Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Under Ryan budget, a living hell awaits the unborn

umbertino

by: Juan Lopez

August 23 2012

It's curious how those Republicans who preach "right to life" for the unborn are willing to make life a living hell for the newly born.

It's bad enough that a child is born into poverty every 29 seconds in our country - not exactly a ringing endorsement of capitalism in the world's richest nation.

But imagine what it would be like for our children if after a November election sweep, Republicans were to enact next year the budget bill they passed in the House this year (which fortunately failed in the Democrat-led Senate).

The bill authored by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., - the presumptive Republican vice-presidential candidate - called for slashing the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the bedrock program aimed at stemming childhood and adult hunger.

His budget would cut $133.5 billion over 10 years, precisely when it's most needed as the Great Recession shows little sign of abating.

The Center for American Progress (CAP) estimates such cuts would force America's poorest families to forgo as many as 8.2 billion meals a year. That's the number of meals consumed by 7.5 million people over a year - approximately the combined population of Los Angeles, Chicago and Dallas.

Nearly one in seven Americans relies on SNAP to help cover the cost of their meals.

"We don't want to turn the safety net into a hammock that lulls able-bodied people ... into complacency and dependence," Rep. Ryan - whose net worth is about $8 million - charges with pious indignation.

But it's not for lack of trying that millions of workers cannot find a job today.

Furthermore, nearly half the households receiving supplemental nutrition assistance include children with at least one employed parent.

For children of color cutting SNAP would result in a triple whammy.

Out of 16.4 million poor children in 2010 in our country, 12.4 percent were white, but 39.1 percent were black and 35 percent were Latino, according to the recently released "The State of America's Children 2012 Handbook," a project of the Children's Defense Fund.

Although the handbook failed to cite figures for other ethnic groupings, anecdotal evidence tells us poverty levels among Native Americans and some Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders would likely be comparable to those cited for blacks and Latinos.

The disproportionate impact cutting nutrition assistance would have on people of color, and Ryan's choice of code words and imagery, can only lead one to characterize such policies as racist.

And what's Rep. Ryan's plan to get us out of our complacency, dependence and economic doldrums?

He proposes "as one of our hallmark issues to get to economic growth and job creation, to reform the tax system."

The Republican House budget cuts taxes for the wealthiest Americans in part by slashing domestic programs like SNAP.

But when the economic crisis first hit with full force, during former President George W. Bush's tenure, corporations and the rich already enjoyed the lowest tax rates in history.

Cutting SNAP would mean poor families having less money to spend on food, reducing grocery sales and killing jobs.

Ryan's budget would kill 184,000 jobs, CAP said, basing its conclusions on its report "The Economic Consequences of Cutting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program."

So much for the claims of Republican politicians, and the corporations they represent, that they are job creators.

"I'm as pro-life as a person gets," Ryan brags. Among bills he co-sponsored, two are particularly noteworthy.

One would ban abortion care in almost all cases, including rape or incest.

The other would refuse to provide emergency abortion to save the woman's life.

Under different circumstances this would make a person an accessory to premeditated murder. Apparently, a woman's life means nothing to Ryan.

But then, Ryan says he does care about the "right to life" of the fetus in the mother's womb.

So let's take a closer look.

Ryan's budget would cut $1.4 trillion from Medicaid, the government health insurance program primarily serving low-income people, most of whom are children and their mothers.

The cuts would reduce vital prenatal care to low-income pregnant women and make it hard to provide basic checkups for all children in low-income families.

Some 14 million children, women, seniors and others in need would be dropped from the program, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Another 11 million people would be dropped from Medicaid under the Romney-Ryan plan to repeal health care reform.

This is clear evidence that Ryan and his running mate Romney do not have the best interests of children and women in mind.

If a measure of a society's worth is how it treats its children, then capitalism in America is failing our children miserably.

The drive for maximum private corporate profit is behind this. But that's the subject of a different opinion piece.

For now, we must conclude that voters must defeat the Romney-Ryan presidential ticket and keep Republicans from gaining majorities in both houses of Congress.

Any hope to shift political momentum in favor of our nation's children and those yet to be born lies in a resounding defeat for Republicans in November.

Nothing less will do.

http://www.peoplesworld.org/under-ryan-budget-a-living-hell-awaits-the-unborn/

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 16

I am 100 % confident that this poster is on the imposter campaign payroll. He post this stuff just to keep it stured up. Most if not alla re complete fabrications or true lies. A totally commited comunist. Just my humble opinion. Mods where are you?????????????????????????????

Absolutly -0- credability!

Edited by R2D2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Since he never comes in to defend his articles, maybe Umbertino

is trying to remind us (every day :rolleyes: ) who not to vote for in Nov...

Liberal Communists...the Party of higher Taxes & Baby Killers

Thanks Umbertino ;)

• Upvote 5

564728_10151128454263688_2015611844_n.jpg

This is what we all looked like at 12 weeks in the womb.

I posted this in another thread, and then saw this thread, and felt this picture should be included here too.

-

Yeah Mark I have a granddaughter who was just a little bit bigger then that. Bout the size of a pork chop. a little preimy who the doctors said not to get our hopes up cause she probably wouldnt live. Didnt even have ears yet. hahahah Shes 8 years old now and healthy as a horse. But Ashley was in that little pork chop . Yep she was. their was a soul who we named ashley in that little pork chop sized baby. and to think were killing them and that they dont matter sickens me.

• Upvote 4

564728_10151128454263688_2015611844_n.jpg

This is what we all looked like at 12 weeks in the womb.

I posted this in another thread, and then saw this thread, and felt this picture should be included here too.

-

Thanks for the post bud, absolutely amazing. How anyone can not consider that little child a life is beyond me. :tiphat:

• Upvote 5

Well at least Ryan believes the unborn have a right to start life...

Rape victims have a choice too. Becoming a parent due to rape is a ridiculous notion. The victim is responsible for the pregnancy, birth and care for a child that she unwillingly conceived. There is something wrong with that picture.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Rape victims have a choice too. Becoming a parent due to rape is a ridiculous notion. The victim is responsible for the pregnancy, birth and care for a child that she unwillingly conceived. There is something wrong with that picture.

I don't believe in abortion for ANY reason, not even if the mother's life is in jeopardy... it is my belief every pregnancy is meant to be and I will not arguemy beliefs with you, how I believe isn't open for debate..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ms Ski, the only thing wrong with this picture is that a life is taken from us. A life, a real living baby.

There are options in this case. The child can be given to a loving family who is willing to love and nurture this child. Or the mother can fall in love and care for this child while she carries it for 9 months. Ski before you say anything, I have a dear personal friend who was put in this situation. She fell in love with this little being growing inside of her and with God's guidance she was able to accept and raise this child with the help of her family.

We have to step away from the me, myself and I mentality and think of this as a living being and not be so eager to murder a child. There are options.

• Upvote 5

Psa 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Psa 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret

:bow:

Blessings :tiphat:

• Upvote 4

I think the 65 million children in the world that have never seen the light of day would love to argue and have that chance. But they were killed before they got the opportunity. A kid born in poverty at least has a shot at life versus no life at all.

• Upvote 5

I can speak as a person whose mother was gracious enough to allow me to live, and having experienced many hardships in life that being alive is far better than the alternative. I have an idea... Why don't we ask the babies born into poverty when they can speak if they prefer being alive to being dead. We all have the same opportunities in life, and no one has to remain in poverty unless they choose to be.

We all existed eternally as a loving thought in God's mind who intended for each of us the actuality of life, and I speak with absolute confidence if it were possible to ask each of those murdered unborn children given the choice between poverty, and death which they would choose. It isn't poverty that makes living in this world a tragedy. It is the absolute disregard for life, and the embracing of death, (always some one else's death... Funny how that works) in this sick culture that is by far the supreme tragedy.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 4

Mmmm hmmm.........I'm not even going to comment. <_<

Exactly right, and I don't believe the Lib BS news or anything else coming from them.

There is no truth coming from people who support and practice infanticide. Nothing to see there but distorted reality.

First lie we need to over turn is that unborn babies are nothing more than tissue... Those aren't tomatoes growing in there, and without human intervention that fetus is 100% human as it will be when it is born. It is way past time that we reclaim our language, and call things what they are. It is time counter the evil of political correctness which is social engineering through the manipulation of language. I'm so way done with that nonsense. That life in the womb is a human being, and can't be reduced to tissue. Abortion is not a choice, it is murder. It is time to return to common sense.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 5

There is no truth coming from people who support and practice infanticide. Nothing to see there but distorted reality.

First lie we need to over turn is that unborn babies are nothing more than tissue... Those aren't tomatoes growing in there, and without human intervention that fetus is 100% human as it will be when it is born. It is way past time that we reclaim our language, and call things what they are. It is time counter the evil of political correctness which is social engineering through the manipulation of language. I'm so way done with that nonsense. That life in the womb is a human being, and can't be reduced to tissue. Abortion is not a choice, it is murder. It is time to return to common sense.

+100

• Upvote 1