Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi politician: U.S. hawks are upset of Maliki's support for the Assad regime

Thanks, TE. I think you're exactly right. Big Brother doesn't spend a trillion dollars and lose 4500 lives to be made to look like a fool by one idiot who wants to play dictator. We own this guy now, and he better get with the program, or he's gonna end up like Milosevic or Saddam.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, TE. I think you're exactly right. Big Brother doesn't spend a trillion dollars and lose 4500 lives to be made to look like a fool by one idiot who wants to play dictator. We own this guy now, and he better get with the program, or he's gonna end up like Milosevic or Saddam.

Milosevic or Saddam? I could go either way with that one. Take your pick and do it!

• Upvote 2

Just bigger problems everyday. we think we are moving forward...then its a mile backwards. this debacle..followed by barzani threatening war on baghdad or succession from iraq, creating an independent state. Here again we sit at the brink of chaos

Did you mean to respond to this post? I read this as very good news. We've got him backed into a corner, and according to another post by Yota this morning, Maliki is ready to seat the defense minister. Buck up. It's a good day.

• Upvote 3

Just bigger problems everyday. we think we are moving forward...then its a mile backwards. this debacle..followed by barzani threatening war on baghdad or succession from iraq, creating an independent state. Here again we sit at the brink of chaos

lol dont be so depressing alot of it is just words... only believe half of what you read when it comes to Iraq or for any main source media for that matter. Keep a positive outlook.

Did you mean to respond to this post? I read this as very good news. We've got him backed into a corner, and according to another post by Yota this morning, Maliki is ready to seat the defense minister. Buck up. It's a good day.

I agree this is good news Maliki is only a puppet and will never ever be able to accomplish dictatorship we will NOT let that occur.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

Of course this is good news! The U.S. and the UNSC are involved. Coincidentally, the two most important factions for a Chapter 7 release, and both influential with the IMF. If Iraq is ever going to crawl out of the stone age, they need the these two entities to approve it. Peeing in their Wheaties like this is NOT going to get that done, and they WILL hang the Chapter 7 approval over their heads until they get their way. Iran CANNOT provide Iraq international standing. If Iraq DOESN'T get worldwide acceptance, the knuckleheads in their government right now might as well not even run for office in the upcoming elections, because they will have "lost face" with the people, and their opponents will rip them to shreds. The government would revert to Sunni control, and they won't let that happen.

They HAVE to behave themselves, and they have to do it NOW. NOW is a LOT sooner than "soon". I believe things should move along rather quickly now.

Edited by fnbplanet
  • Upvote 6

Of course this is good news! The U.S. and the UNSC are involved. Coincidentally, the two most important factions for a Chapter 7 release, and both influential with the IMF. If Iraq is ever going to crawl out of the stone age, they need the these two entities to approve it. Peeing in their Wheaties like this is NOT going to get that done, and they WILL hang the Chapter 7 approval over their heads until they get their way. Iran CANNOT provide Iraq international standing. If Iraq DOESN'T get worldwide acceptance, the knuckleheads in their government right now might as well not even run for office in the upcoming elections, because they will have "lost face" with the people, and their opponents will rip them to shreds. The government would revert to Sunni control, and they won't let that happen.

They HAVE to behave themselves, and they have to do it NOW. NOW is a LOT sooner than "soon". I believe things should move along rather quickly now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

Edited by ReVbo

Maliki is walking on thin ice and its about to break if he doesnt play ball we have given him ample time to agree and play nice to instill democracy to his people. Now we have had enough with this clown his position is in jeopardy and dont think he is NOT well aware of it neither. Another thing Maliki is already very wealthy but people that have tons of money think of money as nothing but they want power and I know Maliki sees that slipping away he better get it together or else it NOT gonna be pretty for him.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4

Maliki is a Dumb A$$. He deserves to be taken out in handcuffs just for being so STUPID. We'll see what kind of deal he strikes,. Hopefully, we will see the necessary details convienienatly fall into place to move Iraq forward. I'd be real surprised if he is allowed to run again. Thanks Trinity for the post.

• Upvote 2

If you really think about it, it's kind of cyclical. They lean towards th U.S. on an issue, and Iran summons Maliki or Sadr to Tehran for a tongue lashing. They stray from agreements with the rest of the world, and they get threatened to be left to their own devices and stay a third world country forever.

Back and forth. Let's hope that the latest swing back towards our direction gets us some REAL progress.

• Upvote 2

you know maliki has been the problem for the longest time. I think a lot of it would go away if he could be taken out of the equation. We know he uses force, intimidation, and death to run his dictatorial regime. The project would be to get rid of him and you will see progress. He is losing support daily. His own party. One of his own Dawa party member told the truth about the torturing and forced confessions extracted from Hashemi's body guards. Maliki's but is in deep doodoo. Hashemi is not a fugitive. Never has been. Hashemi stood for progress, maliki can't have that. It would stop his dictarship. He needed control of the country. All the while folks were bashing Hashemi and Barzani, it was not in our interest for them 2 men to go away. They are on our side of progress. If the Kurds, Turkey and other countries would have not protected him, maliki would have had him killed. That was the plan to get him in prison and have him die of natural causes like his body guards. Hashemi would be president if Talabani could not longer serve. Hashemi could have taken maliki out with a no confidence if he were president. It still could happen now that he is not having to hide. If Talabni resigns, look out. Hashemi will be President and I am pretty sure he will take the signatures and not force the questioning. Remember, Talabani had said if he had to he would offer up his resignation. My, my, it's getting very interesting.

• Upvote 2