Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You must delete the zeros early 2013

MrFnHappy

MP for mass citizen Abdul-Hussein Abtan: You must delete the zeros early 2013 and postponed to 2014 is incorrect

10/06/2012 - 1:00 pm | Hits: 83

A member of the Economic Committee MP Abdul Hussein Abtan, the Iraqi market needs to project the deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency early (2013) to save the country from greater economic inflation, stressing: that the postponement of the project (2014) will hurt the country's economy.

Said Abtan told the independent press (Iba): It is necessary to move from currency zeros that increase of the mass of financial and makes them an easy way to steal and loss to currency more sophisticated, adding: that the project to delete the zeros is a message to the civilized world that Iraq's economy is improving day after day.

He added: that the project to delete the zeros will not lead to the collapse of the currency, but will make it safer from theft and less cash in mass commercialization.

He explained: that inflation is increasing continuously in Iraq because of the increased money supply for the lack of scarcity of goods and higher prices as a result of the closure of border crossings with Syria and stop the import of materials and goods to Iraq

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_171758.html

• Upvote 4

Well we all pretty well know why an RD would be the reasonable thing to do. We also know the longer they wait inflation may get out of hand and it would be too late to RD. There is also a risk to an RD, if they are going to do it 2013 would be the time and let the dust settle before the 2014 elections. However they have by passed better opportunities to RD in the past, I am not sure what was really stopping them. Thanks for the article MrFnHappy.

• Upvote 2

Thanks MrFnHappy.

I have not heard any news regarding the printing of the new notes lately. It's just kind of slipped away. Surely the CBI would have this listed on it's news and announcement page.

We were told that several different Printing companies would be used to print the new notes and coin. But no specifics ever given. Not enough time left to get this done by Jan 2013 IMO

Makes me wonder what those De la Rue machines truly were that they purchased. The general consensus is that they are verifying and counting machines.

But who knows maybe a couple of printing machines under the radar.?

Thanks MrFnHappy.

I have not heard any news regarding the printing of the new notes lately. It's just kind of slipped away. Surely the CBI would have this listed on it's news and announcement page.

We were told that several different Printing companies would be used to print the new notes and coin. But no specifics ever given. Not enough time left to get this done by Jan 2013 IMO

Makes me wonder what those De la Rue machines truly were that they purchased. The general consensus is that they are verifying and counting machines.

But who knows maybe a couple of printing machines under the radar.?

I have to agree. No more articles as of late on printing of new notes. Of course tomorrow is another day. Imo, this has been scraped for the time being. The CBI has actually noted this is where they

are at. Who knows what the De la Rue machines are about, probably future plan, down the road. I think for the time being the plan has been scraped. I do think it is possible the currency RD articles is hoping to gain support from the masses, propaganda so to speak. Anyway it is not moving and there is a reason behind this I suspect.

"Said Abtan told the independent press (Iba): It is necessary to move from currency zeros that increase of the mass of financial and makes them an easy way to steal and loss to currency more sophisticated, adding: that the project to delete the zeros is a message to the civilized world that Iraq's economy is improving day after day."

You got to be kidding me blink.gifhuh.gifunsure.gif .....so you post what appears to be an Iraqi liberal stating that by simply deleting the zeros all their currency problems will be fixed huh.gifblink.gifunsure.gif ....I hope you are smarter than that come November wink.gif

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Do you really think CBI will say we are printing new money and its coming in today on flight ? and well bring it down Iraq Blvd at 3pm... they will never say we have or are printing money or when its coming in..this is Iraq after all. this will be done under the rader.. may already be printed.. Iraq lies alot.. thursday they said they can not remove the 3 zeros in 2013 know they say they have to.. thats a 180 in the past 2 days..

You got to be kidding me blink.gifhuh.gifunsure.gif .....so you post what appears to be an Iraqi liberal stating that by simply deleting the zeros all their currency problems will be fixed huh.gifblink.gifunsure.gif ....I hope you are smarter than that come November wink.gif

Hey, long time no speak. As usual, you've left another snide remark in response to one of my posts, but I digress...

I guess you didn't notice that I personally left no comment on the article. I simply posted news that I thought relevant, since it's coming from "A member of the Economic Committee MP Abdul Hussein Abtan". And while he may, or may not be a "liberal", he is a member of the very same committee that is holding up the redenomination that everyone here doesn't want to happen. Perhaps next time, you might contribute something relevant to the thread. :unsure:

Edited by MrFnHappy
  • Upvote 4