Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fall is Hunting Season

RodandStaff

The nights are getting cooler... there has already been frost up at the in-laws in Wisconsin... the color will be coming on on the tress pretty soon... and ya'll know what that means... "Hunting Season Time"!!! biggrin.gif To many of us it's been in our heritage for generations... a way of life for many. Yes... I am a sportsman, but I eat what I bag... and when it comes to hunting... there is no "catch and release"!!! laugh.gif It's the real deal. Many of you know I have started a thread quite a while ago on "Dream Guns"... that one applies to anybody who takes the 2nd Amendment seriously and wishes to continue to protect themselves and their loved ones. This thread is taking that right to bear arms a step further... allowing you to hone your skills and bring home the bacon so to speak (sorry Cisole... but your number is gonna be up sometime between now and Vegas.. so ya just gotta deal with it buddy!!!).wink.gifwink.gif

Here are the guidelines... Anything hunting, with any legal weapon (pistol, rifle, black power rifle, re-curve bow, compound bow, or crossbow if it's legal for you)... and any legal game species of any size or even varmint's for that matter! Keep it fun, keep it somewhat light... and if ya wanna get all technical keep it somewhat brief... remember most of us just wanna know if it goes "boom" and hit's what your aiming at!!! emot-LMAO.gif I will warn you ahead of time.... some of the pictures might be a little graphic for some of you, and you'll more than likely see a bit of blood in some of the trophy kill pictures. I can't help that... it's part of the hunt. You see... we hunters don't hide the fact that an animal gives up it's life for our ability to enjoy harvesting the meat... and no, they don't come prepackaged in nice plastic wrap either.

And of course ya'll probably know by now... if I'm involved in a thread I'm gonna have to poke some fun at ourselves... so if I offend some of you more serious types... sorry ahead of time... but ya'll are just gonna have to learn to lighten up a little bit and deal with it!!! rolleyes.gif So what better way to start off than with a little teaser for deer season...

555530_439112659437121_612637364_n.jpg... Johnny 's parent's wondered why he lost interest in jumping on his trampoline!!!blink.gif

404092_422819441066443_390225210_n.jpg...I sure hope the deer can read this!!!rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 7

This guy shot a nice elk in N. Dakota, took his picture on a timer, and about had

a heart attack when he downloaded it the next morning.

I would say that is one lucky hunter... twice over!!! blink.gif

385033_348501495164905_473181424_n.jpg

298787_299209380094117_264151862_n.jpgunsure.gif

Speaking of bringing home the Cisole!!! rolleyes.gif

378735_514194061928980_1841161217_n.jpg

Someone who might be good in a big White House!!! wink.gif

199016_508595785822141_132469952_n.jpg

• Upvote 8

So Rod,

Let me start out by saying I'm NOT a hunter. The reason is quite simple. My family won't eat game. And I won't kill it if it isn't eaten. This is the same family that won't eat fish (guess what else I don't do anymore) or green vegatables (thank God I'm not a farmer or avid gardener). How did I ever become related to these people? It must be that other adult-influence in this family. ("Yes, Dear. I'm typing on the computer right now. I'll to the grocery for you in a minute.") Anyone who cares can easily understand that natural-fed, hormone-free meat is much better for you in a healthy diet. But I digress...

I have no first hand stories or pictures to share but I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you to defend your right to hunt. And I look forward to an entertaining thread.

But right now I have to go hunt down a good steak for dinner tonight.

1c8de_400deer_decoration.jpg

• Upvote 3

Here in Washington Pierce and King counties run the State. The liberals voted a few years back to ban the use of dogs to hunt cougars. It was not long until the cougars started eatting FeeFee in the backyards of the upper neighborhoods. I loved it when the upper crust was asking the good ole boys to hunt the cougars that just ate their priceless mutts. LESSON TO LIBERALS...IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE VOTING ON, DO NOT VOTE!!

• Upvote 4

Here in Washington Pierce and King counties run the State. The liberals voted a few years back to ban the use of dogs to hunt cougars. It was not long until the cougars started eatting FeeFee in the backyards of the upper neighborhoods. I loved it when the upper crust was asking the good ole boys to hunt the cougars that just ate their priceless mutts. LESSON TO LIBERALS...IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE VOTING ON, DO NOT VOTE!!

So true desimo... you get people that don't know a thing about wildlife and yet they want to protect predators at all costs... until they start hunting down their beloved pet, or worse... their family members. Your last line however... well, not to make this a political thread but you've nailed it right there... they don't want folks to have guns... I guess that means they just shouldn't vote then cause it seems they are out of touch with reality on so many issues... the right to bear arms being just one of them!!! huh.gif

• Upvote 2

Great Thread Rod. Squirrel & cottontail season just opened here in michigan on the 15th. Its a great way to get ready for the deer season and just a good excuse to be in the woods again. Looking forward to sitting down to some squrrel gravy and mashed potato`s.

22 rim fire with a good scope Head shots only

• Upvote 2

Great post bud. The leaves are changing here, acorns have dropped, had a frost already, bow season opens up this weekend. I can hardly wait, my kids and I all hunt, my wife loves to come along but doesn't actually like to shoot so we have a filmer LOL. You can smell it in the air, it's time to fill the freezer!! :D

• Upvote 2

Great post bud. The leaves are changing here, acorns have dropped, had a frost already, bow season opens up this weekend. I can hardly wait, my kids and I all hunt, my wife loves to come along but doesn't actually like to shoot so we have a filmer LOL. You can smell it in the air, it's time to fill the freezer!! :D

You make a very good point DiveDeepSix... hunting in many parts of the country is a family affair... a heritage passed down from generation to generation... what better way to enjoy one another's company than in the great outdoors doing something productive and bonding like hunting. I am sure your not alone in that department. Thanks for chiming in! wink.gif

I have never had the privilege of a "High Mountain Hunt"... but if it's anything like climbing/hiking and then blending in my love for hunting... I guess I'll just have to schedule me one of those hunts post RV!!! This one's from New Zealand!biggrin.gif

285662_378509968880131_797668612_n.jpg

601178_378510012213460_1833026131_n.jpg

581250_378510108880117_1761097265_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Dropped this monster last year, near Denali Park.

Freezer is still half full!!! biggrin.gif

Wow, congrats man, that's an excellent bull!

You make a very good point DiveDeepSix... hunting in many parts of the country is a family affair... a heritage passed down from generation to generation... what better way to enjoy one another's company than in the great outdoors doing something productive and bonding like hunting. I am sure your not alone in that department. Thanks for chiming in! wink.gif

I have never had the privilege of a "High Mountain Hunt"... but if it's anything like climbing/hiking and then blending in my love for hunting... I guess I'll just have to schedule me one of those hunts post RV!!! This one's from New Zealand!biggrin.gif

285662_378509968880131_797668612_n.jpg

601178_378510012213460_1833026131_n.jpg

581250_378510108880117_1761097265_n.jpg

Also on my post RV to do list, but I'm thinking of spending the extra money to have a chopper bring me in and pick me up. No mountain climbing for this dude!! :D

• Upvote 3

Dropped this monster last year, near Denali Park.

Freezer is still half full!!! biggrin.gif

That is Awwweeesome Timberwolf... I'm sure you've gotten enough satisfaction on your own... but congratulations anyway!!! wink.gif

Also on my post RV to do list, but I'm thinking of spending the extra money to have a chopper bring me in and pick me up. No mountain climbing for this dude!! :D

That's a great idea DiveDeepSix... just show's I gotta stop thinking "broke" all the time!!! wink.gif

Maybe it's the cavewoman in me, but there's not much that's sexier than a man that hunts! :wub:

O.K. guys... you heard it from Snotrocket... we ain't just bringing home the bacon... we's sexy now too!!! Awe shucks!!!blush.gif

Quite truthfully Snotrocket... I feel the same way about my wife when she's out in the garden gettin her hands dirty so she can help feed our family ... oh yeah!!! eyebrows.gif

• Upvote 4

MEAT IS MURDER

TASTY, TASTY MURDER :D

I believe that makes you part of PETA group!!! wink.gif

people_eat_tasty_animals_tshirt.jpg?height=250&width=250&padToSquare=trueeyebrows.gif

I know some of you Texans like to brag how everything in Texas is big. But as you can see our squirrel's here in Mich can get to be pretty good size.

I doeno Dog... if'n I was going up against such big game... I would want a bigger gun!!! unsure.gif

394690_10151032882789371_1935264981_n.jpg

I'll be counting deer in my sleep tonight!!! rolleyes.gif

0001-1122.jpg

Hmmm... choices, choices??? emot-eek.gif

0001-0996.jpg

• Upvote 1

Man, I love hunting and fishing. Many years ago my dad had a high school friend who was an outfitter up in Alaska. He invited us several times to come up and hunt moose, bear, & caribou all we had to do was pay for the plane tickets to get there. Seems like we always had something lame going on every fall so we put it off and put it off year after year. Needless to say he was on the clean up crew for the Exxon spill, what most people don't know is the chemical they used to eat up the oil also got into peoples lungs, he was the worst they seen that didn't die from it, however he is no longer able to handle the Alaska climate. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

I believe he has the state record Moose and his wife the state record black bear or vice versa, I can't remember which, and I'm not sure if the records still stand, but I know one of the two was on display in a mall, I think in Anchorage. Talk about passing up the hunt of a lifetime. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Or we could be a little mule headed this year...

... whatcha think??? wink.gif

0001-1148.jpg

When President Bambam throws out the 2 Amend. by way of the United Nations what ya going to do?

I don't own a gun any more, but if you should refuse to surrender; I will stand by your side. Our right to bare arms is what has kept us FREE!

I remember years ago a retired three star General telling people to not own any registered guns... imagine a retired military man not trusting his Govt.!!! rolleyes.gif

0001-1143.jpg

0001-1145.jpg

• Upvote 1

This guy shot a nice elk in N. Dakota, took his picture on a timer, and about had

a heart attack when he downloaded it the next morning.

I would say that is one lucky hunter... twice over!!! blink.gif

385033_348501495164905_473181424_n.jpg

298787_299209380094117_264151862_n.jpgunsure.gif

Speaking of bringing home the Cisole!!! rolleyes.gif

378735_514194061928980_1841161217_n.jpg

Someone who might be good in a big White House!!! wink.gif

199016_508595785822141_132469952_n.jpg

LMAO.

I'll skip the pork. Deer and Bison meat are so much better. I'm fine with hunting as long as the meat is processed for human consumption. Trophy hunting is another story.

• Upvote 1

LMAO.

I'll skip the pork. Deer and Bison meat are so much better. I'm fine with hunting as long as the meat is processed for human consumption. Trophy hunting is another story.

Ahhh... Ski... didn't you read my caption... the bacon is Cisole... ya know we gotta give the ol' boy a hard time come RV time... we have been threatening him for a while now... kinda like if you don't drink but when you win the big one you spray Champagne all over the place!!! It's just an ceremonial thingy... ya can't let the ol' boy off the hook that easy!!! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 2