Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why would Shabs and Iraq want to

steveinfla

Why would Shabs and Iraq want to go to London next week with a worthless currency??

If you or I went to a bank with an award winning business plan. Showing what you could be worth, what your potential could be. But you have none of your own money nor a solid or stable chain of command (ie CEO, CFO, VP ect ect) do you think you would get the bank or anyone else to invest in you. Answer is no you wouldnt.

So I have to ask the question. How can Iraq/Shabibi go to London with an unstable Government, worthless currency, Yes I know they have Oil, Natural gas and mineral reserves up the ying yang. But what good are those reserves if there in no infastructure to support the country. How can they say come invest with us when they are not paying current contractors. It is my understanding Shell is getting ready to pull out due to lack of payment. Please correct me if that statement is wrong but to the best of my knowledge it is true. How can Iraq go there and not expect to be the laughing stock of the middle east??

Do they plan on RVing before hand?

Do they plan on RVing after but will announce the rate of their currency at this conference? (I do not see that as plausible do to the run on Dinar from speculators if that happened)

I know SWFLAGUY posted about Ch7 but there is NO garuntee of Iraq coming out of CH7.

Have they gotten more done than we know? Is the HCL done? Is the GOI seated? Is Ch7 done? and we are being fed misinformation to keep speculators at bay and all will be revaled at London.

What are your thoughts enquiring minds want to know!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think you like to hear yourself talk.

Actually no... That is just what I am thinking... I am looking for some clarity on the issue.. I thought this was a good place to do that because people seem knowledgeable and grounded here.. Well everyone but you seem that way...

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

I remember this topic last year. Everybody was saying they had to RV as they were hosting some conference and their pride wouldn't let them do that with the worthless paper they held. I don't remember the name of the conference, but someone has to.

Yep you are right I remember as well, and nothing came out of that conference, and I expect the same here, just a lot of talk and no actions :lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

***///

We like what you've contributed here, STEVEINFLA. ;)

Voicing what some of us have been discussing amongst ourselves has merit.

And we're hoping it will open up a nice dialogue with our fellow DVers here.

Thank you.

COLEMAN, don't be a grumpy varmint. :P

Sarge'sGals

Why thank you nice man right back at ya!

I remember this topic last year. Everybody was saying they had to RV as they were hosting some conference and their pride wouldn't let them do that with the worthless paper they held. I don't remember the name of the conference, but someone has to.

You are right about that there was an overly hyped conference last year. However I am led to believe this conference will be about asking investors to actually start investing in Iraq. Which is the big difference over last years conference...I am under the impression that Iraq is going to be laying their cards on the table... I could be way off but I dont think I am...

• Upvote 1

It was the Mid-East Conference I believe. I could be wrong, but yes we all figured it would go then, but here we are. I do on the other hand believe they have to do something if they want international recognition and enter the WTO. I don't know if there are more players nor do I know what is good info or bad info, we just read and choose to believe what articles we want. Hope, believe, and have faith as well as patience is all anyone can give you advise to do. GO RV. B)

• Upvote 1

Who thought they'd host the Arab Summit without a tradable currency? Every time we see one of these things on the horizon, a bunch of us start high-fiving each other because "for sure, they won't let THIS one pass!"

2 Ramadans in a row, it was "They've GOT to do it before Ramadan!"

This thing will come and go without the RV. But, it does seem like those who want democracy are doing whatever it takes to get this whole mess settled. Let's see how Maliki/the Parliament handle the appointments to the ministries.

Hey skrappyone - I'm in San Antonio too :)

Actually no... That is just what I am thinking... I am looking for some clarity on the issue.. I thought this was a good place to do that because people seem knowledgeable and grounded here.. Well everyone but you seem that way...

It's ok to say it Steve. Coleman is going for the most negs in history. He got close to 100 with just one word a while back. Apparently he likes to show off his ignorance although there are many other words to use. I called someone an idiot and got banned from posting for a few weeks. Since things seem to be getting so close I'll refrain from calling anyone names. Maybe some of you others can come up with some ideas. Someone once said it's better to keep your mouth closed and let everyone think you're stupid or you can open it up and remove all doubt. Personally Steve, I like your question and think it's very relevant. Looking forward to some positive and intelligent responses.

• Upvote 1

Correct!

Only people here at this forum think every meeting is directly tied to an RV.

Once again you are wrong... It is the people on this form that think other wise. Which is the reasoning for my question. I want to get some insite for the great board members here....

It's ok to say it Steve. Coleman is going for the most negs in history. He got close to 100 with just one word a while back. Apparently he likes to show off his ignorance although there are many other words to use. I called someone an idiot and got banned from posting for a few weeks. Since things seem to be getting so close I'll refrain from calling anyone names. Maybe some of you others can come up with some ideas. Someone once said it's better to keep your mouth closed and let everyone think you're stupid or you can open it up and remove all doubt. Personally Steve, I like your question and think it's very relevant. Looking forward to some positive and intelligent responses.

I can feel the love on this board :hug:

seriously though I like the info on this board most grounded info out there

Why would Shabs and Iraq want to go to London next week with a worthless currency??

If you or I went to a bank with an award winning business plan. Showing what you could be worth, what your potential could be. But you have none of your own money nor a solid or stable chain of command (ie CEO, CFO, VP ect ect) do you think you would get the bank or anyone else to invest in you. Answer is no you wouldnt.

So I have to ask the question. How can Iraq/Shabibi go to London with an unstable Government, worthless currency, Yes I know they have Oil, Natural gas and mineral reserves up the ying yang. But what good are those reserves if there in no infastructure to support the country. How can they say come invest with us when they are not paying current contractors. It is my understanding Shell is getting ready to pull out due to lack of payment. Please correct me if that statement is wrong but to the best of my knowledge it is true. How can Iraq go there and not expect to be the laughing stock of the middle east??

Do they plan on RVing before hand?

Do they plan on RVing after but will announce the rate of their currency at this conference? (I do not see that as plausible do to the run on Dinar from speculators if that happened)

I know SWFLAGUY posted about Ch7 but there is NO garuntee of Iraq coming out of CH7.

Have they gotten more done than we know? Is the HCL done? Is the GOI seated? Is Ch7 done? and we are being fed misinformation to keep speculators at bay and all will be revaled at London.

What are your thoughts enquiring minds want to know!

The currency isn't worthless, first of all. It's just worth less. It has a value just like S. Korea's currency has a value of around 1/10 of a penny. S. Korea has hosted conferences, as has Vietnam with a currency worth even less than the dinar.

The purpose of the conference is listed on the conference website. http://www.iraqfinance.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=17 They want to develop their banking and finance industry. This is just another step in the process of bringing Iraq into the modern world. Nothing more.

• Upvote 1

Yep... I recall that "pride" issue recurring over and over in my 8 years of this madness....

Doesn't seem to mean much.

• Upvote 1

Who thought they'd host the Arab Summit without a tradable currency? Every time we see one of these things on the horizon, a bunch of us start high-fiving each other because "for sure, they won't let THIS one pass!"

2 Ramadans in a row, it was "They've GOT to do it before Ramadan!"

This thing will come and go without the RV. But, it does seem like those who want democracy are doing whatever it takes to get this whole mess settled. Let's see how Maliki/the Parliament handle the appointments to the ministries.

Hey skrappyone - I'm in San Antonio too :)

During Ramadan this year we took the grandkid down to San Antonio. We had a blast seeing the sites and going to sea world. Sorry I missed both of you. :)

:rocking-chair: