Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Breaking News: Progress in KRG-Baghdad oil talks

TrinityeXchange

Adam did post on this, said one good story, and one not so good, check his post on the guru site.. I think its true, Miliki. Needs an. RV so he can ask for release for chapter 7. Next week whenhe is in NY.. shabs needs it to for london next week also, hard to ask for inversters if yiur money is worthless. :twothumbs:

I am including this article to add to what we know, not to take away, and we know the "news" is a liittle slow on the uptake.

A common consensus to choose the final version of the law of oil and gas

Baghdad / 09/13/2012 - 9:38 pm

Resulted in the presidency of the parliament meeting with representatives of the committees of energy and legal and parliamentary representatives of the Kurdistan region on the oil and energy law for the formation of a sub-committee to select the final version of the bill.

The Presidency of the Council of Representatives discussed with Oil Minister Abdul Karim and coffee and oil and energy committees and legal law of oil and gas. Noteworthy that the oil and gas law approval still pending in the House of Representatives even though he started a long time ago because of the political debates between the blocs to participate in political action. The source said that "the meeting reached to form a committee comprising representatives from the National Alliance and a representative of the Iraqi representative for the Kurdistan Alliance in addition to the oil minister in the federal government and the Minister of Natural Resources in the Kurdistan region in addition to one of the members of the Presidency of the Council of Representatives."

And added that "the Committee will hold its first next Tuesday to discuss the possibility of choosing a copy agreed oil and gas law. "In the same vein revealed the Legal Committee parliamentary agreement on a roadmap on contentious issues in the draft law of oil and gas. said committee member of the Iraqi List Haider Mulla said" previously issued Presidency of the parliament ordered parliamentary formation of a joint committee of the committees of energy and legal to mature a common vision for a bill of oil and gas and fired upon by the Commission 68. said Mullah that this joint committee is a workshop for between formulas and projects offered on the law and access to a common formula correspond them all parliamentary blocs.

explained that it was agreed to form a sub-committee looking constitutional texts and political visions and then move to particles and technical matters relating to the subject. Meanwhile announced KRG President Barzani for a delegation from the region to Baghdad soon to discuss the file to pay the federal government dues Finance for foreign companies operating in the oil sector in Kurdistan. and on the Region's exports of oil abroad, the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government that "the region continues even now to pump oil through the national exports," noting that "the region will continue to export oil through the national exports permanently if reach Arbil and Baghdad to resolve on the payment of foreign companies operating in the oil sector of Kurdistan. "

http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=auto|en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aladalanews.net%2F

By reading what you posted this can be nothing but good news, just to be able to say they agreed on something is a big deal, now to say they signed an agreement is great news that can only lead to more agreements and hopefully the end this standoff between the blocs, and finally get all the issues settled by the time Talabani returns, thanks again TrinityXchange.

There you are! :D

• Upvote 1

Ok, so based on this; how far do you think we are from the RV (or RD [which I think is a small chance]) right now???

Months, days, weeks???

Thanks... :)

It doesnt work like that. the hcl doesnt automatically make a rv happen. that theory will soon proof itself wrong. however.....great news if its passed.

Edited by sandstorm

It doesnt work like that. the hcl doesnt automatically make a rv happen. that theory will soon proof itself wrong. however.....great news if its passed.

It may not automatically make it happen but I don't think there's any chance of it happening without the HCL, so..........

• Upvote 3

The HCL is the most important law to be passed its agreements to where and how to share the oil revenue i think this is HUGE news and what we have been waiting for it might not mean an Rv right away but we are getting very close imho. Iraq's economy is mostly based off oil so yea Im excited they are in agreement.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

Stryker sent me a text about an hour ago regarding a conversation with his translator. His translator told him he watched on Arab TV an announcement that the HCL had been agreed upon and is being sent to Parliament for final approval. Additionally, it appears all the oil contracts will get (or are getting) paid along with the funds owed to the Kurdish military. This seems to indicate Erbil may be done and just not announced yet.

• Upvote 17

Stryker sent me a text about an hour ago regarding a conversation with his translator. His translator told him he watched on Arab TV an announcement that the HCL had been agreed upon and is being sent to Parliament for final approval. Additionally, it appears all the oil contracts will get (or are getting) paid along with the funds owed to the Kurdish military. This seems to indicate Erbil may be done and just not announced yet.

Thanks and its what i have heard as well i dont think its coincidence neither. We can only hope they have finally agreed they need to move forward.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 8

You give ole Stryker a hardy thank you from TX my friend! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

You waited an hour to tell us?

• Upvote 2

It may not automatically make it happen but I don't think there's any chance of it happening without the HCL, so..........

Im with you there. The more laws they pass...the more they cooperate and agree to move forward on policy....the better our chances become.

The HCL is the most important law to be passed its agreements to where and how to share the oil revenue i think this is HUGE news and what we have been waiting for it might not mean an Rv right away but we are getting very close imho. Iraq's economy is mostly based off oil so yea Im excited they are in agreement.

I agree its important, but dont forget, they already had oil revenue sharing to the citizens in the 2012 budget. so theyve had a law on the books this year...as a temporary solution. Really good news if it passed............its rare to see iraqis finally agree on something

I am including this article to add to what we know, not to take away, and we know the "news" is a liittle slow on the uptake.

A common consensus to choose the final version of the law of oil and gas

Baghdad / 09/13/2012 - 9:38 pm

Resulted in the presidency of the parliament meeting with representatives of the committees of energy and legal and parliamentary representatives of the Kurdistan region on the oil and energy law for the formation of a sub-committee to select the final version of the bill.

The Presidency of the Council of Representatives discussed with Oil Minister Abdul Karim and coffee and oil and energy committees and legal law of oil and gas. Noteworthy that the oil and gas law approval still pending in the House of Representatives even though he started a long time ago because of the political debates between the blocs to participate in political action. The source said that "the meeting reached to form a committee comprising representatives from the National Alliance and a representative of the Iraqi representative for the Kurdistan Alliance in addition to the oil minister in the federal government and the Minister of Natural Resources in the Kurdistan region in addition to one of the members of the Presidency of the Council of Representatives."

And added that "the Committee will hold its first next Tuesday to discuss the possibility of choosing a copy agreed oil and gas law. "In the same vein revealed the Legal Committee parliamentary agreement on a roadmap on contentious issues in the draft law of oil and gas. said committee member of the Iraqi List Haider Mulla said" previously issued Presidency of the parliament ordered parliamentary formation of a joint committee of the committees of energy and legal to mature a common vision for a bill of oil and gas and fired upon by the Commission 68. said Mullah that this joint committee is a workshop for between formulas and projects offered on the law and access to a common formula correspond them all parliamentary blocs.

explained that it was agreed to form a sub-committee looking constitutional texts and political visions and then move to particles and technical matters relating to the subject. Meanwhile announced KRG President Barzani for a delegation from the region to Baghdad soon to discuss the file to pay the federal government dues Finance for foreign companies operating in the oil sector in Kurdistan. and on the Region's exports of oil abroad, the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government that "the region continues even now to pump oil through the national exports," noting that "the region will continue to export oil through the national exports permanently if reach Arbil and Baghdad to resolve on the payment of foreign companies operating in the oil sector of Kurdistan. "

http://translate.goo...dalanews.net%2F

There you are! :D

Still alive and kicking, this news got me exited again.