Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Urgent .. security forces surrounded the central bank and arrested a group of employees

yota691

Urgent .. security forces surrounded the central bank and arrested a group of employees

Tuesday, October 23 1 / Okrudolf 2012 13:30

b0e42dedcc0dbdb8aa0d9407ea04fe57.jpg

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} security forces cordoned off on Tuesday the Iraqi Central Bank building and arrested a group of employees arrest warrants issued against them.

A security source said told {Euphrates News} that "security forces carried the day surrounded the Iraqi Central Bank and barred entry and exit from it and arrested a group of employees that sentenced arrest warrants by the Iraqi judiciary," adding that "the arrest warrants issued against {36} employees working in the Central Bank of Iraq after the charge of corruption. "

The Cabinet had voted a few days ago to exempt Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi from office and ask Abdul Basit Turki to manage the central bank to further notice, after the news that indicated the presence of suspicions of corruption in the work of the central bank and private sales dollar. Ended http://www.alforatnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24454:2012-10-23-10-16-55&catid=35:2011-04-08-17-24-40&Itemid=56

• Upvote 5

This makes the whole thing kinda hit home... it appears laws have been broken, and they are going after them for it. Like Adam said... this ain't a bad thing. If indeed Shabb's was one of the blockages (esp. if he had a good thing going for himself by not RVing) then this could be just what the RV Dr. ordered to get this thing going. Let's hope! Now boyz... it's time, it's past time... so git-r-dun already!!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the post Yota!!! wink.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 4

I went to bed thinking last night, Something's not right with all of this. Why wouldn't Maliki have waited until Shabibi returned home to Baghdad to issue these warrants, if in case Shabs was manipulating the currency. WE all ready know the integrity commision came out yesterday and said they found no evidence of wrong doing from Shabibi. Supposedly, Selah was one of the employees charged, then Maliki comes out with news that he could be a possible candidate to replace Shabibi. I know I'll probably get bashed for this, but I'm thinking this whole scenario is a ruse. There is just too much conflicting news coming out of Iraq. What better way to disway speculation, than to discredit, then set up a take down scenario on the CBI. Could not the security forces surrounding the CBI be there for security and not arrests. Maybe, like gregp said, "We gonna see a RV" biggrin.gif JMO

• Upvote 10

I went to bed thinking last night, Something's not right with all of this. Why wouldn't Maliki have waited until Shabibi returned home to Baghdad to issue these warrants, if in case Shabs was manipulating the currency. WE all ready know the integrity commision came out yesterday and said they found no evidence of wrong doing from Shabibi. Supposedly, Selah was one of the employees charged, then Maliki comes out with news that he could be a possible candidate to replace Shabibi. I know I'll probably get bashed for this, but I'm thinking this whole scenario is a ruse. There is just too much conflicting news coming out of Iraq. What better way to disway speculation, than to discredit, then set up a take down scenario on the CBI. Could not the security forces surrounding the CBI be there for security and not arrests. Maybe, like gregp said, "We gonna see a RV" biggrin.gif JMO

I plus ya as I always do!! Don't think you will get bashed but by one or two..I'll not mention names :lol: and GM to all

• Upvote 5

Tuesday, October 23 1 / Okrudolf 2012 13:30

b0e42dedcc0dbdb8aa0d9407ea04fe57.jpg

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} security forces cordoned off on Tuesday the Iraqi Central Bank building and arrested a group of employees arrest warrants issued against them.

A security source said told {Euphrates News} that "security forces carried the day surrounded the Iraqi Central Bank and barred entry and exit from it and arrested a group of employees that sentenced arrest warrants by the Iraqi judiciary," adding that "the arrest warrants issued against {36} employees working in the Central Bank of Iraq after the charge of corruption. "

The Cabinet had voted a few days ago to exempt Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi from office and ask Abdul Basit Turki to manage the central bank to further notice, after the news that indicated the presence of suspicions of corruption in the work of the central bank and private sales dollar. Ended http://www.alforatnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24454:2012-10-23-10-16-55&catid=35:2011-04-08-17-24-40&Itemid=56

Nice buildings.... I really think it's the architects that should be being arrested! :blink:

• Upvote 3

what article did maliki said he could be the person to replace sabs..i would like to read that. seriously that guy is a joke

So much conflicting information, yet Shabs says he will return after the holiday to present his case. Now if he is guilty, why even CONTEMPLATE doing this? I just hope he has dirt on Maliki or that these guys, the fab 5, grow SOME...and dump that thug. So today, with all the problems...$117 billion gone missing in ministry of finance, bombers running around loose and all their other issues...they focus on surrounding a bank to corral a group of radical counter clerks. Hope they sent in some tanks...you know how nasty those CLERKS can get. :lol:

With all of the previous corruption over there, are we just now seeing someone move on any of this...if part of, or any of it is even true?....We have seen over the years where I believe it was even Maliki's brother I think, that was one of the culprits, that was caught smuggling millions of dollars of dinars across Iraq's borders, as well as other influential politicians and their relatives...(and I dont recall them doing anything to any of these guys, and this stuff has been going on steadily for years now, and the CBI had to have known about it, as well as the politicians, as the bulk of the dinars, especially in these amounts, most assuredly, would have come from or through the CBI, either directly or indirectly, as per the "street", there just is'nt this type cash normally available in these huge amounts)...this should tell us that the currency will eventually be valuable, if not, why not just hide it there in Iraq somewhere...of course, if it ends up RV'ing and it can be cashed-in out-of-country for more of a windfall, then there you have it!...(why would any of these guys risk a possible imprisonment, or even other possible penalties, by smuggling Dinars out of Iraq, when they could just hang on to it right there at home, or are they scared that once it revalues, that they possibly wont be able to get out of country with it as easy?)...We know they have had crackdowns on how much Dinar can leave the country, even via the airports now in Iraq...I think all of the things going on are possibly "smokescreens"...and hey, even if they are not, at least someone hemmoroids may get moved over there!...lol...

P.S. A friend of mine at one time said he talked to a former IMF guy, he said that about the time that this thing goes down, that you will literally want to throw your dinars away or burn them, as the misinformation and smokescreens will be so bad that it will actually look like nothing could ever happen good over there....so with all that is going on...I like it!...For what it's worth...

• Upvote 2

I really doubt Shabs is guilty of anything. However he is the one who ran the show. I have no doubt there was some corruption in the bank. Three or four years ago Shabs brought it to Maliki's attention. As I understand it Malki kind of shrugged his shoulders on that. I guess he had better things to do, irritate the kurds and piss people off.

I agree with you 100%. I haven't been commenting on all of this much because frankly I don't believe any it. I'm not living with rose colored glasses. My gut is telling me this is all BS because as you have stated, it just doesn't add up.

With all that Shabibi has been in his career, there is no way he's "going out in style" as a criminal. He's too highly respected from the previous positions he has held with those organizations to ruin his reputation and I don't believe he needs to steal the money. I am sure he is more than wealthy.

Remember, Maliki owns all the news broadcasting stations and newspapers. He can say whatever he wants.

I feel Shabibi is hiding because he's not a good liar. He's an honest man who loves his country and his people. Get him out of the country while all this stuff is flying around, so he doesn't have to answer to this...

The only good thing about all of this is that there is definitely something shaking up....our RV? Who knows. :D

BTW...I always enjoy your posts. You have great common sense. :)

• Upvote 3

SHABIBI IS NOT GUILTY. WHY WOULD WE BELIEVE ANYTHING MALIKI SAYS? Shabibi is due to be in Iraq today. Maliki knows this, maybe he was trying to get Shabibi to shut him up like he did with Hashemi's body guards. Try to keep Shabibi from presenting the truth.

This stinks to high heaven, and I tell you what, they put all them folks in Maliki's jail, and I bet all of maliki's smugglers, launderer's at the bank went free. Who has lied from the beginning about "everything". Not Shabibi, he's been quite consistent. It makes me sick, because we will have to wait another month of sundays for the truth to come out. The integrity found shabibi quilty of nothing. Maliki is the only one who found Shabibi guilty, guilty of not giving him money anytime he wanted it. :angry:

Edited by uncirculd

Couldn't have said it better. Apparantly our thoughts run in the same direction. +1 ;)