Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's say R. V. @ .40

eddiemac

If we do finally get a R. V. And it comes out at. 40 cents per dinar. What is the very first thing you do after you get the net cash, in your account? Would it be wise to Pay your house out in full? Or would it be best to at least keep a small

Mortgage in order to have a tax write off? I only say. 40 cuz that would not make me rich by most standards, just wondering.

First thing I'd do is take a long trip abroad.... At last... ( Had to stay here for the last 3 years for lack of funds).

With a .40 cents per Dinar RV.....I'd be rich ( for my needs and expectations, at least).

Hopefully you'll make it to the states and a little stop in Alabama!

If we do finally get a R. V. And it comes out at. 40 cents per dinar. What is the very first thing you do after you get the net cash, in your account? Would it be wise to Pay your house out in full? Or would it be best to at least keep a small

Mortgage in order to have a tax write off? I only say. 40 cuz that would not make me rich by most standards, just wondering.

It depends,

if you are upside down in your mortgage like most are these days, don't pay it off.......... just rent it out or let it go. Why reward the banks again???

Then buy a new house :)

• Upvote 6

I really would like do some ( Elvis things ) for some of the family/ friends that I care about. Can you imagine telling someone dear to you that you have just paid off their house or that new car in the driveway is for you ( here are the keys , title , and a little extra for sales tax ) !!! How cool would that be. I would definitely like to help some people and then travel, travel, travel !!!

Quad B)

• Upvote 5

hI eddiemac, If you have a decent percentage rate on your mortgage you would likely be better off investing the money and could get a higher rate of return on it than what you will save on paying off your mortgage. A good example would be if I have a 5% interest rate on my mortgage but could gain better than a 5% return on investment then the better option is to invest it in sound investments (but not likely to be the typical stock market stocks though in the current economic environment)

Gold, silver, and precious metals and solid mining stocks would likely be a more secure investment. Also water resources will probably prove to be an extremely valuable investment for the future with the droughts and diminishing water supplies around the globe.

This strategy will provide you with finances for the future and not just provide you with a free and clear home.

Keep the money you make on the IQD working for you by reinvesting it.

GP

• Upvote 6

They are NOT getting my dinar for .40 cents sorry i wil continue to wait it out theres absolutely no way its gonna stay there it wil eventually get to 1.00 and when it does im cashing all out or around there. Im doing ok for now, so im looking for the BIG pay out :) Everyones personal situation is different.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 5

It depends,

if you are upside down in your mortgage like most are these days, don't pay it off.......... just rent it out or let it go. Why reward the banks again???

Then buy a new house :)

[/quote

I like the way you think! Right on!!! +1

• Upvote 2

Thank you.. That would be worth it just to meet you, Sister.

Umb,

Make the rounds :)

Pay off debt, college for the kids, buy beach home. Oh and party in vegas with my dv friends. :D

Ditto :)

File a lawsuit against my ex.

If I were your ex, I will be shaking lol

• Upvote 1

I would like to purchase a historic home on the Nat'l Historic Register & start a B&B.

I'd have residual income coming in at retirement after the cash in runs out.

I would pass the B&B on to my family after I passed on.

Income would be provided for generations to come.

That's my dream. Not a very big one but it's my dream.

• Upvote 4

I really would like do some ( Elvis things ) for some of the family/ friends that I care about. Can you imagine telling someone dear to you that you have just paid off their house or that new car in the driveway is for you ( here are the keys , title , and a little extra for sales tax ) !!! How cool would that be. I would definitely like to help some people and then travel, travel, travel !!!

Quad B)

Exactly my plan also! Plus spoil my kids and piss off the EX's

My question is what do people consider rich? One Million? Five Million? Or more?

That depends on the single Individual's perspective....I'm currently at an all-time low financially so to me one Million Euros would mean being rich and be able to do a lot of things.

For some one Million ( dollars / euros) is absolutely nothing. One has also to calculate their age and life expectation and lifestyle they'd visualize for themselves and which location in the world they'd want to live.... Also how many other people they'd want to take care of.

Edited by umbertino

The real issue with paying off your mortgage is if you can make more money investing the money than what you save paying off the mortgage. Especially as low as mortgage interests rates are now. My mortgage rate is 4.5%. Silver just rose about 10% within a few days. Money in silver would have given you over 10% return when you would have only saved 5% by paying off your mortgage.

The way you think about money determines your financial future. Delaying immediate gratification enables one to invest money that would have been spent and forgotten and reap payoff on it later. This is a radical change of how many people learn to think about finances growing up but is the type of approach that those who become financially independent take.

I was never taught this way of thinking and have had to adjust my approach to finances to think more of the future than just what I can get in the present.

I intend to use any return on IQD to reinvest almost all of it to keep increasing my net worth and keep the money working for me.

I am not a broker or financial adviser. Just someone learning as he goes who wishes he would have learned some of these things a little sooner.

GP

• Upvote 3