Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul on Jay Leno, Rules Out Third Party

TexasGranny

Ron Paul on Jay Leno, Rules Out Third Party Run as Liberty Movement Hits The Tonight Show

Policymic

On Tuesday, Ron Paul appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and ruled out an independent run for the presidency, squashing internet rumors that he was gearing up to make waves in November. (Scroll to bottom for full interview.) It was his third appearance on the Tonight Show dating back to last December, when then-candidate Paul spoke with Leno about his presidential campaign at a time when the Republican race was very much up for grabs. Paul's appearance came on the heels of the revelation that he will not endorse Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson for president. Johnson, the former two-term governor of New Mexico who originally ran for the Republican nomination this year, is ideologically the most compatible candidate with Paul in this year's presidential field.

Paul has also said that he does not "fully endorse" Mitt Romney for president, a candidate with whom he often vehemently disagreed during the GOP debates, particularly on the issue of foreign policy. Paul, however, did not endorse any candidate during his interview with Leno, and it is unlikely that he will do so at all. He did say, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that Romney's convention speech was "nice," and that Paul Ryan's famed budget proposal is a "fraud."

Here's Ron Paul throwing cold water on the scuttlebutt about a third party candidacy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uig9-nHudI

And here's Paul explaining his snub by the Republican National Committee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjKgz55wJBM

Although Johnson would be the obvious choice for Paul, was the good doctor simply unwilling to buck his party on the matter?

The short answer is no. Paul has made a career out of going against the grain, even if it means defying his own party, which he says has drifted away from its roots in limited government both domestically and abroad. However, Paul may be reluctant to go completely against the GOP this time around since his son Rand is a an up-and-coming freshman Senator from Kentucky. Unlike his father, Rand has endorsed Romney, much to the chagrin of many libertarians who subsequently declared him a sellout. The younger Paul seems poised to cultivate the outsider role his father did, albeit in a more tempered fashion. The older Paul may be concerned about the potential repercussions for his son if he endorses a non-Romney candidate.

Ron Paul didn't officially endorse a candidate tonight, but the GOP shenanigans regarding his delegates should have been a topic of conversation, but wasn't. In several states, Republican officials brazenly enacted ex post facto rule changes governing delegate selection, including in Maine and Massachusetts. While it's clear that Romney won the nomination outright, the GOP establishment has been determined to disenfranchise as many Paul delegates as possible so as to try to marginalize the Liberty Movement, which is attempting, likely in vain, to seize control of a Republican Party whose members are starkly at odds with the libertarian vision.

There is another video at this website but the DV system does not allow more than two - so if you want to see it, click on the link at the top.

Can we now concentrate on getting rid of the Marxist in the White House?

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 8

Thank you TG for bringing this to everyone who didn't watch. I actually watched the segment (don't watch Tonight Show any more but sometimes see who is on). For me, watching the whole thing together did it, He did not state he would not run, he said "no, not much" and between him filling the audience with RP supporters (I guess they follow him around like puppy dogs without jobs?) and some of the other comments he made, he was clearly "feeling out" what might happen if he did run. He will not endorse another candidate for his followers to check out, be it Libertarian, Independent, Republican or Democrat. He wants to stay in and get the write in vote for his own ego. (IMHO) I have heard Rand in person and I know it is a fight to keep strong values when the RNC constantly is at your office wanting money raised, paybacks and more government, but I will pray for him and the other new comers and Mike Lee to stay true to their constituents.

By the way, I think you are a top notch moderator!

I must've struck a cord. :bravo:

It is sad that we are reduced to this. That we all feel there is no hope and that we must wait 4 MORE grueling years. (assuming the financial collapse doesn't happen first)... I hope everybody sticks to Romney like "white on rice" to make sure he doesn't push anything through. That should be the platform..."no bill signing" unless it's to undo previous bills. STAY ON HIS ASS!

It will not change a thing. The revolution is still alive and it will not go away

It will only grow stronger the people in this revolution are true American Patriots

not quitters. We will still write in Ron Paul

After the games that were played by the GOP at the convention I think you are going find it ticked so many people off that some that were would have bitten the bullet and voted For Capt: FlipFlop will now write in RP just to show the GOP that they won’t be bullied.

They sowed division and dissent and they will reap division and dissent.

Like Ron Paul said It is now time to get ready for 2016

No Surrender No Retreat And No Compromise

• Upvote 1

It will not change a thing. The revolution is still alive and it will not go away

It will only grow stronger the people in this revolution are true American Patriots

not quitters. We will still write in Ron Paul

After the games that were played by the GOP at the convention I think you are going find it ticked so many people off that some that were would have bitten the bullet and voted For Capt: FlipFlop will now write in RP just to show the GOP that they won’t be bullied.

They sowed division and dissent and they will reap division and dissent.

Like Ron Paul said It is now time to get ready for 2016

No Surrender No Retreat And No Compromise

Loco1 you are moving the goal post again? In 2016 the theft of delegates won't happen because the loop hole was closed. New rules!!!!

Loco1 you are moving the goal post again? In 2016 the theft of delegates won't happen because the loop hole was closed. New rules!!!!

the "Theft of Delegates" Really TP?? Those delegates were earned and STOLEN by a bunch of RNC scumbags. This new rule only solidifies the two party stranglehold on politics in the U.S.CORPORATION. Don't you people realize there taking away your right of choice?? Romney would have won the nomination anyway without stealing what Ron Paul earned. You can't see past next week TP..

I didn't move the goal post the GOP did

They changed the rules and showed the world that they are scared of the Constitution ,liberty and We the people

They know they are losing control this is their feeble attempt to regain control over We the people

These rule changes are telling us no matter what you will vote for who we tell you to.( you have no choice )

this November I think you are going to see Obama reelected because of GOP arrogance

I think most independents are like me when someone gives me an ultimatum I always take the or else.

Always.

I will write in Ron Paul and I encourage every one to do the same

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

They changed the rules and showed the world that they are scared of the Constitution ,liberty and We the people

They know they are losing control this is their feeble attempt to regain control over We the people

These rule changes are telling us no matter what you will vote for who we tell you to.( you have no choice )

this November I think you are going to see Obama reelected because of GOP arrogance

I think most independents are like me when someone gives me an ultimatum I always take the or else.

Always.

let ur heart lead the way for rand 2016.

Always.

tip_hat.gifAgreed Loco!

rand endorsed rmoney, which makes him much less appealing.

It sure did for me 40oz. emot-shakehead.gif Go Figure...

• Upvote 1