Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV Over Night Button

zantac

We could still be 24 - 36 months from this happening. We all know Oakie has called this to be completed 100's of times over the last 2 years, and zippppp.

We are still waiting. Did you also notice all the hype on the Vietnam Dong, and then nothing... We all over spent on that as well and now zero discussions. :blink:

We!!!!! You must have a can worms in your pocket!!!! You must be talking to yourself, and the voice in your head, type it out!! We didn't over spend on anything!! You know what happen when one ASSUME :wacko:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"we all over spent on that as well"- I beg to differ. I spent what I could afford to lose as did many that I know. To paint all in such a broad brush is wrong-Peace

I don't read it like you do I guess. Over spent could mean bought more than he should have, not necessarily more than he could afford to lose. Oh and there's Yota chiming in with ya! Birds of a feather I guess.

We!!!!! You must have a can worms in your pocket!!!! You must be talking to yourself, and the voice in your head, type it out!! We didn't over spend on anything!! You know what happen when one ASSUME :wacko:

Yeah, what he said. And I didn't overspend either. Only put out what I could afford to lose. But that doesn't mean I want to. This isn't Las Vegas. But I did win a grand last weekend at my daughters wedding. Nice weekend.

I know, I know, who cares???? Someone does. Let me know.

interesting that you talk about 18 months for a redenomination and go right into "Surely if Iraq is going to RV then this will have to be the case too?" and then go right back into currency redenomination/demonitisation, almost like it is all the same thing?

A redenomination does involve prep, explanation, and needed action including an exchange period. A RV would just be like hitting the "enter" button to increase the value, yes smaller denoms needed, but not apples and apples. Just my opinion :)

Here's the thing, CBI has been flapping their lips for years they were going to delete the zero's and redominate their currency, not 18 months but years. Now when push comes to shove, has the government bucked them on this before? Not until recently have they been so public with their concerns on a redomination. But here is the thing I do not get, Shabs seems to be a pretty smart guy, he knows the ends and outs of banking. I mean he pretty much was born in the vault of Swiss bank(not really), but you know what I mean. In all of this time with all of this talk of an RD for so many years wouldn't you think he would have been getting the banks ready, and the people inside the banks by now? I don't know maybe screaming counterfeit money is way to scare them in the banks. But an RV does not even have a moments notice.

I guess it is kind of hard to believe everything can fall into place overnight. Thanks for your level headed thoughts :)

Don't know why you got negged for that.. gave you a +1 to balance it out. If it were going to happen 'overnight' it would have happened a long time ago. The process is ongoing.. and so we are on waiting.

PERSONALLY I'm thinking late 2013 or early 2014. That's based on news reports I get here in China.. but I'm NOT a guru..so don't quote me.. and please don't neg me for sharing my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Companeros de dinar,

I am sitting in Panama at the Balboa Yacht CLub one afternoon last week and I happen to see 4 people examining IQD! Since buying my IQD several years ago I have never had an encounter of this nature before and I really want to just go over and barge in on their conversation. One of the individuals I have met a few times before so when he leaves the table for a bathroom stop I wait to catch him on the way out and ask if it would be alright to meet his companions at their table. ANd he responds with a big friendly of course. The key guy at the table is an economics Phd from Hungary and when I ask him about the RV he very confidently states that its going to happen before the end of September and maybe sooner. I will e the first to admit my heart skipped a few times and when it settled I asked him if he had any idea of a rate. I REALLY COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID because it just seemed outlandishly impossible. I am not going to say it it was just tyoo exaggerated for me or my heart to deal with! Below is a cut and paste of his e-mail to meat about 19:00 hrs EDT. I didn't open it until about one half hour ago. I have been with DInarvets for a couple of years and mostly as an observer enjoying the sharing of thoughts and info of this big loose family of common interest.

HERE IT IS!

There is a lot of news that all tier 1 people have been paid but are under full gag, cant prove this but it is coming from all over. Shell, Chevron and Exxon along with some tech companies and new banks in Iraq, all tell iraq if they dont get paid by Oct 3rd they are pulling out of Iraq, so forcing there hands. IMF, BIS, UST all saying hang on, rv this week, only saying what im told. Look for news from Maliki and Shabibi later this week...I do think we will hear announcements by weeks end in Iraq. Major banks world wide saying revalue coming before the 17th...got a call from switzerland [forex ]...they think rv this week sometime between 11 tonite and midnite on Thrusday...lets see what this weeks brings to us.

God Bless,

Peter

PLEASE NOTE I AM HERE IN THE RUMOUR SECTION.

God Bless Us All.

Geo

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OK I am receiving some more info from the same friend called Peter. It is worth the read.

approx 18 hrs ago

Good morning,

From my airport source in Bagdad, Talabani should be back in Iraq by Sunday. Maliki will be flying to the U. S. on Monday to meet with Obama and the U. N. to attempt to get all of chapter 7 out of the way. I am expecting announcements to come out of Iraq sometime after Wednesday night on into next week. I was told from 2 confident sources that on Switzerland forex the IQD was showing up at $#.13 and went up to $#.22, the VND was $.23 and went up to $.32. I was told they expect the rate to go live between Wednesday night and next Wednesday, just telling you what I was told. High ranking UST people are telling me the live rate will be released between Wednesday morning and this coming Sunday, this is just what I am hearing. I fully believe it will happen before the 21st. We can't ask for much more than where we stand right now.

God Bless,

Peter

approx 6 hrs ago

From seven different sources that they (lower denoms, coins) are there and they came with directions. In Columbus, Ohio (and other locations) Chase and Fifth/Third were doing currency exchange training yesterday. Why would they bring in their people on a holiday to do currency exchange training? Something they were anticipating. Everybody is still anticipating this month. Between now and the middle of the month anything can happen. US contracts in Iraq getting paid $#.41 rate. 9-4-2012 The banks are looking at this with the same expectation as we are right now. They are all saying the same thing. They are anticipating some currency changes, anticipating having to deal with a lot of Forex activity, and some major readjustments and people coming in; training tellers how to handle foreign currency. So when you see that you know that something is about ready to break.

God bless,

Peter

That's today so far.

a note: I purchased dinars about 3 years ago and that is my only involvment other than as all of hopefully cashing in in teh very near future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OK I am receiving some more info from the same friend called Peter. It is worth the read.

approx 18 hrs ago

Good morning,

From my airport source in Bagdad, Talabani should be back in Iraq by Sunday. Maliki will be flying to the U. S. on Monday to meet with Obama and the U. N. to attempt to get all of chapter 7 out of the way. I am expecting announcements to come out of Iraq sometime after Wednesday night on into next week. I was told from 2 confident sources that on Switzerland forex the IQD was showing up at $#.13 and went up to $#.22, the VND was $.23 and went up to $.32. I was told they expect the rate to go live between Wednesday night and next Wednesday, just telling you what I was told. High ranking UST people are telling me the live rate will be released between Wednesday morning and this coming Sunday, this is just what I am hearing. I fully believe it will happen before the 21st. We can't ask for much more than where we stand right now.

God Bless,

Peter

approx 6 hrs ago

From seven different sources that they (lower denoms, coins) are there and they came with directions. In Columbus, Ohio (and other locations) Chase and Fifth/Third were doing currency exchange training yesterday. Why would they bring in their people on a holiday to do currency exchange training? Something they were anticipating. Everybody is still anticipating this month. Between now and the middle of the month anything can happen. US contracts in Iraq getting paid $#.41 rate. 9-4-2012 The banks are looking at this with the same expectation as we are right now. They are all saying the same thing. They are anticipating some currency changes, anticipating having to deal with a lot of Forex activity, and some major readjustments and people coming in; training tellers how to handle foreign currency. So when you see that you know that something is about ready to break.

God bless,

Peter

That's today so far.

a note: I purchased dinars about 3 years ago and that is my only involvment other than as all of hopefully cashing in in teh very near future.

I hope your sources are right, it's been a very discouraging time right now, and with Adam adjusting his projection to the end of the year due to the Libya (?) situation, I don't know what to think. God bless.

Funny the exact same thing is being spread by Hammerman, who is the worst of the worst in my opinion. By the way, the IQD is not traded on Forex. Staring at USD fluctuations, forex calculators and thinking every yahoo glitch means we RV'd is a futile exercise. Forex trading is done through a broker or market maker. Trader's choose a currency pair that they expect to change in value and place a trade. When you close your trade, the broker closes the position on the Interbank Market and credits your account with the loss or gain. If someone wants to determine the IQD rate in correlation to another form of currency, they can go about this procedure in a variety of ways. Upon completing the entry procedure, the results of the IQD exchange rate with regard to the respective currency will show the fluctuations but the Iraqi Dinar is not currently traded on the Forex Market. The IQD is a controlled currency. The CBI determines the exchange rate and must support that rate by maintaining adequate foreign currency reserves to handle capital flows across its borders and the IMF permits them to implement currency controls in order to stabilize their economy during its redevelopment phase. Presently, international banks will not accept the Dinar, and it is not traded on any Forex exchange. Actual purchases are made through currency dealers that have been authorized to buy and sell banknotes that are already in circulation. When a country decides to implement a large currency appreciation, in accordance with IMF approval and instruction, their Central Bank will send the adjusted rate to the BIS and from there it will be released to all Central Banks around the world simultaneously. This will not show up on Forex first because the IQD is not traded on Forex markets. These Forex rumors have persisted for years.

Here is the Hammerman rumor (which someone must have translated to English), this guy and his "imtel" is something dinarians should avoid like the plague. 9-12-2012 Intel Guru Hammerman From my airport source in Bagdad, Talabani should be back in Iraq by Sunday. Maliki will be flying to the U. S. on Monday to meet with Obama and the U. N. to attempt to get all of chapter 7 out of the way. I am expecting announcements to come out of Iraq sometime after Wednesday night on into next week. I was told from 2 confident sources that on Switzerland forex the IQD was showing up at $7.13 and went up to $9.22, the VND was $.23 and went up to $.32. I was told they expect the rate to go live between Wednesday night and next Wednesday, just telling you what I was told, but, we have been told this before. Can I confirm this, No! High ranking UST people are telling me the live rate will be released between Wednesday morning and this coming Sunday, this is just what I am hearing. I fully believe it will happen before the 21st, not fact, just my opinion. We can't ask for much more than where we stand right now.

• Upvote 3

Zig, I look forward to this as we all do and Peter is there with us. He is an interesting guy and obviously well educated and connected. I have never felt through his passing of info that he has/had secondary motivation. I am getting his info a day or so after he has collated his info, so teh time frame may be slightly behind. However, he has pulled a date for the short term - his people think by or before this weekend is over or the 21st of the month (Sept). The only thing that he is giving me that I am uncomfortable with is a generous RV rate ($'s). I have been reading the site for some years and folks here like keep'm and others of course have been very conservative and I more or less have bought into that line of thinking.

Zig, I look forward to this as we all do and Peter is there with us. He is an interesting guy and obviously well educated and connected. I have never felt through his passing of info that he has/had secondary motivation. I am getting his info a day or so after he has collated his info, so teh time frame may be slightly behind. However, he has pulled a date for the short term - his people think by or before this weekend is over or the 21st of the month (Sept). The only thing that he is giving me that I am uncomfortable with is a generous RV rate ( s). I have been reading the site for some years and folks here like keep'm and others of course have been very conservative and I more or less have bought into that line of thinking.

Well I think the rate will be better than what it is now. Once it comes out, I'm outta here and never looking back. I could not care less if they come out and say that they plan on gradually raising the rate. This is Iraq and anything can happen. So my advice to everyone is.....please don't be greedy!

SWFG, thx for your comments. I will be meeting Peter this PM or tomorrow because he wants to listen to our great Bernanke this afternoon. I am going to take my ipad along to throw this out at him. His response will tell me a lot. Hopefully I don't return apologizing for a BS rumour. I have to say the plagerism factor is VERY HIGH. I will be back tonight or tomorrow. I don't know anything about Hammerman. what is his site called? Pls let me know. What language does Hammerman write in?

• Upvote 1

SWFG, thx for your comments. I will be meeting Peter this PM or tomorrow because he wants to listen to our great Bernanke this afternoon. I am going to take my ipad along to throw this out at him. His response will tell me a lot. Hopefully I don't return apologizing for a BS rumour. I have to say the plagerism factor is VERY HIGH. I will be back tonight or tomorrow. I don't know anything about Hammerman. what is his site called? Pls let me know. What language does Hammerman write in?

Hammerman has been banned from many sites for being a habitual liar, manufacturing rumors and begging for money from members. I exposed this a while back when he lied about having bank screen shots of a RVd rate. He's at hammerchat.com now I believe. As far as the language, he is fluent in bad English. Anyway, this is just a heads up to maybe pass along to your friend and good seeing you. :)

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 2

approx 18 hrs ago

Good morning,

God Bless,

Peter

approx 6 hrs ago

God bless,

Peter

That's today so far.

Ok just a heads up I recognize all of those actually. That's 3 different rumors just copied and pasted from other sites. Your friend looks to simply be taking their names off and forwarding.

• Upvote 3

I know most would like to think that Iraq can press this so called button at any time & we become rich or far better of than we once was.

I just don’t think they can do that.

Venezuela when they devalued or redenominated their currency it took 18 months to do so, first they had to pass the law then get as much info to the public as possible, then god knows how many different things behind the scenes we don’t even know about.

Surely if Iraq is going to RV then this will have to be the case too?

You just cant hit this imaginary button & over night the Iraqis know what just went down, pricing of every day items will be different, labelling of goods sold in shops would have to be changed, petrol, water, electric (When its on LOL) gas.

Everything overnight would be different.

So I just cant see this happening when we sleep, it has to be planned in advance over a period of time that will be announced.

Just a small bit of info that I have found from the link below sums this up for me

http://www.bcv.org.v...ion=2&Sec=False

“Currency redenomination doesn’t boil down to a simple process of issuing new currency (banknotes and coins) or eliminating others (demonetization). It also implies a redenomination of the nominal prices of goods and services, wages and salaries, loans and debts, adjustments in accounting processes and in calculation systems, among others”

Just my Opinion nothing else

I'm curious as to what you think this can't pop quickly Zantac.

Especially considering what your contact supposedly said to you a while back.

From the way you posted it sure didn't seem that your contact thought this was going to be a drawn out deal much longer.