Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Texas Voter ID Law Rejected By Federal Court

dinar_stud

Texas Voter ID Law Rejected By Federal Court

WASHINGTON -- A federal court has ruled against a Texas law that would require voters to present photo IDs to election officials before being allowed to cast ballots in November.

A three-judge panel in Washington ruled Thursday that the law imposes "strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor" and noted that racial minorities in Texas are more likely to live in poverty.

The decision involves an increasingly contentious political issue: a push, largely by Republican-controlled legislatures and governor's offices, to impose strict identification requirements on voters.

The ruling comes in the same week that South Carolina's strict photo ID law is on trial in front of another three-judge panel in the same federal courthouse. A court ruling in the South Carolina case is expected in time for the November election.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Sounds like the vote fraud enthusiast's (democrats) will be happy <_<

Voter ID is not going away, this is just a little blip from a court that

is either complicit or doesn't understand that fraud happens in

every election....Complicit is my guess.

I have no doubt that the overturning will be overturned....And this court

may be looking for new jobs in the near future.

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What does living in poverty...have to do with having an id. maybe texas should give out free id cards.....to relieve the big burden. another junk unamerican court that would rather see voter fraud than to burden someone for a name and photo

they get food stamps, government housing, free child care, why not throw in a $2 id card

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 7

Sounds like the vote fraud enthusiast's (democrats) will be happy <_<

Voter ID is not going away, this is just a little blip from a court that

is either complicit or doesn't understand that fraud happens in

every election....Complicit is my guess.

I have no doubt that the overturning will be overturned....And this court

may be looking for new jobs in the near future.

I will ask you as I asked your buddy slb, where is the proof and what are the numbers to backup rampant voter fraud???

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I will ask you as I asked your buddy slb, where is the proof and what are the numbers to backup rampant voter fraud???

Did I say rampant?....Nope....Do I believe that....Yep ;)

Its easy to find....Go look for it....Wait, here's one for you.

South Texas voter fraud is rampant, seldom prosecuted

January 01, 2011 10:17 PM

Texas Watchdog

DEL RIO — In a courtroom here, Dora Gonzalez confessed.

She had intentionally hampered the voting process by mishandling more than 100 absentee ballots in the March 2 Democratic primary in Val Verde County. By 29 votes, her employer, County Commissioner Jesus Ortiz, had won the primary, effectively handing him re-election in this Democratic county. Challenger Gus Flores alleged voter fraud and sued.

A judge ruled in August that Gonzalez’ activity on Ortiz’ behalf was illegal and ordered a new primary. Under close scrutiny, the election was won by Flores with a 306-vote margin.

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/rio-45868-seldom-south.html

Heres another....All you have to do is go look.....search criteria 'voter fraud'

More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light

Congressional Democrats still want the group to be eligible for federal money.

By JOHN FUND

Democrats are split on how to deal with Acorn, the liberal "community organizing" group that deployed thousands of get-out-the-vote workers last election. State and city Democratic officials -- who've been contending with its many scandals -- are moving against it. Washington Democrats are still sweeping Acorn abuses under a rug.

On Monday, Nevada officials charged Acorn, its regional director and its Las Vegas field director with submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms last year. Larry Lomax, the registrar of voters in Las Vegas, says he believes 48% of Acorn's forms "are clearly fraudulent." On Thursday, prosecutors in Pittsburgh, Pa., also charged seven Acorn employees with filing hundreds of fraudulent voter registrations before last year's general election.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html

Want to know how to limit this?.....Yep, Voter ID

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

What does living in poverty...have to do with having an id. maybe texas should give out free id cards.....to relieve the big burden. another junk unamerican court that would rather see voter fraud than to burden someone for a name and photo

they get food stamps, government housing, free child care, why not throw in a $2 id card

wow great advise sand! Have you thought of going into politics? biggrin.gif

Don't forget they get free medical too BTW.

• Upvote 3

This country has been flushed down the drain.

You need ID:

Buy alcohol

Buy cigarettes

Apply for welfare

Apply for food stamps

Cash a check

Purchase a firearm

Make any large credit card purchase

Open a bank account

Rent an apartment

Be admitted to a hospital

Get a marriage license

WHAT THE FORK is wrong with this country??!!

• Upvote 5

Did I say rampant?....Nope....Do I believe that....Yep wink.gif

Its easy to find....Go look for it....Wait, here's one for you.

South Texas voter fraud is rampant, seldom prosecuted

January 01, 2011 10:17 PM

Texas Watchdog

DEL RIO — In a courtroom here, Dora Gonzalez confessed.

She had intentionally hampered the voting process by mishandling more than 100 absentee ballots in the March 2 Democratic primary in Val Verde County. By 29 votes, her employer, County Commissioner Jesus Ortiz, had won the primary, effectively handing him re-election in this Democratic county. Challenger Gus Flores alleged voter fraud and sued.

A judge ruled in August that Gonzalez’ activity on Ortiz’ behalf was illegal and ordered a new primary. Under close scrutiny, the election was won by Flores with a 306-vote margin.

http://www.themonito...ldom-south.html

Heres another....All you have to do is go look.....search criteria 'voter fraud'

More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light

Congressional Democrats still want the group to be eligible for federal money.

By JOHN FUND

Democrats are split on how to deal with Acorn, the liberal "community organizing" group that deployed thousands of get-out-the-vote workers last election. State and city Democratic officials -- who've been contending with its many scandals -- are moving against it. Washington Democrats are still sweeping Acorn abuses under a rug.

On Monday, Nevada officials charged Acorn, its regional director and its Las Vegas field director with submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms last year. Larry Lomax, the registrar of voters in Las Vegas, says he believes 48% of Acorn's forms "are clearly fraudulent." On Thursday, prosecutors in Pittsburgh, Pa., also charged seven Acorn employees with filing hundreds of fraudulent voter registrations before last year's general election.

http://online.wsj.co...0646102435.html

Want to know how to limit this?.....Yep, Voter ID

Cris,

I would expect nothing less..... You do realize you've submitted two different kinds of fraud.

Example #1 is Voter Fraud, so you get a +1 for that.

Example #2 is Voter REGISTRATION fraud, which will never, ever, be cleared up by voter ID bills. So -1 for that.

Comparing registration fraud to voter fraud is not even close to the same thing. If you want to learn more about voter registration fraud, google Thadeus McCotter® from Michigan. He is losing his seat in the House of Representatives as he has been removed from the ballot in Michigan because he turned in hundreds of fraudulent signatures in order to qualify for the ballot. Voter ID bills would not have stopped this.

So you've shown us one case of true voter fraud, performed by one person(or two). So that's a good reason to elminate hundreds of thousands of truly eligible voters from having their vote counted? Sounds to me like you're dropping a 500lb bomb on a wasps nest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good Question!

Cris,

I would expect nothing less..... You do realize you've submitted two different kinds of fraud.

Example #2 is Voter REGISTRATION fraud, which will never, ever, be cleared up by voter ID bills. So -1 for that.

Comparing registration fraud to voter fraud is not even close to the same thing. If you want to learn more about voter registration fraud, google Thadeus McCotter® from Michigan. He is losing his seat in the House of Representatives as he has been removed from the ballot in Michigan because he turned in hundreds of fraudulent signatures in order to qualify for the ballot. Voter ID bills would not have stopped this.

So you've shown us one case of true voter fraud, performed by one person(or two). So that's a good reason to elminate hundreds of thousands of truly eligible voters from having their vote counted? Sounds to me like you're dropping a 500lb bomb on a wasps nest.

Yup, thats the way it sounds to me too.

If it stands it will obviously help the Republicans though, they will take the "help" any way they can get it.

• Downvote 4

It costs $9 dollars here in Oregon to get an ID card. Poor people smoke, drink and eat fast food, just like middle-class and rich people do. These things cost CASH MONEY, food stamps will not pay for them. Each month welfare recipients get a cash stipend from the government along with their food card, and housing. If they can afford cigarrettes, booze and fast food, they sure as hell can put aside 10-20 dollars for a friggin ID.

There are many programs in inner-cities and elsewhere, where private charities will help homeless folks become established with an address, and ID. If there is a will, there is a way. I know this because I grew up poor, and lived on the streets at 15. I busted my ass, didn't wallow in self-pity, and pulled myself out of it within a year. I hustled my butt and started my own window-washing business. (Which I later sold for 15K)

There are many ways to get what you need to move ahead in life, but you have to jump through a ton of hoops and work hard to get it. The simple factor here is: LAZINESS. Plain and simple...So save it with the whole idea that "poor people can't afford to acquire an ID"... Gimme a break... If they have money for cigs and booze, they have the money for a friggin ID.

If you don't have an ID, but are eligible to vote, skip the cigs, booze, Big Macs for a few days, and GET YOUR BUT DOWN TO THE DMV and GET AND ID!!!

Edited by thegente
  • Upvote 8

Cris,

He asked for fraud.....and yes there are different varieties.

I just grabbed the first 2 right at the top.....If I wanted to, I could vote in 20

different locations. Or hire 2 people to vote in 40 locations with the fraudulent

registrations.....It would be simple, unless I had to have an ID.

If I can think of easy ways to do it....Without a doubt, its happening a lot.

Go get an Id, you need it to collect welfare anyway. ;)

• Upvote 4

Good Question!

Yup, thats the way it sounds to me too.

If it stands it will obviously help the Republicans though, they will take the "help" any way they can get it.

One helluva a bomb and a great deal of hatred toward less fortunate people in these threads. These are premium cases of creating social division within the country.

A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.

The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000. With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It costs $9 dollars here in Oregon to get an ID card. Poor people smoke, drink and eat fast food, just like middle-class and rich people do. These things cost CASH MONEY, food stamps will not pay for them. Each month welfare recipients get a cash stipend from the government along with their food card, and housing. If they can afford cigarrettes, booze and fast food, they sure as hell can put aside 10-20 dollars for a friggin ID.

There are many programs in inner-cities and elsewhere, where private charities will help homeless folks become established with an address, and ID. If there is a will, there is a way. I know this because I grew up poor, and lived on the streets at 15. I busted my ass, didn't wallow in self-pity, and pulled myself out of it within a year. I hustled my butt and started my own window-washing business. (Which I later sold for 15K)

There are many ways to get what you need to move ahead in life, but you have to jump through a ton of hoops and work hard to get it. The simple factor here is: LAZINESS. Plain and simple...So save it with the whole idea that "poor people can't afford to acquire an ID"... Gimme a break... If they have money for cigs and booze, they have the money for a friggin ID.

If you don't have an ID, but are eligible to vote, skip the cigs, booze, Big Macs for a few days, and GET YOUR BUT DOWN TO THE DMV and GET AND ID!!!

OUTFRIGGINSTANDING post Gente, couldn't have said it better myself!!! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gifemot-downsbravo.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I just grabbed the first 2 right at the top.....If I wanted to, I could vote in 20

different locations. Or hire 2 people to vote in 40 locations with the fraudulent

Go get an Id, you need it to collect welfare anyway. wink.gif

I got an ID, I needed it for my job. So nice try....... But good work on assumptions......

However, my grandmother who's been voting in this country since 1946 does not. So you want to take away her vote?

What ever happened to the moderate middle in this country? It appears we're either whacko right wing or lefty liberal now. No more Reagan Democrats or Moderate Republicans any more. Just complete lack of respect among fellow Americans. Of course that's why Independents now out number both Republicans and Democrats. Sooner or later there will be a set of leaders emerge from this "middle" in American politics. But until that happens, we're stuck with the two sets of crapola we have now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Poor people already have ID's, this is a bunch of poop. We should all be happy to show our ID when voting to prove we are who we say we are, and to prevent anyone else from voting for us in our name. The only people that have a problem with it are the ones that have something to hide, just like my drug-dealing neighbors that don't like my surveilance camera pointing at the street. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There are many ways to get what you need to move ahead in life, but you have to jump through a ton of hoops and work hard to get it. The simple factor here is: LAZINESS. Plain and simple...

So what about the "working poor" that are busting their butt's just to simply survive?

Take a couple hours off work, maybe risking the only job they could find, to appease the Repub's requirement's for them to vote? It's the timing of all this that bothers me. Not The ID's.

Go get an Id, you need it to collect welfare anyway. wink.gif

I can only vote at my precinct, not even at the county offices any more.

The working poor only need a SS# card to get a job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One helluva a bomb and a great deal of hatred toward less fortunate people in these threads. These are premium cases of creating social division within the country.

A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.

The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000. With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters.

Your ridiculous. why do you assume low income people dont have an id?? Where is this burden? They needed id or some form to gain govt assistance. you are required to show an id, during a police stop, cashing a check, purchasing cigs and alcohol, to buyan airline ticket, to open a bank account, and on and on.

the only thing a voter id is for, is to show you are who you say you are. otherwise you could vote undersomeone else, vote multiple times, etc. what world are we in, when its legal to be illegal. go figure

• Upvote 4

I agree 100%!!! whats next subsidize housing,food & utilities?..........................................wait thats already being done! Maybe we should pay for their Drivers lic as well-smh. I'm shocked that we would suggest people provide proper id's when voting.............SHOCKED I SAY!!!!

• Upvote 1

80% of crime goes undetected and unpunished....So multiply your numbers

by at least that much.....I would say its probably higher, because the Liberals

have been trying for years to sweep the problem under the rug.

If I lived in an area that needs no ID (Liberal) and wanted to fraudulently vote,

what I would do is look in the phone book or address' from county records....find the

people who arent registered (easy to do) go to their address, steal some mail (a bill)

Now I am that person, as far as voting goes....I dont even need the registration card

that comes in the mail to that address.

What I need is a piece of mail that has my supposed name on it. And, if that person

decides to vote with their magically arriving registration, I just have to be to the

polls before them.

In my little tri-city area of 70k people, there are 50 different places to vote....If I didnt

need an ID, I could vote in all 50 places....Or hire 5 people to vote in 10 each.

Fortunately, we've been required to have ID for a long, long time.....In areas where

there are 'less fortunate' people....They still need ID to get welfare.

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 4

Your ridiculous. why do you assume low income people dont have an id?? Where is this burden? They needed id or some form to gain govt assistance. you are required to show an id, during a police stop, cashing a check, purchasing cigs and alcohol, to buyan airline ticket, to open a bank account, and on and on.

the only thing a voter id is for, is to show you are who you say you are. otherwise you could vote undersomeone else, vote multiple times, etc. what world are we in, when its legal to be illegal. go figure

Are you blind? It's your buddies speaking badly about poor people.

You guys do not realize it's not just poor people who may not have a photo id. As an example, see Kiteman's comments about his grandmother. You continue to use the same tired list of why people need an id. Why do you think its people that need government assistance?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So what about the "working poor" that are busting their butt's just to simply survive?

Take a couple hours off work, maybe risking the only job they could find, to appease the Repub's requirement's for them to vote? It's the timing of all this that bothers me. Not The ID's.

I can only vote at my precinct, not even at the county offices any more.

The working poor only need a SS# card to get a job.

Maggie, I understand there are working poor, but are you actually going to tell me they can't put $20 together for an ID? BS. I lost everything during the crash and was near homeless twice. I work in finance and real estate, and things were so screwy at that time, I took a job as an assitant to an apartment manager while I built a new business in the mean time. All I got was a roof over my head and 100 bucks per month. We ate rice and beans and Top Ramen, while our neighbors, who were "working poor" and on welfare, sat on their stoops all day ,or after work, and drank beer and smoked cigarrettes, BBQ'ed and gossipped. Not all mind you, but most of them. And all they did was complain about how bad life was. I would tell them to work 3 jobs if you need to to get out of a bad situation. They said HELL NO... I just think it's a total crock that someone can't save $20 over a few months to get an ID card, no matter HOW poor you are. Again Maggie, I can say all this because I've been there, and I know what it takes to get out. I realize there aren't many jobs out there, but that's the way things are right now, and if you have to work 2-3 jobs to better your life, so be it.

• Upvote 4