Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fox News' Sally Kohn: Paul Ryan's RNC Speech 'Was Attempt To Set World Record For Blatant Lies'

dinar_stud

Fox News' Sally Kohn: Paul Ryan's RNC Speech 'Was Attempt To Set World Record For Blatant Lies'

According to Fox News columnist Sally Kohn, vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan's speech at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday "was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech."

"On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold," Kohn wrote.

In a surprising move, Fox News joined CNN,The Huffington Post, the Washington Post's Wonkblog, and banned site link - malware reported in publishing a fact-check of the Republican vice presidential nominee's speech, finding that the speech was full of lies and misleading assertions.

Kohn, who describes herself as a "progressive voice on Fox News," wrote in her Thursday column that though Ryan came off as likable during his speech, his misrepresentations and omissions "caused a much larger problem for himself and his running mate."

In contrast, several Fox News commentators praised Ryan's speech on air after the event, without mentioning his misleading claims, according to Media Matters.

In her column, Kohn called out four lies in Ryan's speech. She critcized Ryan for blaming President Obama for the shutdown of a General Motors plant in Janesville, Wis., that actually was closed during the Bush administration. She also knocked Ryan for pinning the blame for S&P's downgrade of U.S. debton Obama, when Republicans in Congress helped precipitate the downgrade by threatening to refuse to raise the debt ceiling.

"The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth," Kohn wrote.

You can read Sally Kohn's full takedown of Paul Ryan's speech for Fox News here.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 13

Truer words have never been spoken....

“None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers, a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us.” ~Paul Ryan

Sorry DS - when libs can't debate they try to discredit. No lies from Paul Ryan last night.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

Sally Kohn in 4 Words

Liberal-Lying-Obama Mouthpiece

Sally Kohn, one of a few liberals that make FOX unwatchable

from time to time.....I love the mute button :D

1) Banal.

As an opinion writer, Sally Kohn should know that being boring is perhaps the worst sin one can commit. Sometimes you can't help it, you're doing as much to impart information as you are expounding on an opinion, but you should avoid it whenever possible.

This article was worse than merely boring, however, it was predictable. Indeed, the meme from the Left today seems to be that Paul Ryan is a Lying Liar who Lies. Strangely enough, that's not just the meme from the media, but from the DNC, too. I'm sure that's just coincidence, though.

2) Fantastical

In the meat of her article, Ms. Kohn calls out several "Facts" which she asserts. She's absolutely wrong. Let's look at them:

a) Debt Ceiling

Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling.

Only in Liberal La-La land do you keep a good credit rating by taking on more debt. The credit rating was slashed because the United States had no plan to deal with it's debt. Several credit agencies specifically said that just raising the debt ceiling wasn't going to cut it- a real plan to reduce future deficits had to be put in place. The single biggest obstacle to that was President Obama.

B) Janesville GM Plant

Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush.

You'll hear this a lot, and it's a blatant lie. While much production had been shut down by the end of 2008, the plant was still open until April of 2009. More importantly, given Mr. Obama's level of influence, if not control, over GM by that time, it's also worth it to mention that the Janesville Plant was passed over for a new car line before it closed.

Just as important, you'll notice she doesn't quote Mr. Ryan or how he "blamed President Obama for the shut down..." That' because he didn't. Here's Mr. Ryan's quote:

A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that G.M. plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said, "I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another 100 years."

That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.

Barack Obama promised that, with government support, that plant would still be there "for another 100 years." That government support came, the plant is still closed. Where is the lie?

http://dedicatedtenther.blogspot.com/2012/08/sally-kohn-in-3-words.html

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

“None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers, a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us.” ~Paul Ryan

A more ingenious quote has never been spoken than Ryan's from last night. This one will last the test of time!

I also really like the New Mexico's governor's speech. Very moving. Her story about how she switched parties was excellent!

GP

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

By Sally Kohn On August 30, 2012 · Leave a CommentFox News asked me to write the liberal response to Paul Ryan’s GOP convention speech last night. So I did. I described it in three words: Dazzling, Deceiving and Distracting.

Here’s a sample:

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.

Do read the entire piece here. It’s making quite a stir.

It was even tweeted by comedian (and voice of Remy the rat in my kid’s favorite movie, Ratatouille!) Patton Oswalt:

Did we really expect anything else to actually come out of their liberal mouths.

I certainly didn't. Their running scared now cause they know the end is near and the endless money tree is withering. I know I cant wait for their little grubby hands to be out of my wallet .

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2

I read her article...talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I listened to Ryan's speech and found it to be genuine. Her article on the other hand, is false and misleading at best. I did a little digging and here is one item that shows Ryan speaks the truth while Kohn deceives:

1. On February 13, 2008 Obama said in Janesville : “I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.”

2. In June 2008 GM announced that the Janesville plant would stop production of medium-duty trucks by the end of 2009, and stop production of large SUVs in 2010 or sooner.

3. In October 2008 Obama doubled down on his promise to keep Janesville plant open: “As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America.”

4. In December 2008 GM idled production of GM SUVs at the Janesville plant. Medium-duty truck assembly continued.

5. In April 2009, four months after Obama was inaugurated, GM idled production of medium-duty trucks.

6. In September 2011, more than two years after Obama was inaugurated, GM reiterates that Janesville plant is on “stand by status.” Auto industry observer David Cole, tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel it would be premature to say the Janesville plant will never reopen.

6. Today the GM facility in Janesville still has not been retooled “so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs,” as Obama promised.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I read her article...talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I listened to Ryan's speech and found it to be genuine. Her article on the other hand, is false and misleading at best. I did a little digging and here is one item that shows Ryan speaks the truth while Kohn deceives:

1. On February 13, 2008 Obama said in Janesville : “I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.”

2. In June 2008 GM announced that the Janesville plant would stop production of medium-duty trucks by the end of 2009, and stop production of large SUVs in 2010 or sooner.

3. In October 2008 Obama doubled down on his promise to keep Janesville plant open: “As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America.”

4. In December 2008 GM idled production of GM SUVs at the Janesville plant. Medium-duty truck assembly continued.

5. In April 2009, four months after Obama was inaugurated, GM idled production of medium-duty trucks.

6. In September 2011, more than two years after Obama was inaugurated, GM reiterates that Janesville plant is on “stand by status.” Auto industry observer David Cole, tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel it would be premature to say the Janesville plant will never reopen.

6. Today the GM facility in Janesville still has not been retooled “so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs,” as Obama promised.

Stimulus was put in place and loans were given to the automakers. GM plans to shutdown the plant were due to dismal sales of large SUVs.

Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler. Government gave help to a crippling industry as promised... automakers made their business decisions. Obama could not run GM or decide their operations.

About 1,200 employees were let go just before Christmas when GM ended SUV production at the plant.

Some 100 workers were retained to finish an order of small- to medium-duty trucks for Isuzu Motors Ltd.

Others were kept on to help guide the plant’s shutdown.

The Janesville plant ended its SUV production line and laid off over 1,000 workers in December 2008, but the plant didn’t officially close. It continued to churn out an order of Isuzu trucks until April 2009, while the local union lobbied GM for a lifeline. In May, GM put the plant onto standby, meaning that it wasn’t completely shutting the door on it.

• Upvote 1

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Janesville GM Assembly Plant

On February 13, 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama stated, "This can be America’s future. I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your Governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made – how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President."

He said it . Ryan did not lie . I'm not saying he was at fault but he was there and he made promises he couldn't keep. Just like all the other promises he couldn't keep. I just hope he keeps the most important one. "If I don't cut the deficit in half in three years . I will be a one term president" Keep your fingers crossed folks

• Upvote 1

On February 13, 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama stated, "This can be America’s future. I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your Governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made – how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President."

He said it . Ryan did not lie . I'm not saying he was at fault but he was there and he made promises he couldn't keep. Just like all the other promises he couldn't keep. I just hope he keeps the most important one. "If I don't cut the deficit in half in three years . I will be a one term president" Keep your fingers crossed folks

Right, promises he couldn't keep!

• Upvote 1

Where did he promise to keep it open? He said if ther government can help support it and that he wants it to succeed and that as President he'd fight to help them. Where does he say "I promise if I get GM the money, they'll keep this open"? I don't read that in there.

You guys take someone saying they want to do everything they can to keep these people's factory open to that being a promise to do so.

Sally Kohn in 4 Words

Liberal-Lying-Obama Mouthpiece

Sally Kohn, one of a few liberals that make FOX unwatchable

from time to time.....I love the mute button :D

1) Banal.

As an opinion writer, Sally Kohn should know that being boring is perhaps the worst sin one can commit. Sometimes you can't help it, you're doing as much to impart information as you are expounding on an opinion, but you should avoid it whenever possible.

This article was worse than merely boring, however, it was predictable. Indeed, the meme from the Left today seems to be that Paul Ryan is a Lying Liar who Lies. Strangely enough, that's not just the meme from the media, but from the DNC, too. I'm sure that's just coincidence, though.

2) Fantastical

In the meat of her article, Ms. Kohn calls out several "Facts" which she asserts. She's absolutely wrong. Let's look at them:

a) Debt Ceiling

Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling.

Only in Liberal La-La land do you keep a good credit rating by taking on more debt. The credit rating was slashed because the United States had no plan to deal with it's debt. Several credit agencies specifically said that just raising the debt ceiling wasn't going to cut it- a real plan to reduce future deficits had to be put in place. The single biggest obstacle to that was President Obama.

B) Janesville GM Plant

Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush.

You'll hear this a lot, and it's a blatant lie. While much production had been shut down by the end of 2008, the plant was still open until April of 2009. More importantly, given Mr. Obama's level of influence, if not control, over GM by that time, it's also worth it to mention that the Janesville Plant was passed over for a new car line before it closed.

Just as important, you'll notice she doesn't quote Mr. Ryan or how he "blamed President Obama for the shut down..." That' because he didn't. Here's Mr. Ryan's quote:

A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that G.M. plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said, "I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another 100 years."

That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.

Barack Obama promised that, with government support, that plant would still be there "for another 100 years." That government support came, the plant is still closed. Where is the lie?

http://dedicatedtenther.blogspot.com/2012/08/sally-kohn-in-3-words.html

What a great post. Thank You Cris. I just have one more thing I would like to mention about the kohn. That is the uglyest woman with the most repulsive sh8iteating grin this planet has ever had to look at. Not to mention her economicterrorist boss g soros.

That would be just my humble opinion!

• Upvote 2

Where did he promise to keep it open? He said if ther government can help support it and that he wants it to succeed and that as President he'd fight to help them. Where does he say "I promise if I get GM the money, they'll keep this open"? I don't read that in there.

You guys take someone saying they want to do everything they can to keep these people's factory open to that being a promise to do so.

This wasn't a promise; he did provide the auto bailout loans in an effort to support the auto makers. If it was a promise, in any sort, he came through with the financial support for GM.

• Upvote 1

Kitman, I am sorry you don't get it. Would you stop you are embarassing your self. Please just let the grownups handle this. ;)

• Upvote 1

What's odd in my book, was out of all the GM/Chevy dealers they closed, all but 2 were owned by people who were registered Republicans. One of the remaining 2, was caught donating to the Republican party, and the last was in the way of one of the family members of O's car czar, which was conveniently closed so said family member could monopolize the area's auto sales. Crooked snakes in my book. Oh but Mr bipartisan would never do such a thing right? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

What's odd in my book, was out of all the GM/Chevy dealers they closed, all but 2 were owned by people who were registered Republicans. One of the remaining 2, was caught donating to the Republican party, and the last was in the way of one of the family members of O's car czar, which was conveniently closed so said family member could monopolize the area's auto sales. Crooked snakes in my book. Oh but Mr bipartisan would never do such a thing right? :rolleyes:

Looks like the phantom negger got ya buddy, Im all out of pluses

today, but you're right....What a coincidence that the dealerships were

Republicans...I forgot all about those shenanigans from the POTUS. <_<

What a great post. Thank You Cris. I just have one more thing I would like to mention about the kohn. That is the uglyest woman with the most repulsive sh8iteating grin this planet has ever had to look at. Not to mention her economicterrorist boss g soros.

Lmao... :D

• Upvote 3

I think the new term that should be coined for the actions of the current administration is "Crony Communism".

hahahahahahaha!!!

I was at one time a registered democrat. I switched parties because the democratic platform continued to swing further and further to the extreme left.

As a person of moral values I simply could not continue to remain in group that violated every value I held dear.

GP

• Upvote 3

Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) claimed during his convention speech Wednesday that President Obama is responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, as many media outlets have noted, GM announced plans to close the plant in June ’08 — long before Obama was even elected — and it ceased major operations in December of that year.

For proof, just ask one of the more prominent supporters of the Janesville plant shutdown — the George W. Bush Administration. After all, the closure was part of a broader GM restructuring initiative that the then-President supported. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino even praised itas evidence of GM “adapting well:”

The White House called the announcement a sign that the auto giant was “adapting well” to market shifts.

“It’s a sign that Detroit continues to adapt and evolve and address the change in consumer tastes and attitudes. And I think that they’re adapting well,” spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

“And they’ll make these changes, and hopefully be able to pull themselves up out of what has been a rough several years,” she said. …

GM plans to shutter production at its Toluca, Mexico, pickup truck at the end of the year and its Oshawa, Canada plant will be closed in 2009. Plants in Moraine, Ohio and Janesville, Wisconsin, are slated for closure in 2010 “or sooner if market demand dictates,” GM said.

In keeping with the rest of the night’s theme of ignoring and whitewashing the Bush Administration’s disastrous record, Ryan failed to mention this inconvenient history.

Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) claimed during his convention speech Wednesday that President Obama is responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, as many media outlets have noted, GM announced plans to close the plant in June ’08 — long before Obama was even elected — and it ceased major operations in December of that year.

For proof, just ask one of the more prominent supporters of the Janesville plant shutdown — the George W. Bush Administration. After all, the closure was part of a broader GM restructuring initiative that the then-President supported. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino even praised itas evidence of GM “adapting well:”

In keeping with the rest of the night’s theme of ignoring and whitewashing the Bush Administration’s disastrous record, Ryan failed to mention this inconvenient history.

Edited by sandstorm

Sally who? I watch Fox news everyday and don't even know who she is :unsure::lol:

I agree with you R2D2! Another great post so thanks again Cris.

I have to go find out who this ugly woman is :lol: I do know she is mean and ugly inside.

• Upvote 1

Sally who? I watch Fox news everyday and don't even know who she is :unsure::lol:

I agree with you R2D2! Another great post so thanks again Cris.

I have to go find out who this ugly woman is :lol: I do know she is mean and ugly inside.

She's not really ugly...She's just so ugly inside,

it exudes from every pore....She's an O'blah Mouthpiece

and apologist for his and other Liberals constant hate

filled rhetoric.

PortlandOWScops.jpg?a=17

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 2

She's not really ugly...She's just so ugly inside,

it exudes from every pore....She's an O'blah Mouthpiece

and apologist for his and other Liberals constant hate

filled rhetoric.

PortlandOWScops.jpg?a=17

Oh Lord! I do know who this is...absolutely can't stand her and the blasphemies that come out of her mouth. When I see her I just mute until I see that she is gone and try to not pay attention to her smirking. She DOES NOT represent the majority of American women! Thank God.

• Upvote 1