Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Affirmed: Study that 'g ay' family children more troubled

delta22

The research behind a study that found adult children from "***" families are "more apt to report being unemployed, less healthy, more depressed, more likely to have cheated on a spouse or partner, smoke more pot, had trouble with the law…" than children from traditional mom-and-dad households may not have been politically correct, but it was scientifically correct, ruled the University of Texas at Austin. So the effort to discredit the researchers with a false charge of "misconduct" didn't work ... what's next?

The University of Texas at Austin says it has investigated and found no evidence of research misconduct in a study that found adult children from “***” families are “more apt to report being unemployed, less healthy, more depressed, more likely to have cheated on a spouse or partner, smoke more pot, had trouble with the law…” than children from traditional mom-and-dad households.

“The University of Texas at Austin has determined that no formal investigation is warranted into the allegations of scientific misconduct lodged against associate professor Mark Regnerus regarding his July article in the journal Social Science Research,” the school announced yesterday.

It said a four-member advisory panel of senior university faculty members was consulted and an outside consultant, Alan Price, was asked to review the charges as part of the university inquiry into allegations made by Scott Rosensweig in a letter to the school.

The conclusion was that the issues raised fell under the clause that “ordinary errors, good faith differences in interpretations of or judgments of data, scholarly or political disagreements, good faith personal or professional opinions, or private moral and ethical behavior or views are not misconduct.”

The university said it considers the issue closed, after school Research Integrity Officer Robert Peterson told officials “none of the allegations of scientific misconduct put forth by Mr. [Rosensweig was] substantiated either by physical data, written materials, or by information provided during the interviews.”

He wrote “there is no evidence” to support Rosensweig’s inference that because he believed the research was flawed, there must be scientific misconduct.

Regnerus had written a commentary about his study, explaining it, in Slate. There he said that one “notable theme” among adult children of same-sex parents who reported higher levels of “male and female sex partners, more sexual victimization, and were more likely to reflect negatively on their childhood” than children of mom-and-day households was “household instability, and plenty of it.”

He explained his study “collected data from a large, random cross-section of American young adults – apart from the census, the largest population-based dataset prepared to answer research questions about households in which mothers or fathers have had same-sex relationships.”

He continued all participants who responded affirmatively were interviewed.

“The differences, it turns out, were numerous. For instance, 28 percent of the adult children of women who’ve had same-sex relationships are currently unemployed, compared to 8 percent of those from married mom-and-dad families. Forty percent of the former admit to having had an affair while married or cohabiting, compared to 13 percent of the latter. Nineteen percent of the former said they were currently or recently in psychotherapy for problems connected with anxiety, depression, or relationships, compared with 8 percent of the latter. And those are just three of the 25 differences I noted.”

He said the bottom line of the study is that “social scientists, parents, and advocates would do well from here forward to avoid simply assuming the kids are all right.”

In a commentary, also in Slate, William Saletan wrote, “Mark Regnerus is a hateful bigot. … His new research paper on same-sex parenting is ‘intentionally misleading’ and ‘seeks to disparage lesbian and *** parents’ … His ‘junk science’ … deserve no coverage or credence.”

Rosensweig had alleged there were problems with Regenerus’ “seeming falsification of data,” “seemingly inadequate, inappropriate research design,” his “possible bad-faith, invalid comparison” and that he “seemingly feeds into NOM’s defamatory conflation of homosexuals with pedophiles.”

But the university determined “since no evidence was provided to indicate that the behavior at issue rose to a level of scientific misconduct, no formal investigation is warranted.”

Officials with the Alliance Defending Freedom said the New Family Structures Study “suggests that differences exist in outcomes for young adults raised in various environmental with different family experiences.”

“America’s universities should always serve as truth-seeking, free marketplaces of ideas,” said David Hacker, the ADF senior legal counsel. “Disagreeing with a study’s conclusions is not grounds for allegations of scientific misconduct” ando “we are not surprised that those accusations were found to be baseless.

“This comprehensive, peer-reviewed research study consisted of leading scholars and researchers across disciplines and ideological lines in a spirit of civility and reasoned inquiry. We agree with the AT-Austin inquiry’s conclusions…”

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Stud , Truth is truth no matter where it comes from ! Your blinders are on so tight that you have no hope of seeing the forest for the trees. Attacking truth just shows your fear ! I dissregard alot of WND's articles but I don't dismiss them out of hand just cause I don't like the result .

• Upvote 5

delta22- I'm sorry but I have trouble with the notion that a person has trouble linking stuff in a forum as it's sooo common and soo easy but just in case this simple thing has not been presented to you, here are the instructions.

this is the information available in the URL part of all browsers and is in fact at the top area of what you are looking at right now as you view this post.

"

By removing the quotes it creates a link that anyone in a forum can click on to get to the web page in question.

You obviously can copy and paste as you did that with the original article. You just need to do that with the URL as well.

If understanding this information escapes you then I can see why people think that people who read wnd.com might not be very sharp...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plumet :( I'm the dullest crayon in the box !:lol: I just recently started with computers ,don't like em , to me the only value they had was checking my e mail and watching movies , so yeah :huh: I like WND. I don't know the difference from a url an http or a UFO and Happy in my ignorance B) . Besides I tried early on and ran into too many error messages that I wasn't allowed to do that . I am still touch and go with posting pictures or clips . My friend I am in the finger painting stage of computers and doubt I'll graduate !:P So if you are one that insists on links then I suggest ignore my post's cause if there's a link it was an accident :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 5

Plumet :( I'm the dullest crayon in the box !:lol: I just recently started with computers ,don't like em , to me the only value they had was checking my e mail and watching movies , so yeah :huh: I like WND. I don't know the difference from a url an http or a UFO and Happy in my ignorance B) . Besides I tried early on and ran into too many error messages that I wasn't allowed to do that . I am still touch and go with posting pictures or clips . My friend I am in the finger painting stage of computers and doubt I'll graduate !:P So if you are one that insists on links then I suggest ignore my post's cause if there's a link it was an accident :lol: :lol: :lol:

According to your info you are in Kuwait... IF that is true then it suggests something about either your age or your status as a competent contractor. If anything you're saying is true then there needs to be a movie made about your extraordinarily different life... :huh:

The link to the original Slate article is in there

Here it is.....

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/06/gay_parents_are_they_really_no_different_.html

120607_DX_SAME_SEX_COUPLE_CHILD.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

The WND take was easy to find, search 'wnd *** family study'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/affirmed-study-that-***-family-children-more-troubled/

Hey Delta....to provide the link, highlight the search bar at the very

top of the page.....Hit copy, bring it to your post, and paste.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 3

The link to the original Slate article is in there

Here it is.....

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/06/gay_parents_are_they_really_no_different_.html

120607_DX_SAME_SEX_COUPLE_CHILD.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

The WND take was easy to find, search 'wnd *** family study'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/affirmed-study-that-***-family-children-more-troubled/

Hey Delta....to provide the link, highlight the search bar at the very

top of the page.....Hit copy, bring it to your post, and paste.

Hope that helps.

chris your example is not close to how a wnd url looks... ie. "http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/blacks-school-to-prison-pipeline/"

while your "http://www.wnd.com/?s=2012+08+affirmed+study+that+family+children+more+troubled" does not work.

So now we are in a place were your advice that was botched in the wnd version some how lends credibility to "How hard it is to like wnd stuff" when in fact it is easy.

While your Pro *** parenting link works just fine.

I can't help but be astounded by both of you...

chris your example is not close to how a wnd url looks... ie. "http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/blacks-school-to-prison-pipeline/"

while your "http://www.wnd.com/?s=2012+08+affirmed+study+that+family+children+more+troubled" does not work.

So now we are in a place were your advice that was botched in the wnd version some how lends credibility to "How hard it is to like wnd stuff" when in fact it is easy.

While your Pro *** parenting link works just fine.

I can't help but be astounded by both of you...

Both links work for me Plummet.....Not only in Delta's original post, but in my

post, and your copy of my post.....Must be something on your end, not allowing

you to link, because Im linkin all over the dang place ;)

• Upvote 4

People are not born g ay. it is generated by usually dramatic experiences in youths life. and then the brain starts to organize scattered emotions that are abnormal into being normal. example....some may have lacked a father figure in their life, and dont understand a mans true natural instinctive role. some may have been sexually abused or just abused in away....that when their brain was recovering......it saved things incoherently and its distorted into normality. if a boy.....is raised around just a mother and sisters.....that boy may begin to have ga y emotions. because of the womens world and high level or esrogen that surrounds his environment...that male doesnt fit in very well..in a room of alpha males. g ayness occurs, from lack of knowing how to store andfile sexual instincts within the human mind. eventually they dulistort reality....into thinking theyve always been this way. when actually it was the environment around them that confused their mind as they developed. theres nothing to be ashamed of. we all are just a product of our environment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm in the same boat as you Delta, haven't quiet master the computer myself. I have trouble also with posting URL or whatever. I've gotten better with video's, but I'm one to not give up. No matter what age I am.

According to your info you are in Kuwait... IF that is true then it suggests something about either your age or your status as a competent contractor. If anything you're saying is true then there needs to be a movie made about your extraordinarily different life... :huh:

PluMmet, I'm a competent wife, housewife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend would you like to make a movie of my extraordinarily different life.

PluMmet there are a lot of us that lack the skills with a computer. It seems to me (and your a staff member,) I get the feeling your knocking us. Patience is a great Virtue. I don't have a problem with accepting a post with or without a link. It's my choice to believe it or not. I appreciate all who bring articles across the board... without the diversity of articles this forum would be boring.

Your comment was a bit harsh toward Delta. :(

• Upvote 3

Both links work for me Plummet.....Not only in Delta's original post, but in my

post, and your copy of my post.....Must be something on your end, not allowing

you to link, because Im linkin all over the dang place ;)

I'll will wait to see if others can use it... most likely it works only as a cache for you without you realizing it...

if someone who has never been to that page can see it w/your link then it is on my end.

I'm in the same boat as you Delta, haven't quiet master the computer myself. I have trouble also with posting URL or whatever. I've gotten better with video's, but I'm one to not give up. No matter what age I am.

PluMmet, I'm a competent wife, housewife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend would you like to make a movie of my extraordinarily different life.

PluMmet there are a lot of us that lack the skills with a computer. It seems to me (and your a staff member,) I get the feeling your knocking us. Patience is a great Virtue. I don't have a problem with accepting a post with or without a link. It's my choice to believe it or not. I appreciate all who bring articles across the board... without the diversity of articles this forum would be boring.

Your comment was a bit harsh toward Delta. :(

you could be right and we are about to find out.... if so I will apologies.

pattyangel- I have been scolded before but I have a job to do and that involves making sure that people don't cause disruptions in the forum. I have dealt with people fanning misunderstandings and I am just rooting this to make sure it is real.

It might not be obvious how this can cause trouble but this is what I think about more then most so please have patience with me :)

I'll will wait to see if others can use it... most likely it works only as a cache for you without you realizing it...

if someone who has never been to that page can see it w/your link then it is on my end.

Now Im curious....There are 3 links in the article that Delta brought.

The first takes you to the original Slate article....Can you see those Plummet?

• Upvote 1

Now Im curious....There are 3 links in the article that Delta brought.

The first takes you to the original Slate article....Can you see those Plummet?

I just used my cellphone to try to access your link and as I thought it does not work... Your link, as a none proper link defaults to home page of wnd and not to the article in question.

His original links do (as expected) work...

chris, if you clear all history from your computer browser then try your own link it will most likely not work.

this may sound wierd ,, but why do people care about what other peoples sexuality is .. but more important .. why do people insist we hear about and discuss their perverted sexual desires and activities ?

why talk about it .. what if i want to teach people about some distorted sexual activities that i do and i think it should be accepted and taught to children as normal ?

and i just wont let it go .. i insist they teach children about what i do sexually .. and i go out in public and publically display what i do .. .

what if people come out of the closet on beastialty.. and want to publically display their actions .. and teach it to children as normal ..

i say keep your preversions in your closet ..

you can hate me for my opinion .. but i have a right to my opinion .. just like they do

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just used my cellphone to try to access your link and as I thought it does not work... Your link, as a none proper link defaults to home page of wnd and not to the article in question.

His original links do (as expected) work...

I guess you may be right. They are cashed in my PC.

No one has ever complained about my links before....Ever....lol

They must not be even looking at the links :lol:

• Upvote 1

this may sound wierd ,, but why do people care about what other peoples sexuality is .. but more important .. why do people insist we hear about and discuss their perverted sexual desires and activities ?

why talk about it .. what if i want to teach people about some distorted sexual activities that i do and i think it should be accepted and taught to children as normal ?

and i just wont let it go .. i insist they teach children about what i do sexually .. and i go out in public and publically display what i do .. .

what if people come out of the closet on beastialty.. and want to publically display their actions .. and teach it to children as normal ..

i say keep your preversions in your closet ..

you can hate me for my opinion .. but i have a right to my opinion .. just like they do

Hidden agendas tend to make people angry and to not frequent places that host them. I have no interest in anything but the truth whither that makes a group look good or bad.

Having a healthy discussion relies on open discussions.

That is why I stepped in as I have realized that Delta22 keeps posting without linking. As this topic is more of a hot topic the more things need to line up. Keeping things on the up and up helps people trust the forum.

• Upvote 1

Wow Plummet ,I didn't realise your staff , so it should be easy for you to verify that I am in Kuwait ! I remember when I signed up having trouble with an IP address I think they called it. As for being a competant contractor well I think the Army decided that when they keep renewing my contract and every eval I've had is tops. What this has to do with computers I have no idea as I am not an IT guy . As for my age yes there is something wrong my profile lists 1953 when it is actually 1950,don't know how to fix it. As for starting trouble ,no that wasn't my intent,I merely brought an article from a Texas university that I thought would be of intrest . Don't shoot the messanger if you don't like the news ! As for my life parts have been in movies !

• Upvote 4

Wow Plummet ,I didn't realise your staff , so it should be easy for you to verify that I am in Kuwait ! I remember when I signed up having trouble with an IP address I think they called it. As for being a competant contractor well I think the Army decided that when they keep renewing my contract and every eval I've had is tops. What this has to do with computers I have no idea as I am not an IT guy . As for my age yes there is something wrong my profile lists 1953 when it is actually 1950,don't know how to fix it. As for starting trouble ,no that wasn't my intent,I merely brought an article from a Texas university that I thought would be of intrest . Don't shoot the messanger if you don't like the news ! As for my life parts have been in movies !

You are seeming very genuine with exception of your desire to incorporate something that is too simple to consider. you seem to me to not be addressing how it could be so simple to address the problem that this is now becoming. You have not once mentioned that you have considered how you might learn this simple thing. You are diverting that idea with a poor me response. I am less and less inclined to believe in poor you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3