Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Coins, coins, coins!

rsskelton

I posted this in the rumor section because I really didn't know where to put it. It is actually more of a question. This video was taken yesterday on Iraqi TV. Skip all the other junk and go straight to the 40 min mark. Your gonna see a boatload of coins. Just prior it is showing USD and US quarters. These coins however appear to be something else. I am no authority on Iraqi money ( meaning old or new) but I am curious if any of you " smart guy's or gal's" out there can tell anything about these coins. A friend told me it looked like a one Euro coin, but since I really don't know about the Euro either, I'm throwing this ball in the DV members court.

This is a news report and the lady is speaking while this is going on, but since my Arabic is a bit rusty ( as in non- existant) I have no clue what she is saying. May be nothing to this....probably isn't, but check it out ( right at the 40 min mark and lasting for 10-15 secs). If any of you can tell me what it is (yeah, I know it's coins) but WHAT coins? Info appreciated.

RSS

Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SHQPEsXbkps

• Upvote 6

Interesting video, thanks for posting. I did a print screen, took it into photoshop to zoom and sharpen. They APPEAR to be the new Iraq 100 Dinar coins (design and color). So I also compared to some for sale on eBay. Close match but the video is so soft, can't say I'm 100% positive. Interesting to hear what your contact responds. Lets get em out on the street and get that rate going.

• Upvote 1

Interesting video, thanks for posting. I did a print screen, took it into photoshop to zoom and sharpen. They APPEAR to be the new Iraq 100 Dinar coins (design and color). So I also compared to some for sale on eBay. Close match but the video is so soft, can't say I'm 100% positive. Interesting to hear what your contact responds. Lets get em out on the street and get that rate going.

UPDATE: After further review (no replacement officials here!) it DOES appear the coins are 1 EURO as you get a quick peek at one 40:03 into the video that matches coin sets on internet. Oh well. Would still like to know what the reporter is saying. Old school news room though....note cards instead of teleprompter. And I couldn't take my eyes off the caked on lipstick. Ala 90's Tammy Faye Bakker. Yikes.

:lol:

• Upvote 2

Old school news room though....note cards instead of teleprompter. And I couldn't take my eyes off the caked on lipstick. Ala 90's Tammy Faye Bakker. Yikes.

:lol:

A Newscaster In Heavy Makeup ! :o That Sounds Totally Legit To Me .....

:D:D:D

• Upvote 4

I don't think it is a 1 Euro coin. The 1 Euro coin has a goldish/copperish band around the outside of it. If in fact that is a new IQD coin, we are closer to the end of our roller coaster adventure.

Euro Coins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2_euro_coins.JPG

http://dph1701.tripod.com/50quarters/europe.html

Edited by GhostDawg
  • Upvote 2

I don't think it is a 1 Euro coin. The 1 Euro coin has a goldish/copperish band around the outside of it. If in fact that is a new IQD coin, we are closer to the end of our roller coaster adventure.

Euro Coins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2_euro_coins.JPG

http://dph1701.tripod.com/50quarters/europe.html

I'm glad you posted the link....this has been bugging me trying to figure out what they truly are. With that said....your top link did in fact answer. On the video forwarding to the time 40:01 you can get a good view of at least one coin that to me clearly looks like the "National side Netherlands" coin. Looks like mountains on top of coin with writing below.....same as coin in video.

If you look at 39:59 you can see what looks to me printing plates. and then a few seconds later coins in goldish color comng out of a hopper. The coins look like they have a 1 one one side and mountains on the other side. If you ask me I believe they are new 1 dinar coins that are set to be released very soon. I am not new, just recently purchased dinar and finally joined here.

There is no such thing as a US penny. only in england do they have pennies

Here they are US cents. You should see the size of that penny its the size of

a fifty cent piece. Makes you wonder why we call them pennies?

I am a avid collector of coins and that new coin has to be the new Iraqi coins

It doesnt match any coin in my new international coin book.

And GO RV YEAH!!!!!

Thanks for the post RSS.+1 for ya.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you posted the link....this has been bugging me trying to figure out what they truly are. With that said....your top link did in fact answer. On the video forwarding to the time 40:01 you can get a good view of at least one coin that to me clearly looks like the "National side Netherlands" coin. Looks like mountains on top of coin with writing below.....same as coin in video.

Yup looks like Euro

post-10600-134872203793_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fairly certain they are Euro. On the screenshot, look at the other BIG coin to the left of the Netherlands one and compare it to the 1 Euro photo I attached. Identical. Did you ever get an interpretation from your translator? Would be interesting as to the "focus" of the news story.