Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In Defense of Bayonets and Horses...

RodandStaff

More Substance how about talk to the folks in Uniform and say them Ungrateful words!! Your Truly Not Made in America!!

I've wear the uniform, been wearing it for 13 years....like simple alluded to, this has ZERO substance.

OrDinarE lol - no you didn't call me stupid directly, guess it was the vicarious defense I was feeling for R&S. any how - all good :)

Copy that. Again, please pardon me. All good sage! :D

Edited by OrDinarE
  • Upvote 1

I don’t think Obama was talking down to Romney when he said that we have submarines and aircraft carriers now; I think he was just informing his followers, they’re not the brightest candles on the cake.

Remember how the Big Bird reference upset them?

Lmfao :lol: ....It did sound like maybe thats how it was explained to O'blah.

He was just passing on his latest info from the Joint Chiefs.

Joint Chiefs....Look Oblah, we have these things called aircraft Carriers....

O'blah............Really? Can I go shoot some hoops now?

Joint Chiefs....No....Now listen, Airplanes land on them.

O'blah............Right on the boats?

Joint Chiefs....They are ships, Ok?....Got it?....Ok, now, we have other ships

that go underwater...

O'blah............Nuh uh, right under the water?

Joint Chiefs....Oh, for petes sake :rolleyes:

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 4

Lmfao :lol: ....It did sound like maybe thats how it was explained to O'blah.

He was just passing on his latest info from the Joint Chiefs.

Joint Chiefs....Look Oblah, we have these things called aircraft Carriers....

O'blah............Really? Can I go shoot some hoops now?

Joint Chiefs....No....Now listen, Airplanes land on them.

O'blah............Right on the boats?

Joint Chiefs....They are ships, Ok?....Got it?....Ok, now, we have other ships

that go underwater...

O'blah............Nuh uh, right under the water?

Joint Chiefs....Oh, for petes sake :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!!!!! :bravo: (not really)

• Upvote 1

Wow... Post a thread and go away for a long day at work and what happens? It gets highjacked!!! rolleyes.gif

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. The fighting man is not the young kid behind the joy stick that controls the drones, the fighting man isn't the one who controls the satellites. I don't know... call me old fashioned, but you don't "just win a war" dropping smart bombs from missions launched from off the back of an aircraft carrier. When we invaded Iraq we only "softened up their defenses" with these methods, we secured the victory however by boots on the ground.

War is bloody hell no matter how you cut it. War is still... and always will be won by hand to hand, face to face confrontations of the enemy. Yes aircraft warfare is nice and necessary... but without your marines and army we couldn't win a round of hopscotch at the local Jr. High. That may piss some folks off, but I'm trying just to express my opinion based on years of observing conflicts from the Cold War, to Vietnam all the way up to the present with Afghanistan. I am not belittling any branch of the Military... they are all necessary. My dad was Air Force, and like I said... they do a heck of a job softening up the defenses of the enemy. It's the troops who meet the enemy on his ground however that decide the end of the conflict.

That being said... any comment.... IMO... that belittles the foot soldier and his methods of warfare is, how shall I say this??? .... "Un-Presidential". I guess maybe I'm expecting too much from a community organizer though... he has never faced any kind of boot camp, drills, or understanding of the inner workings of the military... without being advised by others that have. A fact that the active military is well aware of. So some off hand "zinger" just to gain some political ground and belittle your political opponent won't go unnoticed by the ground soldier... the ones that actually put their lives on the line for their country.

Fact... any weapon used to achieve victory is a necessary weapon... and should not be used by someone who actually understands this to try to score points in some debate. That is behavior is unbecoming... imo... to a commander and chief.

Fact... the military themselves are asking for more resources, and more ships, and they are admitting that they cannot patrol the waters of the world without a more expanded fleet. Cutting the military budget will not accomplish this objective.

Fact... what was once an accepted premise that we could maintain a large enough active military to enable us to have confrontations on "two fronts" has been reduced to "one front" and not by those who really understand the world wide military needs (again... imo). Our military brass know that this puts us in a very precarious position.

Sure we can use all the high tech gadgets we want, and those things are nice and give us somewhat of an edge... but those big boy toys are useless without the soldier who can go in a mop up a conflict face to face, eyeball to eyeball.

We have maintained superiority because we have developed the finest military in the world imo. If we cut back on what it takes for them to get that done... then we will no longer maintain that lead for long. That, imo, puts our safety and our future in this great country at risk.

Was I taking "unfair or stupid shots at OblameO"??? Well the last time I checked this forum allows expression of opinions without name calling. I haven't resorted to that low level of depravity, and to do so would be very foolish on my part. I am just saying that in support of our troops, a leader should never try to score points just to "appear witty" (that is until you check the actual facts). To me... and I am stating my opinion here, because many don't go for this extreme stuff like I do... for me it boils down to "Integrity"! Leaders lead by integrity, something I see lacking in this commander and chief. He can go ahead and take all the cheap shots he wants, and try to make witty references to belittle his opponent... that won't win him points with the military. I don't think that behavior is in line with my view of what the position and office of the Presidency is all about... but then again... like I said... maybe I have to learn to reduce my high expectations of hoping to maintain integrity... after all... that appears to be something very hard to come by these days. I say that with a very real, and heavy heart. sad.gif Ya'll have a good day, and if you want to keep attacking ... be my guest... but I hope you don't mind... I won't be jumping in the mud hole with you if you do! wink.gif

• Upvote 4

Wow... Post a thread and go away for a long day at work and what happens? It gets highjacked!!! rolleyes.gif

Let me put this as plain and simple as I can. The fighting man is not the young kid behind the joy stick that controls the drones, the fighting man isn't the one who controls the satellites. I don't know... call me old fashioned, but you don't "just win a war" dropping smart bombs from missions launched from off the back of an aircraft carrier. When we invaded Iraq we only "softened up their defenses" with these methods, we secured the victory however by boots on the ground.

War is bloody hell no matter how you cut it. War is still... and always will be won by hand to hand, face to face confrontations of the enemy. Yes aircraft warfare is nice and necessary... but without your marines and army we couldn't win a round of hopscotch at the local Jr. High. That may piss some folks off, but I'm trying just to express my opinion based on years of observing conflicts from the Cold War, to Vietnam all the way up to the present with Afghanistan. I am not belittling any branch of the Military... they are all necessary. My dad was Air Force, and like I said... they do a heck of a job softening up the defenses of the enemy. It's the troops who meet the enemy on his ground however that decide the end of the conflict.

That being said... any comment.... IMO... that belittles the foot soldier and his methods of warfare is, how shall I say this??? .... "Un-Presidential". I guess maybe I'm expecting too much from a community organizer though... he has never faced any kind of boot camp, drills, or understanding of the inner workings of the military... without being advised by others that have. A fact that the active military is well aware of. So some off hand "zinger" just to gain some political ground and belittle your political opponent won't go unnoticed by the ground soldier... the ones that actually put their lives on the line for their country.

Fact... any weapon used to achieve victory is a necessary weapon... and should not be used by someone who actually understands this to try to score points in some debate. That is behavior is unbecoming... imo... to a commander and chief.

Fact... the military themselves are asking for more resources, and more ships, and they are admitting that they cannot patrol the waters of the world without a more expanded fleet. Cutting the military budget will not accomplish this objective.

Fact... what was once an accepted premise that we could maintain a large enough active military to enable us to have confrontations on "two fronts" has been reduced to "one front" and not by those who really understand the world wide military needs (again... imo). Our military brass know that this puts us in a very precarious position.

Sure we can use all the high tech gadgets we want, and those things are nice and give us somewhat of an edge... but those big boy toys are useless without the soldier who can go in a mop up a conflict face to face, eyeball to eyeball.

We have maintained superiority because we have developed the finest military in the world imo. If we cut back on what it takes for them to get that done... then we will no longer maintain that lead for long. That, imo, puts our safety and our future in this great country at risk.

Was I taking "unfair or stupid shots at OblameO"??? Well the last time I checked this forum allows expression of opinions without name calling. I haven't resorted to that low level of depravity, and to do so would be very foolish on my part. I am just saying that in support of our troops, a leader should never try to score points just to "appear witty" (that is until you check the actual facts). To me... and I am stating my opinion here, because many don't go for this extreme stuff like I do... for me it boils down to "Integrity"! Leaders lead by integrity, something I see lacking in this commander and chief. He can go ahead and take all the cheap shots he wants, and try to make witty references to belittle his opponent... that won't win him points with the military. I don't think that behavior is in line with my view of what the position and office of the Presidency is all about... but then again... like I said... maybe I have to learn to reduce my high expectations of hoping to maintain integrity... after all... that appears to be something very hard to come by these days. I say that with a very real, and heavy heart. sad.gif Ya'll have a good day, and if you want to keep attacking ... be my guest... but I hope you don't mind... I won't be jumping in the mud hole with you if you do! wink.gif

Well Said, Rod!!!!

It is very obvious to anyone who would care to listen, that Obama was trying to make Romney look stupid. It just made him look immature and juvenile. IMHO

• Upvote 1