Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank decided to launch the new currency in the 7/1/2013

Tripphood

Monday, 27 August / August 2012 15:06

Brother Sam Mullah: A member of the parliamentary Finance Committee, a coalition of law Haitham al-Jubouri said "the central bank decided to launch the new currency in the 7/1/2013 after postponing the launch in 1/1 of the current year.

Jubouri said in a statement singled out by the reporter and news news agency (et) that the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives in favor of this proposal, however this approach because we believe that the purchasing value of the Iraqi dinar, inflation and money laundering will cease in case of currency exchange.

"If the currency was replaced and increased the value of the Iraqi dinar will be the demand for hard currency lower. Noting" that the distinctive character of the currency the next smaller size and increase the value of purchasing and if those values ​​are available in Iraqi currency there was no inflation.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.lalishduhok.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D16003:--------71-2013%26catid%3D45:2010-10-12-15-08-38%26Itemid%3D116&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D8%25B1%25D8%25A7%25D9%2582%2B%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AF%25D9%258A%25D9%2586%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1%26start%3D110%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D614%26tbs%3Dqdr:d%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=PtA7UKe2E8bBygHVmoCoAQ&ved=0CHsQ7gEwCThu

I really hope this has no bearing on the any day now RV we are all expecting. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 2

will they just declare our dinars ' worthless' ??

i heard that both currencies will co-exist for 2 years

despite our holdings---numerous foreign governments are holding IQD

;) ;)

Well if they will co-exist I would think they would both be good

will they just declare our dinars ' worthless' ??

i heard that both currencies will co-exist for 2 years

despite our holdings---numerous foreign governments are holding IQD

;) ;)

Did we ever find proof of governments holding IQD?....... These dates they throw out really mean nothing anymore, they change daily... Even if they end up lopping, which I don't believe they will, our dinars won't be worthless even then, just not worth as much as we wanted..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Brother Sam Mullah: A member of the parliamentary Finance Committee, a coalition of law Haitham al-Jubouri said "the central bank decided to launch the new currency in the 7/1/2013 after postponing the launch in 1/1 of the current year.

Jubouri said in a statement singled out by the reporter and news news agency (et) that the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives in favor of this proposal, however this approach because we believe that the purchasing value of the Iraqi dinar, inflation and money laundering will cease in case of currency exchange.

"If the currency was replaced and increased the value of the Iraqi dinar will be the demand for hard currency lower. Noting" that the distinctive character of the currency the next smaller size and increase the value of purchasing and if those values ​​are available in Iraqi currency there was no inflation.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.lalishduhok.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D16003:--------71-2013%26catid%3D45:2010-10-12-15-08-38%26Itemid%3D116&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D8%25B1%25D8%25A7%25D9%2582%2B%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AF%25D9%258A%25D9%2586%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1%26start%3D110%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D614%26tbs%3Dqdr:d%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=PtA7UKe2E8bBygHVmoCoAQ&ved=0CHsQ7gEwCThu

I really hope this has no bearing on the any day now RV we are all expecting. Any thoughts?

This little article is gonna be argued in so many different ways!

But I kinda like the last part.....the article states that will a rise in value there will be a big demand for lower denoms.......why would that be if the larger notes worth going to be traded at 1000:1(rhetorical question) don't really care for that explanation again

But think about it...... ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Did we ever find proof of governments holding IQD?....... These dates they throw out really mean nothing anymore, they change daily... Even if they end up lopping, which I don't believe they will, our dinars won't be worthless even then, just not worth as much as we wanted..

So true !!!! I'm finished with date watching. We are going to make money we just don't know when or how much unfortunately !

• Upvote 1

Jubouri is one of Maliki's boys and has said this many times. This is recycled news and I think he is just trying to cause trouble. Dr. Shabibi continues to stay the course and Jubouri keeps acting like he is in charge. I wouldn't put a lot of weight behind this. JMHO.

Thanks Tripphood! + 1 for you

Looks like January 7 to me. July doesn't make since. Dr Shabibi and Saleh have stated this before.

We'll see the CBI's take on this soon I'm sure.

Maybe they are planning one hell of a New Years Party and might take a week to recover!!

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

The CBI is on record about never changing the value of the Dinar Mid-Way through any fiscal year which apparently includes any re-denomiation. So I read this article as January 7,2013.

I agree.........somebody stated a few moons ago that any mid year change will screw up the budget.

• Upvote 1

The CBI is on record about never changing the value of the Dinar Mid-Way through any fiscal year which apparently includes any re-denomiation. So I read this article as January 7,2013.

Does anyone truly believe that Iraq is going to honestly come out and give us a date as to when they plan on making a change to their currency?? Remember what has been stated many times....we will see an abundance of misinformation when this gets ready to break lose!!! I firmly believe we will see an increase in the value next month!! Just my opinion....but we are seeing a whole lot of progress taking place...its time for Iraq to show off their wealth!!!

• Upvote 2

Does anyone truly believe that Iraq is going to honestly come out and give us a date as to when they plan on making a change to their currency?? Remember what has been stated many times....we will see an abundance of misinformation when this gets ready to break lose!!! I firmly believe we will see an increase in the value next month!! Just my opinion....but we are seeing a whole lot of progress taking place...its time for Iraq to show off their wealth!!!

Hoosier,

Good point! This is why I believe that what we want as investors can come at any moment now through the first of next year :)

• Upvote 2

I saw this coming last month when I read that they were trying to convince Shabibi to wait until July of 2013. At least 2 articles on it were posted in DV. I'm sure someone can go back and recover it.

• Upvote 1

I saw this coming last month when I read that they were trying to convince Shabibi to wait until July of 2013. At least 2 articles on it were posted in DV. I'm sure someone can go back and recover it.

Your memory is correct. If Maliki gets his way, it will be pushed back so far, it will look like a taillight in the distance on a foggy night.

If it does get pushed back to the 3rd quarter of 2013, Shabibbi will probably move to push it further to the beginning of the first quarter 2014, for obvious reasons.

When the CBI states their plan for currency reform is a RD, each delay increases the chance that inflation wil again rise above 10%, taking an RD off the table.

As painful as it may seem, Maliki's desire to be King is playing well for folks wanting to see the exchange rate increase, without the zeros being deleted (redenomination).

If you look back to when the inflation was double digits, the CBI raised the rate often to rebalance the economy as it started to grow and introduce the chance of more inflation. They were already having to print more money. Giving the Dinar more purchasing power was the easiest way to keep the inflation coming down, while allowing the economy to keep growing (balancing the amount of money chasing the amount of goods). By increasing the exchange rate, the printing could be kept to a minimum; increasing the exchange rate rather than flooding the economy with more currency to achieve purchasing power.

Some folks here have seen the exchange rate shrink from above 4000:1 to where it is now.

Painfully slow, but no RD. As the economy heats up, the CBI will have to consider rate increases as a weapon against the rising inflation a heated economy brings.

Reader's Digest version; Maliki is keeping the zeros intact, and increasing the possibility that the CBI may have to drop their RD plans. I think this is a good thing for Dinarland. For Iraq's economy; not so much..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1