Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WTO

SWFloridaGuy

This is from yesterday but I didn't see it in the forum. Sorry if it's a repost.

9-17-2012 WTO: Supreme National Commission held a new meeting on Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization. The National Commission on Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization examined items and topics in the context of accession to the WTO and achievements. The recommendations that came out of the meeting was obtaining the approval of the National Commission on the accession of Iraq into the WTO to send a file initial presentation of goods to the WTO and start preparing negotiating team which negotiate the file that will be formed from members of the Committee on file initial offer of goods and members National Commission on joining. The need for cooperation and coordination with the Ministry of Commerce in order to expedite the examination and updating of files required by the World Trade Organization with the need for coordination and cooperation between the National Committee member and the members of the sub-committees, especially with regard to the work of the Committee on file trade in services. The meeting recommended the need to communicate and take advantage of USAID and its affiliated projects such as trade as donors help Iraq to join the WTO and the creation of the required files. Full Article: http://www.alforatnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22022:2012-09-17-13-25-17&catid=37:2011-04-08-17-25-57&Itemid=57

• Upvote 10

WOW, this and the Un article... things are getting very exciting.......GO RV!!!~~~~ :twothumbs::woot:

Hammer,

In the 20 page UN document on the Rule of Law agenda next week. Transparency is a major requirement for member nations in regards to Human Rights. This is to help ensure that corruption in government is not undermining the peace and security goals of the UN. If DV members will take the time and read the UN document they can then ask themselves "If" Iraq is even ready for full release from Chapt 7 ? IMO they are not even close! Unless the media has been so controlled by the GOI that Iraq is much farther along than any of us know. I suppose that it is possible in order to protect the economy of Iraq from speculators, but I don't think so...IMO

This always happens with Iraq news <_<. They talk about it, but nothing really happens :angry: . It would be great to read a news post that stated they talked, and they voted with an agreement!

For real, it's always talk and nothing passed and established.

Hammer,

In the 20 page UN document on the Rule of Law agenda next week. Transparency is a major requirement for member nations in regards to Human Rights. This is to help ensure that corruption in government is not undermining the peace and security goals of the UN. If DV members will take the time and read the UN document they can then ask themselves "If" Iraq is even ready for full release from Chapt 7 ? IMO they are not even close! Unless the media has been so controlled by the GOI that Iraq is much farther along than any of us know. I suppose that it is possible in order to protect the economy of Iraq from speculators, but I don't think so...IMO

I agree, they won't be released from Ch. 7 yet, 'making nice' with Kuwait isn't going to be enough for them to be approved, imo.