Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rate and Date

coolbeans

This is what I have read--to "take something with a grain of salt" refers to a time when salt was a highly valued commodity, difficult to obtain since people had to travel long distances and haul it back home, and also before refrigeration, so if food was beginning to taste a little rancid, it was a bit more palatable and easier to get down if they could use a prized grain of salt on it. So the term means that whatever one is saying is slightly off, and it would be easier to swallow if it had a touch of something that made it a bit more palatable, such as that prized grain of salt.

Thanks Francie...so often we say things but we don't necessarily know the root of the meaning, and that can sometimes get us in trouble! wink.gif

9 freakin' years.... Sublime.....

I just hope for you umbertino that it will make it that much more memorable when it does happen!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 1

I just hope for you umbertino that it will make it that much more memorable when it does happen!!! Posted Image

End Quote

Rod...Thanks.... That's kind of you to say and it's appreciated... I really want to believe / hope it will happen for all of us.

Life is made up of struggles as we all know Umbertino. My wife and I wanted to have kids... we struggled for 10 years... then finally one day we got "the call" and our adoption was complete. I can say from personal experience, when you wait and wait for a dream to come true... and then "finally" you get to hold it in your hands.... it's not only the greatest feeling in the world, it also somehow erases all the years of waiting like they were nothing. That's hard to explain, but you will see... when this thing finally "pops" it will all be worth it. Take care my friend!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 5

Life is made up of struggles as we all know Umbertino. My wife and I wanted to have kids... we struggled for 10 years... then finally one day we got "the call" and our adoption was complete. I can say from personal experience, when you wait and wait for a dream to come true... and then "finally" you get to hold it in your hands.... it's not only the greatest feeling in the world, it also somehow erases all the years of waiting like they were nothing. That's hard to explain, but you will see... when this thing finally "pops" it will all be worth it. Take care my friend!!! wink.gif

Rod... I do understand and can certainly relate ( not on the adoption proper but about that special feeling)...

I totally agree.

Take care my good Friend. Wish you and all here on Forum the Best.

• Upvote 1

It's always two more weeks.....two more weeks never gets here :(

I remember when he left DV, because he was winding down to get ready for the RV...geez, I think that was late 2010, wasn't it? :D

It Matches My Eye .....

:D:D:D

Thug, it has been my experience that men (and clowns) that make fun of their appearance are probably very good looking men.... :D

• Upvote 2

Just got my teeth cleaned (below the gum line) had a root canal and had it topped with a gold crown. $150 US. Couldnt make an appointment in the states for that.

I see.....Interesting... So that's the Thai price...Here in Italy many folks go to Eastern Europe ( mainly to ex Yugoslavia Countries like Slovenia , Croatia etc cos they're close to the Italian border).....

Also very popular destinations for less expensive dental work are Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and last but not least...Cuba.

Edited by umbertino

I see.....Interesting... So that's the Thai price...Here in Italy many folks go to Eastern Europe ( mainly to ex Yugoslavia Countries like Slovenia , Croatia etc cos they're close to the Italian border).....

Also very popular destinations for less expensive dental work are Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and last but not least...Cuba.

True, just rememebr you get what you pay for. Dental work in the U.S is very expensive. I'd say the cheapest way to go is to pull out all your teeth if they are bad and needing several root canals and crowns. I have had extensive dental work throughout the years an thank god its over and paid alot of money out for root canals and crowns. I think back and realized how much money i gave up because i didnt floss like i was supposed to when younger plus gum disease runs in my family. So i think it would have been easier to just get them all pulled and get mini implants with fixed denture no one would have known but glad i still have all my teeth but rememebr your gums are very very important to keep clean and floss get them treated immediately if you havent done so, deep cleanings are good because they get deep down in your gum line where bacteria resides which deteriorate enamel from the teeth and cause sickeness but hurt like hell sometimes.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

True, just rememebr you get what you pay for. Dental work in the U.S is very expensive. I'd say the cheapest way to go is to pull out all your teeth if they are bad and needing several root canals and crowns. I have had extensive dental work throughout the years an thank god its over and paid alot of money out for root canals and crowns. I think back and realized how much money i gave up because i didnt floss like i was supposed to when younger plus gum disease runs in my family. So i think it would have been easier to just get them all pulled and get mini implants with fixed denture no one would have known but glad i still have all my teeth but rememebr your gums are very very important to keep clean and floss get them treated immediately if you havent done so, deep cleanings are good because they get deep down in your gum line where bacteria resides which deteriorate enamel from the teeth and cause sickeness but hurt like hell sometimes.

Easy.... I know. I'm not going over there... You don't mess around with tooth issues.. I'm sure many dentists out there are fabulous but if something happens all of a sudden I surely wouldn't want to drive my car for hours and hours to get to my dentist out there. Here they wouldn't treat you knowing the main work had been done somewhere else ( and local dentists are also bugged a lot for this loss of clients anyway...but won't lower prices)

I got treated in Cuba once ( I was already there btw......it is my 2nd wife's Country) and it was a good experience, I must say.. True that ( in 1998 or 1999) their tools and machineries were obsolete to say the least.

Prices were ridiculously low...

I've been told that nowadays they have ultra-modern machineries and all .....And many foreigners book a trip to Havana to get a full treatment. But Cuba is a foreigners medical haven for lots of illnesses anyway. ( teeth, sight, etc)

Right now I'm using much of my "rainy days" money to cover my dental expenses which are very high......I don't even know the full price as of yet since it's a work in progress.. But I have a vague idea anyway.....Should be in the range of 20,000-25,000 Euros, should it go as planned with no incidents or surprises on the road... Let's hope.

And Easy.. I obviously fully agree on keeping teeth and gums clean..... I will have to get a big number of teeth removed and then they will be reconstructed ( but not on a high-end budget....I'll have to get content with what my money can buy.....Unless...It rv's....lol)

Edited by umbertino

• 2 weeks later...

Well...................what's happening with Phoenix's planetary psychic dude prediction?

True that...I was thinking that myself today. Best I put them all back up and don't think of it; it is going to happen when it happens. I'll check in here and there but spending hours on here will never get me the date or rate...though it's fun. But really, as we have all seen, nothing happening anytime soon...I don't think :( I pray I am wrong and Ill stay positive but I'll just put em' up and continue on as if I don't own any and if and when it pops, well...now that will be a he'll of a party! The bigger fun might come in watching the indictments of the Iraqi dinar fraudsters going down. B) The pumpers...the Okie kind. Oh, his day is coming to. I'd bet all my dinar on it! :lol: