Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

**Stryker Post***

easyrider

Stryker in NO WAY compares to Okie..I can assure you, they are not the same person.

OK One Last Time ! Let Me Be Perfectly Clear !

Nobody On This Thread, Site, Or Planet -

Is Comparing Stryker To Okie ! :blink:

Even If They Did Say Jehovah ! :o

BrianPic1.jpg

:D :D :D

• Upvote 2

Thank you for answering my question. IQD is not pegged with any currency on our planet at this moment. I knew that. I needed you to back me up in my debate.

Thanks Dude!

The dinar has been pegged to the USD since 1959........before that it was pegged to the british pound....

"The dinar was pegged at par with the British pound until 1959 when, without changing its value, the peg was switched to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars. By not following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778, before a 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, a rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported at five to six times higher (3 dinars for US$1) than the official rate."

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

http://harrisonthbyr...d-to-us-dollar/

http://www.cbi.iq/in...php?pid=History

(even has it mentioned on the CBIs own website)

There hasnt been any changes to what they are pegging the dinar to although if there becomes a problem with oil production/revenue/demand they would probly change the current monetary policies....

Most oil producing nations are pegged to the USD or to a basket of currencies that mainly consist of the USD....

Havent seen any indication of the dinar being pegged to anything but the USD.....

"Countries that primarily export oil or have direct trade with the U.S. as a major component of their GDP are the most likely to have a U.S. dollar peg."

If anyone can bring up anything that suggests otherwise it would be appreciated......

Edited by keepmwlknfny
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

http://www.imf.org/e...010/cr10316.pdf

The Central Bank of Iraq has been conducting foreign exchange auction on a daily basis

since October 4, 2003. The central bank followed a policy of exchange rate stability which

has translated in a de facto peg of the exchange rate since early 2004. However, from

November 2006 until end 2008, the CBI allowed the exchange rate to gradually appreciate.

As a result, the exchange rate arrangement of Iraq was reclassified to the category of

crawling peg effective November 1, 2006. Since the start of 2009, the CBI returned to its

earlier policy of maintaining a stable dinar. Consequently, the exchange rate arrangement of

Iraq was reclassified effective January 1 2009 as a stabilized Arrangement.

It is a crawling peg...why wouldn't they start raising the rate like they did in Jan if they have removed that much dinar? Why wait to do it all at once?

It is a crawling peg...why wouldn't they start raising the rate like they did in Jan if they have removed that much dinar? Why wait to do it all at once?

Most likely because they havent.....

If they were able to, you would think they would....but then again, I think the limits are 2% for every few months or so....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

as soon as they get the new currency out and raise the value then the dinar will be what they use not the US dollar any longer. Its the currency of choice now because there is little to no value with the dinar to use it to buy things with.

And....the US Dollar is the currency of choice in many countries. Getting off of the US Dollar has nothing to do with pride or a welfare program, it is practicality and good business. This is why I believe the revalue will be slightly above 1:1 in order to dedollarize.

If you are a degreed accountant, you have studied the following and would not be confused:

"Finance Programs

Students in this field may choose from degree programs from the associate's to doctoral degree level. The curriculum for this type of degree focuses on transferring the skills needed to manage and value the assets and investments of an individual or organization. Typical classes required to earn this degree include economic theory, financial accounting, financial planning and analysis, insurance, statistical analysis, money and banking, and credit administration."

International use of the US dollar

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The U.S. dollar is the world's foremost reserve currency. In addition to holdings by central banks and other institutions, there are many private holdings, which are believed[by whom?] to be mostly in one-hundred-dollar banknotes (indeed, most American banknotes actually are held outside the United States). All holdings of U.S.-dollar bank deposits held by non-residents of the United States are known as "eurodollars" (not to be confused with the euro), regardless of the location of the bank holding the deposit (which may be inside or outside the U.S.).

Economist Paul Samuelson and others (including, at his death, Milton Friedman) have maintained that the overseas demand for dollars allows the United States to maintain persistent trade deficits without causing the value of the currency to depreciate or the flow of trade to readjust..."

• Upvote 1

Easy, you might want to know that the debate that is being had at the moment is with Dalite....... ;)

Hey, what a guy! Thank you, and make sure you get a listen. It is a good call.....again........it's all coming together. :D

True. I'm getting really good vibes. especially with them bringing in more IQD.

http://www.imf.org/e...010/cr10316.pdf

The Central Bank of Iraq has been conducting foreign exchange auction on a daily basis

since October 4, 2003. The central bank followed a policy of exchange rate stability which

has translated in a de facto peg of the exchange rate since early 2004. However, from

November 2006 until end 2008, the CBI allowed the exchange rate to gradually appreciate.

As a result, the exchange rate arrangement of Iraq was reclassified to the category of

crawling peg effective November 1, 2006. Since the start of 2009, the CBI returned to its

earlier policy of maintaining a stable dinar. Consequently, the exchange rate arrangement of

Iraq was reclassified effective January 1 2009 as a stabilized Arrangement.

They stopped the incremental increases in the exchange rate about the time that inflation crossed below 10%.

As long as it stays in single digits, the CBI has moved back to a fixed peg and apparently sees no need for the increases.

I do expect to see it move up to 1000;1 at some time, for simplicity in de dollarization.

The yearly inflation numbers VS changes in exchange rate gives an outline of one of the CBI's tools for maintaining a stable exchange rate.

It is very unlikely that they have removed Dinar ; to do so would tax their foreign reserves, which have continued to go up.

However, as oil output increases, the GOI has more USD to exchange for dinar necessary to pay salaries and for local consumption.

The CBI could be just holding the line and not printing as much as they have in the past, as another tool to control inflation.

There hasn't been anything solid that points to the CBI removing Dinar from circulation for a bigger RV. If anything, they are having to put more out to offset the USD the GOI is taking from increased oil output.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They moved again in jan 2012. If was worth more why not move it more?

I think the 2% limit is only on openly traded currencies

One of the reports that Dalite posted from the IMF actually stated the dinar might be overvalued.....

The 2% stated from the IMF website was pretty broad for all the pegged currencies....shouldnt matter if its openly traded....usually openly traded currencies on forex are not pegged currencies anyways because if its not market driven, you wont see much fluctuation in value so there really is no demand for those currencies...