Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. Soldiers Urged Not to Shoot Taliban at Night

krome2ez

U.S. Soldiers Urged Not to Shoot Taliban at Night so Locals Can Sleep

by AWR Hawkins 5 Oct 2012

afghan-soldier-300x224.jpg

Reports indicate U.S. soldiers and British Royal Marines have been urged to show "courageous constraint" by not shooting Taliban members spotted planting IEDs.

The reason? Shooting them might disturb the locals.

This news comes out on the heels of an investigation into the death of Royal Marine Sergeant Peter Rayner, whom witnesses say watched the Taliban plant IEDs at night but was ordered not to engage them. Families of other soldiers and Royal Marines are telling stories of how their loved ones were not allowed to use mortars or night illumination when they came across Taliban members in an area full of IEDs.

The reason given was that "the sound of shooting 'might wake up and upset the locals.'"

This is not "courageous restraint" -- this is appeasement.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/05/U-S-Soldiers-Urged-Not-To-Shoot-Taliban-At-Night-So-Locals-Can-Sleep

Are you frigg'n kidding me!! :angry:

• Upvote 1

You guys get so hyped up without knowing whether true or not. You don't even ask who would have requested. You just assume someone from the U.S.

This is right wing until proven otherwise!

Does it matter which "wing" it came from? :blink:

This is stupid no matter who issued the orders, period!! :angry:

Signed,

Yous guys.

Forget about it. ;)

• Upvote 1

Does it matter which "wing" it came from? :blink:

This is stupid no matter who issued the orders, period!! :angry:

Signed,

Yous guys.

Forget about it. ;)

When I say right wing I mean it's a great possibility of being all lies.

Search shows only blog types, nothing credible!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Ohhhh.

Cause only the "right wing" lies, huh?

Did you over-dose on the kool-aid, or what?

No man, it's a general perception that the right wingers are deceptive and exclaim dishonesty toward everyone not onboard with the reps. So I think we should get in the habit of just calling you guys uneducated liars; we've been too nice buddy.

Your comments remind me of some your post!! :lol:

Yota, I have no respect for your deranged comments. There's no rationalities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

When I say right wing I mean it's a great possibility of being all lies.

Search shows only blog types, nothing credible!

The only suggestion of this being from the right is the possibility that it’s a lie. Because this is the exact type of leftist liberal lunacy policies that you losers support.

• Upvote 2

No man, it's a general perception that the right wingers are deceptive and exclaim dishonesty toward everyone not onboard with the reps. So I think we should get in the habit of just calling you guys uneducated liars; we've been too nice buddy.

Yota, I have no respect for your deranged comments. There's no rationalities.

You guys :lol: uneducated!! I doubt that!! Response to your last sentence, you sound like Mr. O the day after the Debate!! When he should have stood up during the debate!!

• Upvote 1

Since simple does not believe the article on breitbart, perhaps this one will be a little more convincing - especially since a soldier died as a result!

The Daily Mail

Soldiers ordered not to shoot Taliban as they plant mines... 'because it WAKES UP locals'

Soldiers were ordered not to open fire on Taliban fighters planting mines in case they disturb local people, it has been claimed.

U.S. military chiefs ordered troops to exercise 'courageous constraint' and even warned them they could be charged with murder if they shot any Taliban without permission from above.

The claims were made by a former Royal Marine who spoke out following the inquest into the death of Sergeant Peter Rayner last week.

The rest of the article can be read at the above link.

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 2

Last I heard the Taliban is our enemy. Having a son in the military, I would want him to deal with our enemies rather than himself be snuffed out when it get "light" outside. Ridiculous!

It is ridiculous George. What you need to do is send your son a crossbow. Just in case he ever runs in to this stupidity

Nice and quiet . Wont wake the locals

Since simple does not believe the article on breitbart, perhaps this one will be a little more convincing - especially since a soldier died as a result!

The Daily Mail

Soldiers ordered not to shoot Taliban as they plant mines... 'because it WAKES UP locals'

Soldiers were ordered not to open fire on Taliban fighters planting mines in case they disturb local people, it has been claimed.

U.S. military chiefs ordered troops to exercise 'courageous constraint' and even warned them they could be charged with murder if they shot any Taliban without permission from above.

The claims were made by a former Royal Marine who spoke out following the inquest into the death of Sergeant Peter Rayner last week.

The rest of the article can be read at the above link.

:rocking-chair:

Rules of engagement is one thing that endangers the lives of military personnel and others. Fabricated stories of waking up locals is another.

That article did NOT state any commands from a higher military source regarding locals. It is about rules of engagement and personal or sarcastic reflections from soldiers.

You guys :lol: uneducated!! I doubt that!! Response to your last sentence, you sound like Mr. O the day after the Debate!! When he should have stood up during the debate!!

Yota, you have no idea of education; I tend to believe Obama will be the last man standing. Romney is making himself dizzy spinning the roulett of BS. You have to know he's making this shxt up each week. It'll catch up in daily Democratic ads, news reporters and on the stump.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1