Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Question for Nelg

delta22

These last few nights ,as I prayed for our country a thought kept entering my head . Now I am not one of those guys that can quote chapter and verse from the good book , but the thought centered on Lot . As I tried to pray for the Lord to forgive us and renew our Nation to the fold and guide us so that we become a Nation under God again , it kept sneaking in...How many need to pray ? I kept flashing on Lot bargaining with the Angels sent to destroy Sodom and Gomoraha . If I remember correctly he had them down to one rightous person found would be enough to save the town. So I ask myself , how many of us need to pray to restore his protection ? I know I normally post jokes and such but this has been bugging me . If any of you can shed some light I would be grateful . Oh and if you feel led to pray for our country please join as there might be a number.

• Upvote 10

delta, i was in my car this morning coming home from my son's school, listening to Romney on FOX and praying to God to forgive our country and government, for forsaking Him. I had tears in my eyes. Every day I pray for God's mercy on what's happening to us as a nation.

In the Book of Genesis, the two evil cities that God destroyed with a rain of fire and brimstone (sulfur). Before the destruction, God sent two angels in the form of men to advise all good men to leave the evil towns. God's messengers found only one good man, Lot, whom they transported from Sodom to the countryside with his wife and daughters, warning them not to look back. When Lot's wife, not heeding the warning, looked back, she became a pillar of salt.

• Upvote 6

Thanks guy's I am aware of the story of Sodom and Gamorraha and Lot etc. I guess I didn't pose my Question to well,though BUTIFLDRM came close to answering . My question is ...is there a connection between Sodom and Gomorraha and my prayers for this country. Thanks again.

• Upvote 3

My 2 cents

Ask and you shall recieve.

End the prayer with nevertheless thy will be done.

I have been taught a great deal about obedience this year.

I am much better "inside" for the lessons.

Add myself to those pleading for guidance for our country.

Personal note delta thanks for the smiles.

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 5

Delta, the division tearing our nation apart is a spiritual division that goes to the very foundation of our existence as a nation. The outcome of this battle holds the key to our nations future.

We all need to pray and repent or we will not be.....

"One Nation under God" we will turn away and become "One Nation under satan"

• Upvote 3

Just know that there are also many people here in Australia, praying for you good folk in the USA.

You have some important decisions to make...that will affect not only your lives, but also all of ours in Aussie and the UK.

So with that comes great responsibility...and the people of America must start to think of themselves as global citizens...learn more about countries and people outside of the USA....in the same way hat we know a lot about you folk and your politics etc....

So be prayerful, not fearful. Be considerate and do not allow political rhetoric and chest beating to blind you.

Decide well, American people......the whole world is relying on you to get this year RIGHT.

Do not vote for anyone who is buddy buddy with the leaders of Israel. The Israeli people are wonderful...but their leaders are acting like spoiled petulant and evil little brats.

Do not buy into the war talk....Iran is no threat to you...neither was Iraq...neither is Afghanistan...neither is Syria nor Lybia. These were all Israeli targets....not YOURS.

Think carefully...pray well and decide wisely. God bless you all.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

These are my thoughts, and about no one person, or group for that matter. I'm only 43, but I've seen the end since the 80's. Population is the root problem. We can't save our country. It is time for change, and I don't mean what Obama promised. Like Rome, and every other great nation, we are doomed. I think this is Gods' plan. We as a people have turned our nose. We don't discipline our children with love anymore, and haven't for quite some time. Instead they get t.v., playstation, or whatever and sent from our sight. This behavior set the tone for years to come. You get the picture. We can go all night with this negative stuff.

Delta, I like the proactive approach you're taking. Keep up the good work. I know, when I get up from kneeling before him, I'll look him in the eyes and say "I might not of won, but I did the best with what I had." He'll look at me and say " Ya, maybe your right. I believe those brains were meant for a goat." :lol: Hope and not answers are all I have.

• Upvote 1

I too pray daily for the best for our nation and for the world. I really don't care if it is Obama or Romney (well, yes, I do care, but.... what will be will be). I do

ask God to send us the best leader for our nation and the world at this time. We have gone so far astray, I wonder if we will ever make it back - as a nation.

Keep praying everyone. Thank you.

• Upvote 4

Delta22, if you don't mind, I will need to answer at the end of the day. I am in a project that I need to complete. I noticed that others have answered so I will need to read their posts as well. But I will answer.

Nelg

Delta22

I’ll answer your question and then make some comments.

James writes that the prayer of the righteous person can accomplish much (James 5:16). But the prerequisite of answered prayer is also given in the context: it must be uttered out of a heart of faith (5:15) and a righteous life. In other places it is a person who is a child of God and not one who persists in sin (John 9:31). If the believers pray God will hear and will answer, but the answer may not be what we expect.

There comes a point when the nation (any nation) is so full of ungodliness, rebellion against God, and pride that God will not spare the people from His discipline and wrath.

All of us need to be praying for the U.S. to repent and get back to God. If it does not seek God and repent, then no matter how righteous or how many are praying, God will still bring us into judgment. He has done so with every nation of the world, and America is no exception.

The Old Testament is basically a history of God’s dealing with Israel, but it also includes other nations of the world. It would take many pages to show that this is so. I will state a summary of what I have found: God used the nations to accomplish His purpose in the world. He ruled then and He rules now in the kingdoms of men. He causes one nation to rise up and He causes other nations to be brought down. The nation God uses does not need to be a righteous or just nation or even a believing nation. They can be a very wicked nation, but He used them in the discipline against His chosen people when they sinned.

When Jerusalem (Israel) was destroyed in A.D. 70, God used wicked Roman to do it. There were thousands of Christians and Jews in the city and praying for their physical deliverance. It was not to be so. Hundreds died. The reason: Israel as a nation had so corrupted themselves that they rejected God who had come and walked among them. The Gospels tell the story of Christ, but it is also the story of His rejection by supposed “believers.”

No nation, no matter how magnificent and powerful will be able to stand if God declares its destruction. The United States included.

Erypeet, a native Christian from Papua New Guinea, stood before a packed auditorium to preach his first message in the United States. He had been an animist all his life, but had become a believer in Christ. He was the first of his tribe to receive a degree from a Christian university and was now ready to return to Papua. The air in the assembly was electrifying. What would he say? Would he be impressed with what he had seen in the past five years in the United States?

Erypeet stood to speak a message that God had laid on his heart:

“America is a land of idolaters, not only outside the professing church, but inside it. We read of those who ‘feared the Lord, and served their own gods’ (2Kngs 17:33). Yet the Word of God tells us to ‘flee from idolatry’ . . .”

The congregation was shocked, and a cold silence froze every movement. This was not what they expected. Nor is it what we expect.

The U.S. is a wonderful place to live compared to the rest of the world. But we are a nation that is plunging headlong into rebellion against the God of Heaven! We are a people bound to do things “my” way. We have challenged every moral principle, refused to humble ourselves before God, and failed to repent of our sinful actions. The masses do not even acknowledge sin or understand its devastation on the nation or their own individual lives. God has been mocked, the Christians scorned, the Word of God relegated to myths and fables; and church has been made a farce. Sexual perversion is now “normal” and accepted by society. The meaning of words have changed to mean just the opposite of their original intent: honesty is now crafty; righteous means a person who doesn’t disclose and injustice; sinner is anyone intolerant of sin; and holiness is the justification of evil.

The sum and substance of the charge against any nation that God judges and destroys is that it has left God in search of more exciting and “relevant” ways of living. God states it in this way in the book of Jeremiah, “For My people have committed two evils: The have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.” (Jer 2:13) Cisterns were rocks cut to hold and store water. But the water become stale, and the cisterns are cracked.

We trust in governments to take care of us with strong military power to “keep the peace,” but that has only produced war and killing. We trust in “education” to get people out of poverty or to keep individuals from crime, drugs, and illness, but it has not worked! Nor will it ever work.

We need better leaders. They will rescue us from all our problems! But instead the leadership is corrupt and brings more hard times for the people. Priests, preachers, and presidents are discarding their responsibility to God to go after their own agenda. There is none who are seeking God. All are going after their own way and the nations are suffering for lack of spiritual and political leaders who understand and seek God.

Honesty, justice, righteousness, morality, goodness are principles of God and not just codified law! Law does not have to be written or codified by legislation in order to exist. It exists because of God and remains a requirement upon God’s creation as God’s free moral agents. When these truths are transgressed, this is sin against God and society. My point is this: there are laws of a moral nature which exist and consequently there is a moral order in the universe to which humanity and nations are responsible. When these laws are broken, whether by individuals or nations, we are held accountable. In order for there to be a moral economy there must be a vindication of moral law. God being moral and holy must of necessity, in order for Him to be true to himself and vindicate His moral law, exercise His sovereign government in the earth. To do so means that He must judge the world or nation or individual.

Crime is increasing in our cities and townships five times faster than our population growth. Why? Why have we jettisoned a pattern of obedience to biblical and moral law? Here is but a partial answer. Authoritarian approaches to law are surrendering to a position which says that the moral quality of any act my only be determined in the existential situation. What does that mean? In an effort to reinterpret ancient moral codes (Bible) and to place them within a modern context, the architects of a “new society” or “new morality” or “new generation” have said that any conceivable act is morally right if the situation is “right.” It leaves the individual to decide whether incest, murder, adultery, or any other act is right or wrong. “Absolutes” are no longer a way of thinking. We have fallen into the trap of living by averages. Studies or polls are made to determine where we stand in relationship to the “average” individual. We study polls to learn how we fare with the “average” person in regard to sexuality and morality. We then draw a line through the behavior of society in hope that finding ourselves one shade above the average, and then we can justify our action as legitimate. Each time we lower the average more and more and we find ourselves living by the lower average. A society which travels down this path, eventually discovers that there are no longer any moral absolutes codified that can hold them accountable for their actions. And this is where we are today.

Nations need to be shocked, alarmed, and penitent, but so far that has not happened. A rejection of standards is a rejection of God. Freedom without responsibility is certain to receive judgment without mercy. Certainly there will be a last judgment for both individuals and nations, but there is also a judgment by God during this lifetime. When a nation manifests an immorality and unrighteousness in excess of the nation’s willingness to repent, then that nation must receive the just judgment of God.

There are times when it does not matter how many people are praying, nor how righteous the people are who pray, the destiny of a nation can be sealed because their sin is so full and their rejection so complete that God must destroy the nation.

We don’t like to hear that. We had much rather believe that we can pray and that God will set aside His moral righteousness and treat us as just making some mistakes that He can overlook. We want Him to be like us, and He is not.

Certainly we all need to be praying for our nations and the nations of the world to repent and seek God. I pray for this nation daily! I don’t want the nation to be judged and subjugated to another nation, but it could and will happen if we fail to get back on tract with God!

• Upvote 4

Wow Brother ,that is one heck of an answer and I am glad you took your time. Even though your answer scares the h ell outa me ,I thank you. Like you said " sometimes the answer isn't what you want to hear" your's has fed into other doubts and fears . God Bless you Brother and Thank's again

• Upvote 2

"Certainly we all need to be praying for our nations and the nations of the world to repent and seek God. I pray for this nation daily! I don’t want the nation to be judged and subjugated to another nation, but it could and will happen if we fail to get back on tract with God!"

Thank you Nelg, I waited all day for your response and I knew your response would be awesomely powerful and filled with the wisdom of God. :)

Thank you again.

Hey Nelg.. thanks for your reply to Delta I've been in suspense for it also,, it scares me but I know you're speaking the truth... You wrote 'a rejection of standards is a rejection of God' and that hit me. You know for many of us Romney isn't what we consider our highest standard for a POTUS but we are intending to vote for him because he's the best choice we are given.... Do you think it is a 'rejection of God' to lower our standards and vote for him?? I like him more now than I did but I still think America deserves and still could do better...

Hey Nelg.. thanks for your reply to Delta I've been in suspense for it also,, it scares me but I know you're speaking the truth... You wrote 'a rejection of standards is a rejection of God' and that hit me. You know for many of us Romney isn't what we consider our highest standard for a POTUS but we are intending to vote for him because he's the best choice we are given.... Do you think it is a 'rejection of God' to lower our standards and vote for him?? I like him more now than I did but I still think America deserves and still could do better...

Job 11:14-16

New Living Translation (NLT)

14 Get rid of your sins,

and leave all iniquity behind you.

15 Then your face will brighten with innocence.

You will be strong and free of fear.

16 You will forget your misery;

it will be like water flowing away.

2 Timothy 1:6-8

6 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

8 So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for him. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News.

Romans 8:37-39

37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-

It's 6:30 a.m. (EST) and I am leaving my house to meet with a group of men (20-25) who have been meeting for the past 16 years. We have breakfast, Bible study, and prayer together. Democrats, Republicans, Independents, all meeting together. (We call ourselves R.O.M.E.Os = Retire Ol' Men Eating Out.) The major thing we have in common is that all of us love God and His word. All of us are praying for our nation and the upcoming election. No politician or party is without fault. Candidates that best represent a conservative fiscal, spiritual agenda, and return to Constitutional law should be the candidate of choice. Remember, we will not have a perfect person as POTUS. I have given my life and service to only one master, Jesus as Lord. All the others pale to nothing. It does matter who our leaders are and what they believe, but I could life and work in any country as long as I hold Christ as Lord. He rules and reigns now and no matter what changes in the world, He is still my Lord. ANY LAW that is man by man that opposes Christ and the saints I will not follow no matter the consequences.

In the coming and previous elections I always ask the question: which candidate or party best represents the principles of the Lord God? Then I vote. But I always put the kingdom of God FIRST.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 3