Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delay the lifting of the zeroes from the currency, "a lame excuse"

Carrello

My link

Economist: clinging to the security and economic situation to delay the lifting of the zeroes from the currency, "a lame excuse"

Monday, September 17 2012

Description economic expert on behalf of Jamil, invoke the security and economic situation, and work to delay the process of lifting the zeros from the currency arguments "flimsy."

Said Jamil told all of Iraq [where] today, that "everything in Iraq has become a subject of political decisions and moods, pointing out that" one of the paragraphs of the Central Bank Act, allows him to print and change the currency. "

He added that "the Iraqi currency ago by eight years, and Ntgah inflation monetary and frequent banknotes in Balasouk and consumption is part of the currency and the difficulty of the calculation, the deletion of zeros from the currency is very suitable for the time being, the central bank formatted officially more than a year for this process, which do not affect the purchasing power, but would ease the process of state intervention in the market purchasing, also will give the dinar moral force, and remains the dinar is the main currency in circulation. "

Jamil said that "the lifting of the zeroes from the currency will serve the foreign investor, and the use of the Iraqi dinar in foreign dealings, rather than the dollar, noting that he" does not have any damage, but will be reflected positively on the government banks. "

The economist pointed out that "the currency will be printed in a competent presses has been given forms to accept fraud at the Central Bank."

The Cabinet decided in its meeting held last April 10 to wait in the application process of deletion of zeros from the national currency until further notice.

The Central Bank of Iraq, and on the lips of bank adviser appearance of Mohammed Saleh, has confirmed to [where], need for Iraq to process administrative reform of the currency cash, and that the project to delete the zeros is a step comes as part of the country's need to process administrative reform of the currency, in order to reduce transaction costs cash in the economic process, in addition to the need to provide small denominations coins used in daily circulation of small transactions.

The officials at the central bank, as well as some politicians and economists, urged the government to delete the zeros from the currency, and the issuance of a new currency denominations large cash, in addition to a small Coins.

Observers say the government really intends to delete the zeros from the currency as a step towards improving the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar, but economists played down the importance of this step, considering that the cost of raising the zeros will be greater than the benefit expected from the lifting of zeros. Ended 2

--

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Observers say the government really intends to delete the zeros from the currency as a step towards improving the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar, but economists played down the importance of this step, considering that the cost of raising the zeros will be greater than the benefit expected from the lifting of zeros. Ended 2

--

OK, I have a stupid question. What is the deference between deleting the zero's and raising them?

:peace:

• Upvote 1

Well deleting is taking the zero's off the currency. Raising as far as I can tell when they say this is postponement, lifting same thing. They often refer to the meeting as being raised until another day. Now you can argue deleting and raising are the same thing. You can also argue that deleting or lifting could mean taking the the three zero currency off the streets.

OK, I have a stupid question. What is the deference between deleting the zero's and raising them?

Deleting Zeros has become an accepted way of describing Redenomination.

Lifting, raising, bubblegum, watermelon and babysit are some of the many translations that the online robots add to the mix?

The process of redenomination (deleting zeros) applies equally to all denominations; and only in pumperland does it refer to removing the larger bills from the street.

There is really no reason for the Pumpers and gurus to lie to their followers. Redenomination continues to fight a stiff uphill battle with the GOI, and many of it's discount house purchased financial Experts (drips that didn't survive).

But, even the " observers" still think that the GOI is going this, and the "economists" mentioned in the article are unsure about the procedure.

It does not become a reality, until it becomes a reality. There is no need, other than to generate more profit from dinar sales, for the Pumpers and gurus to try to make it into something it's not.

It is not over, 'till it's over.

Edited by Dalite
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Deleting Zeros has become an accepted way of describing Redenomination.

Lifting, raising, bubblegum, watermelon and babysit are some of the many translations that the online robots add to the mix?

This process applies equally to all denominations; and only in pumperland does it refer to removing the larger bills from the street.

There is really no reason for the Pumpers and gurus to lie to their followers. Redenomination continues to fight a stiff uphill battle with the GOI, and many of it's discount house purchased financial Experts (drips that didn't survive).

It does not become a reality, until it becomes a reality. There is no need, other than to generate more profit from dinar sales, for the Pumpers and gurus to try to make it into something it's not.

It is not over, 'till it's over.

You did a better job of explaining than I.....too early to wrap my head around Iraqi jargon. And it aint over till its over, right now I actually see possibility.

Observers say the government really intends to delete the zeros from the currency as a step towards improving the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar, but economists played down the importance of this step, considering that the cost of raising the zeros will be greater than the benefit expected from the lifting of zeros.

This journalist decided to hedge his bets and use all three in one sentence, describing the same thing.

Edited by Dalite
  • Upvote 1

You did a better job of explaining than I.....too early to wrap my head around Iraqi jargon. And it aint over till its over, right now I actually see possibility.

None of us can actually say we really know one way or another.

Like you, I still see promise.

In the big picture; even if they ReDenominate, there is little doubt that the currency will increase in value, and importance.

As long as they keep some semblance of a Democracy in a region of turmoil that is also considering Democracy, they will be seen as an anchor by the rest of the world.

I would still like to have my cake, and eat it before it turns stale, but can only learn to accept the chance that, while I can have my cake, it may be a while before I can eat it.

In the mean time, we all learn to blow out the candles ( over and over like ground hog day ) waiting for that day to arrive.

Also, your earlier comment led me to edit my post, as I had not paid attention to the last paragraph of the article that really made the concept as clear as mud.

It's all good; have another cup of Joe - I need one 2.

Yeah, but he forgot menopausal, probably the hottest one around. :P

Sometime, when we aren't under the scrutiny of censorship, remind me to tell you how a 14 year old Pakistani girl explained that term to me in 1968.

I had always thought it was one of the newer Periodic Elements prior to that revelation .

When the old timer gave up on how to tell the long haired boys from girls, out of desperation he asked which ones had a menstral cycle.

One replied " it must be him, I ride a Honda".

( my Grandmother dropped that one on me some years later ).

You're right, it is a hot topic. :)

Edited by Dalite
  • Upvote 2

Sometime, when we aren't under the scrutiny of censorship, remind me to tell you how a 14 year old Pakistani girl explained that term to me in 1968.

I had always thought it was one of the newer Periodic Elements prior to that revelation .

When the old timer gave up on how to tell the long haired boys from girls, out of desperation he asked which ones had a menstral cycle.

One replied " it must be him, I ride a Honda".

( my Grandmother dropped that one on me some years later ).

You're right, it is a hot topic. :)

:lol: :lol: :o

I don't know the difference but I love the fact that there is a distinction between the two being made... they both can't mean RD can it?? Thanks Howie, this made my day!

^^^I meant thanks Carrello! (I was reading Howies thread a minute ago and got a little mixed up)