Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*Breaking News* Obama Addressing The UN Assembly

supergirl

« Breaking News »

Obama to UN: Anti-Islam video crude and disgusting

DEBKAfile September 25, 2012, 4:43 PM (GMT+02:00)

Addressing the UN General Assembly, US President Barack Obama denied the US government had anything to do with the anti-Muslim video which he called crude, disgusting and insulting. But no video can justify mindless violence against innocence and attacks on an embassy. He pledged to be relentless in bringing the killers of US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others to justice. The US president declared that the assaults on America were against UN values. In an interdependent world we all have a stake in security. We will stand by our allies, he pledged. On the changes in Arab countries, he said ultimately they will all have government by the people and for the people. The future must not belong to the extremists – or those who deny the Holocaust. Among Israelis and Palestinians, the future cannot belong to those who turn their backs on peace.

http://www.debka.com/newsupdatepopup/2373/

• Upvote 1

I watched/listened to the live version of his entire speech........... IMO it was a very impressive presentation, a strong message from the USA to the world, firm, and to the point. He covered a lot of ground.........I was highly impressed with the message(s) the content, and of course the delivery was, as usual, very elequent. I am not anywhere close to being a supporter of Mr. O, but after hearing such a strong message........IF Obama will ultimately "walk-the-walk" AND "talk-the-talk" regards elements of his message then his "respect meter" will surely go thru the roof as a positive !! Talking from both sides of one's mouth is not good.

Seems to me that If Maliki (and others in Iraq) will emulate/adopt at least the spirit of Obama's message they would have a better world.....if in fact they even listened, then more power to the Iraqi leaders, their people and their children, and children's children etc.

Ya, I know, democracy is unfortunately subservient to a lot of things and issues in the Middle East. Iraq is no exception.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I watched/listened to the live version of his entire speech........... IMO it was a very impressive presentation, a strong message from the USA to the world, firm, and to the point. He covered a lot of ground.........I was highly impressed with the message(s) the content, and of course the delivery was, as usual, very elequent. I am not anywhere close to being a supporter of Mr. O, but after hearing such a strong message........IF Obama will ultimately "walk-the-walk" AND "talk-the-talk" regards elements of his message then his "respect meter" will surely go thru the roof as a positive !! Talking from both sides of one's mouth is not good.

Seems to me that If Maliki (and others in Iraq) will emulate/adopt at least the spirit of Obama's message they would have a better world.....if in fact they even listened, then more power to the Iraqi leaders, their people and their children, and children's children etc.

Ya, I know, democracy is unfortunately subservient to a lot of things and issues in the Middle East. Iraq is no exception.

Even if he were to step down and finally acknowledge he doesn't know what he's been doing all these years , stands on his head and spits nickles this man will never have any respect for me.The will of the people was greatly ignored in the beginning of his term in office and he chose to turn a deaf ear to the will of the people.Come Nov it is with great pleasure to me to be able to cast my vote against this idiot to send him packing and back to whence he came from.I can't speak for the rest of the nation , but do know I won't be the only one smiling when I vote.

• Upvote 2

Even if he were to step down and finally acknowledge he doesn't know what he's been doing all these years , stands on his head and spits nickles this man will never have any respect for me.The will of the people was greatly ignored in the beginning of his term in office and he chose to turn a deaf ear to the will of the people.Come Nov it is with great pleasure to me to be able to cast my vote against this idiot to send him packing and back to whence he came from.I can't speak for the rest of the nation , but do know I won't be the only one smiling when I vote.

It really dosen't matter who is in office.

Clinton, Bush, now Obama.

Clinton started the mess with the housing.

Bush started two wars.

Obama with health care reform

They have cost this country a lot.

• Upvote 2

It really dosen't matter who is in office.

Clinton, Bush, now Obama.

Clinton started the mess with the housing.

Bush started two wars.

Obama with health care reform

They have cost this country a lot.

You are correct in this .However I reckon he won't be happy if he is only allowed four years versus eight to really do some damage.My only worry is they seem to be getting dumber as the years go by and more brazen in their agendas.Sometime ,somewhere they need to get the message that the people's choice outweighs and outnumbers theirs.

• Upvote 2

You are correct in this .However I reckon he won't be happy if he is only allowed four years versus eight to really do some damage.My only worry is they seem to be getting dumber as the years go by and more brazen in their agendas.Sometime ,somewhere they need to get the message that the people's choice outweighs and outnumbers theirs.

The people's choice is what is really about.

Sad to say that it is gone, all about big business now, and who can pay more money.

• Upvote 1

The people's choice is what is really about.

Sad to say that it is gone, all about big business now, and who can pay more money.

Still the people's choice, just divided on how to voice their opinions and concerns.I venture to say if we all didn't pay our taxes in unison just once, we might finally have their attention. :D

• Upvote 1