Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

China Launching Gold Backed Worldwide Currency

pluMmet

http://www.indiavision.com/news/article/business/339477/china-launching-gold-backed-worldwide-currency--now-the-americans-will-have-to-find-a-reason-to-go-to-war-against-china-/#ixzz259aNv0vs

According to an article, China is recasting all of their gold reserves into small one kilo bars in order to issue a new gold-backed currency. Many say this will disrupt global trade and will eventually cause a collapse of the US dollar.

There can be no doubt that the US dollar will soon be history. China is recasting all of their gold reserves into small one kilo bars in order to issue a new gold backed global currency. This is surely a strategic part of their recent push to sign new trade agreements with Russia, Japan, Chile, Brazil, India, and Iran. The cat is now out of the bag, the US will be given the bums rushby the largest trading nations in the world and the dollar will go down in flames. GATA now estimates that 80% of the gold that investors believe they have in allocated accounts is long gone, the majority of it probably wound up in China.

China is well along an ambitious plan to recast large gold bars into smaller 1-kg bars on a massive scale. A major event is brewing that will disrupt global trade and assuredly the global banking system. The big gold recast project points to the Chinese preparing for a new system of trade settlement. In the process they must be constructing a foundation for a possible new monetary system based in gold that supports the trade payments. Initially used for trade, it will later be used in banking. The USTBond will be shucked aside. Regard the Chinese project as preliminary to a collapse in the debt-based US Dollar system. The Chinese are removing thousands of metric tons of gold bars from London, New York, and Switzerland. They are recasting the bars, no longer to bear weights in ounces, but rather kilograms. The larger Good Delivery bars are being reduced into 1-kg bars and stored in China. It is not clear whether the recast project is being done entirely in China, as some indication has come that Swiss foundries might be involved, since they have so much experience and capacity.

The story of recasting in London is confirmed by my best source. It seems patently clear that the Chinese are preparing for a new system for trade settlement system, to coincide with a new banking reserve system. They might make a sizable portion of the new 1-kg bars available for retail investors and wealthy individuals in China. They will discard the toxic US Treasury Bond basis for banking. Two messages are unmistakable. A grand flipped bird (aka FU) is being given to the Western and British system of pounds and ounces and other ***** ton measures. But perhaps something bigger is involved. Maybe a formal investigation of tungsten laced bars is being conducted in hidden manner. In early 2010, the issue of tungsten salted bars became a big story, obviously kept hush hush. The trails emanated from Fort Knox, as in pilferage of its inventory. The pathways extended through Panama in other routes known to the contraband crowd, that perverse trade of white powder known on the street as Horse & Blow, or Boy & Girl.

• Upvote 4

http://www.indiavisi.../#ixzz259aNv0vs

According to an article, China is recasting all of their gold reserves into small one kilo bars in order to issue a new gold-backed currency. Many say this will disrupt global trade and will eventually cause a collapse of the US dollar.

There can be no doubt that the US dollar will soon be history. China is recasting all of their gold reserves into small one kilo bars in order to issue a new gold backed global currency. This is surely a strategic part of their recent push to sign new trade agreements with Russia, Japan, Chile, Brazil, India, and Iran. The cat is now out of the bag, the US will be given the bums rushby the largest trading nations in the world and the dollar will go down in flames. GATA now estimates that 80% of the gold that investors believe they have in allocated accounts is long gone, the majority of it probably wound up in China.

China is well along an ambitious plan to recast large gold bars into smaller 1-kg bars on a massive scale. A major event is brewing that will disrupt global trade and assuredly the global banking system. The big gold recast project points to the Chinese preparing for a new system of trade settlement. In the process they must be constructing a foundation for a possible new monetary system based in gold that supports the trade payments. Initially used for trade, it will later be used in banking. The USTBond will be shucked aside. Regard the Chinese project as preliminary to a collapse in the debt-based US Dollar system. The Chinese are removing thousands of metric tons of gold bars from London, New York, and Switzerland. They are recasting the bars, no longer to bear weights in ounces, but rather kilograms. The larger Good Delivery bars are being reduced into 1-kg bars and stored in China. It is not clear whether the recast project is being done entirely in China, as some indication has come that Swiss foundries might be involved, since they have so much experience and capacity.

The story of recasting in London is confirmed by my best source. It seems patently clear that the Chinese are preparing for a new system for trade settlement system, to coincide with a new banking reserve system. They might make a sizable portion of the new 1-kg bars available for retail investors and wealthy individuals in China. They will discard the toxic US Treasury Bond basis for banking. Two messages are unmistakable. A grand flipped bird (aka FU) is being given to the Western and British system of pounds and ounces and other ***** ton measures. But perhaps something bigger is involved. Maybe a formal investigation of tungsten laced bars is being conducted in hidden manner. In early 2010, the issue of tungsten salted bars became a big story, obviously kept hush hush. The trails emanated from Fort Knox, as in pilferage of its inventory. The pathways extended through Panama in other routes known to the contraband crowd, that perverse trade of white powder known on the street as Horse & Blow, or Boy & Girl.

All this good news is overwhelming .... I have a bridge here in my town but unfortunately the river is so low I would only break something if I jumped off of it so I can pray that by the time the rains come things will get better!

Yep like obama gets voted out and our precious USA will get back on track! :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

ya the dollar will go down in flames as soon as the gold price drops off and chinas new currency goes along with it ..

the only way the dollar colapses is if all the counrys that hold it as a reserve curency try to cash it in ,, thats why they dont try ... it could colapse instantly .. then those still holding it would all lose .. they would have pieces of paper worth nothing ,,these monetary agreements hold together all currencies ... they are always looking to get control of the currency .. but the mighty dollar will not fail ..

these people try to create a run on the dollar but no one listens .. do ya think china will except the dollar for its currency once they open the flood gates .. ?

the dollar would crash instantly .. and everyone in the world would be instantly broke ..

money is only an agreement between nations .. .. if china wants to back their currency with gold .. i say go ahead .. theres plenty of gold forsale here also ..the gold price could plumet too ..then what china has a bunch of gold backed currency thats not worth it was when they released it .. if china wants to lose a bunch of money . have at it.. everyone could go buy it .. "the new china currency .."... then one day everyone could go cash it in for the gold .. then what . it works both ways ,, and theres not enough gold to support a global economic system .. no ones going to give all the power to china

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 4

Rather than China gold backed paper currency, Vietnam has a better idea...gold coins now in circulation.

Iraq is also concidering coming out with gold coins in near future.

The USA would be wise to do likewise or gey left behind.

Right now gold & silver cannot be used as legal tender in many states.

The laws have to change. We must adapt to changing times.

The USA still controls most of the raw gold & silver ores in closed down mines.

The USA could flood the global markets with gold & silver making China vulnerable.

• Upvote 1

ya the dollar will go down in flames as soon as the gold price drops off and chinas new currency goes along with it ..

the only way the dollar colapses is if all the counrys that hold it as a reserve curency try to cash it in ,, thats why they dont try ... it could colapse instantly .. then those still holding it would all lose .. they would have pieces of paper worth nothing ,,these monetary agreements hold together all currencies ... they are always looking to get control of the currency .. but the mighty dollar will not fail ..

these people try to create a run on the dollar but no one listens .. do ya think china will except the dollar for its currency once they open the flood gates .. ?

the dollar would crash instantly .. and everyone in the world would be instantly broke ..

money is only an agreement between nations .. .. if china wants to back their currency with gold .. i say go ahead .. theres plenty of gold forsale here also ..the gold price could plumet too ..then what china has a bunch of gold backed currency thats not worth it was when they released it .. if china wants to lose a bunch of money . have at it.. everyone could go buy it .. "the new china currency .."... then one day everyone could go cash it in for the gold .. then what . it works both ways ,, and theres not enough gold to support a global economic system .. no ones going to give all the power to china

I don't know much about all this money stuff, but I do know this. There is not enough gold in this world to go to a gold backed currency.Good post dontlop. I agree. (but hey, who cares). Hell, why don't we start a lead based currency?

• Upvote 1

Thank You PluMmet smile.gif Interesting Article.

I saw a documentary a few months ago that showed how the Chinese Government has been encouraging their citizens to invest as much as they can in gold.

It showed what was simular to jewlery shops, only all they were selling was the 1-kg bars (tiny) and that was it.

The film showed people lined up all the way down the sidewalks waiting to get inside before the shops ran out for the day.

So from what I saw it looks like they have been already doing this and the people didn't look to be that rich, they have simply made it a priority.

Sure made me wonder what was behind it, looked to me like there was something going on with that.

I'm glad I saw that, it gave me some insight as I read your article...

"The story of recasting in London is confirmed by my best source. It seems patently clear that the Chinese are preparing for a new system for trade settlement system, to coincide with a new banking reserve system. They might make a sizable portion of the new 1-kg bars available for retail investors and wealthy individuals in China."

• Downvote 1

Rather than China gold backed paper currency, Vietnam has a better idea...gold coins now in circulation.

Iraq is also concidering coming out with gold coins in near future.

The USA would be wise to do likewise or gey left behind.

Right now gold & silver cannot be used as legal tender in many states.

The laws have to change. We must adapt to changing times.

The USA still controls most of the raw gold & silver ores in closed down mines.

The USA could flood the global markets with gold & silver making China vulnerable.

Gold coins are normally only legal tender in the country of origin, Vietnam has never produced any gold coins.

When used as legal tender a gold coin is only worth its face value.

In 1971 Iraq produced a 5 dinar gold coin, still only worth 5 dinar as legal tender. Worth a lot more as gold bullion.

The US Coinage act makes US gold coins legal tender indefinitely but not being an American I would not know if State law supersedes Federal law.

In this day and age the status of 'legal tender' is purely a classification for capital gains assessment, gold coins are not normally spent as coins.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

i guess some people dont understand that there is NOT enough gold to support any economy any where any time ever again ..

hang some dice from your rear view mirror . .. put some fur on your interior..git cha some some bling and pay for your pack of ciggaettes with gold you can carry around a salt shaker and sprinkle a flake for a pack ... gold coins .. lol .

if its just a redeemable token for goods and services .. why would it need to be made out of gold ...its just a coupon .... gold is only good for what its good for .. conducting electricity .. its a good conductor because its soft and dense like lead .

money is what?..

if the world was freezing over .. money would be insulation.. if you were about to freeze to death what would you rather have a piece of gold ..or a blanket ?

gold is not money .. money used to be made out of gold but not any more .. gold is to valuable its industrialized .. you want to make gold pretty ..lol

food is more like money than gold is.. gold is a limited commodity .. so is every other mineral on earth

• Upvote 3

i guess some people dont understand that there is NOT enough gold to support any economy any where any time ever again ..

hang some dice from your rear view mirror . .. put some fur on your interior..git cha some some bling and pay for your pack of ciggaettes with gold you can carry around a salt shaker and sprinkle a flake for a pack ... gold coins .. lol .

if its just a redeemable token for goods and services .. why would it need to be made out of gold ...its just a coupon .... gold is only good for what its good for .. conducting electricity .. its a good conductor because its soft and dense like lead .

money is what?..

if the world was freezing over .. money would be insulation.. if you were about to freeze to death what would you rather have a piece of gold ..or a blanket ?

gold is not money .. money used to be made out of gold but not any more .. gold is to valuable its industrialized .. you want to make gold pretty ..lol

food is more like money than gold is.. gold is a limited commodity .. so is every other mineral on earth

Gold is not a "mineral"...it is a precious metal. Additionally, Gold could be used to support an asset backed currency simply by raising the value of Gold itself globally, which is exactly what speculators do. Look at the price of Gold from twenty years ago to where itis now. This is how this big pinwheel of currencies continue to spin. Is it a real assesment of supply and demand???...no, it's not. But that's the way it works. If Gold was driven simply by consumer demand for the 'oooh it's pretty' factor, then your argument may stand. As we all know, that's simoly not the case. There is a direct relationship to commodity prices and inflation. Gold, unlike wheat, rice, and corn, is not subject to dramatic surges + or - due to supply and demand that is extremely volatile dependant on weather conditions any given year....VERY DYNAMIC. Gold is rather Static in it's availability and quantity....therefore, it is a MUCH better candidate as a "currency" plumb-line. My two cents worth...

• Upvote 2

Here we are in a Dinar forum... Anyone who bothers to look knows that the USD, Euro and Yen along with all other fiat are on a one way trip down.

So the question is where do you put your money in order to stave off the pluMmet (pun :P )

Well as far as I can see IQD and precious metals are the best things going.

Anyone got any better ideas?

• Upvote 2

you have 10lbs of gold. I have a field of ripened corn and some butter from goats and some meat from rabbits. some bread from wheat. You have no water or food. I have plenty. You want to give me gold for my water and food. Why would I want your gold in a failed economy? Where gold does nothing for me but food does? You want to trade blankets and clothing or build me a place to store something we could talk. Gold is only valuable if we make it valuable. Dollars are only valuable if we make it valuable. When you need food and only have gold you would have to be in an economy where gold has value. Where it is a viable source of trade or barter. Humanity made gold valuable. Why? You cannot eat nor drink it. It give no protection nor does it sustain life within itself. Humanity makes it valuable. If it comes down to hunger or gold hunger wins every time. The people who make dollars or money or gold valuable are the ones who have started this fiasco to take your neccessities and drive the price up and make a barter system no longer viable. This is why "money" is so important. The scam of money is a scam that is controlling the masses of humanity. We never needed it and don't now. If it were not for money doctors would care for you for bread and butter. Banks would not be needed. This is why they got rid of farmers and ranchers and started mass production of food stuffs. So they could drug the foods and water and make you simple and change your ability to comprehend. Money is only needed by a society that cannot live without it because they don't know how to sustain life. I watch this and wonder at our incredible gullibleness. Learn how to grow gardens and raise crops and make clothes. Learn animal husbandry. learn how to build. These are the neccessary functions of life. In a failed economy we will depend on these things or we will be in Fema camps learning them and being "farmed" out by governement. They will the n reap all the benefits of our labor. Then if you cannot work you will be euthanized for you have no benefit to society. This is where we are headed folks. You think this is about handouts think again this is about totalatarian rule. There will never be a welfare state as it is right now. With a failed economy everyone has to produce. Either for yourself or for the ruling elite. Think about it. Just think about it

• Upvote 4

Gold is not a "mineral"...it is a precious metal. Additionally, Gold could be used to support an asset backed currency simply by raising the value of Gold itself globally, which is exactly what speculators do. Look at the price of Gold from twenty years ago to where itis now. This is how this big pinwheel of currencies continue to spin. Is it a real assesment of supply and demand???...no, it's not. But that's the way it works. If Gold was driven simply by consumer demand for the 'oooh it's pretty' factor, then your argument may stand. As we all know, that's simoly not the case. There is a direct relationship to commodity prices and inflation. Gold, unlike wheat, rice, and corn, is not subject to dramatic surges + or - due to supply and demand that is extremely volatile dependant on weather conditions any given year....VERY DYNAMIC. Gold is rather Static in it's availability and quantity....therefore, it is a MUCH better candidate as a "currency" plumb-line. My two cents worth...

http://www.australianminesatlas.gov.au/education/fact_sheets/gold.html

Here we are in a Dinar forum... Anyone who bothers to look knows that the USD, Euro and Yen along with all other fiat are on a one way trip down.

So the question is where do you put your money in order to stave off the pluMmet (pun :P )

Well as far as I can see IQD and precious metals are the best things going.

Anyone got any better ideas?

i would recommend any thing .. everything goes up in price .. it would have to be somnething that doesnt rot to fast .. you need to warehouse items that everyday people need .. next year they will cost more .... you can go to auctions and buy goods for penys on the dollar . try gemstones online bulk wholesale cut stones .. they dont require huge storage space ... try uncut diamonds .. ..look for overseas connections to get these gemstones very cheap.. legal importing isnt that difficult...dont suggest smuggling .. some stones are only avaliable in certain parts of the world .and must be imported .. check your state for gem stone lists . and find out where they are .. hoiw they are mined .. some you can find yourself.. just buy an old chest and throw it in the basement and fll it up . .. .. just a suggestion .. your money will grow with inflation .. ..

• Upvote 1

Just thinking out loud. Time is the most valuable thing any of us have. Everthing is measured by time. Our lifespan dictates social security. Hours we work dictates wage. Everything is based on time. One man did not have time to pllant a field build a home dig a well raise animals and cotton produce clothes build machinary become a doctor and practice medicine to care for the needs od humanity. This is why civilization was formed. Many different people with different skills created a community so that everyone would contribute to the whole. Merchant bankers saw this and put their heads together and created curency. Now you no longer had to go barter with the farmer and the rancher but you could use currency to buy the things you needed. Sounded good especially if you didn't like the farmer or the rancher. These bankers ahd nothing to contribute. They used currency to buy goods and sold them at an exaggerated price. They made money off of their money which they created in the first place. What a racket. They still do this today and are needed because people as a whole do not know how to sustain life. When and if our economy fails Americans are in trouble. It isnt just a matter of hoarding enough food for months it is the ability to grow it. The need for military protection came from bands of people who did not want or know how to sustain life coming and killing those who did and taking their goods enslaving their people and making them produce for them. That is what this government is headed toward. Enslaving America by our own basic needs and making us produce for them so they can live like royalty. The love of money is the root of all evil. Money in and of itself is not needed except by men who want to control and rule masses of people.

• Upvote 3

If it breaks down to a barter system then bullets are the most bang for the buck (pun again :P )

Barter can never be part of an advanced society that has limited resources.

Example: I need your corn and you say what can you give me and I say I have walnuts. You don't need walnuts you tell me, but you do need engine oil you tell me. So now I spend the better part of three weeks trying to turn my walnuts into a motor oil trade...

• Upvote 2

Which is exactly why you not only have the ability to grow it but also to protect it. Barter is still used today my friend. You barter for anything and everything you have you just use money or currency as a medium of exchange. Just saying. We will always have barter. Unless somehow we become super human and can do it all. LOL.. What I am saying is the banks and the merchants that are the intermediary are the ones who drive prices up and the only contribution they make is for themselves. Money can be anything you make it. In a failed economy it will be.

In an advanced society with limited resources a lot of people die. Limited resources is a very key phrase here. There will be limited resources in a failed economy. No oil or gas. No electricity or unning water. No food or animals. Once the stores are all looted the masses of people will be going rural and killing for grain. Gold will mean nothing then.

Which is exactly why you not only have the ability to grow it but also to protect it. Barter is still used today my friend. You barter for anything and everything you have you just use money or currency as a medium of exchange. Just saying. We will always have barter. Unless somehow we become super human and can do it all. LOL.. What I am saying is the banks and the merchants that are the intermediary are the ones who drive prices up and the only contribution they make is for themselves. Money can be anything you make it. In a failed economy it will be.

Maybe you should read a little more lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barter

Barter is a medium of exchange by which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange, such as money

This is a important read for someone such as yourself as well, as a little reality about surviving in a collapse.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2012/09/housing-after-collapse-country-vs-urban.html

Thanks so much for your wonderful blog. I've seen a lot written about the pros / cons of debt going into an economic collapse. You're recent blog post about contracting brought up this topic.

We're in the opposite position however, I'd like your thoughts on the dangers of being debt free during/after a collapse because I see risks with this decision as well. We own two houses with no debt or mortgage. One is a large nice home near downtown Houston in a walled gated community, not in the suburbs; we use this house part-time. The other is a small place with 15 acres just outside the city which is our full time home.

We think the US is headed for a dollar collapse. We are considering selling the house in the city because much of our savings is in this home. If we sold now, we could invest this money in precious metals. However, we'd take a significant loss on the home. So do we hold or sell?

Reasons to sell:

If we hold the home, we're concerned about being able to pay property tax and insurance during a collapse

We're concerned about rioting and crime in the city during/after a collapse, further driving down the value of this property

Finding buyers may become very difficult after the collapse

Reasons to keep the property

We could use it as a rental property for income. (However, I'm concerned about the downward pressure on rents during a collapse b/c people will be so focused on having enough money to pay for food.)

If people migrate from the suburbs to the city b/c transportation costs skyrocket, it might be a good investment

We really like this house and enjoy the property

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated. If you post on your blog, please keep me anonymous.

Thanks,

K

Hi K, I think that right now isn’t the best time to sell given the overall low prices. I also believe you can profit nicely when renting it because of the reasons I’ll explain.

Regarding your two properties, they represent opposing views in terms of what works or not in a post-collapse society. Fiction survival literature would have you believe that a house in a rural setting is the best option. Stay as far from rioting cities as you can, avoid criminals by living far away. This is repeated over and over until people take it for a fact, but ironically the truth is that living in such conditions is possible only in very safe, functioning societies. The further away and more isolated you are, the more vulnerable you are. With higher gas prices commuting back and forth or driving into town puts a dent into your finances. As the system and infrastructure starts failing, roads, reliable power and proper medical care becomes unreliable the further away you are.

After a decade of studying different crisis and disaster scenarios in different countries all over the world I believe that the idea of retreating to rural areas as a way of rationally preparing for hard times has no foundation on empirical facts but is instead rooted on American survival fantasy concepts. In what seems to be a vicious circle, people keep regurgitating what others have said and take it for a fact rather than checking how things actually turn out when serious social crisis have occurred. You only have to study South Africa’s recent history, most third world countries or the post communism western union nations to understand that what is taken as a fact in the American survival culture isn’t quite so. Keeping it short, if you live well today in an isolated homestead without 24hs security, its precisely because society has not collapsed. You wont be able to do so afterwards.

Because of this, a house in a walled gated community is highly desirable and it will be even more so after a serious crisis or collapse. In most Latin American countries, gated communities such as those are the only way in which you can live with a degree of peace of mind while you sleep. Your two properties are basically giving you those two options.

As crime gets worse in USA, demand for such properties will go up. With a gated community you have options such as all neighbors paying more so as to have added security.

I wouldn’t sell it. If you like the other place more then I´d just rent it so as to make some money, always good to have another source of income, and at the same time you keep it as a plan B in case things go South Africa or Latinamerica way and you have to move into the gated community yourself.

Maybe it is because I read a lot that I am a free thinker. I think for myself and definitions are for those who need everything defined. I go to Kmart and look at clothes. I go to Wal-Mart and look at clothes. I tell Wal-Mart they are overpriced and Show them K-Marts prices. Wal-Mart has a better return policy so I like buying at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart matches the price. This my friend is barter. Roofing is sold at Home Depot for 78.00/SQ I barter with ABC supply because they wholesale materials and I can get better delivery. They match the price. This again is barter. I am only saying definitions just don't cut it sometimes. Thx for great input. This thread has a lot of value. IMOHO

Maybe you should read a little more lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barter

Barter is a medium of exchange by which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange, such as money

This is a important read for someone such as yourself as well, as a little reality about surviving in a collapse.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2012/09/housing-after-collapse-country-vs-urban.html

Thanks so much for your wonderful blog. I've seen a lot written about the pros / cons of debt going into an economic collapse. You're recent blog post about contracting brought up this topic.

We're in the opposite position however, I'd like your thoughts on the dangers of being debt free during/after a collapse because I see risks with this decision as well. We own two houses with no debt or mortgage. One is a large nice home near downtown Houston in a walled gated community, not in the suburbs; we use this house part-time. The other is a small place with 15 acres just outside the city which is our full time home.

We think the US is headed for a dollar collapse. We are considering selling the house in the city because much of our savings is in this home. If we sold now, we could invest this money in precious metals. However, we'd take a significant loss on the home. So do we hold or sell?

Reasons to sell:

If we hold the home, we're concerned about being able to pay property tax and insurance during a collapse

We're concerned about rioting and crime in the city during/after a collapse, further driving down the value of this property

Finding buyers may become very difficult after the collapse

Reasons to keep the property

We could use it as a rental property for income. (However, I'm concerned about the downward pressure on rents during a collapse b/c people will be so focused on having enough money to pay for food.)

If people migrate from the suburbs to the city b/c transportation costs skyrocket, it might be a good investment

We really like this house and enjoy the property

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated. If you post on your blog, please keep me anonymous.

Thanks,

K

Hi K, I think that right now isn’t the best time to sell given the overall low prices. I also believe you can profit nicely when renting it because of the reasons I’ll explain.

Regarding your two properties, they represent opposing views in terms of what works or not in a post-collapse society. Fiction survival literature would have you believe that a house in a rural setting is the best option. Stay as far from rioting cities as you can, avoid criminals by living far away. This is repeated over and over until people take it for a fact, but ironically the truth is that living in such conditions is possible only in very safe, functioning societies. The further away and more isolated you are, the more vulnerable you are. With higher gas prices commuting back and forth or driving into town puts a dent into your finances. As the system and infrastructure starts failing, roads, reliable power and proper medical care becomes unreliable the further away you are.

After a decade of studying different crisis and disaster scenarios in different countries all over the world I believe that the idea of retreating to rural areas as a way of rationally preparing for hard times has no foundation on empirical facts but is instead rooted on American survival fantasy concepts. In what seems to be a vicious circle, people keep regurgitating what others have said and take it for a fact rather than checking how things actually turn out when serious social crisis have occurred. You only have to study South Africa’s recent history, most third world countries or the post communism western union nations to understand that what is taken as a fact in the American survival culture isn’t quite so. Keeping it short, if you live well today in an isolated homestead without 24hs security, its precisely because society has not collapsed. You wont be able to do so afterwards.

Because of this, a house in a walled gated community is highly desirable and it will be even more so after a serious crisis or collapse. In most Latin American countries, gated communities such as those are the only way in which you can live with a degree of peace of mind while you sleep. Your two properties are basically giving you those two options.

As crime gets worse in USA, demand for such properties will go up. With a gated community you have options such as all neighbors paying more so as to have added security.

I wouldn’t sell it. If you like the other place more then I´d just rent it so as to make some money, always good to have another source of income, and at the same time you keep it as a plan B in case things go South Africa or Latinamerica way and you have to move into the gated community yourself.

As far as living in a failed community. I grow my own food. Have fruit trees. There is no work. I have a well with good water. I have solar power. I have some pidgeons and chickens a few goats and some cattle. I have a great garden and lots of seed. I really do not need anyhting the city has. They have no gas and cannot come to where I am. They are too lazy to walk this far. No energy because of a lack of food. My family is here We are a large family. We have protection. I really don't need the city nor would I want to be there. If in the city I am dependent on the government to give me my allotment of food and clothing. I am now enslaved. You can have it. Not for me.

• Upvote 1

I'm an artist.. I study economy because I see it as necessary. I hate learning this stuff. Basically it's how to deal with liars and thieves.

I challenge your notion that learning removes oneself from free thinking.

The Simpsons:

The Last Temptation of Homer (1F07, 12/9/93)

1. [“Advanced Calculus” book falls out of Bart’s locker]

Jimbo: Hey, he’s learning on his own!

Kearney: Get him! :lol:

tumblr_m28nw5eqBo1rsjyv2o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ever learning and not coming to a knowledge of the truth. The Bible.

If reading and learning means you simply believe what you read and trust what is defined then you are not a free thinker because science at one time said all men had differnet blood types disproving the Biblical thesis that all men were made from one blood. Then they discovered Plasma. OOPs. Science also scoffed at things are made of things which do not appear. Then they discovered the atom. OOPS. I read all types of books and believe what I will. As a man I have that right. That is why in bygone times books were abolished over and again. Because we have what men think and what they believe written on paper. We read it and either agree or not. It either bolsters our beliefs or destroys them. Truth is something however that just is. You try to destroy it and it just does not die. You try to discredit it and it only proves itself. Theories come and go as do dissertations. Economies rise and fall and theories about economy is built and destroyed and built again because it fluctuates so often and so erratically. Hunger is constant. Protection from the elements is basic. Need for water is absolute. Argue it all you want challenge it if you will but go get you a drink and a bite to eat under the shelter of a roof and contemplate my friend.LOL I never fight unarmed men.

• Upvote 1

http://www.indiavisi.../#ixzz259aNv0vs

As you can see, I have highlighted the important parts of this story. Plummet I thank you for it. But on the flip side, a lot of these folks here do not realize what you just posted. perhaps it is dumb luck, book smarts and NO STREET SMARTS. Sheltered maybe? Not sure, but from what I just read and highlighted above, most folks here are in a WW2 bunker. 1 KG bar = 1 KG cocaine = KILO... You have all watched the NFL and HOLLYWOOD. There are many folks who partake in this activity. As a SPECTATOR, I have seen JUDGES, COPS, FARMERS, COMMON FOLK, and MANY OTHERS, who partake in this endeavor. 1 KG of whatever= LOTS OF $....... Wake up people.... China is going to fill the void that mexico can not. Ever heard of the Zetas or SINOLa'S... Older folks you are forgiven, but if you are under 35, you have no excuse. This has been going on under your nose or in it!! Smart play on behalf of the government, and perhaps you. This is a real post. How many have died on the border. I can promise you one thing, its not over WEED.... We have HUNDRED'S OF ACRES of the "NATURAL" remedies! But this little plant means BUSINESS, more than the DINAR. ASK TONY MONTANA, PABLO ESCOBAR, and a few others including the CARTELS... They always WIN.... How many MILLIONS of $ have we spent on the war on DRUGS????? For those who do not remember perhaps you should grab a phone or the INTERNET, and a STRAW or "rolled BILL" and see who BOY and GIRL maybe be. Her name is HOLLY, SODA, *****, and many others. Step back and think for your self what is really going on. :twocents: THE HORSE IS IS BITING THE BIT IN THE STABLES!! :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks again for the post, :tiphat:

That is why in bygone times books were abolished over and again. Because we have what men think and what they believe written on paper

The reason books are destroyed is to keep people from being free thinkers...

Understanding what barter means, one might take that knowledge and learn more.

Mans body of knowledge is the root of progress.

example: Trying to learn how to navigate the stars is necessary in long sea voyages.

Once a person learns how to use a sextant it's much easier but take that away from peoples knowledge and you set them back 100s of years.

Things all can be set back by removing knowledge.

That is not free thinking. There are lots of people right now that think they are free because the T.V. says so...

• Upvote 1

Maybe it is because I read a lot that I am a free thinker. I think for myself and definitions are for those who need everything defined. I go to Kmart and look at clothes. I go to Wal-Mart and look at clothes. I tell Wal-Mart they are overpriced and Show them K-Marts prices. Wal-Mart has a better return policy so I like buying at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart matches the price. This my friend is barter. Roofing is sold at Home Depot for 78.00/SQ I barter with ABC supply because they wholesale materials and I can get better delivery. They match the price. This again is barter. I am only saying definitions just don't cut it sometimes. Thx for great input. This thread has a lot of value. IMOHO

As far as living in a failed community. I grow my own food. Have fruit trees. There is no work. I have a well with good water. I have solar power. I have some pidgeons and chickens a few goats and some cattle. I have a great garden and lots of seed. I really do not need anyhting the city has. They have no gas and cannot come to where I am. They are too lazy to walk this far. No energy because of a lack of food. My family is here We are a large family. We have protection. I really don't need the city nor would I want to be there. If in the city I am dependent on the government to give me my allotment of food and clothing. I am now enslaved. You can have it. Not for me.

I can hear what you saying but, Without AMMO and GUNS and the WILL TO KILL to SURVIVE, you will not do very well. What if someone like me shows up and takes your life, takes your agriculture products and your seeds. NOT A PRETTY SITE I CAN ASSURE YOU... But above all, FIREARMS and AMMO, TRUMP SEEDS..... I am telling you this out of RESPECT. It will be the SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST WHEN IT COMES TO A PERSONS SURVIVAL. WHAT YOU READ AND SEE ON TV CAN GO OUT THE WINDOW. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HEED THIS WARNING! Best wishes friend, and I hope your travels and tribulations are that of what we are bound too. GODSPEED! :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

I do believe we are in agreement. I watch and read and learn. I sometimes learn more by watching than reading. I have never owned a TV. I have watched one at different times in different places. I have never owned one nor do I want one. I have read way too much perhaps. Learn all you can from all who can teach you. When you have learned all that can be taught by many you know more than the teachers because you are an accumulation of all that has been taught unless they have remaianed teachable also. Always be teachable. Never sell truth. Navigation is done by mathematically studying and applying that study to things that are constant on a Earth that is constantly spinning. It works also in life. Navigate well my friend.

The reason books are destroyed is to keep people from being free thinkers...

Understanding what barter means, one might take that knowledge and learn more.

Mans body of knowledge is the root of progress.

example: Trying to learn how to navigate the stars is necessary in long sea voyages.

Once a person learns how to use a sexton it's much easier but take that away from peoples knowledge and you set them back 100s of years.

Things all can be set back by removing knowledge.

That is not free thinking. There are lots of people right now that think they are free because the T.V. says so...

• Upvote 1

@ CrappieShark & Bongalow

Having stuff is great but I agree on the need to keep the stuff. How is that done is the question.

If money is going to be around what is the best form to have in order to keep your stuff?

Once you have the stuff how can you protect it?

As far as this goes I choose IQD and precious metals for the first and on the second I believe that any kind of group has a better survival rate then a single family or smaller group.

I'd like to add that a barbarous group forming in rural areas is more likely then in a populated area.

If you have cash the gated community has the best hope of a peaceful life.