Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor Rumor from Iraq

iluvdinar!

Ok so I never post, because quite frankly, I don't have any "contacts" or "intel." However, I do have a cousin, and american, who works in Iraq. She's been over there a few years. Anyway, we have never talked to her about our investment because we just tend to hold our cards close. Anyhow, my grandmother was thinking of buying some and got in touch with her via her mother. Hope that's not too confusing. Anyway, she said, the cousin in Iraq, she bought dinar herself a while back. And that we should too. (of course we already had) Alot of her co-workers own it as well. She said it is pretty common knowledge that the government intends to revalue and follow in the footsteps of Kuwait. She said when she bought it she shipped it home to the US. She said she is no longer able to do that. She also said her boss, who is "heavily invested", told her that he's heard it will RV by the end of this month! (not from this site lol)

Now, please don't bash. I almost didn't share because I didn't want to be bashed, but I felt compelled, since I find so much valuable information here from all of you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a e-mail i got .... should help you ..........From CURRENCY TRADE CHAT ORIGINAL POST

The ‘gurus’ seem to be recanting their previous statements for the most part and saying the RV is to occur within the next few weeks. Sound familiar? And I don’t even count any contacts to be my close personal friends, CBI contacts, Treasury contacts, bankers or White House sources.

So how could these conclusions and opinions be made [and said first, if you recall] when I don’t have these close personal associates?

Simple.

Research. Following the breadcrumbs. Sometimes the breadcrumbs lead in directions that may not be the direction you expect but they always lead you down the right path.

Looks like it’s time to tie up some loose ends. And in my opinion, that’s exactly what I sense is happening right now, at the CBI. I believe that once these details are addressed, the CBI will take actions necessary to bring their currency to the global market.

I don’t think that there’s much more to do. All of the major obstacles have been overcome, or are near completion.

For Example: United Nations and Chapter VII

Iraq has made great strides over the last couple of weeks. They’ve received incredible support by virtually every country for release of the Sanctions. So much support that it’s too numerous to count.

Points to Review: WMDs:

Baghdad has already signed the Additional Protocol to the IAEA and submitted to parliament for final approval and agreed to implement it temporarily until the entry into force and has also pledged not to develop nuclear weapons or chemical or biological weapons again

Kuwait

Although there are still discussions related to Kuwait’s MIA’s, continued debt and border disputes, there’s been great strides building the relationship between the two countries.

Al-Jarallah assures that Kuwait does not stand in the way of money out of Iraq’s Chapter VII

http://www.youtube.c…player_embedded

Iraq names first envoy to Kuwait in two decades

http://www.khaleejti…tion=middleeast

Kuwait is coming along nicely.

Financial and Economic

There are very few obstacles yet to be addressed by Iraq. Only one stands out, at present:

“…They called on the authorities to remove the remaining exchange restrictions under Fund jurisdiction. Directors also encouraged the central bank to fully implement the recommendations of the previous safeguards assessment and looked forward to its update. The need to preserve central bank independence was particularly emphasized. Further steps are necessary to strengthen reserve management, banking supervision and prudential regulations, and the AML/CFT framework….”

http://www.imf.org/e…2010/pn1034.htm

To my mind, this means the exchange rate. And further, for the CBI to continue to strengthen their reserves.

As discussed earlier, CBI’s Governor Shabibi is an extremely fiscally conservative individual. He’s just announced yet another 10 billion USD will be returned to the reserve.

And finally: Election Day

An incredible success in the eyes of many, and the successful conclusion of two tests

1. The Election itself went off successfully without sectarian division.

2.The Election went off with less violence than could have been anticipated. And the Iraq Security Forces were well in control, thus proving that they are now ready, willing and above all, able to look after their country and make it safe for their own citizens. Something that was not fathomable years ago.

And what does the IMF have to say?

Here’s their review. Very positive, actually

http://www.imf.org/e…2010/pn1034.htm

One paragraph stands out:

“…Directors supported the central bank’s objective of aiming monetary and exchange rate policies at keeping core inflation in single digits. They called on the authorities to remove the remaining exchange restrictions under Fund jurisdiction. Directors also encouraged the central bank to fully implement the recommendations of the previous safeguards assessment and looked forward to its update. The need to preserve central bank independence was particularly emphasized. Further steps are necessary to strengthen reserve management, banking supervision and prudential regulations, and the AML/CFT framework….”

http://www.un.org/Ne…/sc9827.doc.htm

“…Calls upon the Government of Iraq to put in place the necessary action plan and timeline by 1 April 2010 and to ensure the timely and effective transition to a post-Development Fund mechanism by 31 December 2010…”

The financial action plan must be in place by 1 April 2010.

What’s left to be done?

After the Elections:

1.These laws are passed but yet to be ratified:

IFL

HCL

Both will have a positive financial impact on the country. The CBI will want these in place to finalize its’ plans in planning for a stable reserve, as well as strengthening their position in the international marketplace; both with oil contracts, and foreign investors who are anxious to do business in Iraq. I think the timetable will be affected by the ratification of these laws.

The Hague Agreement concerning WMD’s must be signed immediately after confirmation of the Iraqi Government.

Another point.

PM Maliki gave reference to the CBI was in the process of finalizing a study concerning the currency exchange. Obviously this must become public knowledge. I believe this to be a very important document, which will give light to Iraq’s plans. Watch this space.

There is a very important meeting of the IMF on the 23 &24th of March. Could the release of the study happen then?

UN High Level Financial Meeting

Study to be finalized and presented

http://www.un.org/esa/ffd/index.htm

http://www.un.org/es…D2010/index.htm

http://www.un.org/es…ldebt/index.htm

http://www.un.org/es…aration_FFD.pdf

Shabibi’s profile:

http://www.cbi.iq/thecbi.html

http://www.un-ngls.o…php?article1588

I’ve already said that the RV will occur on or around April 1st. I believe that what yet needs to be accomplished and it can be accomplished by that date.

Barring any delays, I haven’t seen anything that would change my mind.

You can find all sorts of opinions on the rate, but no one knows for sure.

Just tying up the loose ends.

Do not bet your kid’s lunch money, rent or car payments, etc. This is just research. I am not here to boost the sales of certain individuals or make money for anyone else. I am just providing the research in a readable fashion so you can make your own informed decision instead of having to listen to guys who twist every event into “it’s happening tomorrow”.

Research assistance provided by IceQueen.

What you had to say seems to be the most honest and sensible because of the lack of hype, i for one am encouraged even more. I wish we could get these election results out so there would be one less thing to hold this up. I cetainally waiver on whether I will just get my money back or be able to be part of a once in a life time event that could not only help me but my extended family. More importantly allow me to be able to stop "making a living" to "pursuing my passion" without the worry of a paycheck.

I hope you are correct...however, the one issue I have is that Kuwait never revalued their currency...well let me correct that...they have done a couple of very small revalues (penny's). But the one that is most talked about in connection with the Dinar nevery happened. Their currency never changed it's offical value...it just wasn't worth anything when Suddam invaded so people sold it for penny's on the dollar. So that alone makes me a little leary of the rumor.

As a trained craps dealer in las vegas, I prefer to stick the cash in a safety deposit box and pour a tall one and watch basketball... its far more interesting than all of this overintellectualized, research based, guru heard, intell driven claptrap....

What you had to say seems to be the most honest and sensible because of the lack of hype, i for one am encouraged even more. I wish we could get these election results out so there would be one less thing to hold this up. I cetainally waiver on whether I will just get my money back or be able to be part of a once in a life time event that could not only help me but my extended family. More importantly allow me to be able to stop "making a living" to "pursuing my passion" without the worry of a paycheck.
I couldn't have said it better, this is how I feel. I do believe you will be persuing your passions soon. Thanks

Thank You Iluvdinar &

Thank You Whisky Runner...!

Both of you gave us some wonderful information to help us keep our perspective POSITIVE, as we eagerly await the outcome of what we're all hoping for - a positive RV.

Be Blessed Everyone,

RON ;)

As a trained craps dealer in las vegas, I prefer to stick the cash in a safety deposit box and pour a tall one and watch basketball... its far more interesting than all of this overintellectualized, research based, guru heard, intell driven claptrap....

I have no idea what that means in relation to the post

I hope you are correct...however, the one issue I have is that Kuwait never revalued their currency...well let me correct that...they have done a couple of very small revalues (penny's). But the one that is most talked about in connection with the Dinar nevery happened. Their currency never changed it's offical value...it just wasn't worth anything when Suddam invaded so people sold it for penny's on the dollar. So that alone makes me a little leary of the rumor.

I think she was referring to the value of kuwaits currency and their place in the international market, not necessarily the exact steps they took to get there. And, by the way if they do follow in their footseps exactly, and revalue in pennies a couple times, then let it rise with the market to over $3, I would be very happy! But I appreciate your right to be "leary", even though you do it condescendingly. I'm just trying to be kind and pass along what I've heard.