Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monster Beverage Falls 10% on Death Reports

WallyWeaver

This is the second straight day of huge losses for Monster Beverage. Yesterday they lost 10%. As of right now, today, they are down 11% equaling a 21% drop in 2 days! Hope no one has Monster in their portfolio.

http://www.marketwat...ting/stock/MNST

On a side note, I've always been leery of energy drinks. Whether these allegations are true or not sure doesn't make me feel any better about energy drinks.

WW.

Monster Beverage Falls 10% on Death Reports

Oct. 22, 2012

By Val Brickates Kennedy

BOSTON (MarketWatch)-- Shares of Monster Beverage Corp. fell 10% to $47.84 on Monday on news that the company's energy drinks have been cited in five death reports submitted to U.S. regulators over the past year. Bloomberg News said that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration confirmed it has received reports indicating that five people who consumed Monster beverages later died, but that it considers the incidences to be only allegations until a full investigation is conducted. Bloomberg added that the FDA reports have been cited by parents suing Monster who claim the drinks led to caffeine toxicity and the eventual death of their 14-year-old daughter. Monster shares have fallen 13% over the past 30 days, but are up nearly 4% since the beginning of the year.

Link: http://www.marketwat...orts-2012-10-22

Coffee is the only energy drink I'm into and my kids aren't allowed to drink them either... maybe they were mixing them or something?

Probably not, my sister drank a 24oz yesterday, which she doesn't do, and when I got home she was complaining about her heart racing and having the jitters. I told her that's what she gets for raiding my stash, and she owed me $2.50. :lol:

-

• Upvote 1

Probably not, my sister drank a 24oz yesterday, which she doesn't do, and when I got home she was complaining about her heart racing and having the jitters. I told her that's what she gets for raiding my stash, and she owed me $2.50. laugh.gif

Dude, I thought you were joking up above (about the 24 oz. can every morning)..... biggrin.gif

You'd better not over due it, you don't want to end up like Jerry:

medium_monsterenergymouse.jpg

Man finds mouse in his Monster Energy can.

Coffee is the only energy drink I'm into and my kids aren't allowed to drink them either... maybe they were mixing them or something?

Aw, come on bama..... you have to get them started while they're young.

3472719133_9e8c4f0b30_z.jpg

On a serious note, it will be very interesting to get to the truth on this. Thanks for the comment, bama.

Fight On!

WW.

MNST , monster, dropped as low as $9.14 yesterday and is currently down $5.45 to $40.46. If these accusations and deemed un-founded then this could be one heck of a buy.

pp

Geeze I have fat fingers today... lol

At this point it would be a gamble but I'm sure you're familiar with the popular saying from the Sage of Omaha:

"Be greedy when everyone else is cautious, be cautious when everyone else is greedy."

I do think it's too much of a risk at this point, though. If these allegations are true MNST holders are going to get slaughtered.

WW.

• Upvote 1

It was also reported the the kid that died, had a heart condition.

Why would parents of a child with a heart condition, allow thier child to consume anything with stimulants.

Seems like mom and dad are looking for a quick payout, if you ask me. dry.gif

My hunch is this will be the case, krome. Or at least we will find out that, for one reason or another, Monster energy drinks are at best negligible in relation to these deaths. A lack of information sure didn't keep their stock from tanking, though.

But I think you've heard this one before: "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on."

WW.

• Upvote 1

Closed today at $47.15. Guess I should of took my own advice. blink.gif

pp

I hate it when that happens.... rolleyes.gif

Many times I've had a hunch to make a move on something in a certain time frame and didn't do it..... only to watch my hunch play out exactly as I thought it would.

My defense is I'm not a trader, I'm an investor (it helps me sleep at night), there's a difference. smile.gif

One of these days, though, I'll have an account with 10% or so set aside for trading purposes only. Not there yet.

Happy trading, pp! Thanks for sharing your experience. It would be really neat to get a bunch of active traders/ investors in here to share ideas. That's the main reason why I post in this section.

WW.

WW.

• Upvote 1

I hate it when that happens.... rolleyes.gif

Many times I've had a hunch to make a move on something in a certain time frame and didn't do it..... only to watch my hunch play out exactly as I thought it would.

My defense is I'm not a trader, I'm an investor (it helps me sleep at night), there's a difference. smile.gif

One of these days, though, I'll have an account with 10% or so set aside for trading purposes only. Not there yet.

Happy trading, pp! Thanks for sharing your experience. It would be really neat to get a bunch of active traders/ investors in here to share ideas. That's the main reason why I post in this section.

WW.

Thxs WW, my sole consolation is I bought FB- facebook at $18.02 and dumped on the bounce at @24.05, generally I do the buy high, sell low scenario...lol.

Like your idea of tossing ideas around. I will post more often on this topic and we will see were it goes.

We can't lose them all the time...can we ??? :blink:

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 2

Thxs WW, my sole consolation is I bought FB- facebook at $18.02 and dumped on the bounce at @24.05, generally I do the buy high, sell low scenario...lol.

Like your idea of tossing ideas around. I will post more often on this topic and we will see were it goes.

Nice work on FB. I had a similar experience with BVSN this year in the first quarter.

For the purpose of full disclosure I am almost 100% long on AGQ: Pro Shares Ultra Silver. This is a double leveraged silver ETF and stands to take off once gold and silver start rising again (after the US Presidential election is over).

Check it out here: http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/AGQ

Look at the 3 year chart at the spike in April of 2011. Now compare that with the price of silver (SLV) for that same time period:

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/SLV

So, in the month of April, 2011, silver hit just under $50/ oz. As you can see see, for that same time period, AGQ was just under $200/ share. Hopefully you are picking up on the potential of AGQ... biggrin.gif

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

WW.

• 1 month later...

MNST closed today at $51.85. Gee whiz, I do this lots. Do my due dilagence then chicken out. It was just over $40.00 when I said this. confused.gif

pp

Did you ever end up buying back into FB? That stock looks to be showing some promise.

I saw that with MNST..... another missed opportunity. Grrrrr.

WW.

• Upvote 1

Did you ever end up buying back into FB? That stock looks to be showing some promise.

I saw that with MNST..... another missed opportunity. Grrrrr.

WW.

Yup, was the proud owner of 295 shares... LOL. sold it now, but made some pretty good coin. I keep watching Monster hoping to catch a quick dip and a bounce.

So far, nadda.

pp

• Upvote 1

Yup, was the proud owner of 295 shares... LOL. sold it now, but made some pretty good coin. I keep watching Monster hoping to catch a quick dip and a bounce.

So far, nadda.

pp

Hey pp, are you considering adding some more FB to your portfolio?

Did you see that next Wednesday it is going to be added to the the NASDAQ 100? I can't help but wonder if we are at the bottom for FB....

WW.

• Upvote 1

Hey pp, are you considering adding some more FB to your portfolio?

Did you see that next Wednesday it is going to be added to the the NASDAQ 100? I can't help but wonder if we are at the bottom for FB....

WW.

Keeping a close eye on it. Have some cash waiting to go to work, so I will see what we close at today then deciede.

How about you ?

pp

Keeping a close eye on it. Have some cash waiting to go to work, so I will see what we close at today then deciede.

How about you ?

pp

I suppose I would if I didn't have such a strong belief in what I'm invested in already (AGQ). There are several stocks I find intriguing at this time:

SODA

ECA

LINE

FB

If I had a few million dollars in my brokerage account I would probably move into some of these but for now I'm 99.9% invested in AGQ waiting for the $200 train to pull into the station (I've got money in a penny stock that my Mother talked me into that has been a real disappointment so far).

Once that happens (I think at some point next year) I may consider one of the above stocks.

I was just interested in how you feel about FB now, especially since you already made money off of it.

WW.