Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

When Obama stopped at a Master Lock plant in Milwaukee

yota691

Obama-Wisconsin.jpg

When Obama stopped at a Master Lock plant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin last week, he walked the plant, stopped to talk with an employee, looked at the "banner" on the wall and said to all the people around him, "It is great to be in a union shop, especially one as old as this union is" (pointing to the 'banner'), he said, "A Union shop since 1848!" – and went on to talk about what that 'banner' stands for and how important it is to display it, to show your strong union support.

The worker quietly told Obama that the "banner" is the flag of the State of Wisconsin (founded in 1848), and that the Master Lock plant is Non-Union.

This was reported only by a local radio station in Milwaukee (1130 AM) and naturally not reported by any of the major news networks. Why?? The media doesn't want to embarrass this "got no friggin' clue" President!

Since the media avoided what they are getting paid to do and didn't report anything about this big Presidential visit, the only way for the awkward blunder in Milwaukee to get around is left to the un-funded energy of us common citizens -- as usual, on the Internet.

In fact, the White House media reported that Obama skipped the state of Wisconsin altogether and only went to Minnesota and Chicago, which is not merely inadequate reporting but it is obviously an intentional lie.

Since the media is not able to do its job, we need to do our job as American citizens (I just did mine), so that voters will know what really happened in Wisconsin (a state that Obama reportedly 'skipped') and be aware of HOW BRIGHT THIS PRESIDENT REALLY IS !!

(NOT!!) http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obama-Master-Lock.htm

• Upvote 6

I have found snopes wrong before (about the death of an entrtainer) so who really knows...

I don't understand, even the given site, by Yota, says it's not true. What's the driving point here? http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obama-Master-Lock.htm

The Truth:

President Obama did make a speech at the Master Lock plant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on February 15, 2012 but he never said this.

The transcript and video of his visit are posted on the White House website. Click here for transcript and video.

At first, we believed that this was someone's attempt at political humor but it turned out that there actually was a misidentification of the Wisconsin state flag for a union banner by Politico contributor Donovan Slack who covered the event in his February 15, 2012 blog. The article was corrected and this notice appeared below it: An earlier 44 blog post about Obama’s visit to Wisconsin incorrectly identified the Wisconsin state flag.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Checked snopes, this is not a true story according to them. I prefer Romney but this doesn't help matters. See http://www.snopes.co...s/wisconsin.asp

Lets tell the truth, it is enough to win.

Sorry to say but you won't ever find snopes saying anything bad about a liberal since the couple that runs it have a very liberal track record themselves. huh.gif

I'm just glad that Mr. O was so gracious to "build that business" so it could employ all those hard working Wisconsinites!!! rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the post Yota, ya'll are keeping us in the know!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 1

Yota my man , sorry I posted this like 2 days ago. As President Moron !

Yes he did yota691! But it is worth seeing again. :lol:

yep thats the 57th state hes been in so far

dontlop, give the guy a break! He probably meant there are 57 muslim states... :lol: or something like that

• Upvote 1

I lived near the Master Lock factory in the sixties. I was fortunate to be able to get a job there during the summers which gave me the opportunity to complete my education at a large private university debt free. Master Lock was then and still is a union shop, UAW Local 469. They gave many college students the opportunity to work during the summer months so they could complete their education. Don't believe every thing you read on the net. It's silly to believe that a worker at Master Lock would have told the President that Master Lock was not a union shop.

• Upvote 3

I don't understand, even the given site, by Yota, says it's not true. What's the driving point here? http://www.truthorfi...Master-Lock.htm

The Truth:

President Obama did make a speech at the Master Lock plant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on February 15, 2012 but he never said this.

The transcript and video of his visit are posted on the White House website. Click here for transcript and video.

At first, we believed that this was someone's attempt at political humor but it turned out that there actually was a misidentification of the Wisconsin state flag for a union banner by Politico contributor Donovan Slack who covered the event in his February 15, 2012 blog. The article was corrected and this notice appeared below it: An earlier 44 blog post about Obama’s visit to Wisconsin incorrectly identified the Wisconsin state flag.

I lived near the Master Lock factory in the sixties. I was fortunate to be able to get a job there during the summers which gave me the opportunity to complete my education at a large private university debt free. Master Lock was then and still is a union shop, UAW Local 469. They gave many college students the opportunity to work during the summer months so they could complete their education. Don't believe every thing you read on the net. It's silly to believe that a worker at Master Lock would have told the President that Master Lock was not a union shop.

just let it go my friends....just let it go. when you have a hammer, nails are in abundance as everything becomes one. no matter what truth you tell, people are not looking for the truth. it is election time and people are creating pep rallies for their cause.

so even though the very article presented by the original poster blatantly states a blog error, obama dissenters "choose" to ignore it because it is not truth that most people cherish. it is their own cause. it is realizing this fact that has helped me in how i approach people. i have learned to save a lot of energy this way.

• Upvote 1

just let it go my friends....just let it go. when you have a hammer, nails are in abundance as everything becomes one. no matter what truth you tell, people are not looking for the truth. it is election time and people are creating pep rallies for their cause.

so even though the very article presented by the original poster blatantly states a blog error, obama dissenters "choose" to ignore it because it is not truth that most people cherish. it is their own cause. it is realizing this fact that has helped me in how i approach people. i have learned to save a lot of energy this way.

You're right. Thanks

• Downvote 1

I did a bit of a search and found this article...

The major point from the original article if it is indeed true, is this....if Mr. O didn't know the difference from a state flag vs. a Union Flag... that, imo is pure ignorance.

Master Lock has been decimated like so many companies in America with outsourcing... this article contains some hope that trend may be turning... time will tell.

Local 469 workers have right combination for more jobs at Master Lock

‘Re-sourced’ work from China returns to Milwaukee plant

An additional three dozen workers may not sound like much, considering that in the 1990s the Master Lock facility had 1,300 workers compared to a little more than 25 percent of that number today.

But UAW Local 469 members in Milwaukee are hoping that they’ve turned the corner on the outsourcing of the jobs to Mexico and China.

0411_masterlock01.jpg<

UAW Local 469 member Diane Linsy works on a combination lock assembly machine.

“Re-sourcing” seems to be the new buzzword, and it’s a word the 337 Master Lock workers hope they hear more often. Master Lock recently announced it would return its combination lock manufacturing to the United States.

UAW Region 4 Director Ron McInroy believes the continued efficient and quality work performed by the members of Local 469 have a direct correlation to the work returning to the Milwaukee facility. Master Lock should be commended for supporting their workers, members of Local 469, their families and the community they all live in, McInroy said.

“The return of solid middle-class jobs to Milwaukee is huge for us, especially in this economy,” said McInroy.

“While there might not be as many new jobs as we would like, Master Lock’s willingness to bring work back home is a major shift. I’m hopeful that this will help other companies realize that American workers are able to compete with the Chinese and are all the better for the pride they take in their work,” he added.

“It’s obviously a positive move for our employees,” said Local 469 President Grace Maizonet. “It’s an opportunity to increase capacity, which is something we always strive to do.”

The re-sourcing will allow some temporary workers to become permanent hires. Maizonet added that there are other expansion projects separate from the combination lock line at the company’s flagship facility. Master Lock, which began to outsource manufacturing to low-wage countries Mexico and China in 1993, first produced locks in Milwaukee in 1921.

0411_masterlock02.jpg

UAW Local 469 member Ernestine Dorris runs a cylinder assembly machine at Master Lock.

The plant is now at capacity for the first time in 15 years.

For Local 469 members, who successfully negotiated a five-year contract with Master Lock in 2008, this expansion marks a favorable turn of events amid the climate of so many manufacturing jobs being sent overseas.

Recent raises in the minimum wage in 30 provinces across China – along with significantly higher costs of shipping across the country – are making many companies reconsider their decisions to set up shop in the rapidly growing Asian economy.

Together with China’s weakening of the dollar, Master Lock’s decision to return jobs to the United States might prove to be a growing trend among manufactures. Other companies such as General Electric Co. and Wham-O Inc., which manufactures Frisbees and Hula Hoops, are also moving jobs back to America.

While experts fall short of declaring a complete resurgence in manufacturing jobs, the increasing costs of production in China may shift many companies’ long-term plans to send work abroad – perhaps more so as Master Lock makes public the fact that unionized American workers can produce locks at the same cost as nonunion Chinese workers without having to make any concessions.

Beenish Ahmed

Link-http://www.uaw.org/s...obs-master-lock