Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for security ahead of Benghazi attack

Markinsa

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for security ahead of Benghazi attack

From Elise Labott, CNN

updated 7:54 PM EDT, Mon October 15, 2012

CNN.com

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton said the buck stops with her when it comes to who is to blame for security ahead of a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, Clinton said.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded.

In the wake of an attack, there is always "confusion," Clinton said. But the information has since changed, Clinton said in the interview.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of September 10. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again -- but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."

• Upvote 4

***///

Well, well, well...

Somebody finally stands up -- a woman!

So now he hides behind ladies' skirts.

Wonder what they promised her to take the fall for this one. <_<

Granted, in her capacity SHE IS responsible,

but she should have grown a pair sooner and forced him to step up

on this issue BEFORE the tragedy befell our Patriots!

No pass for you Hillarious. :angry:

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!

• Upvote 7

I haven't posted in the Off Topics section for probably close to 8 months...... but this article is a stunner.

I simply can't believe it. Not that Mrs. Clinton isn't responsible, of course I believe that.

It's the tarnish to her legacy. It's laying down on the sword for Obama, and right before the debate, too. There is no question the timing is choreographed.

The part that is stunning is this isn't the Clinton way. The Clinton way is to protect the Clinton legacy at all costs. When I think about the Clintons I think about the Vince Foster murder (no, it wasn't suicide) or "It depends on what the meaning of is, is." Admitting to a major national blunder that resulted in 4 deaths, and taking sole responsibility..... again, I just can't believe it. What would it take for Mrs. Clinton to fall on the sword like this? One can only imagine.

Thanks for bringing the article over, Mark.

I'm still sitting here in shock.....

WW.

• Upvote 7

It's laying down on the sword for Obama, and right before the debate, too. There is no question the timing is choreographed.

***///

BINGO...! Right on the head WW...

And the rest of your post is very insightful.

Not fans of Hillarious, but do respect her.

(Thank you for coming over to the dark side er, OffTopics Section for a change! ;) )

***///

Well said, JonJon. :twothumbs:

Sure are right about that.

• Upvote 2

She is going to retire from politics after her term anyway, so she is the best scapegoat.

Wouldn't doubt, she just added to her retirement fund. Obama probably just deposited some of that "stealfromus" money for another payoff. He clearly makes payoffs to his campaign contributors. She must have hit the mother load for "falling on the sword", as WallyWeaver so eloquently put it.

CLEAN OUT WASHINGTON IN 2012! Or we'll keep getting what we always get.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

As Mr. O states the Bump's in the Road is now appearing out of control, not able to contain the Lie's!! One Lie turn into another lie to cover the First Lie and it never stops!!! RJMO

Good evening yota, tomorrow night is going to be a very interesting debate. From what I'm hearing on this whole Benghazi attack, there is no way in God's great earth that Obama and Biden could slither out of some kind of responsibility for happened to those poor men. Hillarious can take on what ever blame she seem necessary, but the hammer falls on the O'bama. He's the so called captain of the ship and he and Biden should as Hillarious did take some responsibility. IMO, Hillarious is more of a man than either the two of them. TwoCents.gif

• Upvote 5

Wouldn't doubt, she just added to her retirement fund. Obama probably just deposited some of that "stealfromus" money for another payoff. He clearly makes payoffs to his campaign contributors. She must have hit the mother load for "falling on the sword", as WallyWeaver so eloquently put it.

CLEAN OUT WASHINGTON IN 2012! Or we'll keep getting what we always get.

DinarMillionaire, couldn't of said it any better. ;)

• Upvote 1

As Mr. O states the Bump's in the Road is now appearing out of control, not able to contain the Lie's!! One Lie turn into another lie to cover the First Lie and it never stops!!! RJMO

Ahhhhhhhhh, no brakes, uhhhhhhh noooo. You crashed, do not pass go, go directly to jail or back to Kenya your choice.

Clinton did not want this to turn into a political issue. Hhahahahahah. Really. As we call your name, please come up...... Hillarious............ Barry.............. Harry.

I wish we could pull a Sudam. That is call up all the people in the theater one at a time and they were never seen from again.

Sadly as the leaders of the free world, it sickens me O and Joe, did not step up. Actually although Hillarious has some responsiblity. O and Joe is where the buck stops. Shame on them!!! They are not fit to hold either office. What kind of men do not step up and have a woman take the hit!!!

How interesting...The buck stops at Hilllary <_< ....Nope, sorry, not buying it.

Is She and the State Dept now autonomous?

All decisions made by the Sec of State with no consultation, guidance or policy

from the Administration?...Still not buying it.

Hilllary does in fact have a great deal of responsibility, but I call Bullsquat that

O'blah is out of this loop.

Good call on your part WallyWeaver....What is the payoff for Clinton?

• Upvote 3

Sadly as the leaders of the free world, it sickens me O and Joe, did not step up. Actually although Hillarious has some responsiblity. O and Joe is where the buck stops. Shame on them!!! They are not fit to hold either office. What kind of men do not step up and have a woman take the hit!!!

Obama would be one of them you ask about .His back is broke from bowing all over the world .. hmm ,not sure one could even call him a man :peace::D

• Upvote 1