Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Movie Hit and Run

GrannyDeb

Went to see the movie Hit and Run today and we were surprised to see a reference to the Iraqi Dinar! Robbing a bank to buy Iraqi Dinar so that when it revalued like Kuwait they would be rich....just thought it was interesting as I've never heard anyone really speak of the dinar unless I was on a "site" and then there it was on the big screen!

Edited by Markinsa
Added 2012 Dinar Rumor Tag
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Went to see the movie Hit and Run today and we were surprised to see a reference to the Iraqi Dinar! Robbing a bank to buy Iraqi Dinar so that when it revalued like Kuwait they would be rich....just thought it was interesting as I've never heard anyone really speak of the dinar unless I was on a "site" and then there it was on the big screen!

That's interesting......Thanks for sharing.

I just saw the movie, and yes, it was very interesting.

About 15 minutes in, at a quick scene cut, Dax Shepard's character, Charlie Bronson/Yul Perrkins, is heard explaining to Kristen Bell's character, Annie, his girlfriend, "The Iraqi dinar is going to trade at the level of the Kuwaiti dinar. Right now, it's trading at 1000 to the dollar." Of course, we know that it is currently trading at 1166, but could this be a suggestion of where it's going? Even though it is said out loud, this line of dialogue seems like a subliminal suggestion, because its significance is completely detached from the rest of the movie up to that point. In other words, it is a complete non sequitur.

The next time we hear the Iraqi dinar mentioned is when Charlie Bronson/Yul Perrkins is digging up some cash in his father's backyard, at gunpoint, that he had buried years before from the bank robberies he participated in with Josh Lucas' character, Alex Dimitri, and on whom Charlie/Yul had turned state's witness. Again, Charlie/Yul recites a line similar to the previous line of dialogue about the Iraqi dinar trading at the level of the Kuwaiti currency, although, curiously, he refers to it as the "Kuwaiti dollar." He throws the bag of money to Alex, and says "Good luck with the dinar."

The last time we hear a reference to the Iraqi dinar, is when Annie is admonishing Charlie/Yul for the things he had done in the past, making him promise to never do them again. She says, "...and not buy into get rich quick schemes that profit from war-torn countries?" This last reference seems to me to be the requisite line the powers-that-be may have wanted the screenwriters to insert, so as to discourage large numbers of people from going out to buy the Iraqi dinar.

"Hit and Run" is a moderately funny movie that I would recommend DinarVets going to see for the obvious reason.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 5

About 15 minutes in, at a quick scene cut, Dax Shepard's character, Charlie Bronson/Yul Perrkins, is heard explaining to Kristen Bell's character, Annie, his girlfriend, "The Iraqi dinar is going to trade at the level of the Kuwaiti dinar. Right now, it's trading at 1000 to the dollar." Of course, we know that it is currently trading at 1166, but could this be a suggestion of where it's going? Even though it is said out loud, this line of dialogue seems like a subliminal suggestion, because its significance is completely detached from the rest of the movie up to that point. In other words, it is a complete non sequitur.

The next time we hear the Iraqi dinar mentioned is when Charlie Bronson/Yul Perrkins is digging up some cash in his father's backyard, at gunpoint, that he had buried years before from the bank robberies he participated in with Josh Lucas' character, Alex Dimitri, and on whom Charlie/Yul had turned state's witness. Again, Charlie/Yul recites a line similar to the previous line of dialogue about the Iraqi dinar trading at the level of the Kuwaiti currency, although, curiously, he refers to it as the "Kuwaiti dollar." He throws the bag of money to Alex, and says "Good luck with the dinar."

The last time we hear a reference to the Iraqi dinar, is when Annie is admonishing Charlie/Yul for the things he had done in the past, making him promise to never do them again. She says, "...and not buy into get rich quick schemes that profit from war-torn countries?" This last reference seems to me to be the requisite line the powers-that-be may have wanted the screenwriters to insert, so as to discourage large numbers of people from going out to buy the Iraqi dinar.

"Hit and Run" is a moderately funny movie that I would recommend DinarVets going to see for the obvious reason.

The fact that they spend so much time in this movie making the dinar out to be a lame investment excites me.Before now I've never seen the Dinar in pop culture,only multiple jabs at it online by shills.

TPTB often spend the most time bashing things that are in the peoples best interest.Just like so many movies like 'Paul' make theists (especially Christians) out to be a joke,and atheism cool and the only reasonable option.

• Upvote 2

***///

SANS:

so good to hear from you.

We've missed you.

LOVE,

'Ol Sarge's Gals :wub:

Why, thank you!

I thought people would enjoy a synopsis of this movie. Unfortunately, it does contain all of the usual profanity and blasphemy of Jesus Christ, which the Talmud sanctions. But it was worth the ten bucks to hear the Iraqi dinar referenced repeatedly in a pop culture medium.

Correction: That was Bradley Cooper, not Josh Lucas.

Better Ali than Dreamland Pictures......

Stars: Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard, Bradley Cooper, Tom Arnold, Kristin Chenoweth, Beau Bridges, Joy Bryant

Director: Dax Shepard and David Palmer

Distributor: Open Road Films

Rating: R for pervasive language including sexual references, graphic nudity, some violence and drug content

Running time: 1 hour, 40 minutes

• Upvote 1

That is very interesting to say the least. Personally I think it just may be a rip on those of us that are "invested" in the IQD by Hollywood and the PTB. I agree that it may be a discouraging statement for would be investors to stay away from the IQD, however, as someone whom is invested in the IQD, I call boolsheet on it being a "get rich quick scheme". Only time will tell, I am going to see the movie tomorrow night, Friday here in Mpls. Then again, who knows, maybe it is a sign that good things are coming, OR, it is just more fodder for the Goo-Roos to toss around to inflate their egos even more.

• Upvote 1

Well since you've already told us most of it, I guess i'll pass....Thanks

For the record Dax Shepard, who wrote, directed and stars in, "Hit and Run" thinks the IQD investment is absurd.

Here's the section of a recent interview where he talks about how some jokes don't work:

DS: And some of them, look, they don’t land, and I just stick with them. There was a big section of this that I did cut out. I assumed more people would know about it than did. It was Iraqi Dinar joke,. The guy I race my off-road car with, the navigator is this 50-year-old guy who has bought so much Iraqi Dinar currency, and he really believes it’s going to become worth billions of dollars. I’ve been pitched so many times, the endless potential of a Iraqi Dinar, it’s so absurd to me that people believe this, and so I wrote all of these Iraqi Dinar jokes.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:J4UdVEVEJtUJ:www.aintitcool.com/node/57749+Dax+Shepard+dinar&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

For the record Dax Shepard, who wrote, directed and stars in, "Hit and Run" thinks the IQD investment is absurd.

Here's the section of a recent interview where he talks about how some jokes don't work:

DS: And some of them, look, they don’t land, and I just stick with them. There was a big section of this that I did cut out. I assumed more people would know about it than did. It was Iraqi Dinar joke,. The guy I race my off-road car with, the navigator is this 50-year-old guy who has bought so much Iraqi Dinar currency, and he really believes it’s going to become worth billions of dollars. I’ve been pitched so many times, the endless potential of a Iraqi Dinar, it’s so absurd to me that people believe this, and so I wrote all of these Iraqi Dinar jokes.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:J4UdVEVEJtUJ:www.aintitcool.com/node/57749+Dax+Shepard+dinar&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Yeah..and tons of hollywood shills also think a belief in God is absurd.

And for the record thats not gonna turn out good for them either :P

• Upvote 3

Right, but they'll climb on board for "Kabbalah," as authentic as they believe that Hollywood version of it to be (it is not even close), as in the case of "Madonna," Britney Spears, Demi Moore, et al, ad nauseam. You'll know it when those little red strings tied around their wrists for no apparent reason. Are they trying to remember something? No, they're trying to forget the fact that they're BRAINWASHED, and that they have sold their souls to the highest bidder. These human robots will do practically anything their "Jewish" masters tell them to do.

Dax Shepard, who starred in "Idiocracy," already has his millions. Naturally, he's going to denigrate the Iraqi dinar investment, because it is what his "Jewish" masters have apparently programmed him to do. By the way, Shepard and his fiancee, Kristen Bell, have stated that they won't marry until homosexual marriage becomes legal in California.

San, Do you really not know what the red string stands for ???

San, Do you really not know what the red string stands for ???

Give me your take, Shell.

I am not aware of it being anything normative to authentic Judaic Kabbalah. Pop Kabbalah, which is what these Hollywood "elites" follow, is a whole other thing.

Give me your take, Shell.

I am not aware of it being anything normative to authentic Judaic Kabbalah. Pop Kabbalah, which is what these Hollywood "elites" follow, is a whole other thing.

7 knots are tied on the string and with each knot there is a certain prayer, each to ward off evil.

Okay, I see. It's a "Jewish" amulet. This sort of thing is not biblical. It borders on magic, demonology, and, of course, idolatry.

kabbalah is not supposed to be religious at all, the only really Jewish thing about it is the alphabet, which they believe have mystical qualities, it is more about being the very best person you can be towards others.

kabbalah is not supposed to be religious at all, the only really Jewish thing about it is the alphabet, which they believe have mystical qualities, it is more about being the very best person you can be towards others.

Well, that's only Pop Kabbalah, dear. It is not authentic Kabbalah.