Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama praised for creating 4.5 million jobs

umbertino

by: Tim Wheeler

September 6 2012

CHARLOTTE - Karen Eusanio, a worker at GM's Lordstown plant in Ohio, told the Democratic National Convention (DNC) yesterday, "For almost 20 years I have been a proud member of UAW Local 1112. And thanks to President Obama, I still am."

Faced with shutdown of the plant and the permanent loss of her job, Eusanio said she asked herself, "How am I going to provide for my daughter and my two sons? How could I pay the mortgage? How was the Mahoning Valley going to survive when so many of us were out of work?"

President Obama came to the rescue, she said. "He didn't think about the polls or the politics. He thought about the people. And because he put himself in our shoes, we are back on our feet."

The 6,000 delegates gave her a roaring ovation. She was one of a procession of union members and leaders who came to the microphone praising Obama for fighting to save jobs or create jobs when the economy was in free fall, in grave danger of total collapse.

UAW President Bob King said that Obama "met the test of moral character ... He stood with American workers, not just autoworkers but millions of workers in towns and cities across America, who, if the auto industry went under, wouldn't be able to put food on the table,"

He contrasted Obama with Republican Mitt Romney, who, he said, spews "political venom" and wrote an infamous column in the New York Times headlined, "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt."

King praised autoworkers for upholding the principles of union solidarity, joining together in the fight to organize the unorganized and upholding collective bargaining rights.

He was echoing the ideas of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, who earlier told the convention, "We have to rebuild the middle class together. Our economy works best when it works for everyone, not just the select few. We will have that under Barack Obama."

Trumka said workers across the nation "deserve the right to organize and bargain collectively." The Republican platform unveiled in Tampa openly proclaims the GOP's intention of pushing for enactment of a national "Right to Work" (for less) union busting law. By contrast, Trumka said, the Democratic Party platform is "crystal clear" in promising to "fight to protect and strengthen this fundamental right" to organize and bargain collectively.

Trumka scorned Mitt Romney's boast at the RNC in Tampa that he and his corporate cronies "built America without any help from the rest of us."

Added Trumka, "Mitt Romney doesn't know a thing about hard work and responsibility. We're the ones who build it every single day, because it is our work that connects us."

The nation faces a choice in November, said Trumka, between the Republicans' "division and decline" and Obama's vision of "unity and growth."

Three workers, two men and a woman, came to the stage to tell the delegates that they were victims of Romney's vicious policy of taking over factories and mills, stripping them of their assets, closing them down or exporting the jobs to lands of cheap labor.

David Foster, a leader of the United Steelworkers of America told the crowd he worked 15 years as a basic steelworker, laying brick and tapping the furnaces. "I also led the Steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year-old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993."

When Romney and Bain took over, Foster said, they loaded the company down with millions in debt. They used the borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, debt was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy. "They fired 750 steelworkers while they pocketed $12 million in profits," Foster said.

In 2001, Romney was still the CEO of Bain, Foster added. "I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s and retirees in their 70s and 80s and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacations, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised, they were all gone."

He concluded, "We need leadership....We need Barack Obama."

http://www.peoplesworld.org/obama-praised-for-creating-4-5-million-jobs/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 28

CNN Fact Check: About those 4.5 million jobs

CNN -- Anyone watching the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday night heard the number 4.5 million several times.

"Despite incredible odds and united Republican opposition, our president took action, and now we've seen 4.5 million new jobs," San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, the party's keynote speaker, said.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who served as President Barack Obama's chief of staff, and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, who followed Obama's November rival Mitt Romney as governor of Massachusetts, both cited the same number.

It's a big-sounding number, given the still-sputtering job market. So we're giving it a close eyeballing.

The facts:

The number Castro cites is an accurate description of the growth of private-sector jobs since January 2010, when the long, steep slide in employment finally hit bottom. But while a total of 4.5 million jobs sounds great, it's not the whole picture.

Nonfarm private payrolls hit a post-recession low of 106.8 million that month, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The figure currently stands at 111.3 million as of July.

While that is indeed a gain of 4.5 million, it's only a net gain of 300,000 over the course of the Obama administration to date. The private jobs figure stood at 111 million in January 2009, the month Obama took office.

And total nonfarm payrolls, including government workers, are down from 133.6 million workers at the beginning of 2009 to 133.2 million in July 2012. There's been a net loss of nearly 1 million public-sector jobs since Obama took office, despite a surge in temporary hiring for the 2010 census.

Meanwhile, the jobs that have come back aren't the same ones that were lost.

According to a study released last week by the liberal-leaning National Employment Law Project, low-wage fields such as retail sales and food service are adding jobs nearly three times as fast as higher-paid occupations.

Conclusion:

The figure of 4.5 million jobs is accurate if you look at the most favorable period and category for the administration. But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry not!!!!

I call bull on this!!!!

He has to go an build a library that I won't visit!!!!!!!!

Opps I meant we will have to pay and build that darn library for him.

When is this country going to wake up!!!!

I even had a debate about politics :blink: with a guy that won't even vote!

I need some sleep.

i dont see how obama takes credit for creating the jobs the governors of each state are taking credit for creating ...... and since chicago is doing terrible in job creation and texas is doing great .. why did obama go to texas ,,"a red state " ... and create all those jobs like that .. almost half the jobs.. and just ignore his blue states including his home town chicago.. obama must like creating jobs in texas for his pal rick perry .. and perry says he created those jobs .. i tend to believe perry over obama

so obama is taking the number of jobs each governor created and adding them up and saying he created those jobs .. what a turd

• Upvote 1

This is a dinar site, not a platform for politics

I had a choice to comment on the ignorance of the original post or this ignorant one. Well, since my comments on the original post would probably get me banned, I'll comment on this one.

This is in "Off Topic". Obviously you can read, so why make ignorant comments such as this? "Off Topic" is for anything non-dinar, be it politics or otherwise. I suggest, next time you venture to read about Dinar you stick to the subject of DINAR. That way, you don't look, well... IGNORANT!

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Umbert my little commie friend Here you go . Just for you . You can have it blown up and hang it in your living room hahahahahaa

Please dont feel as if you have to thank me. Dog is just that kind of guy.

Better dead then red

Peace

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 6

September 6 2012

Tim Wheeler

From KeyWiki

TimWheelerCROP2.jpg

Tim Wheeler is the son of the late Don Wheeler, the husband of Joyce Wheeler and the father of Morgan Wheeler.

Tim Wheeler is the national political correspondent of the CPUSA's newspaper, People's World. He has been a reporter and editor for the working-class press for 43 years. He lives in Baltimore, MD, and in Sequim, WA, with his wife Joyce Wheeler[1].

In 1986 Tim Wheeler was a Staff Writer for the Communist Party USA newspaper People's World[4] From 1991 to 2003 Wheeler served as editor of the Peoples Weekly World. Currently he is the Peoples World national political correspondent.

In December 1999, a Communist Party USA meeting was held at the May Day Bookstore in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for the purpose of re-establishing the Communist Party USA Farm Commission.

Party members present were Erwin Marquit, Helvi Savola, Jack Brown, Peter Molenaar, Morgan Soderburg, Bill Gudex, Mark Froemke, Scott Marshall, Gary Severson, Mike Madden, Becky Pera, Charlie Smith and Tim Wheeler.[6

Washington State CP

In May 1995 The Communist Party USA newspaper Peoples Weekly World published a May Day supplement. Included was a page of greetings to Will Parry, sending "warmest greetings" for his 75th Birthday. Almost all of the more than 100 endorsers listed, were identified members or supporters of the Washington State Communist Party USA.

Endorsed Communist Party Call

On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsers[8]including Tim Wheeler, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.

Communist Party USA

In September 2006 the Peoples Weekly World[9]listed several members of the Baltimore Wheelers affiliated to Communist Party USA.

Tim Wheeler and Joyce Wheeler, Morgan Wheeler and Tina Wheeler, Nick and Maureen, Susan M., Stephen Vause and Calyn Syvanen, Marion Burns.

http://keywiki.org/index.php/Tim_Wheeler

• Upvote 2

September 6 2012

CHARLOTTE - Karen Eusanio, a worker at GM's Lordstown plant in Ohio, told the Democratic National Convention (DNC) yesterday, "For almost 20 years I have been a proud member of UAW Local 1112. And thanks to President Obama, I still am."

Faced with shutdown of the plant and the permanent loss of her job, Eusanio said she asked herself, "How am I going to provide for my daughter and my two sons? How could I pay the mortgage? How was the Mahoning Valley going to survive when so many of us were out of work?"

President Obama came to the rescue, she said. "He didn't think about the polls or the politics. He thought about the people. And because he put himself in our shoes, we are back on our feet."

The 6,000 delegates gave her a roaring ovation. She was one of a procession of union members and leaders who came to the microphone praising Obama for fighting to save jobs or create jobs when the economy was in free fall, in grave danger of total collapse.

UAW President Bob King said that Obama "met the test of moral character ... He stood with American workers, not just autoworkers but millions of workers in towns and cities across America, who, if the auto industry went under, wouldn't be able to put food on the table,"

He contrasted Obama with Republican Mitt Romney, who, he said, spews "political venom" and wrote an infamous column in the New York Times headlined, "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt."

King praised autoworkers for upholding the principles of union solidarity, joining together in the fight to organize the unorganized and upholding collective bargaining rights.

He was echoing the ideas of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, who earlier told the convention, "We have to rebuild the middle class together. Our economy works best when it works for everyone, not just the select few. We will have that under Barack Obama."

Trumka said workers across the nation "deserve the right to organize and bargain collectively." The Republican platform unveiled in Tampa openly proclaims the GOP's intention of pushing for enactment of a national "Right to Work" (for less) union busting law. By contrast, Trumka said, the Democratic Party platform is "crystal clear" in promising to "fight to protect and strengthen this fundamental right" to organize and bargain collectively.

Trumka scorned Mitt Romney's boast at the RNC in Tampa that he and his corporate cronies "built America without any help from the rest of us."

Added Trumka, "Mitt Romney doesn't know a thing about hard work and responsibility. We're the ones who build it every single day, because it is our work that connects us."

The nation faces a choice in November, said Trumka, between the Republicans' "division and decline" and Obama's vision of "unity and growth."

Three workers, two men and a woman, came to the stage to tell the delegates that they were victims of Romney's vicious policy of taking over factories and mills, stripping them of their assets, closing them down or exporting the jobs to lands of cheap labor.

David Foster, a leader of the United Steelworkers of America told the crowd he worked 15 years as a basic steelworker, laying brick and tapping the furnaces. "I also led the Steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year-old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993."

When Romney and Bain took over, Foster said, they loaded the company down with millions in debt. They used the borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, debt was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy. "They fired 750 steelworkers while they pocketed $12 million in profits," Foster said.

In 2001, Romney was still the CEO of Bain, Foster added. "I stood in front of hundreds of steelworkers in their 50s and 60s and retirees in their 70s and 80s and told them Romney and Bain had broken their promises. Jobs, vacations, severance, health insurance and pension benefits that were promised, they were all gone."

I imagine there were some fools who thouhgt pretty highly of Benito Mussolini back in the day...know what I mean sport.

• Upvote 1

I had a choice to comment on the ignorance of the original post or this ignorant one. Well, since my comments on the original post would probably get me banned, I'll comment on this one.

This is in "Off Topic". Obviously you can read, so why make ignorant comments such as this? "Off Topic" is for anything non-dinar, be it politics or otherwise. I suggest, next time you venture to read about Dinar you stick to the subject of DINAR. That way, you don't look, well... IGNORANT!

No more comments will come from this end. I don't say much on this site should not have said anything about this. My Bad, done with it.

No more comments will come from this end. I don't say much on this site should not have said anything about this. My Bad, done with it.

Hey Bulldog. Its not a bad site. Stick with it. I did the same thing someone pi$$ me off and I said never again. But you know what Bull crap . You made a simple error . You got one dummy getting on you about it. Sccrew him you have as much right to say how you feel about things as he has hahahahhaa Thats what I did. I don't give a fat rats butt if they wanna hear it or not. I love to aggravate hahahahhaha :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What happened was that existing jobs were renamed. Someone who cleans a bike shop is now a 'green' job. So the millions of green jobs created are simply, many times, just a renaming of a previously existing job.

I heard this same thing on the radio, people that mop and clean and change light bulbs for maintenance reasons have been put on the rolls of 'GREEN JOBS' , I think it was said that as long as there is not a motor doing the work, so there is a tremendous amount of people getting classified as something other than just a hard worker....to appease a POTUS and his wacky ego

• Upvote 1

September 6 2012

So many jobs saved and it puts food on my table, thank you President Obama!

• Downvote 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is this another joke???

stick to posting music UMbama

I read him 2 x 2 to loud to often

Your opinion is welcome in my opinion.

Also you tell Them dog53 B)