Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama vs Romney Debate

Markinsa

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the debate?

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Tie
    • Didn't Watch

[quote name='TexasGranny' date='17 October 2012 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1350491906' post='1048472'

Do you really want to let the empty suit have 4 more years to completely destroy our free enterprise system?

:rocking-chair:

... No way... no how TG emot-shakehead.gif ... that's for sure!!!wink.gif

• Upvote 2

I know a lady that gets food stamps that got a letter a couple of weeks ago that informed her she got a federally mandated raise in her allotment and at the end of the letter it said if you have not registered to vote yet a registration form was enclosed... if it wasn't so sad it would be funny, raising food stamps to get votes.... before anyone calls BS I saw this letter and even called DHR myself to b!t%& about Obummer 'buying votes'..

Man Bama.....that just makes me really mad.

• Upvote 4

In last night's debate, Romney repeatedly stated that he WOULD NOT reduce the amount of taxes paid by the wealthy. If you read his plan carefully, it states that he will:

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates

Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains

Eliminate taxes for taxpayers with AGI below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains

Eliminate the Death Tax

Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)

He also stated that he would NOT increase taxes on the middle class. If he is successful in repealing ACA, the taxes for the middle class will be reduced.

If he is successful in creating the jobs he says he can, the increased revenue from people working and paying taxes along with the reduction in unemployment checks, food stamps, medicaid coverage, etc. - Also, he stated last night that he would reduce the deductions allowed on the wealthy and it would be a neutral exchange with the across the board cuts basically making the tax code less complicated.

Do you really want to let the empty suit have 4 more years to completely destroy our free enterprise system?

:rocking-chair:

I never said i was going to vote for Obama again, i just do not want to jump on hope and change and end up riding in the dung truck. If he can create these 12 million jobs then i am for it. I just hope he can. Cutting the budget well that is going to be a high mountain to climb. I still think it is going to be a hard sell in congress to allow only the middle class to get a tax cut. So basically everyone is still going to get a tax cut. thanks granny to bringing this to our attention.

• Upvote 1

I know a lady that gets food stamps that got a letter a couple of weeks ago that informed her she got a federally mandated raise in her allotment and at the end of the letter it said if you have not registered to vote yet a registration form was enclosed... if it wasn't so sad it would be funny, raising food stamps to get votes.... before anyone calls BS I saw this letter and even called DHR myself to b!t%& about Obummer 'buying votes'..

Actually it was a "bonus".

here's the story:

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa has threatened to subpoena the Department of Health and Human Services if it does not turn over documents by Thursday on a program he claims is being used to "buy" the election by hiding the effects of ObamaCare.

Issa, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made his demands in a letter late Wednesday to Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. His office effectively is accusing the department of stringing them along in their months-old request for documents about an $8 billion program that pays bonuses to Medicare Advantage plans.

"Your staff has run out of excuses and the long delay in providing these documents is inexcusable," Issa wrote, in the letter obtained by FoxNews.com.

Issa claims the bonus program is being used to mask the first round of Medicare Advantage cuts in connection with the health care overhaul -- in order to win favor with seniors. He said in a recent letter that "the only plausible explanation" for the program is that it's being used as a "temporary bandage" to cover up cuts, "realizing the political danger" of those cuts in an election year.

The program in question is called a "demonstration" project. But Issa's office complains the project is far more sweeping than a run-of-the-mill test program, and conveniently lasts until 2014.

The congressman further says the effects of ObamaCare's $200 billion in Medicare Advantage cuts over the next decade would have been felt starting this week -- if not for the bonus payments. Thanks to them, he wrote in an August letter, the project offsets 71 percent of the cuts this year.

"What they're really doing is trying on the eve of an election not to have seniors realize that the cuts to Medicare Advantage were real," Issa told Fox News in an interview earlier this month.

But the department, while saying it is reviewing Issa's letter, portrayed the program differently.

“The quality bonus payment demo is providing incentives to more (Medicare Advantage) plans to improve care, giving more patients high-quality choices in the program," the department said in a written response to FoxNews.com. "It is consistent with previous demos."

Earlier this year, the Government Accountability Office recommended that the Obama administration kill the bonus payment program -- questioning the legal authority behind the system.

In his Wednesday letter to Sebelius, Issa described how Health and Human Services officials repeatedly claimed they were working on his committee's request for documents. According to the letter, they told the panel on Oct. 3 they were "aiming for tomorrow" and "the copying machines are working overtime."

The documents have not been turned over. Issa, in his letter, set a deadline of 5 p.m. ET on Thursday for meeting his demands -- or else the committee will move to subpoena.

The letter was also signed by Rep. James Lankford, R-Okla., who chairs an oversight subcommittee.

• Upvote 1

This is a genuine question which is not rhetorical.... I was half listening to the debate and don't have the attention span to go another round.

Did I hear Romney say he proposed a flat write-off number.... that people could put into the write -off basket whatever they wanted that would qualify..... and that he would get rid of being able to write off property tax and mortgage interest. I know the number I heard him give by example is about a 4th of what the literal and actual write off would be for most people I know.... but by the time I heard his example number, I didnt catch the first part.

I'm in the group that is targeted to get hit no matter who wins... lol... and was asking only to be sure I heard what I thought I heard.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify what that was all about and what he said or meant :)

66517_165020390303898_1587395417_n.jpg...yeah right!!! dry.gif

Opps... I guess OblameO got his numbers wrong again!!! rolleyes.gif

197444_165019043637366_11915495_n.jpg

But how can we really expect him to have the time to research all the facts...

... after all, he's been so busy lately!!! blink.gif

425657_165018233637447_1594574597_n.jpg

Notice how he didn't wanna touch that topic in the debate either...

Yes Mr. President "YOU DID THAT"... yeah, the truth hurts don't it!!! dry.gif

283475_164582327014371_11714162_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

This is a genuine question which is not rhetorical.... I was half listening to the debate and don't have the attention span to go another round.

Did I hear Romney say he proposed a flat write-off number.... that people could put into the write -off basket whatever they wanted that would qualify..... and that he would get rid of being able to write off property tax and mortgage interest. I know the number I heard him give by example is about a 4th of what the literal and actual write off would be for most people I know.... but by the time I heard his example number, I didnt catch the first part.

I'm in the group that is targeted to get hit no matter who wins... lol... and was asking only to be sure I heard what I thought I heard.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify what that was all about and what he said or meant :)

He said he would allow deductions up to 25K, after that was reached you get no more. No matter how much you make.

• Upvote 3

Just remember, the 25K figure was not set in any plan - he used it as an example only!

He said he would allow deductions up to 25K, after that was reached you get no more. No matter how much you make.

• Upvote 1

550533_165169066955697_176315872_n.jpg... of course the Media would give it to OblameO!!!rolleyes.gif

True Dat!!! wink.gif

576866_165169180289019_1898204292_n.jpg

Gee... I wonder if the Liberals are gonna label Mychal as "Racist"??? rolleyes.gif

254690_165167880289149_201715625_n.jpg

I love Dennis Miller's wit!!! wink.gif

553973_165022713636999_902908388_n.jpg

Sure... I would do that...anything to get him out of Washington quicker!!! laugh.gif

420997_165021430303794_312907435_n.jpg

You crack me up, Rod. I'm willing to help with the Obama's move. I love DC. I'm willing to help them out at my own expense. Are my expenses deductible on my 2012 Tax Return?

• Upvote 2

Just remember, the 25K figure was not set in any plan - he used it as an example only!

Thanks! I was hoping you would answer as it seems you were pretty on top of what was said. Agreed, I clearly heard him say it was an an example.... did I essentially get the other parts right? It just means I might do some things different if that is what I heard and would need to get my brain going in the direction :D

Thanks much TG !

PS my brain also reversed the numbers so I thought he said 52K.... So my heart flipped a bit when I read your response.... Thank G-d it was just an example... lol lol lol

• Upvote 1

OMG thank G-d its an example.... :) Going to wrap my brain around re-structuring scenarios in preparation

Thanks for your help Mitch and TG.... appreciate it :D

• Upvote 2

Here is another thing that I hear continually out of especially long time elected Dems.... they all say they are against "the rich"... but they don't tell you how much they make. Nor do they mention that being an elected official they have the sweet deal of opting out of Social Security and have all kinds of added perks and benifits (including their own medical plan... and it ain't "OblameO Care"). Don't get me wrong I have nothing against wealthy successful people as long as they aren't being greedy and heartless... or lying about it. Isn't it "somewhat hypocritical" to point a finger and try to "blame the rich" when they are "the rich". Hmmmmm.... makes me wonder if they don't have some kind of hidden agenda!!! rolleyes.gif That being said Mr. President... man of the people... protector of the poor and forgotten lower and middle class Americans.... man who always tries to act like you are "one of them"... how much do you make sir??? unsure.gif

552175_165169573622313_484849807_n.jpg...Wow, I see at least someone is doing better in this economy!!!rolleyes.gif