Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

letter of authenticity

Rohit

I bought some dinar from ebay without letters of authenticity. I looked at the notes and the specific details to watch out for and the bills I bought seem fine. When the revaluation occurs and we all want to sell lets say to some banks, will they require a letter of authenticity before they take in the bills or will they dertemine the authenticity thru their larue machines.? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Don't worry, the DeLaRue machines will let them know you are holding legal tender...and hopefully, you are. Just make sure you have your receipts as proof of purchase. No matter where one purchases their Dinar, it's important to have receipts to prove those bills belong to you and were purchased by you. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Don't worry, the DeLaRue machines will let them know you are holding legal tender...and hopefully, you are. Just make sure you have your receipts as proof of purchase. No matter where one purchases their Dinar, it's important to have receipts to prove those bills belong to you and were purchased by you. Hope this helps.

Dont know why someone would give you a neg., so I evened you out. You are right, check your notes yourself, keep your receipts, and who cares if it was stolen money. ;)

• Upvote 2

I bought some dinar from ebay without letters of authenticity. I looked at the notes and the specific details to watch out for and the bills I bought seem fine. When the revaluation occurs and we all want to sell lets say to some banks, will they require a letter of authenticity before they take in the bills or will they dertemine the authenticity thru their larue machines.? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

no , but look for one that has a DE Lura machine

You can check them yourself. Letters of Authenticity are about as good as the paper they are written on. I have one batch with a letter, which I thought was funny because the letter of A had an expiration date on it :rolleyes: actually from SafeDinar. But the majority of mine have no letter bought from another dealer. But I agree with many others, they are cheaper to buy then counterfeit so I don't think there is a problem here especially on the 25ks. I have receipts too, but don't see why they are needed. Do you have receipts for any $100 US bills you have? Of course not. How about Canadian dollars or pesos? Nope me either. Bottom line is as long as they are authentic the bank or exchange could care less where they came from. IMO but what ever makes you feel comfortable I'd run with that.

Most of that type of stuff comes from the BS gurus, preaching the whole world is out to steal YOUR dinars! Security, no addresses or names, switch bank accts. Oh please! That last powerball winner walked away with over a couple hundred million and is all over the news. I dare say no one is walking out of the dinar world popping a few hundred million dollars. :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Reciepts will be needed for tax purposes....To prove a gain or loss if your filing is examined....You will be asked for purchase and sale documentation. Just a note I sold some stock a few years go at a small loss. The IRS questioned it and I did not have the purchase record as it was many years earlier. The IRS wanted to treat the sale as 100% profit !!! Fortunately thru the broker I was able to pinpoint the date of purchase and price ..After going thru several IRS agents I was able to get a duplicate record accepted AND they cancelled the charge and gave me credit for the loss and a tax refund of slightly over a dollar.. ...

Edited by rockfl9

You can check them yourself. Letters of Authenticity are about as good as the paper they are written on. I have one batch with a letter, which I thought was funny because the letter of A had an expiration date on it :rolleyes: actually from SafeDinar. But the majority of mine have no letter bought from another dealer. But I agree with many others, they are cheaper to buy then counterfeit so I don't think there is a problem here especially on the 25ks. I have receipts too, but don't see why they are needed. Do you have receipts for any $100 US bills you have? Of course not. How about Canadian dollars or pesos? Nope me either. Bottom line is as long as they are authentic the bank or exchange could care less where they came from. IMO but what ever makes you feel comfortable I'd run with that.

Most of that type of stuff comes from the BS gurus, preaching the whole world is out to steal YOUR dinars! Security, no addresses or names, switch bank accts. Oh please! That last powerball winner walked away with over a couple hundred million and is all over the news. I dare say no one is walking out of the dinar world popping a few hundred million dollars. :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your 100% right, who cares where it came from as long as its real. Do you wonder where your USD in your wallet or purse came from.....I didn't think you did. Its cash, everyone likes cash....Cash has no background, you could have won it, worked for it, gambled for it.....SEE :D

ROFL @ certificates of authenticity ROFL!!!!!! Best used as toilet paper or fire kindling. Anyone bringing in the fancy piece of paper to prove it's real will only embarrass themselves when the bankers die laughing.

It;'s currency...it's cash.....you don't need any proof of where you got currency other than if you are claiming it as a long term investment , then you'd need to show ya owned it for a year.

EBAY is a perfectly fine place to buy Dinar. It would cost more to make fake dinar than the bills are worth at this point.

• Upvote 2

ROFL @ certificates of authenticity ROFL!!!!!! Best used as toilet paper or fire kindling. Anyone bringing in the fancy piece of paper to prove it's real will only embarrass themselves when the bankers die laughing.

It;'s currency...it's cash.....you don't need any proof of where you got currency other than if you are claiming it as a long term investment , then you'd need to show ya owned it for a year.

EBAY is a perfectly fine place to buy Dinar. It would cost more to make fake dinar than the bills are worth at this point.

I agree that the certificates of authenticity don't mean anything, mass produced pieces of paper from Kinko's. Ali and the other brokers probably have them banded and stacked up like cord wood right next to the bundles of dinar in their warehouses.

I suspect that the reason we don't need receipts for our American money is because it is accepted as legal currency all over the world. I don't believe the dinar is accepted to that same degree, if at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure that none of the banks in or around Kansas City, MO will accept dinar since they are not internationally traded. They are legal currency within iraq, but not anywhere else until the RV occurs and their value changes. I bought all of mine from Dinar Trade, and I have receipts for all of them. DT also sent me certificates of authenticity, which appear to have been run off on the copy machine, and therefore look a bit suspect. haha But since I think they have DT's name on them (although I can't remember for sure, but I think they do), I have saved them--just in case.

I agree that the certificates of authenticity don't mean anything, mass produced pieces of paper from Kinko's. Ali and the other brokers probably have them banded and stacked up like cord wood right next to the bundles of dinar in their warehouses.

haha true!

I suspect that the reason we don't need receipts for our American money is because it is accepted as legal currency all over the world. I don't believe the dinar is accepted to that same degree, if at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure that none of the banks in or around Kansas City, MO will accept dinar since they are not internationally traded. They are legal currency within iraq, but not anywhere else until the RV occurs and their value changes. I bought all of mine from Dinar Trade, and I have receipts for all of them. DT also sent me certificates of authenticity, which appear to have been run off on the copy maching, and therefore look a bit suspect. haha But since I think they have DT's name on them (although I can't remember for sure, but I think they do), I have saved them--just in case.

haha true!

This is a good point. The U.S. dollar is internationally recognized and the dinar is yet to achieve status in Iraq or around the world, so it does make sense that there should be some kind of validation for the paper we're buying. Especially if it does gain value and become worth more in the future. I've had a passing doubt in my mind that the paper we are buying is worth anything. We do have the security imprints, watermarks, etc. and the strange arabic letters/serial numbers (hopefully these aren't being duplicated in different lots that are purchased, but who knows). :lol:

I could be wrong, but I understand that you may need proof of where you bought your dinar. We have to remember that this is actual currency in Iraq, but outside of that country, it is just pretty paper until they RV and it becomes International currency. And when that happens, the Fed may want to follow the trail of ownership of your dinar, possibly even clear back to the point of origin, where it actually left Iraq. At any rate, just in case, I kept everything.