Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Outsourced Bain workers describe life in Romney’s America

umbertino

You must have a boring life umbertino. All you contribute to this site are your crappy music videos that I'm sure nobody listens too,

End Quote

Thanks steve.I'm impressed by your words.

Only one thing... about "crappy music"... I hear you and that's your very reputable opinion... Be sure I'll take that into due account...Promise.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh Maggie ;)

Let me help you out.....Im going to explain a Business owners shoes

(my fellow business owners already know this) anyone looking for a job

should also understand this.

Im in the construction business

1.....I have a business.....I help my staff

2.....I help my Clients.....They help to pay my staff

I also help....

3.....The Real Estate Agents I work with....Their staffs

4.....The Developers I work with....Their Business and staff

5.....The Contractors that I work with....and their staffs

6.....The Sub-Contractors I work with....all of their staffs

7.....The Suppliers and their staffs

8.....The Manufacturers and all of their Employees

This is just my little Business and some of the people it touches daily, not including

all of the fees, taxes, bonds, retainers, etc. that affects thousands more.

If I am to stay in Business, I need a friendly environment....Every job creator needs

that situation....Without that.....We leave, and those people you 'feel' for will have less

and less opportunity to be employed.

If the auto companies would have lost, workers would have lost. No taxes from those out of work employees.

No client sales, No taxes.

Parts makers and Suppliers would have lost. No taxes.

No staff. No taxes.

Be thankful, some are, that Pres. Obama did not allow them to take the natural course to bankruptcy.

Your snapshot left out the most important group... the people that spend money which makes a business lucrative. There's no business without the people.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If the auto companies would have lost, workers would have lost. No taxes from those out of work employees.

No staff. No taxes.

Be thankful, some are, that Pres. Obama did not allow them to take the natural course to bankruptcy.

Your snapshot left out the most important group... the people that spend money which makes a business lucrative. There's no business without the people.

Simple, all the entities Cris referred to are people and the staffs are People too.

And the dictator Obama using public funds to manipulate the automotive industry, will eventually cripple them.

If they're not able to be competitive on the global market they need to be out of it.

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 1

Oh Maggie ;)

Let me help you out.....Im going to explain a Business owners shoes

(my fellow business owners already know this) anyone looking for a job

should also understand this.

Im in the construction business

1.....I have a business.....I help my staff

2.....I help my Clients.....They help to pay my staff

I also help....

3.....The Real Estate Agents I work with....Their staffs

4.....The Developers I work with....Their Business and staff

5.....The Contractors that I work with....and their staffs

6.....The Sub-Contractors I work with....all of their staffs

7.....The Suppliers and their staffs

8.....The Manufacturers and all of their Employees

This is just my little Business and some of the people it touches daily, not including

all of the fees, taxes, bonds, retainers, etc. that affects thousands more.

If I am to stay in Business, I need a friendly environment....Every job creator needs

that situation....Without that.....We leave, and those people you 'feel' for will have less

and less opportunity to be employed.

You are exactly correct. I'm an independent contractor in the accounting and tax business that works with clients's that gross 6 Million or less, today. Small business owners hire the bulk of our workers, and provide healthcare benefits to their employees.

I'm all about stimulating the economy to provide opportunity to the massive number of smaller companies that employ American's. I support you Cris. It's difficult to run a small business in our economy. Rock on Cris, I'm sure you can do it. :peace:

• Upvote 2

No staff. No taxes.

See #2 the Clients?....Those are 'the People'....Thats where all the money comes from ;)

Can You Say "Bush"?...

No Didn't Think So. Really Sticks In Your Craw Doesn't It?

Oh Maggie :rolleyes:

Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush....Yep I can say that wonderful name...

He took Clintons recession and turned it into almost 7 years of growth.

Thats the History ;)

You are exactly correct. I'm an independent contractor in the accounting and tax business that works with clients's that gross 6 Million or less, today. Small business owners hire the bulk of our workers, and provide healthcare benefits to their employees.

I'm all about stimulating the economy to provide opportunity to the massive number of smaller companies that employ American's. I support you Cris. It's difficult to run a small business in our economy. Rock on Cris, I'm sure you can do it. :peace:

Thanks Ski....Im trying :D

• Upvote 2

There will be no tax base without American workers. Our payroll taxes support the daily expenses in DC. It's rather simple to me. The US is screwed without on shore American workers. The outsourcing of jobs to other countries has caused a serious decline in our tax basis over the years. Local spending is effected, as well.

I WOULD IMPOSE A SIGNIFICANT TAX ON AMERICAN CORPORATIONS THAT OUTSOURCE THEIR WORK. This country will never survive in it's current state.

• Upvote 2

Bush...

He took Clintons recession and turned it into almost 7 years of growth.

Thats the History wink.gif

HaHaha Keep going cris this is getting GOOD! biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif So Funny!!! ("almost" if that wasn't such a lie.)

You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself there Little Feller... kinda like the one we all fell into in 2008 BEFORE Bush left.

Remember that irritating thing called a "Financial Melt Down"... you know... what happened with his banking buddies.

Was that just his parting "Gift" that he fixed up for us in his last year in office. I Think Not!

• Upvote 2

Hi Ski.... I agree with your premise, but corporations are already taxed too high... that's why they go elsewhere. And as it's free enterprise, they do go elsewhere to maximize their profits. That's just common business sense, and they shouldn'tbe further "penalized" for trying to do that... costs will just be further passed on to the consumer!

We SHOULDN'T mandate how and where a business wants to operate.... rather We SHOULD provide the most nurturing environment and incentives to stay at home... and that is LOWERING THE CORPORATE TAX RATE from 35% (highest or second-highest in the world!), to be in line with and competetitive with other nations. I'd say an additional incentive would be a TAX HOLIDAY to zero percent for two to three years... and watch them all come home! Then settling at perhaps 15-20%...

Corporations want to be here... in a friendly, productive, nurturing, profitable environment... Why wouldn't they? BUT OUR GOV'T. is too punitive... once again raising money through taxes, rather than through production and healthy employment. Always backward!

• Upvote 2

HaHaha Keep going cris this is getting GOOD! biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif So Funny!!! ("almost" if that wasn't such a lie.)

You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself there Little Feller... kinda like the one we all fell into in 2008 BEFORE Bush left.

Remember that irritating thing called a "Financial Melt Down"... you know... what happened with his banking buddies.

Was that just his parting "Gift" that he fixed up for us in his last year in office. I Think Not!

Oh Maggie :lol: You so funny

No, I havent forgotten.....Your buddies, Barney Frank & Chris Dodd

are responsible for the Financial Meltdown...And heres O'blah thanking

them for their fine work in helping him destroy our Great Country

1348317959956.jpg

Hi Ski.... I agree with your premise, but corporations are already taxed too high... that's why they go elsewhere. And as it's free enterprise, they do go elsewhere to maximize their profits. That's just common business sense, and they shouldn'tbe further "penalized" for trying to do that... costs will just be further passed on to the consumer!

We SHOULDN'T mandate how and where a business wants to operate.... rather We SHOULD provide the most nurturing environment and incentives to stay at home... and that is LOWERING THE CORPORATE TAX RATE from 35% (highest or second-highest in the world!), to be in line with and competetitive with other nations. I'd say an additional incentive would be a TAX HOLIDAY to zero percent for two to three years... and watch them all come home! Then settling at perhaps 15-20%...

Corporations want to be here... in a friendly, productive, nurturing, profitable environment... Why wouldn't they? BUT OUR GOV'T. is too punitive... once again raising money through taxes, rather than through production and healthy employment. Always backward!

Hi Jaxinjersey smile.gif I've heard you theory before but it never takes into account the biggest reason that large corps take it overseas.

I say biggest reason because it is their biggest cost... Labor.

As we read in this article the Bain workers were being paid around $17.00 per hour and they can pay labor in China at .90 cents per hour.

So with that said... I don't believe the reasons that you state include the whole picture.

Even if we gave them a "Tax Holiday" and begged they would still not come back if their lower labor cost were more than the lower taxes. Which they always will be.

Like you say they are completely PROFIT driven.

I would like them to be taxed at a higher rate so that they don't get their "cake and eat it too" while dumping the American workers.

JMHO Maggie

Oh Maggie laugh.gif You so funny

No, I havent forgotten.....Your buddies, Barney Frank & Chris Dodd

are responsible for the Financial Meltdown...

Cute cris biggrin.gif Not MY Buddies...

I knew by 2004 that something was VERY WRONG... I kept asking sheesh is nobody watching???

Now I'm just a common citizen...

Someone in Bushes administraition had to know a lot more than I did, why didn't they give him a heads up if he was too blinded by Oil in his eyes to see.

Hi Jaxinjersey smile.gif I've heard you theory before but it never takes into account the biggest reason that large corps take it overseas.

I say biggest reason because it is their biggest cost... Labor.

As we read in this article the Bain workers were being paid around $17.00 per hour and they can pay labor in China at .90 cents per hour.

So with that said... I don't believe the reasons that you state include the whole picture.

Even if we gave them a "Tax Holiday" and begged they would still not come back if their lower labor cost were more than the lower taxes. Which they always will be.

Like you say they are completely PROFIT driven.

I would like them to be taxed at a higher rate so that they don't get their "cake and eat it too" while dumping the American workers.

JMHO Maggie

Hi Maggie... yep, it's not my theory and has been floating about, mostly by business people! You have a valid perspective for sure, but as you say... it's still just part of the overall premise. I'm a leader, a businessman, and an optimist... as most business leaders are. With that said... we don't know what corporations will do in a more nurturing environment... but most have declared one way or another, that they'd like to have the opportunity. And that's all we can offer! So... why not try, and find out what they'll do?!!! Again... I am totally opposed to any punitive mandate. You cannot legislate free enterprise or free spirit...

With that said... no employer, big or small, is in business to provide jobs or employment. They are in business to do business... whatever their business is! It's not a moral issue. Jobs are simply the wonderful byproduct of healthy business... further contributing to nurture and build a healthy economy! Profits should be as high as possible... and we can only hope that highly profitable employers are happy employers that want to invest those profits into their companies, and hence their employees. It's basic Business 101 anyway you slice it.

But you cannot, should not, ever mandate morality. Some will be greedier than others... that's life... and that's their business, not mine.

• Upvote 2

Our jobs are shipped offshore due to cheap labor costs. I get that. Why manufacture a garment in the US for $2.00 when it can be manufactured in another country for .20 cents? Our software technical support jobs are outsourced too. I'm so tired of calling Quickbooks for support and having my call diverted to Jeet in India with no resolve to my software issue.

Our jobs have been driven away due to cheap labor costs, shell corporations and other factors. Corporate America needs an upcharge on their taxes if they import goods of any kind to this country.

Our jobs are shipped offshore due to cheap labor costs. I get that. Why manufacture a garment in the US for $2.00 when it can be manufactured in another country for .20 cents? Our software technical support jobs are outsourced too. I'm so tired of calling Quickbooks for support and having my call diverted to Jeet in India with no resolve to my software issue.

Our jobs have been driven away due to cheap labor costs, shell corporations and other factors. Corporate America needs an upcharge on their taxes if they import goods of any kind to this country.

What... no hi Jax?!!! LOL As I said... I agree with your premise... but stand by my solution! I expounded in my response to Maggie.

Let's get these corporations and jobs back to the US! We all agree! :)

• Upvote 1

Hello Umbertino and Maggie !! I like them! It takes big brass ones to post a opinion without getting hammered and negged!

This is what I cant wait for. Where is Romney going to come up with 15 trillion dollars to pay our deficit down plus

pay back the chinese? I guess he could ask bush for help in this matter since they spent it.

I do know where he will get some of it when he gets rid of government regulated health care and sticks the seniors with

a state run VOUCHER system.I can just smell the kickbacks in the air.Maybe he can beg the chinese to forgive

our debts to them.Just like Obama he was handed a turd sandwich from the get go! Stuffed into a war he didnt start

and his pockets emptied to try to build a better america.Where would you start? Obama didnt want to tax us right out of the gate

and with the economy in the outhouse jobless people want there homes to.He wanted to tax the rich but could not.

If romney wins how long will it be that romney supporters will be posting funny pics of thier encumbant and bashing the

job that he does for this country.How long? It wont matter much who wins this election without a change of folks who work our

government,senate,congress.Romney will say I will veto this if I dont get that and vise versa,The USA still does not win

either way! the poor,seniors,middle class will still pay for our leaders mistakes.

I just want to know where the mechanism is that pulls us americans together to make all decisions together? To me we dont

need any parties just the laws to be voted on ONE at a time.By the people for the people!

Now I understand what my friends were trying to tell me! If you try to talk anything positive about Obama you will

get negged to death as I have.Where is my freedom of speech? Under the rules of no bashing Obama I read (do not bash the right wing) but its ok to bash the left.That tells me this is a republican view.I can tell because I will get a ton of negs for this post

I am not bashing ANY party! Its my freedom to say with some class what I feel without the fight for any party.

We all know our government is mega crooked but during election time its finger pointing time for who's to blame?

Its OUR fault our government does what they do.Why you ask? Because we do have the power to impeach any

leader who does not match parr with the folks of this country.Again where is the mechanism that pulls us together as a nation?

Did anyone see the poll on the elections? 25%obama 25%Romney 50%neither That means 50% of America thinks both

of these people are bums not worth electing WOW is all I can say to that! I guess WE the PEOPLE spoke!

Thats because they know this country is not going to change the rich will stay that way and the poor WILL pay!

I am still looking for that mechanism to pull us together.

And dont blame Maggie or umbertino for my thoughts its all on me for this post,But I do support them!

I only want pluses no negs! heres the America that I know and have grown to love just

because I said only pluses! No mechanism in sight! God help us all!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They are in business to do business... whatever their business is! It's not a moral issue. But you cannot, should not, ever mandate morality. Some will be greedier than others... that's life... and that's their business, not mine.

Jaxinjersey... hey man don't go sideways on me, I was not talking about mandating morality... birth control, gays, abortion that is mandating morality.

I was talking about American tax policies that we clearly don't agree on, thats fine. You say my point is just a "part of the overall premise"...

I again say Cheap Labor is the biggest reason, if not THE reason why we are seeing the jobs going overseas. If they choose to do that fine. Not My Business either.

They just need to pony up at a different rate than the corps who are here in the US and employ Americans, don't want to "nurture" the off shore corps, thats all.

Thanks Maggie

Having been a business owner with my husband in a commercial framing construction co. that directly employed a crew of over 100 framers that worked both all over the US and internationally...

However our creedo was to "take good care of our people and they would take care of us".

Never did we take the attitude that we were "helping" them by allowing them to work for us...

To do that we offered Better Than "Fair" Wages and Health Insurance which is as you may know unusual in the construction industry.

It worked for us though... having an experienced and loyal crew that we could always count on was a win / win for all.

Taxes were a burden but that was always a part of the deal...

Maggie, I completely understand your employer ethic, I am a sparky contractor.

To stay alive these last few years I have maintained the high pay scale, but still been forced to drop my overhead and profit to be affordable.

In order to compensate I have all but eliminated using any local wholesalers, and except for heavy materials like wire or controls, I have everything dropped shipped.

I have also worked for free for a little over two years, taking only living expense and re-depositing the rest back into the corporate account.

The state of Washington has treated independent businesses like their personal ATM, constantly raising taxes, even going so far as to make some tax increases retroactive, which could only force the businesses themselves to have to pay the increased burden out of their own pocket.

While I understand your statement of axes are part of the deal, I'm sorry but that is completely out of touch with the reality of the governments attitude towards people like me.

I don't think you are in business anymore, if you were I can guarantee you would never have said what you did.

The state is constantly finding ways to take my money.

Three times they have "lost" or not received a required corporate filing, which has resulted in a $10 fee turning into a $390 to $700 fine overnight.

They get extra money, but the fallout is I have to renew my wholesale certificate, unified business number, master business license, contact every vendor with the new forms, and waste many many hours just so the state can screw me out of another few hundred bucks.

last may I got a 5 page list of "New and Improved B&O Taxes"

New and Improved???? What freaking moron thought THAT one up?

No.

I'm glad you supported your husband in his business, but it is obvious he started and ran it, and you were there to assist as needed, and probably do the books.

I'm not dissing you, I wish my ex wife had half an ounce of ambition, we would still be married and I would have saved a $500,000.00 chapter 7.

If you were still running the company you would also be extremely challenged by the adversarial position all government has taken, they act like ANY company is fair game and deep pockets.

I'm sorry Maggie, but that comment about taxes are just part of the deal is very naive.

If I recieved anything for even 1/2 of the taxes I paid I could possibly accept it, but I am even forced to pay for my own workers compensation on myself, but am not allowed to file a claim, even when I was hurt on the job, they refuse to cover my medical expenses.

Twice now I have been forced to pay for my own surgeries from job site injuries, had to work while I was supposed to he healing, and then had to pay quarterly workers compensation on my own wages that I then turn around and re-dopisit into the company account. .

So please, save that sanctimonious horse crap for someone that doesn't have a clue.

I have been getting directly attacked by the state for the last 3 years, and am growing the company IN SPITE of their best efforts to destroy me.

I am sure I will work until the day I die, but I will at least have my pride intact.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 3

Jaxinjersey... hey man don't go sideways on me, I was not talking about mandating morality... birth control, gays, abortion that is mandating morality.

I was talking about American tax policies that we clearly don't agree on, thats fine. You say my point is just a "part of the overall premise"...

I again say Cheap Labor is the biggest reason, if not THE reason why we are seeing the jobs going overseas. If they choose to do that fine. Not My Business either.

They just need to pony up at a different rate than the corps who are here in the US and employ Americans, don't want to "nurture" the off shore corps, thats all.

Thanks Maggie

Hey Maggie... no no, not going sideways! But, I do believe there is a bit of a sidestep around which many deny the connection to morality, in the guise of "fairness". The mere fact that anyone wants to "penalize" an employer for their own legal and legitimate policies... has a moral implication... and is typically "sold" that way politically, as a spin. You can't have two sets of rules, unless you change the laws.... and right now the law allows that free enterprise. This isn't Wall Street with regulations... it's free enterprise.

My solution stands... with no moral imperative. Lower tax rates and see what happens! It's not a cure all... but it sends the right signals for business. One major corporation may jump all over it and reduce or eliminate outsourcing, possibly out of pure pride and nationalism! Who knows?!!! Another may not. Another may resist. Another may follow, especially if it's a major competitor... perhaps simply as a PR move, so as not to lose loyal customers. Now, it's all about marketing! The dynamics shift and change... As far as I'm concerned, and many others... it's an exciting prospect we want to see unfold!!! Incentive and reward typically provide profit and prosperity. It's a good thing! :)

• Upvote 1

What... no hi Jax?!!! LOL As I said... I agree with your premise... but stand by my solution! I expounded in my response to Maggie.

Let's get these corporations and jobs back to the US! We all agree! :)

Hi Jax. Agreed.

I want everyone to take their clothes off now and check their garment labels. I hope that didn't sound too risque. My point is that all of our garments, electronics, housewares and some food sources are imported. The majority of the produce that I buy is imported from Mexico and Central America. Even our oil is imported. The US has a nice stash of oil, we need to drill and support our own O&G needs rather than importing from the ME.

Corporate America can't have it both ways. The wan't cheap offshore labor costs in turn they want to pay less taxes. Sounds like greed to me. Any Corporation that imports goods of any kind should be up charged from a tax stand point. That's the only solution to the problem that I can think of.

At some point we need to bring our jobs home or this country fail miserably.

Hi Jax. Agreed.

I want everyone to take their clothes off now and check their garment labels. I hope that didn't sound too risque. My point is that all of our garments, electronics, housewares and some food sources are imported. The majority of the produce that I buy is imported from Mexico and Central America. Even our oil is imported. The US has a nice stash of oil, we need to drill and support our own O&G needs rather than importing from the ME.

Corporate America can't have it both ways. The want cheap offshore labor costs in turn they want to pay less taxes. Sounds like greed to me. Any Corporation that imports goods of any kind should be up charged from a tax stand point. That's the only solution to the problem that I can think of.

At some point we need to bring our jobs home or this country fail miserably.

Well Ski just for you... I pulled down my Ralph Lauren Cords and guess what? Made in Cambodia...

I Also Checked My Sweater And It Is Made In Hong Kong...

Now should we be giving a "Tax Write Off" for "Moving Cost" for Corps Moving Offshore???

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2

Well Ski just for you... I pulled down my Ralph Lauren Cords and guess what? Made in Cambodia...

Now should we be giving a "Tax Write Off" for "Moving Cost" for Corps Moving Offshore???

What is your suggestion, Maggie? Do you support cheap goods manufactured overseas or bringing our jobs home. I'm willing to pay more for my goods knowing that fellow Americans have jobs, are paying their taxes and spending locally.

• Upvote 1

I too, am a construction worker for 34 years.

There is not 1 company I worked for that did not make a profit....

When that company no longer made a profit things changed new employees, new ideas, if things did not turn around cuts had to be made.

Sometime It was me sometimes it wasn't....

NOT 1 TIME when it was my turn to leave (let go) I did not never ever say you can't let me go you owe me.

I moved on found another job and worked till work ran out...

Right now this week if this company I work for does not get released to start on the next project Friday I will be let go, to start my new quest to find another job.

The only 1 I blame is the policies of this govt. they have the shackles around the wrists and ankles of everyone on businesses.

Bain did not cause me to loose my job a shrinking economy did, created by the bad policies from OBAMA.

• Upvote 2

***///

Well said, SKI...! Brava!! :tiphat:

Thanks Sarge. I care about our country and our people. I have a basic understanding as to why the US is failing from a financial stand point.

Btw: The American tax payers can no longer offer foreign aide and a war chest to other countries. The spending in DC has to stop.

Corporate bail outs should end, immediately. If a major company in the US is under duress they should file Bankruptcy, as we have seen with AMR.

I'm really pissed in the way that DC spends our money with no concern for American taxpayers. Our government is wasteful, at best. Hopefully, a new Administration will be mindful and effective.

What is your suggestion, Maggie? Do you support cheap goods manufactured overseas or bringing our jobs home. I'm willing to pay more for my goods knowing that fellow Americans have jobs, are paying their taxes and spending locally.

Ski Dear... I would Be Willing To Go Naked/ With A Blanket Of Course... To Have My Clothes Made In America.

I would be one of the first new fashion designers! biggrin.gif(ummm... maybe I would colaborate under Thuggie's wiser fashion choices, and that's Ok with me.)

I too, am a construction worker for 34 years.

NOT 1 TIME when it was my turn to leave (let go) I did not never ever say you can't let me go you owe me.

...Right now this week if this company I work for does not get released to start on the next project Friday I will be let go, to start my new quest to find another job.

The only 1 I blame is the policies of this govt. they have the shackles around the wrists and ankles of everyone on businesses.

Bain did not cause me to loose my job a shrinking economy did, created by the bad policies from OBAMA.

NOPE! There is a bigger picture here Kid. It goes much more far back than Obama...

I Truly Wish You Well, Maggie

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1