Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cheney Blasts Obama's Intel Attendance, bin Laden Boasting

delta22

Former Vice President **** Cheney has blasted President Barack Obama over a report that the current commander in chief has gone to fewer than half of his security briefings during his time in office.

The revelation underscores why “people are so offended by Obama’s “efforts to take sole credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden,” Cheney said in an email to the Daily Caller.

“Those who deserve the credit are the men and women in our military and intelligence communities who worked for many years to track him down. They are the ones who deserve the thanks of a grateful nation,” Cheney said in the note sent on the eve of the 9/11 anniversary.

The conservative Government Accountability Institute issued the report that said Obama had attended just 43.8 percent of his daily briefings, a figure the White House did not dispute.

The group said Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, rarely missed a meeting.

National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor described Obama’s attendance at the meetings as “not particularly interesting or useful,” as he receives written daily briefings. “The president gets the information he needs from the intelligence community every day,” Vietor said.

• Upvote 9

Politifact

Over the last six months, President Barack Obama has golfed 10 times and held 106 fundraisers, but his jobs council has never met.

...../snip/..... (you can read the rest of the article at the link above)

Our ruling

The RNC said that over the last six months, Obama has golfed 10 times and held 106 fundraisers even as his jobs council didn’t meet once. The RNC’s tally is on target. We rate the statement True.

Wasn't he elected to WORK - how many more fundraisers has he attended since July? I'm sure he's played more golf - but he still hasn't met with the jobs council and now we

find out that he hardly attends his Daily Briefing.

Washington Post

The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.

...../snip/......

While the Bush records are not yet available electronically for analysis, officials tell me the former president held his intelligence meeting six days a week, no exceptions — usually with the vice president, the White House chief of staff, the national security adviser, the director of National Intelligence, or their deputies, and CIA briefers in attendance. Once a week, he held an expanded Homeland Security briefing that included the Homeland Security adviser, the FBI director and other homeland security officials. Bush also did more than 100 hour-long “deep dives” in which he invited intelligence analysts into the Oval Office to get their unvarnished and sometimes differing views. Such meetings deepened the president’s understanding of the issues and helped analysts better understand the problems with which he was wrestling.

.....You can read the rest of this article at the Washington Post......

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 4

Buzzword: Work

What We Learned and When We Learned It

By Andy Borowitz

Published: April 18, 2004

In the summer of 2001 the director of central intelligence, George Tenet, was running around with his hair on fire. When told that Mr. Tenet's hair was on fire, President Bush replied, ''I'm tired of swatting flies.'' The president added that the only thing worse than swatting flies was shaking trees. ''You can swat all the flies and shake all the trees you want, but it still won't be a silver bullet,'' the president said.

As August wore on Mr. Tenet's hair blazed out of control. Mr. Bush received a President's Daily Brief, or P.D.B., entitled, ''Fire in Tenet's Hair May Spread to His Eyebrow.'' Unfortunately, the P.D.B. gave no precise information about when the fire might spread, or to which eyebrow. It was a ''historical document,'' written on yellowing parchment in fancy, ''Old English'' lettering. Besides, as the national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, pointed out, Mr. Tenet's hair had been on fire since the early 1990's. ''Our policy toward the fire raging on George Tenet's head was by and large the one we inherited from the Clinton administration,'' Dr. Rice said. ''It was a policy of containment.''

By mid-August Mr. Tenet complained that having his entire head engulfed in flames was making it difficult for him to connect the dots. President Bush said that connecting the dots was a waste of time, right up there with swatting flies and shaking trees. The president asked Mr. Tenet to investigate whether there was a link between his burning hair and Saddam Hussein. Specifically, Mr. Bush asked if Saddam Hussein might have ''snuck up'' behind Mr. Tenet's head at some point with a book of matches or a Bic lighter. Mr. Tenet said that, to the best of his knowledge, Saddam Hussein had been nowhere near his head. ''Wrong answer,'' said Mr. Bush, leaving for his ranch in Crawford, Tex.

Entire Story...

WASHINGTON— DURING her appearance last week before the 9/11 commission, Condoleezza Rice and her questioners dipped into the peculiar lexicon of national security circles. For those who don't eat P.D.B.'s for breakfast, here are a few terms and their debatable meanings:

SWATTING FLIES -- Acting against the minor players, without inflicting damage on their base or leadership. Ms. Rice said President Bush wanted a comprehensive strategy against Al Qaeda, because he did not want to respond to each individual attack. ''He told me he was 'tired of swatting flies,''' she said. One commission member, former Senator Bob Kerrey, retorted: ''Can you tell me one example where the president swatted a fly when it came to Al Qaeda prior to 9/11?''

ACTIONABLE INTELLIGENCE -- In the debate over whether the administration had enough early warning to prevent the attacks, Ms. Rice expressed her distress over reports that ''something very, very big is going to happen'' when the lack of specifics made action virtually impossible.

Entire Story...

Lot of information on warnings of an attack in May leading up to September.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

Seriously, simple?

Borowitz is a comedian and that's it. His credibility is up there with Obama's qualification to be POTUS.

All the reports including testimonies, from Condoleezza Rice and others, regarding PDBs reporting a potential strike and sleeper cells in the U.S. during 2001 and that's all you have to say? Read the actual 9/11 Commission Report.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All the reports including testimonies, from Condoleezza Rice and others, regarding PDBs reporting a potential strike and sleeper cells in the U.S. during 2001 and that's all you have to say? Read the actual 9/11 Commission Report.

I'll try to keep this simple, Simple.

You can run down President Bush and try to judge is administration as you see fit. I personally didn't agree with all of his policies either, but at least he didn't run around apologizing for who we are as Americans! He set forth his course of action after 9/11 and never deviated from it. He was always Presidential in his appearance and I believe he truly cared for the American People. Much was said about his trips to his ranch in Crawford Texas. (Vacations the Libs say) I see alot of pics of him on his ranch working clearing brush and generally working on his ranch.

How many pics have you seen of President Obama on his Vacations "working doing anything?" Oh that's right, he never had a job doing anything productive in the first place. That does make it difficult to go back and do it on vacation while President of the United States.

He has been on a "Apologize to the Muslim World Tour" since taking office 4 years ago. How has that policy worked out?

Sorry, I'm just not impressed! The guy can't even honor the office of President by wearing a necktie in his public appearances half the time. I believe he has cheapened the office of the most powerful man of the free world.

Personally, I am of the mindset that in order for anyone to run for President of the USA, they should have to of Served in the United States Armed Forces with Honorable Discharge and been a business owner that has employed citizens of the US. The requirement to provide proof of citizenship should never be in question. If someone thinks they are above having to show proof, then they aren't worthy to hold the office of President.

No, I am not a birther, I just think the whole thing is stupid and could have been avoided if the documents were shown when requested.

• Upvote 3

I'll try to keep this simple, Simple.

You can run down President Bush and try to judge is administration as you see fit. I personally didn't agree with all of his policies either, but at least he didn't run around apologizing for who we are as Americans! He set forth his course of action after 9/11 and never deviated from it. He was always Presidential in his appearance and I believe he truly cared for the American People. Much was said about his trips to his ranch in Crawford Texas. (Vacations the Libs say) I see alot of pics of him on his ranch working clearing brush and generally working on his ranch.

How many pics have you seen of President Obama on his Vacations "working doing anything?" Oh that's right, he never had a job doing anything productive in the first place. That does make it difficult to go back and do it on vacation while President of the United States.

He has been on a "Apologize to the Muslim World Tour" since taking office 4 years ago. How has that policy worked out?

Sorry, I'm just not impressed! The guy can't even honor the office of President by wearing a necktie in his public appearances half the time. I believe he has cheapened the office of the most powerful man of the free world.

Personally, I am of the mindset that in order for anyone to run for President of the USA, they should have to of Served in the United States Armed Forces with Honorable Discharge and been a business owner that has employed citizens of the US. The requirement to provide proof of citizenship should never be in question. If someone thinks they are above having to show proof, then they aren't worthy to hold the office of President.

No, I am not a birther, I just think the whole thing is stupid and could have been avoided if the documents were shown when requested.

tip_hat.gifemot-downsbravo.gifsalute.gif