Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What will your breaking point with the Dinar be?

If they announce a new currency code.....

Keep, I gave you a + too. Maybe you should of ended with a :moon-from-car::lol:

Come on people! This is an opinion thread. If you don't like someones opinion, just move on :moon-from-car::P

And for me, I will not let this go until the end, what ever that may be. It is fun watching all the people on the rollercoaster lift their hands, scream, and even cry :P I refuse to ride anymore :lol: I will sit and watch and wait ;)

• Upvote 2

When we see the outcome, which I think will be soon. If they lop (1,000,000 dinars now becomes 1,000 new dinars) and then RV say to 3 to 1, you still made a huge profit, even at 2 to 1 you double your money. Not rich by any means but you didn't do to bad on this investment, considering how other investments pay off or don't. Anytime you can turn 10g into 20 or 30g you've made a great return. I'm hoping for a 1 to 1 straight up RV though.

Absolute worst case scenario, one I hate to even bring up, if they do lop, give a limited amount of time to exchange old for new dinar, not have a tradeable currency, and the dealers could leave us holding the bag with worthless money or charge asinine fees to exchange your old for new, then I'd say forget it. So let's keep our fingers crossed that they become tradeable real soon with the big banks and currency exchanges so trading out old for new won't be a problem if they take the lop road, which I don't believe they will, and at the same time coming out with a straight up RV, heck even 10 cents would be an incredible profit, what kind of investment can turn $1,000 into $100,000, for every $1,000 you invested?

For one thing people should be smart enough not to put themselves in the financial hurtbag from the IQD. It's always been risky and everyone has been told don't invest more then you can afford to lose. If you have overinvested in it out of greed you have my empathy but not my sympathy, you put yourself there now ask why? Are you the same person who orders oysters hoping to find a pearl to pay the bill? Personally I haven't stuck in more than I can afford to lose or would blow in Vegas or on a good vacation, and personally I like my odds with IQD much better then the blackjack tables!! This payout could be phenomenal.

GO RV!!! B)

Well said.

over the years ive grown very fond of my dinar .. i sleep with it .

so as you can see ive actually fallen in love with it and am now concidering marriage .. and will most likely never get rid of my dearly beloved, im pretty sure a couple of them are pregnant and our little dinars will be our most presious belongings im hoping for some 5s ...tens .. and twentys .. a few little coins will be a blessing too ...

no matter what the rate is im keeping my dinars till i die .

i love my dinars

• Upvote 3

This ride is far more interesting than anything else going on in my life. The potential for success is far more alluring than the fear of failure. I've been holding them since 2008 and only risked what I was comfortable loosing. "Let The Goodtimes Roll"

• Upvote 1

I have no idea why you got all the negs? I picked one up for ya. C'mon peeps, what's that all about?

The Negs are just an obligatory sign of fear and insecurity.

Have you ever noticed how small dogs bark the loudest?

Whatever is gonna happen, is gonna happen.

The Dealers are already adjusting their buy back price down in anticipation of new currency being printed and requiring exchange.

I would venture a guess that as time draws closer to releasing new currency, their selling price will drop; unless the can keep convincing folks that printing new currency for a redenomination is a RV.

They appear to be losing ground on that approach.

My breaking point would be if I was the next to the last person in line when the exchange cutoff limit was reached.

Each day that passes and the plan for currency reform is held up by the GOI remains a source of hope.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When we see the outcome, which I think will be soon. If they lop (1,000,000 dinars now becomes 1,000 new dinars) and then RV say to 3 to 1, you still made a huge profit, even at 2 to 1 you double your money. Not rich by any means but you didn't do to bad on this investment, considering how other investments pay off or don't. Anytime you can turn 10g into 20 or 30g you've made a great return. I'm hoping for a 1 to 1 straight up RV though.

Absolute worst case scenario, one I hate to even bring up, if they do lop, give a limited amount of time to exchange old for new dinar, not have a tradeable currency, and the dealers could leave us holding the bag with worthless money or charge asinine fees to exchange your old for new, then I'd say forget it. So let's keep our fingers crossed that they become tradeable real soon with the big banks and currency exchanges so trading out old for new won't be a problem if they take the lop road, which I don't believe they will, and at the same time coming out with a straight up RV, heck even 10 cents would be an incredible profit, what kind of investment can turn $1,000 into $100,000, for every $1,000 you invested?

For one thing people should be smart enough not to put themselves in the financial hurtbag from the IQD. It's always been risky and everyone has been told don't invest more then you can afford to lose. If you have overinvested in it out of greed you have my empathy but not my sympathy, you put yourself there now ask why? Are you the same person who orders oysters hoping to find a pearl to pay the bill? Personally I haven't stuck in more than I can afford to lose or would blow in Vegas or on a good vacation, and personally I like my odds with IQD much better then the blackjack tables!! This payout could be phenomenal.

GO RV!!! B)

If they lop, i believe the chance of moving to 2 to 3 dollars wont happen. reason being, they can issue as much of the new currency to fill the void in the money supply. i just dont see them lopping, rding, then doubling or tripling the currency they are phasing out. jmo

Whether it RVs big, small, or not at all...either way, this whole thing has changed my life. I've never invested in anything with as much potential before. And I've done so at a level I can afford.

The hope is that it changes my life in a big way real soon, and with that possibility, I'm holding on indefinitely. The reward is just too great. ;)

• Upvote 1

as beforementioned, when the cows come home. Also, not looking at this as a life preserver, nice to dream, but if and when whatever happens, will look, probably laugh, and move on with life. wink.gif

Hey my Ga neighbor! Ditto what u said. I never used this as retirement tool,just a lotto/dream like play,and I invested as such. Peace

I had a interesting conversation regarding this crazy investment with a couple of co-workers today in light of the lastest rumor/hype about Aug.26th possibly being another so called Dinar RV day. I had asked each of them what is your breaking point with the Dinar? If you have been invested for a couple of years you have heard all sorts of so called intel or gossip as to when the RV will be and I guess I have grown numb to all of this after so many years of heartbreak. I invested casually whereas both co-workers invested 10K or more so our answers were totally different. Just curious what the responses will be because if it doesn't happen by the end of 2013 I'm out!

I'm in it to win it. Till death do us part.

OP i wouldn't call it a "breaking point" and "throwing in the towel" but more so an "investment strategy". i believe the majority of dinarians struggle to understand investing as well as investment strategies due to a lot of the feedback i hear on conferenc calls and posted on forums. every investor should have a "stop loss" set for their investment:

Definition of 'Stop-Loss Order'

An order placed with a broker to sell a security when it reaches a certain price. A stop-loss order is designed to limit an investor's loss on a security position.

for most investors, a long term investment has to produce an expected return over a period of time against realized risks else the principle to be invested is best utilized in an alternate venue that might produce better results. for some investors 5 years is their stop because $30k not producing a return is all the loss they will afford to take. and from their perspective, even when their money isn't making money it is regarded as a loss.

got more to say but its quitting time at work....

• Upvote 1

If they lop, i believe the chance of moving to 2 to 3 dollars wont happen. reason being, they can issue as much of the new currency to fill the void in the money supply. i just dont see them lopping, rding, then doubling or tripling the currency they are phasing out. jmo

What a Great Thread, what happen to you!! I'm in it to the End. Have you past your Breaking Point sandstorm? (Politely) That is the Question, you do have IQD hanging out with us all this time!! :D

What a Great Thread, what happen to you!! I'm in it to the End. Have you past your Breaking Point sandstorm? (Politely) That is the Question, you do have IQD hanging out with us all this time!! :D

Me as well. i hold less than a mil, so im sticking around no matter what. i was saying imo, that if it lops, they wouldnt rv the old currency two or three to 1. They would just issue more of the new currency and settle at the 1:1 rate they talk about. rv or rd, whatever it is, they want to start at 1:1. Then with sucess and and economic improvements gradually move upwards. i see no advantage to setting the rate to anything close to the 3 dollar range. they would putting themselves at a huge diasdvantage in the global market. Jmo. ive rebounded well since my beginnings here. good to hear from you. im jealous....just got back from myrtle beach and charleston from the pga at kiawah....i love south carolina.

fact is that this is a speculative investment and there are no guarantees we will make anything on it. However the potential payoff could be considerable and makes the risk worth the waiting game.

I have been in for 4 years now acquiring more and more as I was able along the way. Good side is that it has given me time to acquire more IQD and prepare with tax shelter strategies for when/if this RV does happen.

Being in this for several years allows someone to become seasoned in the investment and not moved by every little shred of hype and news that pops up every week.

As for me I am continuing to hold for now. If I get to the point I feel that the money would be better invested somewhere else that could provide an exceptional return and has a higher probability of paying off well, then I could sell some off to free up some cash. For now I am holding all I have. I have believed enough in this investment to be heavily vested but I did not use money that I could not afford to take a hit on if it came down to that.

But until it looks like this was a waste of time and the evidence is there to prove it, I am not being moved by the emotion of the weekly ups and downs associated with the investment in IQD.

The RV will likely happen when it is not expected. I would be ecstatic with a 1 cent RV. The rate of return on the investment even at 1 cent is far above the average return on investments. Too many people have all their hopes and dreams set on 1-1 RV. It is possible but not likely in my humble opinion. Of course it is not my intent to rain on anyone's parade but it is better to be more realistic in your expectations and be pleasantly surprised if they are exceeded than to hope for the moon and be let down when you get the ranch.

GP's 2 cents

OP i wouldn't call it a "breaking point" and "throwing in the towel" but more so an "investment strategy". i believe the majority of dinarians struggle to understand investing as well as investment strategies due to a lot of the feedback i hear on conferenc calls and posted on forums. every investor should have a "stop loss" set for their investment:

Definition of 'Stop-Loss Order'

An order placed with a broker to sell a security when it reaches a certain price. A stop-loss order is designed to limit an investor's loss on a security position.

for most investors, a long term investment has to produce an expected return over a period of time against realized risks else the principle to be invested is best utilized in an alternate venue that might produce better results. for some investors 5 years is their stop because $30k not producing a return is all the loss they will afford to take. and from their perspective, even when their money isn't making money it is regarded as a loss.

got more to say but its quitting time at work....

great post Trinity and well spoken! +1

I would suggest that if someone is invested and will not reinvest what they have in the IQD in something else that they should just stay in it.

Developing a mindset of investing for the future is part of the necessary equipment needed to better you financial position.

If the money will just be spent on something else without potential for some payback and increase of value then hold your IQD no matter how long this ride ends up being.

• Upvote 1