Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Judge rules against voting rights in Pennsylvania

umbertino

Atm card and Credit card....Plus I happen to know my Drivers license number.

I've been honking at red vans with ladders on them for days blink.gif

Now you tell me that you havent even started?....No wonder I keep getting

the finger....Lmao.

emot-LMAO.gif That's funny! Sorry, I thought I metioned that. I will post in my profile when I take off for Flagstaff and Prescott area as I probably wont beable to be on DV as much.

A quick google found this:

National Review

AUGUST 17, 2012 4:00 A.M.

Voter Fraud in the Keystone State

Voter-ID opponents are on the run.

By John Fund

Opponents of voter-ID legislation are fighting such laws in over ten states, but much of their attention has recently focused on Pennsylvania. This week, a state judge refused to block a new law requiring ID at the polls and increasing security measures for absentee ballots from taking effect this November. The political stakes couldn’t be higher.

A new poll from Franklin & Marshall College shows that Barack Obama’s lead over Mitt Romney in the Keystone State has fallen to five points (47 percent to 42 percent). Obama led Romney by 48 percent to 36 percent in the last F&M poll in June. An incumbent president without majority support in a state at this point in the race is in danger of not being able to catch up. If Pennsylvania went Republican, it could decide the presidency — after all, the state hasn’t voted for the GOP at the presidential level since 1988, and it has 20 electoral votes.

In 2004, John Kerry edged out George W. Bush by only 150,000 votes out of 5.7 million cast. Kerry’s victory was built on an enormous margin in Philadelphia, where he won 81 percent of the vote, giving him an edge of 412,000 votes. Republicans have long suspected that voter fraud regularly occurs in Philadelphia. In the 1990s, a Philadelphia election that determined control of the state senate was thrown out by a federal judge because of massive fraud.

Last month, City Commissioner Al Schmidt, a Republican, issued a 27-page report on irregularities he found in a sample of Philadelphia precincts during this year’s primary. The report, which looked at only 1 percent of the city’s 1,687 districts, found cases of double voting, voter impersonation, and voting by non-citizens, as well as 23 people who were not registered to vote but nonetheless voted. Schmidt also found reports of people who were counted as voting in the wrong party’s primary.

“We did not set out to quantify the magnitude of voting irregularities that occurred, but rather to analyze them in detail,” his report stated. “Nevertheless, we identified hundreds of cases of voting irregularities [in select precincts] that warrant further investigation.”

Republicans are convinced that voter-ID laws coupled with absentee-ballot protections will cut down on fraud, and in areas like Philadelphia will lead to lower Democratic margins. The more honest among them acknowledge that the city has long been a fount of corruption, including when Republicans ran a machine that dominated it for 80 years until the 1950s. During that period, not a single Democrat was elected mayor, in part because of massive Republican-led voter fraud. All that changed after Democrats seized control of the levers of city power was that they perfected what former Democratic mayor Ed Rendell once admitted to me was “a yeasty system where the rule of law isn’t always followed.”

page2

page3

Here's more: Republican National Lawyers Assoc.

4 Indiana Dems charged with election fraud in 2008 presidential race

Fox News

:twocents:

:rocking-chair:

Undisputed, but the big problems are the machines in place along with absentee voting. The few lawbreakers, in comparison, should be prosecuted.

Republicans are convinced that voter-ID laws coupled with absentee-ballot protections will cut down on fraud, and in areas like Philadelphia will lead to lower Democratic margins. The more honest among them acknowledge that the city has long been a fount of corruption, including when Republicans ran a machine that dominated it for 80 years until the 1950s. During that period, not a single Democrat was elected mayor, in part because of massive Republican-led voter fraud. All that changed after Democrats seized control of the levers of city power was that they perfected what former Democratic mayor Ed Rendell once admitted to me was “a yeasty system where the rule of law isn’t always followed.”

Read more:

• Upvote 1

Undisputed, but the big problems are the machines in place along with absentee voting. The few lawbreakers, in comparison, should be prosecuted.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...0#ixzz23rZkfxZ5

I read that too, right under the part that was highlighted.

Welcome to DV Simple. I appreciate your opinions and insights.

• Upvote 1

To get an Official Personal ID from DMV? rolleyes.gif Hummm, AZ must be pretty lenient!

That is surprising with the problem of all the illegal imigrants you have there.

We dont have illegal aliens much anymore....They all left when

new laws were enacted to keep them from getting welfare benefits

and drivers licenses......In addition to that, its a crime for a business

to employ them....So no, we dont have much trouble with illegal aliens,

except for the ones getting caught trying to cross the border.

Thats not much of a problem anymore, they mostly cross through

Texas now.

emot-LMAO.gif That's funny! Sorry, I thought I metioned that. I will post in my profile when I take off for Flagstaff and Prescott area as I probably wont beable to be on DV as much.

No worries....I was just kidding with ya :D

• Upvote 2

Disregard the Brennon studies, why do you think it's a battle between Dems and Reps?

Democrats know if they loose that group of voters they will have a problem during the election. Reps know that they would gain by removing these voters. No party is actually fighting for an American right but for ballot power.

Dem's arent actually losing any voters....They are losing the extra

votes that cheating brings.....Thats not technically a voter.

Rep's are interested in a fair election...Counting each and every

fairly cast vote from people with legal ID.

So, as you can see....In a fair election, No one is losing votes, and

no one is gaining votes.....They are counting the votes that can legally

be cast.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

be cast.

Come on Cris, haven't you heard that the 21 million or so are considered low income, and elderly people? Who do you think they tend to vote for? Who will lose votes?

And are you saying only democratic voters cheat? If so, you're being extra narrow-minded.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 2

Come on Cris, haven't you heard that the 21 million or so are considered low income, and elderly people? Who do you think they tend to vote for? Who will lose votes?

And are you saying only democratic voters cheat? If so, you're being extra narrow-minded.

Narrow minded does not enter into the matter of legality

Dont even try that with me....I cant be swayed with PC

rhetoric....Lets keep this nice & friendly like we have been.

The 21 million your quoting are assumptions made from the Democrats,

based on the Brennon Study....Its easy to get an ID, so do it.

If they dont have a legal ID, they are not valid voters.

Im only interested in fair legal voters, in an election anyone else is

unimportant.

The Demo's would be doing themselves a favor to have all of their

constituents get that ID, instead of arguing over whether they'll be

left out. Afterall, eventually every State will require them.

Here's what they're up against though, and why they are still trying

to fight this losing battle. Republicans are now 35.4% of the electorate

Dems are now 34%....They know that as well as I do, so any advantage

they think they can glean will be exploited.

• Upvote 1

be cast.

No problem... please ignore narrow-minded statement. You only see one-side and you believe Reps can do no wrong.

Still the fact is this is political and pushed to suppress voters.

Pennsylvania's new voter identification law "will allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania." So bragged State Representative Mike Turzai, Republican majority leader of the state House of Representatives, to a June 23 meeting of Republicans. His remarks - caught on video and posted widely on the internet - are a blatant admission by a leading Republican lawmaker of the real intent behind legislation, appearing in state after state, to make voting more difficult.

That "voter fraud" is a fraudulent argument is confirmed by Republicans themselves. In a signed court stipulation in advance of the trial over the ACLU lawsuit, Pennsylvania's GOP attorney general admitted that "there have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states."

In Iowa, Republican Secretary of State Mike Schultz "has made it his top priority" to pass a voter ID law - an effort in which, fortunately, he has so far failed. In February Schultz promised to show "that there are cases of voter fraud in Iowa." After investigating the only three allegations of voter fraud they could even find, Schultz's office was forced to admit that none of them really amounted to voter fraud.

http://www.ueunion.org/ueactionupdates.html?news=696

Enough anyway, take care. :)

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 1

simple, I work with the low income, lower income, totally broke, and the elderly and I'm telling you that there is not an issue with them having ID's to show to vote. They have to have their ID's to buy cigarettes, alcohol, cash checks and the list goes on and on. The only people that may have difficulty getting ID's are people who are illegal and those are the ones who should definately not be allowed to vote. Would you agree?

I am telling you once again that the just because people are poor or old doesn't not mean that they are too stupid to get an ID. There are some that may be too lazy or too uninformed but just because they don't have an ID does not put them in the category of being disenfranchised. If they don't want to vote then leave them alone.

God Bless the USA

• Upvote 1

simple, I work with the low income, lower income, totally broke, and the elderly and I'm telling you that there is not an issue with them having ID's to show to vote. They have to have their ID's to buy cigarettes, alcohol, cash checks and the list goes on and on. The only people that may have difficulty getting ID's are people who are illegal and those are the ones who should definately not be allowed to vote. Would you agree?

I am telling you once again that the just because people are poor or old doesn't not mean that they are too stupid to get an ID. There are some that may be too lazy or too uninformed but just because they don't have an ID does not put them in the category of being disenfranchised. If they don't want to vote then leave them alone.

God Bless the USA

If you think you have covered all scenarios to include 21 million folks then okay. One last question; Why does the Reps think they will make it more difficult on these voters and in turn - call it a win for Romney?

I really peek into this site to check up on the dinar. The culture of the site is somewhat defined as conservatives but that's okay. I hope people would also keep an open-mind - some do, not many.

The dinar news seem to mirror the past 2 years... We're holding on to our dinars regardless.

Edited by simple

No problem... please ignore narrow-minded statement. You only see one-side and you believe Reps can do no wrong.

Still the fact is this is political and pushed to suppress voters.

Pennsylvania's new voter identification law "will allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania." So bragged State Representative Mike Turzai, Republican majority leader of the state House of Representatives, to a June 23 meeting of Republicans. His remarks - caught on video and posted widely on the internet - are a blatant admission by a leading Republican lawmaker of the real intent behind legislation, appearing in state after state, to make voting more difficult.

That "voter fraud" is a fraudulent argument is confirmed by Republicans themselves. In a signed court stipulation in advance of the trial over the ACLU lawsuit, Pennsylvania's GOP attorney general admitted that "there have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states."

In Iowa, Republican Secretary of State Mike Schultz "has made it his top priority" to pass a voter ID law - an effort in which, fortunately, he has so far failed. In February Schultz promised to show "that there are cases of voter fraud in Iowa." After investigating the only three allegations of voter fraud they could even find, Schultz's office was forced to admit that none of them really amounted to voter fraud.

http://www.ueunion.org/ueactionupdates.html?news=696

Enough anyway, take care. :)

One more before you leave.

Since Im a registered independent Conservative, I would never

say that Republicans can do no wrong....The RINO's piss me off plenty.

I vote against them whenever they come up in primaries.

This quote is what I was asking for earlier, thanks.

Pennsylvania's new voter identification law "will allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania." So bragged State Representative Mike Turzai, Republican majority leader of the state House of Representatives, to a June 23 meeting of Republicans.

Thats an absolutely true statement, in Mike Turzai's estimation.

Whats the problem? Imo what he is saying is, with voter ID, Demo's

will find it increasingly difficult to cheat...Therefore, the new law will

allow Romney to win....I would tend to agree with that.

The quote itself proves nothing, except that with fair elections, with only

legal voters actually participating.....Romney may win.

Any speculation from the Dem's as to Turzai's meaning is exaggeration,

meant to stir up Lib hatred for Republicans and consequently Conservatives.

It certainly in no way, indicates voter suppression.

This statement also means nothing....In terms of fraud....

there have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter

fraud in Pennsylvania.

All the Attorney General is saying, is that he has not investigated or prosecuted

anyone for 'in-person voter fraud'.

He in no way says that he has not investigated or prosecuted other types of

voter fraud...In addition, he does not say that fraud does not occur. And he never

once says that voter fraud is not rampant....He knows it is, as easily as I do. He

certainly has the same type of information presented here.

See the difference?

• Upvote 2

One more before you leave.

Since Im a registered independent Conservative, I would never

say that Republicans can do no wrong....The RINO's piss me off plenty.

I vote against them whenever they come up in primaries.

This quote is what I was asking for earlier, thanks.

Pennsylvania's new voter identification law "will allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania." So bragged State Representative Mike Turzai, Republican majority leader of the state House of Representatives, to a June 23 meeting of Republicans.

Thats an absolutely true statement, in Mike Turzai's estimation.

Whats the problem? Imo what he is saying is, with voter ID, Demo's

will find it increasingly difficult to cheat...Therefore, the new law will

allow Romney to win....I would tend to agree with that.

The quote itself proves nothing, except that with fair elections, with only

legal voters actually participating.....Romney may win.

Any speculation from the Dem's as to Turzai's meaning is exaggeration,

meant to stir up Lib hatred for Republicans and consequently Conservatives.

It certainly in no way, indicates voter suppression.

This statement also means nothing....In terms of fraud....

there have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter

fraud in Pennsylvania.

All the Attorney General is saying, is that he has not investigated or prosecuted

anyone for 'in-person voter fraud'.

He in no way says that he has not investigated or prosecuted other types of

voter fraud...In addition, he does not say that fraud does not occur. And he never

once says that voter fraud is not rampant....He knows it is, as easily as I do. He

certainly has the same type of information presented here.

See the difference?

I'll say it more SIMPLE; this type of fraud doesn't make a dent in a PRESIDENTIAL election. If you believe that this voter fraud has this much of an impact why isn't there some proof from the people crying fraud?

Your interpretation of this whole thing is ONLY Democrats send constituents out to create voter frauds at the booths. Man I hate to dishonor you but that's a simple form of blinders.

Your thinking is Nothing proves Anything unless it's derived from a camp other than - neutral, democratic, and bipartisan. Basically, you search for righteous conservative views even when there aren't any. Do you ever tune in to Hannity or Limbaugh?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

from Simple:

I'll say it more SIMPLE; this type of fraud doesn't make a dent in a PRESIDENTIAL election. If you believe that this voter fraud has this much of an impact why isn't there some proof from the people crying fraud?

My reply:

So, lets see if I have this straight.....Your saying because you havent searched

enough, and cant find anything but Liberal posts concerning fraud, that it

isnt happening.

I think I've shown clearly that this can and does have a major impact on elections,

and despite what Demo's keep saying, voter ID has not disenfranchised people, it

has made elections more fair, and only the fairly cast votes should count.

Every single fake, fraudulent vote means that a true, real vote has been excluded.

The Demo's dont seem too worried about that. Its very telling about their

motivations.

Its easy to find this info if you use the right keywords, as I've shown in a previous

post.....Liberal lies fill the blogosphere, pushing those lies to the top of most

searches. Conservatives are a little to busy to counter every silly notion from

these people.....But, if you search a little harder, the info is there.

Here's a fun little statistic for you simple....80% of crime goes unpunished.

So, we can see that the fraud that does get prosecuted is only 20% of what

is happenning.

This is fraud in Washington State, a Demo stronghold.....How did they get

so strong there? At least partially by cheating.....You'll see a big change in

that State this year....Thats right, they passed voter ID requirements.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-10-22/politics/voter.fraud_1_voter-registration-acorn-workers-number-of-swing-states?_s=PM:POLITICS

Here is another in Wisconsin....Oh boy, guess what? Looks like the cheating

forced the new Voter ID law there. Its interesting that since the fraud has been

eliminated, that State now leans Conservative....Actually, not that surprising.

This State is almost completely Red, except for the areas with fraud, like

Milwaukee.

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index.php/home/35-politicsinvesting/2240-2010-a-banner-year-for-acorn-voter-fraud-prosecutions

Here is another....This time Nevada. Looks like they need to seriously consider

passing a voter ID law there

http://pjmedia.com/blog/acorn-prosecutions-coast-to-coast/

This is too easy, simple.....Im sure that your mind hasnt been changed,

but lots of folks read these threads. I bet a few have had an

aha, I knew there was fraud, moment......Thanks for the mostly civil debate ;)

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 1

Democrates claim it is a constitutional right to vote and showing an ID violates that right.

Constituion also says I have a right to bear arms.

Do I still have to show an ID to buy my gun??

HYPOCRITES!!!

Voter ID's do prevent dead people from voting and criminals in jail, on the democrat list.

"SLAP"

• Upvote 3

I had a call last night from a polster about my political views. He told me the poll would take about 15 minutes of my time and if I would be willing to answer some questions about my views. I agreed.

First started out asking my age, part of the country I lived in, if I was married or single, my education level, and them he asked my ethnicity. When I told him I was caucasion he thanked me for my time and said that was all the questions he had. It took about 60 seconds or less to answer the questions.

Once he found out my ethnic origin was white he would not proceed with the poll. Tell me these polls aren't slanted to what they want them to be!!

Liberal media even has control of how they want the polls to read to influence public opinion.

GP doesn't buy the koolaide

• Upvote 2

I had a call last night from a polster about my political views. He told me the poll would take about 15 minutes of my time and if I would be willing to answer some questions about my views. I agreed.

First started out asking my age, part of the country I lived in, if I was married or single, my education level, and them he asked my ethnicity. When I told him I was caucasion he thanked me for my time and said that was all the questions he had. It took about 60 seconds or less to answer the questions.

Once he found out my ethnic origin was white he would not proceed with the poll. Tell me these polls aren't slanted to what they want them to be!!

Liberal media even has control of how they want the polls to read to influence public opinion.

GP doesn't buy the koolaide

Exactly, I don't participate either. But GP, the caller must have asked more in order for you to believe it was a liberal based call.

from Simple:

My reply:

So, lets see if I have this straight.....Your saying because you havent searched

enough, and cant find anything but Liberal posts concerning fraud, that it

isnt happening.

I think I've shown clearly that this can and does have a major impact on elections,

and despite what Demo's keep saying, voter ID has not disenfranchised people, it

has made elections more fair, and only the fairly cast votes should count.

Every single fake, fraudulent vote means that a true, real vote has been excluded.

The Demo's dont seem too worried about that. Its very telling about their

motivations.

Its easy to find this info if you use the right keywords, as I've shown in a previous

post.....Liberal lies fill the blogosphere, pushing those lies to the top of most

searches. Conservatives are a little to busy to counter every silly notion from

these people.....But, if you search a little harder, the info is there.

Here's a fun little statistic for you simple....80% of crime goes unpunished.

So, we can see that the fraud that does get prosecuted is only 20% of what

is happenning.

This is fraud in Washington State, a Demo stronghold.....How did they get

so strong there? At least partially by cheating.....You'll see a big change in

that State this year....Thats right, they passed voter ID requirements.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-10-22/politics/voter.fraud_1_voter-registration-acorn-workers-number-of-swing-states?_s=PM:POLITICS

Here is another in Wisconsin....Oh boy, guess what? Looks like the cheating

forced the new Voter ID law there. Its interesting that since the fraud has been

eliminated, that State now leans Conservative....Actually, not that surprising.

This State is almost completely Red, except for the areas with fraud, like

Milwaukee.

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index.php/home/35-politicsinvesting/2240-2010-a-banner-year-for-acorn-voter-fraud-prosecutions

Here is another....This time Nevada. Looks like they need to seriously consider

passing a voter ID law there

http://pjmedia.com/blog/acorn-prosecutions-coast-to-coast/

This is too easy, simple.....Im sure that your mind hasnt been changed,

but lots of folks read these threads. I bet a few have had an

aha, I knew there was fraud, moment......Thanks for the mostly civil debate ;)

Got it - Yes, Democrats are guilty. Thanks Cris!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let me put this as simply and as clearly as I am able for people to understand. Cartoon characters, dead people and inmates HAVE been found on the voter registration. In order to keep the santity of the voting booth, which is the only thing that really sets America apart for countries that has a bloody coup to change government, it is required that a person is able to confirm their identity then so be it. If the government wants to keep the voting booth sacred then the government will provide identifications. If the government does not want people to prove that they are legally able to vote then there is a reason why the government does not want to keep the voting booth sacred. If the government does not want to keep the voting booth sacred then the government WANTS voter fraud. The single thing which protects America from bloodly coup would be removed.

• Upvote 3

I have no problem what so ever with ID being required to vote, sounds right to me.

Here Are My Aha moments from this thread...

1.) Polls don't matter, Proof of voters fraud doesn't matter. hummm. AHA! It actually does matter in this case.

2.) There is a big push by the Repub's to change the laws NOW, right before an election. This will possibly eliminate some of the 21 million eligible low income voters, that would more than likely have voted for Obama.

No Strategy There... hummm. AHA! Obviously there is.

Why not change these laws RIGHT AFTER an election to give these people time to comply? Why right before the election?

AHA! Well thought out planning!

3.) The Biggest fraud that has been happening is with the voters, not how the votes are being counted!

AHA! Remember the "chads" in the 2000 election? Also read Texas Granny's post.

4.)

Disregard the Brennon studies, why do you think it's a battle between Dems and Reps?

Democrats know if they loose that group of voters they will have a problem during the election. Reps know that they would gain by removing these voters.

No party is actually fighting for an American right but for ballot power.

What is this really about? AHA! Ballot Power!

5.)

Who is trying to cheat now? AHA! Easy to see.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have no problem what so ever with ID being required to vote, sounds right to me.

5.)

Who is trying to cheat now? AHA! Easy to see.

I guess you havent been reading then. ;)

The Brennon poll is a flat out fraud, meaning the 21 million stat is a fraud

Both the poll and the accusations are from Demo's. That means Demo's

are a fraud.

Pennsylvania's law was passed in 2011....so the lazy had plenty of time.

This is the most important election ever...The vote count must be fair.

• Upvote 2

If you think you have covered all scenarios to include 21 million folks then okay. One last question; Why does the Reps think they will make it more difficult on these voters and in turn - call it a win for Romney?

I really peek into this site to check up on the dinar. The culture of the site is somewhat defined as conservatives but that's okay. I hope people would also keep an open-mind - some do, not many.

The dinar news seem to mirror the past 2 years... We're holding on to our dinars regardless.

simple, I have a question for you before I could attempt to answer yours. What voters are you talking about? You and others seem to talk about disenfranching people who have a legal right to vote and that simply is not true. People who are legal to vote in our country and want to put a little effort (not much) to get the proper ID, there really isn't a problem at all.

The elderly, disabled, poor (and the list goes on), who want to vote and for some unknown reason they don't have an ID then all they would have to do is tell someone and receive the assistance needed for them to get one. I am available to help anyone who needs an ID but I'm telling you that there are a minute few who need my assistance because there is not much of an issue to get ID's. The majority of people have ID's so that they will be able to cash their checks, buy cigarettes or alcohol, get into bars, and the list goes on and on. The issue is that the extreme majority who don't have an ID are those who do not have a right to vote.

• Upvote 3

Let me put this as simply and as clearly as I am able for people to understand. Cartoon characters, dead people and inmates HAVE been found on the voter registration. In order to keep the santity of the voting booth, which is the only thing that really sets America apart for countries that has a bloody coup to change government, it is required that a person is able to confirm their identity then so be it. If the government wants to keep the voting booth sacred then the government will provide identifications. If the government does not want people to prove that they are legally able to vote then there is a reason why the government does not want to keep the voting booth sacred. If the government does not want to keep the voting booth sacred then the government WANTS voter fraud. The single thing which protects America from bloodly coup would be removed.

I grew up in a small south Texas town and can remember when LBJ got elected in a very close race for a Senate seat...guess how he won? Dead people voted for him. A man named George Parr was behind it all (and they got away with it). My point---voter fraud is real and having an I.D. law of sorts may not stop it all, but it sure would help prevent some of the fraud.

• Upvote 3