Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama's Libya Adventure to Blame for Ambassador Death

delta22

Violent protests in Libya that claimed the life of the U.S. ambassador were the result of President Obama’s decision to intervene in the Libyan revolt without a “deep appreciation” for what would follow, former CIA Director Michael Hayden tells Newsmax.

Hayden, a former four-star Air Force general, was appointed CIA director by President George W. Bush in 2006 and served until 2009.

In an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV on Wednesday, Hayden discusses the events in Libya: “I’m reminded of Secretary of State Powell’s comments about Iraq going back almost a decade — the Pottery Barn theory that if you break it you own it.

“Here’s a case where we went into Libya for reasons that seemed very powerful for some people at the time, almost all of them in Tehran, perhaps without a true or deep appreciation for what the secondary and tertiary effects of overthrowing [Libyan ruler Moammar] Gadhafi would be.

Watch our exclusive interview. Story continues below.

<EMBED height=270 name=ooyalaPlayer_3gnqq_h70mnl3z type=application/x-shockwave-flash align=middle pluginspage=http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer width=480 src=http://player.ooyala.com/player.swf?embedCode=xhdDV2NTq-rU-1BCkfarrMNJrVq3-7b8&version=2 flashvars="&embedCode=xhdDV2NTq-rU-1BCkfarrMNJrVq3-7b8&videoPcode=JkcWs6v53lsRdGfwlCSwg_a5CUMv" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" loop="false" play="true" bgcolor="#000000"></EMBED>“This was always the story we saw in those cell phone videos of oppressed and oppressor, but there were other stories going on too, other narratives — East vs. West in Libya, tribal disputes in Libya, eastern Libya being home of the Islamic Libyan fighting group.

Please Note: You can watch Gen. Hayden's special LIGNET Briefing on the Iran Crisis and the implications of an Israeli Attack — Click Here Now

link to sign up lignet for iran“All these subplots were always out there and once you shatter the old society, these subplots become far more powerful and now we are seeing the results of that: Loss of control, portable air missiles, weapons from Libya being used to grab the northern half of Mali away from the Malian government, which is a good friend of the U.S."

“The U.N. Security Council resolution on Libya was bait and switch. It was never just humanitarian assistance, it was to overthrow the regime," added Hayden.

"As for how that affects the Russians, think about Syria. Now you’ve got a state, a heavily armed state in Libya that is armed at the militia and tribal level. I actually said when we first intervened that we now take on a moral responsibility for the future of the Libyan state and here we are.”

Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other members of the U.S. diplomatic mission were killed in Benghazi, the cradle of the Libyan revolution, on Wednesday in protest at a movie that depicts the prophet Muhammad.

In addition to the protests in Libya, demonstrators in Egypt tore down an American flag and burned it. Hayden, a member of the advisory board of LIGNET.com, was asked if State Department officials in other countries, particularly the Middle East, are in greater danger.

“I am sure that the cables have gone out to the appropriate embassies in that region saying be on your guard, increase security, strengthen your liaison with local government in order to get a warning of impending demonstrations or attack,” he responds.

“You might even see people being told to vary their times en route to work. You might see other people being told to stay at home. You’ve got to take all appropriate precautions, although I must admit that if you were going to predict two countries in which these events were to take place I would’ve predicted Egypt and Libya as being the two that were most volatile and the two where these events would’ve been most likely.”

Libyan military forces and police were slow to act once the protest in Benghazi developed. Asked if they may have been complicit in the demonstrations, Hayden tells Newsmax: “I really don’t know, and a wise man once told me several decades ago, never blame on malice what can easily be explained by incompetence. So we’re just going to see how the facts take us with regard to what the Libyan government did and didn’t do.”

The protests were sparked by the YouTube trailer of a movie, “Innocence of Muslims,” which insults the Prophet Muhammad. Florida pastor Terry Jones, who had inflamed anger in the Muslim world in 2010 with plans to burn the Koran, said he had promoted the film, which was produced by an Israeli-American property developer.

Regarding Jones, Hayden says: “Blood on his hands is a strong statement, but actions have consequences. These are reasonably predictable consequences, so I do think that someone who set this chain of events in motion bears some measure of responsibility.

“But when you come right down to it, one of our fundamental values is freedom of speech. We have a right to say that. People have a right to say things even if those things are offensive. Frankly, that’s a real test of freedom of speech, isn’t it?”

Asked why protests turned so violent in Libya but not in Egypt, Hayden says: “On the surface, Libya is a far more fractured society. It is all controlled by a variety of competing armed groups. It could be a case where arms in the hands of violent ill-tempered men are more numerous than they are in Egypt.”

Please Note: You can watch Gen. Hayden's special LIGNET Briefing on the Iran Crisis and the implications of an Israeli Attack — Click Here Now

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

• Upvote 5

The real story here is that Obama is over his head or has other priorities. He just got bit. The following article was posted 2 days ago

By Marc A. Thiessen, Published: September 10The Washington Post

Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?

President Obama is touting his foreign policy experience on the campaign trail, but startling new statistics suggest that national security has not necessarily been the personal priority the president makes it out to be. It turns out that more than half the time, the commander in chief does not attend his daily intelligence meeting.

The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.

read more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-is-obama-skipping-more-than-half-of-his-daily-intelligence-meetings/2012/09/10/6624afe8-fb49-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

• Upvote 2

That man was murdered by O for all practical purposes.

O is even worse than Carter when it comes to foreign policy.

Of course his fawning press wont admit it.

November almost can't come fast enough.

Take out the "almost" from your last sentence. :)

The real story here is that Obama is over his head or has other priorities. He just got bit. The following article was posted 2 days ago

By Marc A. Thiessen, Published: September 10The Washington Post

Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?

President Obama is touting his foreign policy experience on the campaign trail, but startling new statistics suggest that national security has not necessarily been the personal priority the president makes it out to be. It turns out that more than half the time, the commander in chief does not attend his daily intelligence meeting.

The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.

read more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-is-obama-skipping-more-than-half-of-his-daily-intelligence-meetings/2012/09/10/6624afe8-fb49-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

Well, Obama can't let himself do what "his predecessor" did. President Bush kept us safe, and who truly feels safe with Obama at the helm of our Grand Ole' Ship of State.

divemaster, I forgot to thank you for the post and I also want to say. Their was alot of berating of Romneys's reponse to these senseless and heinous killings yesterday, but as an American and a generous American, I would be very proud to have a president that would stand up, show strength, and retaliate (not by force,but stop the flow of money) for this terrible wrong doing. My feeling is, because of Obama's and Clinton's little experiment with the Muslim brotherhood and Arab Spring, they will never admit failure or apoligize for the predicament the US is in within the Middle East. Even in Iraq, as we study daily, it is within the nature of Sharia, that it is OK to Murder, Cheat, Lie, Steal, in the name of Allah. Well, I have gone on a little too long, but I would like a Leader like Netanyahu, a leader that stands for his true beliefs, not what he believes will get him votes.

• Upvote 2

I just noticed something. Have any of the rest of you noticed the casual, easy grace with which we carry on conversations here when we are among our friends? I get a little snippy at times when someone says something with which I disagree, and I have noticed that others do this now and then too. And it feels ok for any of us to do that. But when it is just those of us who have formed casual friensships here, we are able to chat as though we are with old friends. And the amazing part is that we could pass each other on the street and never know we had just passed a friend we actually know quite well. Strange, wonderful world we live in these days, huh?

divemaster, I forgot to thank you for the post and I also want to say. Their was alot of berating of Romneys's reponse to these senseless and heinous killings yesterday, but as an American and a generous American, I would be very proud to have a president that would stand up, show strength, and retaliate (not by force,but stop the flow of money) for this terrible wrong doing. My feeling is, because of Obama's and Clinton's little experiment with the Muslim brotherhood and Arab Spring, they will never admit failure or apoligize for the predicament the US is in within the Middle East. Even in Iraq, as we study daily, it is within the nature of Sharia, that it is OK to Murder, Cheat, Lie, Steal, in the name of Allah. Well, I have gone on a little too long, but I would like a Leader like Netanyahu, a leader that stands for his true beliefs, not what he believes will get him votes.

I couldn't have said it any better than this. Thank you, Butifldrm. Very nicely said!!

• Upvote 1

I just noticed something. Have any of the rest of you noticed the casual, easy grace with which we carry on conversations here when we are among our friends? I get a little snippy at times when someone says something with which I disagree, and I have noticed that others do this now and then too. And it feels ok for any of us to do that. But when it is just those of us who have formed casual friensships here, we are able to chat as though we are with old friends. And the amazing part is that we could pass each other on the street and never know we had just passed a friend we actually know quite well. Strange, wonderful world we live in these days, huh?

I couldn't have said it any better than this. Thank you, Butifldrm. Very nicely said!!

LOL, I have noticed that as well. Hopefully soon we will be meeting somewhere for a post RV party and can put faces with the names! :D DINAR VETS = my mistress according to my wife, she's going to get to eat those words when this little investment comes thru. :P There is certainly a great group of people here, well maybe not Carlos, but.....j/k :lol:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

That man was murdered by O for all practical purposes.

O is even worse than Carter when it comes to foreign policy.

Of course his fawning press wont admit it.

November almost can't come fast enough.

I would give you 5+ on this if I could.

O has done more damage to our country inside and outside than any of our enemies could have in the same time frame.

• Upvote 2

Take out the "almost" from your last sentence. :)

Well, Obama can't let himself do what "his predecessor" did. President Bush kept us safe, and who truly feels safe with Obama at the helm of our Grand Ole' Ship of State.

"Kept us safe"....... after 9/11? Something wrong with this picture? What are you thinking to simply follow along without processing information within your own mind? He, Bush, ignored reports that Bin Laden had imminent terrorists intentions within the United States. Kept us safe, thats too desperate of a party stretch don't you think?

Obama have incapacitated more terrorists without casualties than any other president, including W. Doesn't sound apologetic. Apologetic is a unilateral statement and that's what Romney's campaign is riding on.

Buzzwords: Kept us safe

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I agree with you Butifldrm, its great to have that extra voice that helps me express my thoughts. (you have a follower) :) I follow a lot of you here though.

Mr. O is to busy to meet with Netanyah to discuss important issues. What kind of picture does that paint of his leadership. :angry:

"Kept us safe"....... after 9/11? Something wrong with this picture? What are you thinking to simply follow along without processing information within your own mind? He, Bush, ignored reports that Bin Laden had imminent terrorists intentions within the United States. Kept us safe, thats too desperate of a party stretch don't you think?

Obama have incapacitated more terrorists without casualties than any other president, including W. Doesn't sound apologetic. Apologetic is a unilateral statement and that's what Romney's campaign is riding on.

Buzzwords: Kept us safe

Really? Obama single handedly took out the bad guys? This would have nothing to do with the intelligence gathered by Bush's team would it? I doubt O even knows how to use a gun, he's to busy reading the instruction manual on his teleprompter. You need to go back and read the embassy's statement, it was an apology and basically kissing muslim @$$ again saying how we abuse our rights here in America. You don't think O knew about it or what their response was going to be? Hmmmmmm..........Mr. doesn't go to his security meetings, perhaps he didn't know, that would be incompetent. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Really? Obama single handedly took out the bad guys? This would have nothing to do with the intelligence gathered by Bush's team would it? I doubt O even knows how to use a gun, he's to busy reading the instruction manual on his teleprompter. You need to go back and read the embassy's statement, it was an apology and basically kissing muslim @$$ again saying how we abuse our rights here in America. You don't think O knew about it or what their response was going to be? Hmmmmmm..........Mr. doesn't go to his security meetings, perhaps he didn't know, that would be incompetent. :rolleyes:

These are things you want to believe Dive... Romney said kin to apology for political reasons.

• Downvote 1