Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Affirmed: Study that 'g ay' family children more troubled

delta22

I'll will wait to see if others can use it... most likely it works only as a cache for you without you realizing it...

if someone who has never been to that page can see it w/your link then it is on my end.

you could be right and we are about to find out.... if so I will apologies.

pattyangel- I have been scolded before but I have a job to do and that involves making sure that people don't cause disruptions in the forum. I have dealt with people fanning misunderstandings and I am just rooting this to make sure it is real.

It might not be obvious how this can cause trouble but this is what I think about more then most so please have patience with me :)

Okay PluMmet I can be patient. I understand where your coming from. ;)

Cris, I'm one to open all links when presented, with that said I can get into all your links. ;)

• Upvote 5

well i think they should stay in their closet ...and dont think they should be treated specilally .. or the same as a man and woman thats married.. they get special tax benifits for procreating which is necessary for a country to survive ..... why should people of the same sex get those rights if they cant procreate .. this would mean that single hetero sexual people could only be treated equally in the tax code if they do some perverted sexual thing .. or lie and say they to are ***.. so they could be treated equally in the tax code ....

i hope people do understand about a nations future if there is no procreation .. .. they are not equal if they dont procreate

• Upvote 1

Might I offer this simple explanation for the link problem. The DV site filter replaces the word "g a y" with *** which breaks the url link and is why it does not work for others clicking on it.

The link should look like this "http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/affirmed-study-that-g a y-family-children-more-troubled/" (Note: I placed a space between each letter in the "g a y" part of the link so it would show. However, because of the spaces, the link is now broken and will not go to the desired location.

This is a problem with any link that has a "filter" word in it - they simply do not work. :D

One more thing - since others say they can make the link work - there is an autocorrect function in the internet that allows a broken link to take you to a truncated version of the address you requested. In the case of the link for wnd - it takes you to a search results page but if you look at the search term used, the "g a y" is not showing. So instead of the link pulling up the actual article, it reverted to the search results page instead.

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 2

Might I offer this simple explanation for the link problem. The DV site filter replaces the word "g a y" with *** which breaks the url link and is why it does not work for others clicking on it.

The link should look like this "http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/affirmed-study-that-g a y-family-children-more-troubled/" (Note: I placed a space between each letter in the "g a y" part of the link so it would show. However, because of the spaces, the link is now broken and will not go to the desired location.

This is a problem with any link that has a "filter" word in it - they simply do not work. :D

Thank you TG for teaching everyone ;)

Not that I expect anyone to learn this but here is the google link shortened version that will bypass any filter problems http://goo.gl/mb35l'>http://goo.gl/mb35l

google link shortener service can be found here: http://goo.gl/ it's simple to use and very helpful. you just need to enter captcha code so google can make sure your not a computer bot

Plummet ,not once have I poor me'd . I have no idea what simple thing you are refering to . Links ? Then this is the first ever post I have seen being taken to task for links . I have asked for help from mods about various posting issues and alot of times the only responce I get is from fellow members and not staff. It seems to me that you have an issue with the article and not a link. But you know what I can solve this issue very simply.Remove the post and I will refrain from posting further.

• Upvote 4

Thank you for having the knowledge to clean up after staff member who not only did not understand how links and filters work, but was perfectly willing to berate others.

PluMmet, time to pony up with the apologies.

Interesting that someone gets a rectal exam when posting an article that a staff member's bias causes fear, and Pumpers can lie with immunity, and their lies can be repeated as fact all over the forums.

Something is out of balance, and I don't think it is Delta's post.

FWIW, I have saved my comment. If it should mysteriously go away; it will return.

Edited by Dalite
  • Upvote 2

i had read an article that the bigest reason for the united states population barly keeping up with birth to death rates is because of immigration ..

Figure 2 shows that fertility is declining with time. It has now dropped to below replacement level (i.e., below 2.1 children in a woman's lifetime) in most of the developed countries. Worldwide, the average woman currently bears 2.6 live offspring. In some African nations, fertility still exceeds 7seven live births per female.

http://www.eoearth.org/article/Human_population_explosion?topic=54245

women need to produce more babys ... not be in same sex relationships .. if a country is to survive

its a fact .. i dont make these things up .. its real

Okay PluMmet I can be patient. I understand where your coming from. ;)

Cris, I'm one to open all links when presented, with that said I can get into all your links. ;)

Thanks so much pattyangel :D

Thats a relief, I dont want to have to learn how to do it some other way

Im still kind of a computard.....lol

• Upvote 2

Thank you Granny , I don't think any of my posts have caused so much trouble :blink: and you know I've posted some doozies:lol: . Thanks for sharing your knowledge won't do me any good though when people start talking computer lingo I get a glazed look and go into a haze :o ,and it aint Purple. Thanks again.

• Upvote 3

Plummet ,not once have I poor me'd . I have no idea what simple thing you are refering to . Links ? Then this is the first ever post I have seen being taken to task for links . I have asked for help from mods about various posting issues and alot of times the only responce I get is from fellow members and not staff. It seems to me that you have an issue with the article and not a link. But you know what I can solve this issue very simply.Remove the post and I will refrain from posting further.

PluMmet, Delta makes a valid point. As long as I been here, not one Mod has questions his post regarding links. Delta has been one member with utmost respect from a lot of DV members. You didn't correct the problem your actually made it worst, by condemning his character. Now that was uncalled for.

I'm just disappointed in how you approached this and the negative outcome. We might just lose another great member.

PluMmet just my two cents. :( patience just ran out.

Just being honest... Sorry to disappoint the phantom negger. ;)

Oh heck gotta go, my kitchen's on fire. :o

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

PluMmet, Delta makes a valid point. As long as I been here, not one Mod has questions his post regarding links. Delta has been one member with utmost respect from a lot of DV members. You didn't correct the problem your actually made it worst, by condemning his character. Now that was uncalled for.

I'm just disappointed in how you approached this and the negative outcome. We might just lose another great member.

PluMmet just my two cents. :( patience just ran out.

Patty angel, I negged you by mistake. Was scrolling the screen, and my fat fumbled fumb hit the red bomb .

(another "feature" of the iPad)

I made it up on another post, and hope someone will even you out for me.

I do not disagree with your message.

• Upvote 1

"when people start talking computer lingo I get a glazed look and go into a haze

But you know what I can solve this issue very simply.Remove the post and I will refrain from posting further.

I have asked for help from mods about various posting issues and alot of times the only responce I get is from fellow members and not staff.

What this has to do with computers I have no idea as I am not an IT guy"

Everyone of these statements is properly followed by "poor me" and a passive aggressive way to pretend that one needs to have an IT certification to be able to link.

I don't buy this for 1 second...

Again you have not mentioned once how you might listen to any of the advice in this tread on how to link....which is another poor me from you.

I think that erasing this tread helps no one at this point. I am getting harsher and harsher through out this thread as you keep portending blankness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Patty angel, I negged you by mistake. Was scrolling the screen, and my fat fumbled fumb hit the red bomb .

(another "feature" of the iPad)

I made it up on another post, and hope someone will even you out for me.

I do not disagree with your message.

Lmao....done ;) I've had problems with fat fingers myself

• Upvote 1

'Poor me' Game

Purpose

Primary: Sympathy, Displacement

Secondary: Social capital

Game play

A gets into a situation where they feel hard done by, where the world in general or someone in particular is unfair to them.

A tells the story to B, lamenting how unlucky they are, how unfair things are.

B offers sympathy and concern.

B also now has gained some social capital from this and can ask for something in return.

Discussion

A's source of pain can include other games such as 'Stop me if you can' where A is the real cause of the situation, or variants of the Blame game.

This is an archetypal victim game, although victimhood is at the heart of many other games. People who play victim in various situations often get their reward later on in poor me sessions where an accomplice offers them sympathy. Victims also get the benefit of absolving themselves from responsibility. Nothing is felt to be really their fault (although they may berate themselves). They are victims of circumstance and other people. They enjoy the anticipation of hope of rescue in the manner of the helpless child.

If there is nobody else, then an alternative is to play the second person themselves. This lack of support, of course, just gives another reason to feel 'poor me'.

A common response from B that balances out the social capital is to also do a 'Poor me'. The game can then become a to-and-fro discussion of how terrible and downtrodden they are.

Note that there is a big difference between the victim in a game and a 'real-life' victim. The game victim enters into the state voluntarily (albeit often subconsciously) and gains some comfort from this state, as described above. The real victim is the person mugged on the streets or an orphan in a war-torn country, who has no choice: they are made a victim by circumstance or the actions of others.

• Upvote 1

Plumet :( I'm the dullest crayon in the box !:lol: I just recently started with computers ,don't like em , to me the only value they had was checking my e mail and watching movies , so yeah :huh: I like WND. I don't know the difference from a url an http or a UFO and Happy in my ignorance B) . Besides I tried early on and ran into too many error messages that I wasn't allowed to do that . I am still touch and go with posting pictures or clips . My friend I am in the finger painting stage of computers and doubt I'll graduate !:P So if you are one that insists on links then I suggest ignore my post's cause if there's a link it was an accident :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude if you are over the age 58. You are where every one of us were at one time. in 1982 I used an IBM 30. That was the first Desk top BM made. It was the finger painter of that era. I still am not as good on these things as my 28 year old daughter is. But she started PC at school in the 4 th grade. Take no shame in not being as far along as those that learned to use a puter before they were potty trained. :blink: It just takes time. Hang in there you are doing well.

• Upvote 1

Plumet sad.gif I'm the dullest crayon in the box !laugh.gif I just recently started with computers ,don't like em , to me the only value they had was checking my e mail and watching movies , so yeah huh.gif I like WND. I don't know the difference from a url an http or a UFO and Happy in my ignorance cool.gif . Besides I tried early on and ran into too many error messages that I wasn't allowed to do that . I am still touch and go with posting pictures or clips . My friend I am in the finger painting stage of computers and doubt I'll graduate !tongue.gif So if you are one that insists on links then I suggest ignore my post's cause if there's a link it was an accident laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

wow, Delta...and I thought I was the only one.

My keyboard has so many keys,(Do all computers have as many as mine or is my computer just special?) I am afraid to push any thing unless it has the alphabet as it may blow up! What's up with the f series? f1, etc..

btw, I e-mailed my son today and even sent him a picture of all the fish that my husband and I caught at the lake this past weekend. To my surprise, he called about 10 mins later to inform me that my pic was some sort of inventory list from when we had our old business. bless his heart, he gave me a big 'ole "E" for effort....I'm just so glad the US Postal service has not shut down yet.

Now, I'm gonna pass that big 'ole "E" over to you. I think you have done an Excellent job of bringing the things/jokes/news that most of us appreciate and look forward to....Big "E" to you, Delta.....

• Upvote 3

I'm afraid this study will fall under the general, and well populated, category of "Bad Science" for one simple reason: the researchers went into this "expecting" and hoping for the kind of "results" they got. I am NOT suggesting falsification, but rather the effect this has on "good faith" interpretation of the data.

There is a lot of this kind of "inappropriate" investigation out there simply because we are human. So, what I am saying is that the researchers went into this study with bias, and by definition that makes it bad science. Good science is a study that just wants to see if there really is a difference, and if so, what it is. If you really hope and expect a specific result, you almost always think you found it.

Studies on new drugs are fraught with this problem. There are loads of racist studies that "prove" the inferiority of non-whatever races.

Another issue I have with this study is that it definitely may not have measured what they intended to. Namely, even if kids from same-sex families have more issues, they were probably caused by how others (classmates, teachers) treated them! NOT the actual home environment. Imagine some of the teasing and worse they could have endured (by kids of Good Christian parents?) for example. That's gotta leave a mark!

Just saying, as a person with a very strong scientific background, be wary of any study that expects a result and then finds it.

Peace, prosperity, and respect for ALL human rights, including the right to pursue happiness.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid this study will fall under the general, and well populated, category of "Bad Science" for one simple reason: the researchers went into this "expecting" and hoping for the kind of "results" they got. I am NOT suggesting falsification, but rather the effect this has on "good faith" interpretation of the data.

How do you know? Do you know the researcher or the protocol's for conducting the research? If not, IMO, by stating the researchers intent, you are most definately suggesting falsification.

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How do you know? Do you know the researcher or the protocol's for conducting the research? If not, IMO, by stating the researchers intent, you are most definately suggesting falsification.

-

Exactly.....Sounds to me, from the Slate article, that the

research was done in a Scientific manner...University of

Texas has affirmed this....of course, regardless of the

method, this research would be called bias.

Everyone is bias, there is not one thinking human being

that isnt....That makes no difference to the Study, if it was

'preformed' in an unbiased manner.

Soungs to me, that it was.... Just because same sex

proponents dont like the results, does not disqualify

those findings.

Bullying in school is common for almost all children...Its

not a reason, its just another excuse.....Even though I

happen to agree with the results, that doesnt mean Im

unable to perform an unbiased Study....Especially if my

bias was, whats best for children. Thats pretty important

information for everyone to have

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 2

I would think kids raised in //y housholds would

be more prone to be *** also by example than if not

raised in one? Just guessing.

Research proves what we already know and that is children are simply they're role models (or lack there of) whether for good or bad.

Texas Granny says that this is normal of an elderly person such as Delta22 so I have to concede.

I'm sorry Delta22.

I'm probably older than delta22..... hmmmmmm "normal of an elderly person" means exactly what? :blink::(

Just asking.

One more thing - since others say they can make the link work - there is an autocorrect function in the internet that allows a broken link to take you to a truncated version of the address you requested. In the case of the link for wnd - it takes you to a search results page but if you look at the search term used, the "g a y" is not showing. So instead of the link pulling up the actual article, it reverted to the search results page instead.

Thank you TexasGranny. Much appreciated and needed explanation. You're awesome! :lol:

delta22 Please don't go! You're a real assest here and bring so much to this forum. I am really surprised by plummet's response to you and not sure what the reason for it was either but just take a deep breath, consider the source and know there are so many of us here who appreciate you (except the crazies :lol: and you don't want them to run you out of here do you?)

• Upvote 1