Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could this put lopsters to shame???

Mazzz27

THIS IS NO FIND... THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN AND POSTED BY AN "INTEL GURU"... only opinion. No facts.

Since you want to delegate things ill write capitals as well...

IS THIS NOT LOGICAL?!?! OR ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP BASHING IT??

I never said it was factual. But read the last statement of this blog. I want to SEE somel lopper prove it wrong.

Edited by Mazzz27
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Since you want to delegate things ill write capitals as well...

IS THIS NOT LOGICAL?!?! OR ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP BASHING IT??

I never said it was factual. But read the last statement of this blog. I want to SEE somel lopper prove it wrong.

Which statement are you referring to?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

That post is full of hype and misinformation. They assume that the $1.49 glitch a couple of years ago was a premature display of the RV. They claim that Bush said the war would pay for itself. They assume that China has 3 trillion dinar and the US holds 5 trillion. They claim that the CBI doesn't have the power to implement the RV publicly. They say that Iraq's currency is based on their commodities. All baseless.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

That post is full of hype and misinformation. They assume that the $1.49 glitch a couple of years ago was a premature display of the RV. They claim that Bush said the war would pay for itself. They assume that China has 3 trillion dinar and the US holds 5 trillion. They claim that the CBI doesn't have the power to implement the RV publicly. They say that Iraq's currency is based on their commodities. All baseless.

what if they did though? :blink:

You DO NOT know what is going to happen so how can anything be baseless, so do you think we are gonna continue down this destructive path with Fiat currency? i highly doubt it, theres really no other choice as of now without global collapse due to the bail out of the Euro. Asset back currencies is where we are heading.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 6

You DO NOT know what is going to happen so how can anything be baseless, so do you think we are gonna continue down this destructive path with Fiat currency? i highly doubt it, theres really no other choice as of now without global collapse due to the bail out of the Euro. Asset back currencies is where we are heading.

The word "baseless" means "without basis or foundation". It has nothing to do with knowing the future. The claims that he made have no basis. There's no evidence or facts to support any of them.

Nobody has ever proven that Bush claimed the war would pay for itself. The CBI can change the value of the dinar at any time without GOI approval, and in fact they did that earlier this year. There are no documents to prove that China or the US hold any dinar. The dinar's value is based on Iraq's foreign currency reserves not their commodities.

The post was made a year and a half ago. Since then I think most of these common misconceptions have been exposed as pumper fabrications.

Edited by doctor robbins
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The word "baseless" means "without basis or foundation". It has nothing to do with knowing the future. The claims that he made have no basis. There's no evidence or facts to support any of them.

Nobody has ever proven that Bush claimed the war would pay for itself. The CBI can change the value of the dinar at any time without GOI approval, and in fact they did that earlier this year. There are no documents to prove that China or the US hold any dinar. The dinar's value is based on Iraq's foreign currency reserves not their commodities.

The post was made a year and a half ago. Since then I think most of these common misconceptions have been exposed as pumper fabrications.

Very well said. None of those things were ever proven as fact and have been expanded from rumor to truth with no basis.

The question of a lop or not is yet to be seen. the biggest concern, is the major ficticious hype of the maximum movement of an exchange rate. increasing your exchange rate drastically is instant death to any economy. an exchange rate is used to balance an economy based off imports vs exports, balance of payments, an inflation tool, and possible gdp. A country will not revalue, to reestablish wealth. its factual wrong...and an economic disaster.

thats why itsimportant for the current dinar to be in circulation forever, with multiple rvs as the economy improves. an overnight increase of a 100,000% would never be in an economists playbook. instant unlimoted liabilities tacked with decades to possible centuries of debt. This was a real eye opener to learn about.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 3

The question of a lop or not is yet to be seen. the biggest concern, is the major ficticious hype of the maximum movement of an exchange rate. increasing your exchange rate drastically is instant death to any economy. an exchange rate is used to balance an economy based off imports vs exports, balance of payments, an inflation tool, and possible gdp. A country will not revalue, to reestablish wealth. its factual wrong...and an economic disaster.

thats why itsimportant for the current dinar to be in circulation forever, with multiple rvs as the economy improves. an overnight increase of a 100,000% would never be in an economists playbook. instant unlimoted liabilities tacked with decades to possible centuries of debt. This was a real eye opener to learn about.

I would agree with that.

• Upvote 1

I would agree with that.

Thanks zig. i am very positive for iraqs future. they have recently put forth an effort to drastically reduce unemployment. if the politics can work out their riffs and open their doors through laws which can instantly bring in big companies and contractors. iraq is an empty slate. they need infrastructure rebuilt....an entire technology and service market that is just waiting to take off. Then ahousing market that could really blossom quickly....and of course the drilling, refining and manufacturing of the minerals and resources.

iraq could advance decades in just a few years, if only the violence would stop and the political parties would try to mend their differences permanently and just in the political arena.

I think an attractive easy iraq to do business, they could tenfold their gdp in less than 5 years. so much potential

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 2

Thanks zig. i am very positive for iraqs future. they have recently put forth an effort to drastically reduce unemployment. if the politics can work out their riffs and open their doors through laws which can instantly bring in big companies and contractors. iraq is an empty slate. they need infrastructure rebuilt....an entire technology and service market that is just waiting to take off. Then ahousing market that could really blossom quickly....and of course the drilling, refining and manufacturing of the minerals and resources.

iraq could advance decades in just a few years, if only the violence would stop and the political parties would try to mend their differences permanently and just in the political arena.

I think an attractive easy iraq to do business, they could tenfold their gdp in less than 5 years. so much potential

Good post

• Upvote 2

Remember when they used to run outside and shoot their guns at almost any excuse? I don't hear of that happening so much in downtown Baghdad these days. They appear to have come a long way since then. And if they had jobs, and a chance to work and provide for their families, their culture could change drastically again in a few years.

It was Paul Wolfowitz who said it.

And what he was talking about was using Iraqs resources to pay for reconstruction costs and technically the DFI helped do just that....

just the one that says that he has high hopes. just because he was making it seem like i was basing this on pure fact.

They do make it sound pretty convincing that its all based on facts but a lot of what he said cant be proven either way....its more of theories that they come up with and some refer to those as "pumper garbage" lol....

Even for a theory it seems some of what he is saying is really stretching it....not saying its impossible, just improbable....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

It was Paul Wolfowitz who said it.

Wolfowitz was talking about Iraq's oil helping to cover the cost of reconstruction and they're doing that now without any big RV. They're paying billions a year. The cost of the war is over $800 billion. Iraq is not going to pay for that. We are. Hopefully in the long run it will benefit us strategically if Iraq succeeds in building a democratic society but the fact remains nobody in the Bush administration stated that Iraq would somehow come up with trillions of dollars to cover the cost of the war.

• Upvote 1

Wolfowitz was talking about Iraq's oil helping to cover the cost of reconstruction and they're doing that now without any big RV. They're paying billions a year. The cost of the war is over $800 billion. Iraq is not going to pay for that. We are. Hopefully in the long run it will benefit us strategically if Iraq succeeds in building a democratic society but the fact remains nobody in the Bush administration stated that Iraq would somehow come up with trillions of dollars to cover the cost of the war.

True democracy in a Muslim country seems very hard to find so I doubt that will benefit the US at all.

The US should be holding large sums of Iraq foreign currency and there will be US treasury people who know whats going on in Iraq. The US oil companies faired very poorly in the oil contracts awarded a few years ago and most other companies have to compete aggressively for all big contrasts of any kind, no favoritism.

I cannot really see many other ways that the US can claw back expenditure except via a RV . Surely thats the smart move. If the US knows the IQD will appreciate then its logical to hold large amounts of Dinar. Thats the logical way to gain back expenditure as thats the result of the US expenditure - a healthier economy. No different thinking than the thousands on this site except they should have better inside knowledge. I would be very surprised if the US did not hold very large IQD foreign currency.

• Upvote 1