Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama: I'm 'eye candy' for women of 'The View'

yota691

Obama: I'm 'eye candy' for women of 'The View'

obama-ocean-ap-229x300.jpg

Comments (233) By JOSH GERSTEIN | 9/24/12 7:00 PM EDT

NEW YORK—President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama bantered playfully and held hands Monday during a taping of the female-oriented talk show, "The View," giving no indication of second thoughts about the appearance despite criticism that the president was blowing off international diplomacy in order to take part in the often-fluffy daytime gabfest.

"I told folks I'm just supposed to be eye candy here for you guys," President Obama said during a back-and-forth about him being the only man on the program. The show's five co-hosts are women.

The first lady played along by letting the audience in—just a tad—on their relationship and even some of their marital spats.

"He's very loving, he's very giving. He's very open. He's funny; I'm funnier," Mrs. Obama said when asked to describe her husband's personality.

Asked whether her husband ever gets angry, she replied: "Yeah, yeah, he does. I can make him mad -- any number of ways."

"By being thoroughly unreasonable," the president jumped in, smiling, according to a pool report.

The Obamas also talked about their 20th wedding anniversary falling on Oct. 3—the night of the first presidential debate. President Obama said the couple will celebrate the following Saturday.

"I like lavishing her with all kinds of attention when she deserves it, and she always deserves it," the president said.

President Obama also said the couple's daughters, Malia and Sasha, are becoming more independent and no longer seem eager to hang out with their father.

"They're now at the point where, they still love their daddy, but they come in [to visit him] strategically. They're not being surly or anything," Obama said, while adding that the children now pay about a five-minute visit and then take off.

"The View" program the Obamas taped Monday is set to air Tuesday, taking the first couple in front of a politically-coveted heavily-female audience six weeks before the November election.

Read more about: Michelle Obama, 2012 Presidential Campaign, The View http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/09/obama-im-eye-candy-for-women-of-the-view-136561.html?hp=f2

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 12

OMG....my husband hangs curtains for me....is he g a y?? Absolutely NOT. He also pull our kids in a bike cart....still not g a y or even worthless. Yet he can use a chainsaw and clear brush. He is a 28 yr veteran of our armed forces...in fact a CSM in the Army. When he is not doing that he is a Lt in the fire department. Still not g a y. I am NOT an Obama fan or even anything close to it but it sure seems that things that are normal family functions become a negative and instead they should be a positive for men because they care enough to be a family man.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Yota, I don't know why you got 3 negs for posting this. You didn't write the article. Come on people. Lighten up. :unsure:

I gave you a plus, maybe a couple more people can give you one to even you out.

This dinar ride is getting on everyone's nerves but there is no need to take it out on the posters.

• Upvote 2

OMG....my husband hangs curtains for me....is he g a y?? Absolutely NOT. He also pull our kids in a bike cart....still not g a y or even worthless. Yet he can use a chainsaw and clear brush. He is a 28 yr veteran of our armed forces...in fact a CSM in the Army. When he is not doing that he is a Lt in the fire department. Still not g a y. I am NOT an Obama fan or even anything close to it but it sure seems that things that are normal family functions become a negative and instead they should be a positive for men because they care enough to be a family man.

FlintNPebbles, You completely missed the underlying issue. I'll bet there's never been a question as to your husbands masculinity. Yes, real men do hang curtains. But, when questions arise such as surround Obama, like gays admitting that Obama frequently visited gaybathhouses in Chicago or that 3 of Obama's male lovers, from his "church", were murdered all within a six week period to keep his queeer secret from the public or any number of other questionable activities. Yea, he's gonna get hammered for being a queeer liar. There was no need for you to defend your husband, just because he hangs curtains too. I've never seen Obama do anything masculine and that's the rub. He's very feminine, as I'd be willing to bet your husband is not.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

FlintNPebbles, You completely missed the underlying issue. I'll bet there's never been a question as to your husbands masculinity. Yes, real men do hang curtains. But, when questions arise such as surround Obama, like gays admitting that Obama frequently visited gaybathhouses in Chicago or that 3 of Obama's male lovers, from his "church", were murdered all within a six week period to keep his queeer secret from the public or any number of other questionable activities. Yea, he's gonna get hammered for being a queeer liar. There was no need for you to defend your husband, just because he hangs curtains too. I've never seen Obama do anything masculine and that's the rub. He's very feminine, as I'd be willing to bet your husband is not.

Thank you...now please explain that to the nice people who negged me...wasn't standing up for Obama in any shape or form...just a little upset that what he appears to be doing are things my husband does for me all the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That would be the difference. He served his country. That thug you are defending. He does not even know which country he is defending. I see him as a defender of muslims.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That would be the difference. He served his country. That thug you are defending. He does not even know which country he is defending. I see him as a defender of muslims.

I clearly stated that I was NOT for Obama in any way or form. I was NOT defending him I was defending men who assist their families. That is ALL I was doing. You can read into that as a defense of Obama if you would like...but you would be WRONG.

• Upvote 4

Cool-aid tasting pretty good Pebb's?? Pathetic

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Cool-aid tasting pretty good Pebb's?? Pathetic

OMG did you even read what I wrote...or did you just ASSume that I was sticking up for Obama.....PATHETIC on your part. And I live in AMERICA where choice is a given right. Even if I did choose to stand up for OBAMA I have that RIGHT. My husband and my son serve in our armed forces to GIVE me that right. You have the right to choose....you do NOT have the right to call me names and try to make me less than for not having the same view as you. I read the news and I watch the news and I can make choices on my own without you accusing me of drinking KOOL-AID (that is how it is spelled().

Now go back and read what I said....I am not an Obama fan of any sort. I would not stick up for him....but I have the RIGHT to if I want without being harassed by the likes of you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No worries Flint you have some folks that post here that follow along with anything they can find that steers away from the real issues. If they were more men in our kids lives who hung curtains and spent time with the family we would not have so many of our young people being misguided. You just have to look over them because they love bashing the so called g a y/muslim president. Now do they have proof of these accusations? Probably not only opinions from Infowars, breibart or some other off the grid news sources. If you keep reading you find out he is a alien from Mars. If we focus on the unemployment, foreign policy and other issues Romney would be in the white house in 2012. But no, we tend to get off the real issues and post e rumors. When he is taking the oath again, i guess we will blame it all on the 3rd party. Pebbles, i hang curtains, do the dishes, cook and clean the house. I am not G A Y but some of these poster tend to link that to helping out around the house by giving the wife a break.

No worries Flint you have some folks that post here that follow along with anything they can find that steers away from the real issues. If they were more men in our kids lives who hung curtains and spent time with the family we would not have so many of our young people being misguided. You just have to look over them because they love bashing the so called g a y/muslim president. Now do they have proof of these accusations? Probably not only opinions from Infowars, breibart or some other off the grid news sources. If you keep reading you find out he is a alien from Mars. If we focus on the unemployment, foreign policy and other issues Romney would be in the white house in 2012. But no, we tend to get off the real issues and post e rumors. When he is taking the oath again, i guess we will blame it all on the 3rd party. Pebbles, i hang curtains, do the dishes, cook and clean the house. I am not G A Y but some of these poster tend to link that to helping out around the house by giving the wife a break.

Thank you :):)