Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jesus married to Mary Magdalene

Butifldrm

Markinsa, someone negged you and I ++ it. I am a Christian, but evidently not a good poster. The normal browser I use to post I can not access right now, because of technical problems going on in the the net, so my opinion looked like it ran into the article. I am so glad you have such a great passion for Christ, but so do I. I love the Lord and believe we are brother and sister in his eyes. I also believe as Christians we are going to be bombarded with news that will try to deter our faith. So I posted this article and my opinion of what the finding may reveal. Even the archaeologist said:Professor King did caution that this piece of paper is not evidence that Jesus was in fact married, but offers proof that there was an early dialogue on whether or not he was. Until the Vatican and other Christian leaders weigh in, Catholics will remain in limbo with further questions. When the Church does offer a response to the parchment claiming Jesus was married to His disciple, Mary Magdalene, this Examiner will have the story here, but for the devout, the answer will be irrelevant.

I replied to this earlier, but somehow I must have hit the wrong button... So let me join you in the not a very good poster department. :lol: I wanted to agree with what you stated about being bombarded with news that will distract us from the truth, and I believe it is going on now, and efforts to distract us will increase as we get closer to our Lord's coming. My apologies for being rude in my previous posts.

-

• Upvote 2

Nothing in the bible was written by anyone who personally knew Jesus...

And in the first few hundreds years of Christianity there three main different versions. The Romans chose Pauline Christianity. Almost every form of Christianity nowadays is a form of Pauline Christianity.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_ch.htm

The book of Mark is regarded as the oldest of all New Testement books. It was written in 69 AD. The manner in which it was written and the flow of the text shows an intimate knowledge of Christ as transcribed therein. To suppose that the authors of the Gospel.... i.e. Mathew, Mark , Luke and John had no intimate knowledge of the person of Jesus Christ is to completely ignore thousands of years of scholarship and now conclude that what new age scholars discover today has more merit than those of the past. Are there differing versions of so called scripture that cause debate? Of course! I can find you 100's of conflicting articles and stories about the housing collapse of 2008. Depending on the source, views will differ. However, the gospel as we know it was confirmed based on it's obvious connection and agreement with the Old Testement. The New testament COMPLETES the old in a very real and unaltered way. Those books excluded from the Bible not only conflicted with the New Testement but with the Old as well.

• Upvote 8

It amazes me that the people who dispute the validity of the Bible do so on the grounds that they cannot prove the authors or the time it was written. Some of the earliest records of Jesus outside of the bible itself was in the writings of Josephus who was born in 37AD and the writings of Ireneus in the second century. These, in spite of fact that both authors are considered historically accurate on every other subject, are rejected where the Gospel is concerned because they were written after the fact. And yet now, the very people that would reject other writings of Know origin are willing to accept at face value a single scrap of papyrus written four hundred years after the fact by an unknown author. It is like saying "I don't even think He existed, but if He did, He must have married a prostitute". Everybody can believe whatever they want to, but to me it is not even important if he was married or not. It takes nothing away from who or what He was or what He did.

Roadrunner

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Upvote 4

The book of Mark is regarded as the oldest of all New Testement books. It was written in 69 AD. The manner in which it was written and the flow of the text shows an intimate knowledge of Christ as transcribed therein. To suppose that the authors of the Gospel.... i.e. Mathew, Mark , Luke and John had no intimate knowledge of the person of Jesus Christ is to completely ignore thousands of years of scholarship and now conclude that what new age scholars discover today has more merit than those of the past. Are there differing versions of so called scripture that cause debate? Of course! I can find you 100's of conflicting articles and stories about the housing collapse of 2008. Depending on the source, views will differ. However, the gospel as we know it was confirmed based on it's obvious connection and agreement with the Old Testement. The New testament COMPLETES the old in a very real and unaltered way. Those books excluded from the Bible not only conflicted with the New Testement but with the Old as well.

Congratulations, Stonewall. You get my first plus of the day.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 2

Bandit, so you believe the authors of the New Testament did not personally know Christ? That is not what I believe. I believe the authors of the New Testament knew and Loved Christ like no other. They gave their lives for him and his teachings. The old law was thrown out and the New law began. The law of Love, Grace and Mercy taught to the apostles by Christ and bestowed to us through the New Testament.

Yes, I don't think so. I could be wrong though. Up until now there are multiple different opinions of when the gospels (including those that were not included in the Bible) where written. And there are multiple opinions of who wrote them.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_ntb1b.htm

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_ntb1c.htm

It amazes me that the people who dispute the validity of the Bible do so on the grounds that they cannot prove the authors or the time it was written. Some of the earliest records of Jesus outside of the bible itself was in the writings of Josephus who was born in 37AD

When making claims it's best you post links supporting them. Just as we do in the Dinar news forum. ;) I know about Josephus and him mentioning Jesus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

and the writings of Ireneus in the second century. These, in spite of fact that both authors are considered historically accurate on every other subject, are rejected where the Gospel is concerned because they were written after the fact. And yet now, the very people that would reject other writings of Know origin are willing to accept at face value a single scrap of papyrus written four hundred years after the fact by an unknown author. It is like saying "I don't even think He existed, but if He did, He must have married a prostitute". Everybody can believe whatever they want to, but to me it is not even important if he was married or not. It takes nothing away from who or what He was or what He did.

That's generalization. Not everyone who doubts the validity of everything in the Bible think like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I negged you, because you don't understand the Gnostic Gospels aren't God Inspired, and weren't even written by anyone who knew Jesus while he was alive. Oh, and the Bride of Christ are all of his followers, aka the Christian Church.

-

Sorry, Markinsa. But you don't have the right to neg someone because their knowledge or understanding is at a different level than yours. Or even just because you have a different belief/opinion than they do. That is totally unfair. Besides, it was a decision by mere men, although clergymen, at the Council of Nicea in 323 AD to obey Pope Sylvester and the Emperor Constintine and omit the Gospel of Mary from the Bible. And then they tried to find and burn every copy of that sacred ancient text. Fortunately at least one copy escaped their burning, and now we can read it to find that Jesus scolded his male disciples for chastising Mary, saying she was his Wife, his Beloved. The pope at that time is the one who labeled Mary Magdelene is a *****. And look at what it got us, hundreds of years of abuse of women, relegating them to obscurity, and even 500 years of burning women as witches, a practice that was so common throughout Europe and Scandinavia between 1700 and 1800, that many communities throughout Europe had not a single woman remaining, and were comprised only of men by the time they finished burning or drowning women. Oh, and before I forget, Mary Magdeline knew Christ while he was alive, and her story is an important one. And it is only your "belief," not proof, that the Gnostic Gospels are not God-inspired. And did you know that in 1486, two Dominican monks in Germany wrote a book called Malleus Maleficarum, The Hammer of Witches, which was the official handbook of witch hunters and was on the bench as a guidebook of every court throughout Europe for over 500 years.

Believe what you want, Markinsa. I have no problem with that, but just don't neg someone because they have a different faith or belief or even Biblical education than yours.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Wow. So now we need links to our opinion. That’s new. A few of us are pre internet and got our education from something called books. You have probably seen them before. They are those paper things that have a lot of words and not many pictures. You have to actually turn the page manually instead of clicking next. If I were at home, I would photocopy a few pages and post them for you.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 3

The actual scriptures that you read in the bible were deemed "God Inspired" by catholics priests under, direction of a Pagan Cesar Constantinople, taking in coinsideration the beliefes and standards of their time.

We are not who to say what texts are "inspired by God", and we have no proof other then the same book claiming so, biased authors???

Even more of a reason to read these books that were removed/taken out, and that will lead us to why, and then maybe, just maybe, we'll finally have some answers to questions that many have asked, yet have received no answers.

• Upvote 4

Misinformation and disinformation began in the garden of Eden in the form of a serpent inspired by Satan, It obviously is still alive and well today. Believe what you want it is your God given right. Even God would not take that away from you. I love the Bible and it is the inspired word of God preserved and all in agreement with each other. Any book not included most likely has disinformation or misinformation and is inspired of none other than the enemy of God. Give me the OKJV every time. No adding to or taking away.

• Upvote 2

So what? Who really cares if he was married or not.

Who cares ?.lol. How about people who search for and want the "truth".

Misinformation and disinformation began in the garden of Eden in the form of a serpent inspired by Satan, It obviously is still alive and well today. Believe what you want it is your God given right. Even God would not take that away from you. I love the Bible and it is the inspired word of God preserved and all in agreement with each other. Any book not included most likely has disinformation or misinformation and is inspired of none other than the enemy of God. Give me the OKJV every time. No adding to or taking away.

Books left out most likely had dis-information ?. But your not sure, or positive so unless you've read the lost/hidden books for yourself (I have read most of them) you wouldn't know now would you ?.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, Markinsa. But you don't have the right to neg someone because their knowledge or understanding is at a different level than yours. Or even just because you have a different belief/opinion than they do. That is totally unfair. Besides, it was a decision by mere men, although clergymen, at the Council of Nicea in 323 AD to obey Pope Sylvester and the Emperor Constintine and omit the Gospel of Mary from the Bible. And then they tried to find and burn every copy of that sacred ancient text. Fortunately at least one copy escaped their burning, and now we can read it to find that Jesus scolded his male disciples for chastising Mary, saying she was his Wife, his Beloved. The pope at that time is the one who labeled Mary Magdelene is a *****. And look at what it got us, hundreds of years of abuse of women, relegating them to obscurity, and even 500 years of burning women as witches, a practice that was so common throughout Europe and Scandinavia between 1700 and 1800, that many communities throughout Europe had not a single woman remaining, and were comprised only of men by the time they finished burning or drowning women. Oh, and before I forget, Mary Magdeline knew Christ while he was alive, and her story is an important one. And it is only your "belief," not proof, that the Gnostic Gospels are not God-inspired. And did you know that in 1486, two Dominican monks in Germany wrote a book called Malleus Maleficarum, The Hammer of Witches, which was the official handbook of witch hunters and was on the bench as a guidebook of every court throughout Europe for over 500 years.

Believe what you want, Markinsa. I have no problem with that, but just don't neg someone because they have a different faith or belief or even Biblical education than yours.

I had to 1+ ya, we may differ in some opinions, but This is spot on. You go girl!!!

Even more of a reason to read these books that were removed/taken out, and that will lead us to why, and then maybe, just maybe, we'll finally have some answers to questions that many have asked, yet have received no answers.

Exactly, we have to really see what has been hidden for centuries in the name of Christ.

• Upvote 1

I believe the Bible is Divinely inspired and whatever was left out was meant to be, we have specific instructions for our salvation in the Bible and it doesn't hinge on whether Jesus was married or not, I don't believe He was.... thanks for posting butifldrm and opening dialogue on the subject, maybe someone has questions about this that can be answered here..

If you haven't read those books that were left out because it was as you put it " meant to be", than how would you know ?. You trust the so called scholars ?. Yeah okay <_<

Most likely?? So you are making an unproven point and claiming it true???

The Bible as we know it was inspired by Constantinople, to appease his dieing mother who was a converted christian, he himself remaining a pagan until he converted in his death bed.

History cannot be rewritten to fit your personal beliefs or facts, if and when its rewritten it has to be based on facts not beliefs.

If you haven't read those books that were left out because it was as you put it " meant to be", than how would you know ?. You trust the so called scholars ?. Yeah okay <_<

You are assuming I haven't read them, right? I didn't say what I have or have not read, I just said what I believed...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So let's say you did, your conclusion, or the one that you came to after reading the hidden books that were left out was "it was meant to be" lol really ?.

Really.. Besides, who has to believe MY beliefs... only me, that's why I said my beliefs and not facts.. Have a great day Joe!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really.. Besides, who has to believe MY beliefs... only me, that's why I said my beliefs and not facts.. Have a great day Joe!

This has nothing to do with your beliefs, you believe what you will. To me, you've either read the removed/ hidden/lost books or didn't, my point was that you stated that the if the removed/ hidden/ lost books were taken out that "it was meant to be", I replied/asked how do you know, unless you've read them (books in question) yourself ? You say i assumed you didn't, so I said ok let's say you did, that's your conclusion "it was meant to be" ?. The above written, was your answer. Now than thanks, I will have a good day, you do the same. :)

Mary had a Baby Girl also, is that Jesus daughter from Marriage. Mary fled to Europe !

If and if this is all true who cares he still had to do it all in Gods way with out Sin .

So another "virgin birth story".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Our Bible is God breathed..Inspired by God..The Bible is the voice of God..If God had wanted all this other stuff in His Word for our edification, He would have put it there....There is no need for me to look futher as God's word has supplied me with ALL that I need:

1. Saves

2. purifies

3. gives me food for my soul

4. gives abundant life

5. transforming power

6. justification and sanctification.

7. teaches moral ethics

8. condemns

These are just a few of the Living Word of God that He has chosen to share with us that we may come to know Him.....why would I need anything else....?????

Joekoostrip, you just want to fuse with someone about something and start an arguement. Not gonna fuss with ya.....believe what you may....but quit getting smart about your belief...and trying to mess with bama....you're not cute or funny when you start that mess......

• Upvote 1

Our Bible is God breathed..Inspired by God..The Bible is the voice of God..If God had wanted all this other stuff in His Word for our edification, He would have put it there....There is no need for me to look futher as God's word has supplied me with ALL that I need:

1. Saves

2. purifies

3. gives me food for my soul

4. gives abundant life

5. transforming power

6. justification and sanctification.

7. teaches moral ethics

8. condemns

These are just a few of the Living Word of God that He has chosen to share with us that we may come to know Him.....why would I need anything else....?????

Joekoostrip, you just want to fuse with someone about something and start an arguement. Not gonna fuss with ya.....believe what you may....but quit getting smart about your belief...and trying to mess with bama....you're not cute or funny when you start that mess......

Mind your biz or read what was posted between us 2 first,no one was trying to mess with anybody, I suggest you do that before jumping in the kool-aid and not knowing what the flavor is. Reading is fundamental, try it sometimes. smh

Mind your biz or read what was posted between us 2 first,no one was trying to mess with anybody, I suggest you do that before jumping in the kool-aid and not knowing what the flavor is. Reading is fundamental, try it sometimes. smh

Joe this is an open forum, subject to comment.. if we all 'minded our biz' there would be no conversation at all..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Joe this is an open forum, subject to comment.. if we all 'minded our biz' there would be no conversation at all..

Once again, he jumped on me because he thought i was attacking you, he should learn how to read what we were talkin'/ writting about before jumping in and attacking.

Oh btw, have a good day again.