Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Predictions - Electoral Votes

dhr05b

I figured, since we're just 2 weeks and a day away, we could start a little competition. Submit your electoral vote predictions, and on election night/November 7th, we can see who was the closest. Since we have a variety of political threads (and the ability to post new ones), let's try to keep debating and things of that nature out of the discussion - or at least to a minimal.

There are 538 electoral votes to sort out - best of luck!

I'll start with the bar pretty high. My prediction: Romney 342; Obama 196

This would include a win for Romney in Pennsylvania and Michigan (in addition to major swing states Florida, Ohio, and Iowa).

What do you think?

• Upvote 4

Pushing this up towards the top - we need some more input. Come on, folks, make a prediction! If you don't want to count electoral votes, make a call on a swing-state, etc. It'll be interesting to see how close/far off we all are on election night.

I figured, since we're just 2 weeks and a day away, we could start a little competition. Submit your electoral vote predictions, and on election night/November 7th, we can see who was the closest. Since we have a variety of political threads (and the ability to post new ones), let's try to keep debating and things of that nature out of the discussion - or at least to a minimal.

There are 538 electoral votes to sort out - best of luck!

I'll start with the bar pretty high. My prediction: Romney 342; Obama 196

This would include a win for Romney in Pennsylvania and Michigan (in addition to major swing states Florida, Ohio, and Iowa).

What do you think?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: what polls are you looking at? I'm a Republic and can only hope Mitt could squeeze out a miracle win....your numbers are outrageous....that's outrageously funny. :banhammer:

Romney 287

Obama 251

:rocking-chair:

The only way Mitt can hit your numbers is if he wins Ohio and Florida....and all the polls say this is very very unlikely. I wish it were so, I'm a Republican and think Obama has lied to us, made things much worse for the middle class and I see no light at the end of the tunnel with him as president. However, Mitt was right when he said any Democrat starts out at 47% before any discussions are held.....that's the number of free loaders we have in this country who don't want to give up their something for nothing ideals, they get something (my hard earned tax dollar) for doing nothing (sitting around collecting extended unemployemnt, food stamps, welfare, housing assistances just to name a few). Why do Democrats support giving illegal immigrants an easy path to citizenship? because then they get their vote. Obama got 300 mexican civilians and a few police by arming them with weapons...why is this not in the mainstream news? He wants to take our guns away while he walks around with an army of men armed to the teeth to protect him. I'll give up my guns when every politician who support such legislation give up their guards, armed or not.

My best guess:

Romney - 311 +/- 2

Obama - 221 +/- 2

My personal opinion is Romney takes Nevada, Iowa, Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, Virgina, and Wisconsin. I think he has a real shot in Michigan and Pennsylvania and he will pick one of those up.

Wisconsin is close for me, too, but I think the recent Walker recall election results, coupled with the home state favorite son Ryan, gives the state to Romney in a squeaker.

WW.

• Upvote 2

RasmussenThe full Swing State tracking update offers Rasmussen Reader subscribers a combined view of the results from 11 key states won by President Obama in 2008

and thought to be competitive in 2012. The states collectively hold 146 Electoral College votes and include Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Release Date Obama Romney NET

October 23, 2012 45 50 Romney +5

October 22, 2012 46 49 Romney +3

October 21, 2012 46 50 Romney +4

October 20, 2012 46 50 Romney +4

October 19, 2012 47 49 Romney +2

October 18, 2012 48 49 Romney +1

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 1

Release Date Obama Romney NET

October 23, 2012 45 50 Romney +5

October 22, 2012 46 49 Romney +3

October 21, 2012 46 50 Romney +4

October 20, 2012 46 50 Romney +4

October 19, 2012 47 49 Romney +2

October 18, 2012 48 49 Romney +1

I thought your prediction seemed a little low but I wasn't going to say anything because we aren't supposed to debate on this thread. biggrin.gif

WW.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...