Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki has vowed to Washington to search Iranian planes going to Damascus and McCain demanded the involvement of the Sunnis and Kurds in the process

yota691

Maliki has vowed to Washington to search Iranian planes going to Damascus and McCain demanded the involvement of the Sunnis and Kurds in the process

02-p28-i15764.jpg

Fighter against Assad calls Rabbo after the prayer (a. Q.)

Tehran offered to Baghdad a security agreement and "line Urubi" within the Iraqi government aborted the idea

Maliki asked the U.S. Congress delegation pressure on Doha and Ankara to prevent the arming of the Syrian opposition

Baghdad ¯ Basil Muhammad:

capitals - Agencies:

witnessed talks delegation of American congressmen with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Baghdad a few days ago, a lot of tugging and المشادات, on file Iranian intervention across Iraq, to support the regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

Sources told the "coalition state law, "headed by Maliki's ¯" policy "that the U.S. delegation, which included John McCain and Joseph Lieberman and Lindsey Graham got commitments from Maliki searched cargo planes Iranian destined to Syria through Iraqi airspace if there accurate intelligence.

The sources said that al-Maliki had agreed to enter American planes in the skies of Iraq when necessary to intercept Iranian planes to force it to land at Iraqi airports when it comes to the existence of weapons already be transferred to forces Assad, adding that Prime Minister suggested inspection aircraft questionable in Najaf International Airport or any airports Iraqi military without means This post U.S. experts.

Sources Maliki's coalition that Senator McCain asked Maliki to form a working group Iraqi military comprises Sunni and Kurdish to participate in inspections of aircraft Iranian suspicious transfer of weapons and military equipment to the Assad regime at the same time expressed the McCain displeasure because Baghdad wants to hold inspections possible at the airport in Najaf's local government close to Iran, because of the fear that is not the inspection in a professional and effective.

In contrast, according to sources Maliki, the latter asked the U.S. delegation during talks with Iraqi leaders over the weekend, that you Washington pressing Ankara and Doha to prevent arming the Syrian opposition, if the United States is serious in its fight against the transit cargo planes Iranian assumed loaded with weapons to Syria via Iraq.

in context, MP said the "coalition of state law," Ali Fayad's ¯ "policy" that al-Maliki ready to take deterrent measures against Iran if it showed evidence that cargo planes Iranian involved in the transfer of weapons and experts to Syria through Iraqi airspace.

said Fayad said the government of Iraqi Prime Minister al-Maliki is keen to strengthen security relationship and exchange information with Washington, because it forms the basis and essence of agreement strategic framework between the two countries and therefore can not allow Iran to harm the relationship Iraqi-American, because they relationship based on clarity and confidence.

stressed Fayad that inspections potential for cargo planes Iranian passing through the sky Iraqi to Syria must be handled by the Iraqi government exclusively because that part of Iraqi sovereignty and the U.S. government understands this.

Moreover, MP said the coalition of the "Iraqi" (Prime Minister Iyad Allawi) Hamza Dawood Alkrtani for ¯ "policy" that the U.S. delegation presented important information and real owners, on cooperation uncertain between Baghdad and Tehran to cross the cargo planes Iranian to Syria to support Assad .

added Alkrtani that this information does not indicate that al-Maliki was involved or an accomplice in the process of cargo planes Iranian, but bears full responsibility as commander in chief of the armed forces is the executive, which has the power to stop any foreign interventions of this kind.

revealed Alkrtani for the Iranian government offered Three months ago, on Maliki to conclude a security agreement military is that "line Arabism" in the Iraqi government was able to abort the attempt that nearly involvement in Iraq relations more dependency with Iran and its interests in the region.

According Alkrtani the U.S. embassy, ​​which includes more than five thousand employees civilian and military intelligence, which is the largest U.S. embassy in the world able to play a vital role in the face of Iranian interference in the Iraq, including intervention to support the Assad regime through Iraqi airspace.

saw Alkrtani that US-Iranian relations, which saw a lot of coordination during the occupation of Iraq in 2003 This continued coordination over the past years, experiencing at present tense because the Syrian crisis and therefore can be considered that this coordination which had previously been dropped now because of the Syrian crisis and its repercussions.

Meanwhile, accused President "Board of Trustees of the Syrian revolution" Haitham al-Maleh, the Iraqi government to prepare for the delivery of the Assad regime dissidents Syrian military, refused to Undersecretary of the Ministry of Interior Adnan al-Asadi these accusations.

also warned salty Iraqi authorities of having delivered some Syrian refugees, especially officers dissidents and military, because of the flagrant violation of the right of political asylum, and international human rights.

On the other hand, the Ministry of Interior rejected and denounced the bombing, which involved a missile Qaim area, stressing that the Iraqi forces will be ready to respond and respond in the event of a recurrence of such process. http://www.al-seyassah.com/AtricleView/tabid/59/smid/438/ArticleID/207876/reftab/92/Default.aspx

• Upvote 3

said Fayad said the government of Iraqi Prime Minister al-Maliki is keen to strengthen security relationship and exchange information with Washington, because it forms the basis and essence of agreement strategic framework between the two countries and therefore can not allow Iran to harm the relationship Iraqi-American, because they relationship based on clarity and confidence.

Yota thanks once again for finding the golden nugget in the post.

Whats the point of searching the plains now?

because there is no transgression for allowing humanitarian efforts to pass through iraq. they will check the planes for any military type cargo.

And we believe that he will really do this because......................................?? :lol:

dont underestimate the power of the strategic framework agreement. they will do it because of contractual obligations with the united states and the international community. if iraq violates the contract of which they are a signatory to, the economic repercussions will be devastating for that country.

• Upvote 3

Yota thanks once again for finding the golden nugget in the post.

because there is no transgression for allowing humanitarian efforts to pass through iraq. they will check the planes for any military type cargo.

dont underestimate the power of the strategic framework agreement. they will do it because of contractual obligations with the united states and the international community. if iraq violates the contract of which they are a signatory to, the economic repercussions will be devastating for that country.

It sounds to me that Maliki could care less. He has already violated the agreement.

It sounds to me that Maliki could care less. He has already violated the agreement.

i beg to differ my friend....truly, i beg to differ. please consider this. i can't prove it and it is a stretch but please consider it.

maliki's goose is cooked because the united states intelligence has attained all the files on his adverse behavior. Yota posted an article back in august....let me dig it up.....here it is , and this flew over possibly 99% of the communities head. it had to do with abdul-qader al-obeidi, maliki's military advisor (not to be confused with al-obeidi the selection for defense ministery). this guy was the FORMER defense minister and he disappeared......really? did he really just up-in-smoke vanish from the face of the earth? LOL FAT CHANCE. according to a separate article:

A close source to the Iraqi government, who asked not to be named, told "Shafaq News", that "the former Iraqi Defense Minister, Abdul-Qader al-Obeidi has disappeared while traveling to the United States and no one knows his fate
until now.
"

and from Yota's article:

escape
and defense minister of Iraq's past, "Abdul Qader al-Obeidi
"
against the backdrop of corrupted files Mali
(~i believe the article misprinted Maliki~)

so we see that maliki's government was in a tizzy about this man missing (escaping) with all communication to him being cutoff because he carries with him highly sensitive information. they begged the iraqi embassy in washington for assistance locating him but he really wasn't missing.....he defected to the united states. the united states now has all kinds of files on maliki. this happened mid august and what do we see happen beginning of september? a SURPRISE visit by the hawks of the united states to the front office of maliki with evidence of his dealings contrary to the SFA. there are no longer any secrets of al-maliki. the united states intelligence knows all and you bet your bottom line that mccain has made it abundantly clear that they know all even more so than the article Carrello and I posted the other day details. at this point their is enough to arrest this guy. i imagine that he has worked out some kind of a deal to smooth things out behind the scenes (we will never know in actuality).

in a nutshell though, maliki is done. no more games.

• Upvote 6

i beg to differ my friend....truly, i beg to differ. please consider this. i can't prove it and it is a stretch but please consider it.

maliki's goose is cooked because the united states intelligence has attained all the files on his adverse behavior. Yota posted an article back in august....let me dig it up.....here it is , and this flew over possibly 99% of the communities head. it had to do with abdul-qader al-obeidi, maliki's military advisor (not to be confused with al-obeidi the selection for defense ministery). this guy was the FORMER defense minister and he disappeared......really? did he really just up-in-smoke vanish from the face of the earth? LOL FAT CHANCE. according to a separate article:

A close source to the Iraqi government, who asked not to be named, told "Shafaq News", that "the former Iraqi Defense Minister, Abdul-Qader al-Obeidi has disappeared while traveling to the United States and no one knows his fate
until now.
"

and from Yota's article:

escape
and defense minister of Iraq's past, "Abdul Qader al-Obeidi
"
against the backdrop of corrupted files Mali
(~i believe the article misprinted Maliki~)

so we see that maliki's government was in a tizzy about this man missing (escaping) with all communication to him being cutoff because he carries with him highly sensitive information. they begged the iraqi embassy in washington for assistance locating him but he really wasn't missing.....he defected to the united states. the united states now has all kinds of files on maliki. this happened mid august and what do we see happen beginning of september? a SURPRISE visit by the hawks of the united states to the front office of maliki with evidence of his dealings contrary to the SFA. there are no longer any secrets of al-maliki. the united states intelligence knows all and you bet your bottom line that mccain has made it abundantly clear that they know all even more so than the article Carrello and I posted the other day details. at this point their is enough to arrest this guy. i imagine that he has worked out some kind of a deal to smooth things out behind the scenes (we will never know in actuality).

in a nutshell though, maliki is done. no more games.

I concur with all the above trintyeXchange, your statement is a repeat of what I been told back in Dec!! Thanks for laying it out for everybody!!

• Upvote 5

I love you guys. You sure make my coffee taste good this morning! :D I was reading the State Department Briefings earlier this week and Trinity, yota so cooincides the briefing. I just wish they would give more info on how they are going to deal with Maliki.

This one is from the 5th,

QUESTION: Can I ask you, since there’s been various reports and some U.S. senators have spoken about it, could you kind of outline exactly what your suspicions are concerning Iranian weapons, deliveries to Syria, and Iraqi airspace?

MR. VENTRELL: Well, Brad, we think it’s – that the Iranians have been very clear, and they’ll stop at nothing to continue to support the Syrian regime. And they’ve been very open about that. It’s doing little – the Iranians are doing little to hide their hand. And so we’ve expressed some concerns to our Iraqi partners, and Iraq has taken steps in the past to meet their international obligations. Just to go over those, all states have a responsibility under UN Security Council Resolution 1747 to seek to prevent the export of Iranian arms. Moreover, under Resolution 1929, passed in 2010, all states need to inspect all cargo that – to and from Iran in their territory if they have information that provides reasonable grounds to believe the cargo contains prohibited items.

So we’ve been pretty clear in communicating that to the Iraqis, and it’s something that’s a matter of ongoing discussion between us and our Iraqi partners.

QUESTION: So you feel that – you are convinced that Iran is sending weapons via Iraqi airspace?

MR. VENTRELL: Beyond saying that this is an issue we’ve raised with our Iraqi partners, I’m not going to go beyond that.

QUESTION: And then what have you provided – you said, even in the sanctions language, you have to have some sort of belief that this is occurring. Have you helped provide evidence to the Iraqis? They say they’re waiting for evidence from you.

MR. VENTRELL: Well, I’m not going to get into our private diplomatic discussions in great detail with the Iraqis, but suffice it to say it’s something we’ve raised in the past, it’s something that they took steps to address in the past, and they have a responsibility to continue to do so.

QUESTION: When did the relapse occur?

MR. VENTRELL: I’m not going to get into characterizing it beyond that.

QUESTION: What has been the response from Baghdad to your request for things such as searching cargo shipments and things like that? Have they said that they would comply? Will they --

MR. VENTRELL: I mean, again, I’m not going to get into our private diplomatic discussions with the Iraqis. Obviously, we have a robust partnership with them. It’s a country that we have a Strategic Framework Agreement with, and so we have intensive and ongoing discussions with Iraqis – with the Iraqis about a wide range of subjects, and this is certainly one that we’ve raised very directly with them and at senior levels.

QUESTION: What kind of recourse do you have if it’s not met? Is there something you can do? Can you go to the UN and sort of say to them, “We believe this is happening; we want some kind of enforcement?”

MR. VENTRELL: I mean, we expect Iraq as a member in good standing of the international community and as a strategic partner of the United States to meet its international obligations.

QUESTION: When is the last time you brought this issue up with them?

MR. VENTRELL: It’s something that we continue to raise with them.

QUESTION: So since the meeting with senators, you’ve – today, has it been brought up?

MR. VENTRELL: Well, I mean, the senators have raised it, but obviously, in terms of us as a government, the U.S. as the Administration, I can tell you that Assistant Secretary Beth Jones was in Iraq and just left because of the Media Note we put out about her talks. And so she had a wide range of discussions with her Iraqi interlocutors. And so this is something that we’ve raised and will continue to do so.

QUESTION: But – sorry.

MR. VENTRELL: Dana, go ahead.

QUESTION: But a spokesman for the Iraqi Prime Minister is publicly saying that they would like evidence; if someone could bring them evidence, then they would take the necessary actions.

MR. VENTRELL: I mean, again, I’m not going to get into our private discussions with the Iraqis. Suffice it to say that --

QUESTION: But they’re publicly saying that – they’re saying that no one’s brought them the evidence publicly.

MR. VENTRELL: I’m telling you it’s something we’ve raised with the Iraqis in great detail, but I’m not going to go further than that.

QUESTION: What do you want Iraq to do? You want them to send up their air force?

MR. VENTRELL: Actually, the easiest way, we think, is for them to require these aircraft to land and be inspected in Iraqi territory.

QUESTION: And how would they require that? What force do they have? Do they have any aerial assets that would be able to enforce that requirement?

MR. VENTRELL: Well, my understanding is that there are international agreements in terms of how aircraft transiting airspace are required to comply with local requirements. So --

QUESTION: Are you offering help to the Iraqis to enforce control over their airspace?

MR. VENTRELL: Well, as you know, the strategic partnership agreement, which set forth our – the Strategic Framework Agreement, which set forth our partnership, had a number of elements to it. But Iraq has full control of its sovereignty and its airspace since we handed that back to the Iraqis.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2012/09/197369.htm#SYRIA

• Upvote 5

Iran, after kicking out UN nuclear inspectors vowed to police themselves. We know how that went over.

Maliki, a Iran agent, will allow Iran to search its own planes for illegal contraban.

Obama is silent on this one.

You know, please explain to me your statement if you don't mind. How do you know what the White House is doing? The President hasn't comeout with a press conference or release and addressed what is being done. Does the the above State Department document not give you any clues at all? Private, private, private. Or are you part of the Private Team, a presidential confidant that knows what is or what is not going on?

My sincere thanks go to Trinity, Butifidrm, and all the rest that truly contribute on this site. They take their time and intellegence to provide information for all of us to understand where we are with this "investment". They are an asset and should be listened to. Bumper stickers slogans and comments do nothing for the understanding of Iraq. My hat is off to you guys, and you all know who you are. :tiphat: It is so refreshing to wake up, get a cup of coffee and get it read what Trinity has come up with during the night. What a way to start a day! ;)

Edited by Bumper64
removed the word "stupid" to stop trouble
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

QUESTION: What has been the response from Baghdad to your request for things such as searching cargo shipments and things like that? Have they said that they would comply? Will they -

MR. VENTRELL: I mean, again, I’m not going to get into our private diplomatic discussions with the Iraqis. Obviously, we have a robust partnership with them. It’s a country that we have a Strategic Framework Agreement with, and so we have intensive and ongoing discussions with Iraqis – with the Iraqis about a wide range of subjects, and this is certainly one that we’ve raised very directly with them and at senior levels.

MR. VENTRELL: I mean, we expect Iraq as a member in good standing of the international community and as a strategic partner of the United States to meet its international obligations.

QUESTION: But a spokesman for the Iraqi Prime Minister is publicly saying that they would like evidence; if someone could bring them evidence, then they would take the necessary actions.

QUESTION: But they’re publicly saying that – they’re saying that no one’s brought them the evidence publicly.

MR. VENTRELL: Well, my understanding is that there are international agreements in terms of how aircraft transiting airspace are required to comply with local requirements. So --

QUESTION: Are you offering help to the Iraqis to enforce control over their airspace?

MR. VENTRELL: Well, as you know, the strategic partnership agreement, which set forth our – the Strategic Framework Agreement, which set forth our partnership, had a number of elements to it. But Iraq has full control of its sovereignty and its airspace since we handed that back to the Iraqis.

http://www.state.gov...97369.htm#SYRIA

thank you Butifldrm! thank you, thank you, thank you. +'s to you all this morning! (except for my good friend Luigi laugh.gif - no love lost though)

i'm so glad for our study on the strategic framework agreement. it has really solidified for us in detail iraq's obligation both to the united states as well as to the international community of which it is working to become a full fledged member.

i don't believe that the united states has to publicly deal with maliki at this time. they have already let him know that they have found him in violation of the SFA as well as transgressions against the international community. he has become a threat to both the democracy of iraq and the rule of non-interference in a sovereign nation's internal affairs (syria). what is worse is that they have him for aiding and abetting iran, a nation place on sanctions by the international community.

you couldn't write a better novel on this than what we are seeing right now. incredible stuff. maliki has underestimated the power of american intelligence and al-obeidi's escape to the states was most likely never expected. with al-obeidi, iraq's former defense minister and now maliki's defense advisor, providing intel to the united states, maliki has no secrets or places to hide. in my opinion al-obeidi, for the love of his nation, had to do something to prevent this dictator who was putting iraq in a position to go down in flames. maliki was playing a stupid and dangerous game. you can't have cake and eat it too. you can't sign contracts and violate those agreements without repercussions. if iraq was to come under the same sanctions iran is under, that country already living in extreme poverty with nothing but oil to export, would be devastated. they would literally fall back into the stone age. it is extreme stupidity to play that game and al-obeidi said "you fool, not on my watch!"

so yeah, there is a lot mr. ventrell said in that interview without actually saying. i know how to read between the lines. they really don't want this public but prefer to deal with it privately for now. if they bring it all public, the outcry against iraq will become grave and it will certainly delay any type of economic expectations we investors are looking forward too. there are a lot of people interested in seeing iraq re-emerge.....us included. i am glad to see how the united states is dealing with this. let maliki know that if he doesn't play ball and allow this government to enter into democracy, his goose is cooked.

so let's just say that maliki is now extremely motivated to get iraq to the place we've all been expecting. the squeeze is on and leverage is pressuring this guy to act right and act fast.

i love it. be blessed my friends.

oh! one last thing. i wanted to bring to light EXACTLY what this guy is saying without saying it about the airspace thing:

LOL! my friends we are wiser now that we KNOW the SFA in much detail. here is the piece he is referring to. i love it i love it i love it! at any time, iraq can call upon temporary military support of the united states to force iranian aircraft out of iraqi airspace.

SFA Section I: Principles of Cooperation

3. The temporary presence of U.S. forces in Iraq ís at the request and invitation

of the sovereign Government of Iraq and with full respect for the sovereignty

of Iraq.

• Upvote 1

thank you Butifldrm! thank you, thank you, thank you. +'s to you all this morning!

YW, trinity. :D I always like to compare what our government is saying as to the Iraqi news. As far as your estimation on what has transpired here, you couldn't be more exact. Thanks for all your hard work and thanks Carrello and yota too :D

• Upvote 1

You know, you say some stupid things, but please explain to me your statement if you don't mind. How do you know what the White House is doing? The President hasn't comeout with a press conference or release and addressed what is being done. Does the the above State Department document not give you any clues at all? Private, private, private. Or are you part of the Private Team, a presidential confidant that knows what is or what is not going on?

My sincere thanks go to Trinity, Butifidrm, and all the rest that truly contribute on this site. They take their time and intellegence to provide information for all of us to understand where we are with this "investment". They are an asset and should be listened to. Bumper stickers slogans and comments do nothing for the understanding of Iraq. My hat is off to you guys, and you all know who you are. :tiphat: It is so refreshing to wake up, get a cup of coffee and get it read what Trinity has come up with during the night. What a way to start a day! ;)

Look no further than Obamas track record dealing with Iran.

Iran views Obama as weak on foreign policies and sees Obama as a pushover.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Question: notwithstanding my full agreement with Yota and Trinity...........what do you honestly believe might happen if Iran, while making an attempted flight across Iraqi, is challenged by a US Fighter Jet to land in Baghdad for a search but instead Iran decides to ignore the request (challenge) and is ultimately shot down by the US Fighter Jet??? Not a trick question, but a supposition....................and a scary thought regards the consequences!!

Question: notwithstanding my full agreement with Yota and Trinity...........what do you honestly believe might happen if Iran, while making an attempted flight across Iraqi, is challenged by a US Fighter Jet to land in Baghdad for a search but instead Iran decides to ignore the request (challenge) and is ultimately shot down by the US Fighter Jet??? Not a trick question, but a supposition....................and a scary thought regards the consequences!!

not the first or last time an aircraft entering into sovereign space, without permission, is shot down. the act will be highly respected by the international community because every sovereign nation reserves the right to defend their land, sea and air from trespass.

not the first or last time an aircraft entering into sovereign space, without permission, is shot down. the act will be highly respected by the international community because every sovereign nation reserves the right to defend their land, sea and air from trespass.

Thanks for the response, I agree fully...............my assumption is if the shoot-down is adminstered by a US FIGHTER over Iraqi airspace, it be considered a proxy?

Thanks for the response, I agree fully...............my assumption is if the shoot-down is adminstered by a US FIGHTER over Iraqi airspace, it be considered a proxy?

yes any type of military action of that type happening in iraq will be by the volition of the iraqi government even if it is carried out by a foreigner. iraq can hire mercenaries, invite foreign military and anything else it wants to do to protect its borders. it is the right of a sovereign.

Look no further than Obamas track record dealing with Iran.

Iran views Obama as weak on foreign policies and sees Obama as a pushover.

I wonder how weak President Obama looks to the people affected by the value of their very own currency? Here is an Iranian article from this morning on the sanctions and the affects on the rial. Refreshments are in the lobby.

Iran's Currency Continues To Get Crushed By Sanctions

AP|Sep. 9, 2012, 9:41 AM|1,460|11

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's currency hit a record low against the U.S. dollar in street trading, the semiofficial Mehr news agency reported Sunday.

Mehr says the rial dropped nearly 7 percent in a single day, to 24,300 rials to the dollar. Street traders say the rial rose slightly later on Sunday to around 23,900 rials to the dollar.

The collapse of the currency is a sign of the effect of Western sanctions over Iran's nuclear program. The West suspects Iran is aiming to build nuclear weapons, a charge Iran denies.

On July 1, the European Union banned import of Iranian oil, and the U.S. tightened sanctions against Iran's banks.

On Friday, Canada cut diplomatic relations with Iran over its nuclear program, support for Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime and the country's poor record on human rights issues.

Governor of Iran's central bank, Mahmoud Bahmanai, said the plunge of the rial was the result of a rush on the market by buyers seeking to obtain the dollar, rather than other economic reasons.

The current official rate is 12,260 rials to the dollar, used only for special purposes such as importing food and medicines.

Last week, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran faced "barriers" to transfer its oil revenue into the country because of the sanctions. Crude export account for about 80 percent of Iran's foreign currency revenue.

Also Sunday, lawmaker Ahmad Tavakkoli criticized the government for allegedly failing to provide enough hard currency. He said that for the past two weeks, the Ahmadinejad administration refused to supply the market with hard currency.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/iran-currency-rial-2012-9#ixzz2610WhkbB

I wonder how weak President Obama looks to the people affected by the value of their very own currency? Here is an Iranian article from this morning on the sanctions and the affects on the rial. Refreshments are in the lobby.

Iran's Currency Continues To Get Crushed By Sanctions

AP|Sep. 9, 2012, 9:41 AM|1,460|11

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's currency hit a record low against the U.S. dollar in street trading, the semiofficial Mehr news agency reported Sunday.

Mehr says the rial dropped nearly 7 percent in a single day, to 24,300 rials to the dollar. Street traders say the rial rose slightly later on Sunday to around 23,900 rials to the dollar.

The collapse of the currency is a sign of the effect of Western sanctions over Iran's nuclear program. The West suspects Iran is aiming to build nuclear weapons, a charge Iran denies.

On July 1, the European Union banned import of Iranian oil, and the U.S. tightened sanctions against Iran's banks.

On Friday, Canada cut diplomatic relations with Iran over its nuclear program, support for Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime and the country's poor record on human rights issues.

Governor of Iran's central bank, Mahmoud Bahmanai, said the plunge of the rial was the result of a rush on the market by buyers seeking to obtain the dollar, rather than other economic reasons.

The current official rate is 12,260 rials to the dollar, used only for special purposes such as importing food and medicines.

Last week, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran faced "barriers" to transfer its oil revenue into the country because of the sanctions. Crude export account for about 80 percent of Iran's foreign currency revenue.

Also Sunday, lawmaker Ahmad Tavakkoli criticized the government for allegedly failing to provide enough hard currency. He said that for the past two weeks, the Ahmadinejad administration refused to supply the market with hard currency.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/iran-currency-rial-2012-9#ixzz2610WhkbB

Maliki interference And stall tactics were to buy Iran more time to cash in IQD for USD. Maliki gets USD off the streets while Iran stockpiles USD.

This may explain Maliki delays in holding up the RV.