Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Med - I Have Great News ! Parliament Has OK'd The Move !

DinarThug

trying to keep a religious agenda out of this may I humbly say in my worthless opinion...the Supreme Intelligence of this young universe...call Him, Her or It (no disrespect meant) gave us a brain, a soul or spirit and the ability to make wise or foolish decisions...how much GOD wishes to interfere with our choices is still uncertain....We all believe what we believe due directly to the way we were raised, our peers, our exposures, etc. in most cases...therefore we have many religious beliefs with most of us blindly accepting our personal religion and its perimeters...not meant to say one is right while another is not...but think about it for a moment....who can prove without a shadow of doubt that their religious view is the only acceptable one...there is something inherently wrong with our inability to accept others views on this subject....just like it is difficult to accept others views about an RV if it goes against what WE want...maybe it's time to come together as a supposedly advanced species and become more tolerant of others...why neg walkingfunny just because you disagree with him? Is his opinion not as worthy as yours or mine? Sorry to turn this into a lecture but GOD, if we wish to invite GOD, would probably prefer humans to settle issues here without Devine Interference...lest GOD needs to settle all of our problems which would negate the reason we have reasoning ability...blessings my friends :)

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

The Dinar is a monetaray unit, not a piece of paper. If you remove the 000's from the Dinar (monetary unit); then the notes (Paper currency) are not affected in a quantitative sense. 1 is still 1, 250 is still 250, 25,000 is still 25,000. In fact, a note is just that... a note promising a value equivalent to the corresponding quantity of units that is printed on it. It is the VALUE that is affected. So, really there shouldn't be too much confusion about what this is saying. A Dinar is a Dinar is a Dinar... no matter what value they set for it... Personally, I am still confident that things will work out favorably; even though the information that comes out is extremely confusing on its best day! Peace and Prosperity to you all!

Nelson

• Upvote 6

Just a quick thought .... if the 3 zeros were to be taken off the face value (in other words a LOP). Why then has Shabibi spent all this time, money and effort from removing these notes from circulation? If the notes are simply going to be worth basically the same value after the rv as they are now ....... then why bother?

This simply doesn't pass the smell test. It says to me that the rv is going to dramatically change the value of the current notes in circulation and it will cost the goi to accomplish it. Thats why Shabs is doing all he can to pull the notes out of circulation now to minimize this expense.

There u have it ... my two dinars worth :blink:

• Upvote 3

Just a quick thought .... if the 3 zeros were to be taken off the face value (in other words a LOP). Why then has Shabibi spent all this time, money and effort from removing these notes from circulation? If the notes are simply going to be worth basically the same value after the rv as they are now ....... then why bother?

This simply doesn't pass the smell test. It says to me that the rv is going to dramatically change the value of the current notes in circulation and it will cost the goi to accomplish it. Thats why Shabs is doing all he can to pull the notes out of circulation now to minimize this expense.

There u have it ... my two dinars worth blink.gif

Thats the misconception that is passed around from forum to forum.....

He nor the CBI has been removing anything from circulation....in fact it just keeps growing....

So U Admit There's A Chance .....

No_chance_to_win.jpg

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

LOL....of course!! There is ALWAYS a chance....thats why I still got my dinar!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Definition of 'Nominal Value'

The stated value of an issued security. Nominal value in economics also refers to a value expressed in monetary terms for a specific year or years, without adjusting for inflation. When used in reference to securities, nominal value is also known face value or par value.

Just sayin.......

KEEP I'm with ya - "nominal" from the French "nom" meaning "name" - so it refers to the "name" on the bill, the face value - which, hey guys, they are shouting RD as they have for years. This shouting isn't just going to stop...so this story, if true, just reinforces the media line coming out of Iraq. Unless there are translation issues with this word here - when MED comes back we need to ask him what got him so excited.

There u have it ... my two dinars worth :blink:

A very good thought - sounds true.

But has anyone shown confirmation they are auctioning to get rid of high denoms and dinar in general?

No.

Thats the misconception that is passed around from forum to forum.....

He nor the CBI has been removing anything from circulation....in fact it just keeps growing....

LOL....of course!! There is ALWAYS a chance....thats why I still got my dinar!!!

It amazes me how a lot of people pretend to know anything about how much money Iraq has or has not removed from circulation. When you get a little older you may realize that things ain't always as they appear. Especially when it concerns money. Looking from the outside in, it appeared FaceBook was a lock IPO. Yea......even tho it wasn't. Fooled all the big boys, the REAL smart money players. It's ok to be negative and think the worse, I do it all the time, but don't come on here and talk like you know whats going on. That's just ignorant son. So Says...........DayTrader

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Although we sometimes disagree here, I am so grateful everyone is allowed to express their views (when it is done in a respectful manner). Both the Lopsters and Pro-RVers make legitimate arguments and really none of us have the answers. Most of us have found our way here after being banned from other chat rooms where critical thinking, independent research and offering a different perspective was forbidden, while they advocated a "cult-like" atmosphere and habitual guru worship. This is one of the few places I can come and actually learn something these days. Great forum. Thanks DV.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 9

Although we sometimes disagree here, I am so grateful everyone is allowed to express their views (when it is done in a respectful manner). Both the Lopsters and Pro-RVers make legitimate arguments and really none of us have the answers. Most of us have found our way here after being banned from other chat rooms where critical thinking, independent research and offering a different perspective was forbidden, while they advocated a "cult-like" atmosphere and habitual guru worship. This is one of the few places I can come and actually learn something these days. Great forum. Thanks DV.

I would like to thank you for the information you provide to the forum.

• Upvote 2

It amazes me how a lot of people pretend to know anything about how much money Iraq has or has not removed from circulation. When you get a little older you may realize that things ain't always as they appear. Especially when it concerns money. Looking from the outside in, it appeared FaceBook was a lock IPO. Yea......even tho it wasn't. Fooled all the big boys, the REAL smart money players. It's ok to be negative and think the worse, I do it all the time, but don't come on here and talk like you know whats going on. That's just ignorant son. So Says...........DayTrader

Thanks for the pep talk dad!!

I feel soooooo much better now that you put me in line!!!

If you can show any evidence of them contracting the money supply, then you might have a reason to speak......otherwise you should probly sit on your hands.....

I dont pretend to know whats going on.....Im just going off of the availible information we have....what we have to use for this speculation.....people talk like the CBI is removing currency from circulation as its fact when there is absolutely no evidence or the slightest to support that idea....

What we do have evidence of, from the IMF and other organizations, is that the money supply is doing nothing but growing....I think your dreams are blocking your ability to think logically....which if thats what you wanna do then go for it....

But if the CBI is trying to reduce the money supply, then why are these dealers getting shipped dinar by the pallets like its rice?? Why is it that you can buy 100s of millions of dinar at any given moment if you have the money to buy it?? But the CBI is trying to remove currency from circulation right? LOL By adding billions to it?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

I don't see how you can say that it is ignorant to believe that the CBIs published, audited financials are +/- 20% or so of the actual value. What is your reason for believing that, and insulting and antagonizing Keep in the process?

Actually it is about God and a plan. And after it's done, those that didn't deserve the gift in the first place will be separated from their newfound wealth.

God operates everywhere. I can spot an aetheist a mile away.

As a Christian and a pastor....I think you should just not type such comments...please...Does God bless His people...yes...and the Bible says that the unjust prosper also...so what is your point...please do not comment back to that question...think before you write...consider others better than yourself and pray for those who do not know Christ as their savior and show LOVE for them...not self-righteous comments....by the way...maybe you just did not know better...so..it is ok...we all make mistakes sometimes!

God bless!

• Upvote 9

As a Christian and a pastor....I think you should just not type such comments...please...Does God bless His people...yes...and the Bible says that the unjust prosper also...so what is your point...please do not comment back to that question...think before you write...consider others better than yourself and pray for those who do not know Christ as their savior and show LOVE for them...not self-righteous comments....by the way...maybe you just did not know better...so..it is ok...we all make mistakes sometimes!

God bless!

You should follow your own comments. Typing, speaking, and commenting in absolute about your religious views in itself is "Self-Righteous." IMO<---There's my disclaimer... Believing in god,fair tales, and/or the tooth fairy is all the same...It's okay though, maybe you didn't know better...we all make mistakes... but hey, you're a Christian and a pastor, so when you surmise anything, clearly it trumps all(insert sarcasm)

In your world, you can believe anything you want, but talking in absolute makes you look naive and ignorant...

P.S Keepmwlkfny, keep doing your thing brotha; I know you don't get the love from many, but trust me it's very much appreciated. The voice of reason is always welcomed.

Well said. your info is what keeps me going brotha.

Hope for the best, expect the worst...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 14

Tom...i will practice what I wrote...He is real and He does love you. I pray that you will discover this yourself...it is what we all get to do... I know this...that if you really want to know if He is real...ask Him to show you...He is up for the task...have a wonderful day!

PS I do not want to get into a spiritual discussion on the investment site...but if you would like to ask any questions or comments you can write a private message and I will be happy to discuss.

• Upvote 4

Tom...i will practice what I wrote...

In your world, you can believe anything you want, but talking in absolute makes you look naive and ignorant...

He is real and He does love you.

Comprehension must not be your thing...

He must be real; Like Santa Clause??? That's rhetorical, just in case you fail to comprehend that as well.

I pray that you will discover this yourself...it is what we all get to do... I know this...that if you really want to know if He is real...ask Him to show you...He is up for the task...have a wonderful day!

I'll hope that you discover how naive and ignorant you sound, typing this non-sense...Wow, look at how counter productive that was...LMAO. I know that if you put your heart into it you'll realize how ridiculous you sound. Read a real book, maybe you'll learn something of value, I hope you're up for the task...

PS I do not want to get into a spiritual discussion on the investment site...but if you would like to ask any questions or comments you can write a private message and I will be happy to discuss.

You're being hypercritical, I rest my case your honor, no further questions...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

I don't think they could be much clearer. They will delete three zeros from the nominal (named) value which is $.00086. That makes the value $.86. The old currency will be exchanged at a ratio of 1000 old for 1 new. That's a redenomination. The problem isn't that they're not being clear. The problem is some don't want to listen.

• Upvote 3

He must be real; Like Santa Clause??? That's rhetorical, just in case you fail to comprehend that as well.

I'll hope that you discover how naive and ignorant you sound, typing this non-sense...Wow, look at how counter productive that was...LMAO. I know that if you put your heart into it you'll realize how ridiculous you sound. Read a real book, maybe you'll learn something of value, I hope you're up for the task...

why is it that it's the non-believing atheists who are angry, defensive, and so quick to resort to name calling and insults?

LOL!!..

• Upvote 6

The irony is that you yourself are speaking in absolutes when you say that "talking in absolutes makes you look naive and ignorant." That is an absolute statement.

Also, the statement that believing in God, fairy tales, santa is all the same is also speaking in absolutes.

So, exactly what is your world view? If you say there is no God, you are speaking in absolutes. If you say there is a God, but you don't know who, then you again are speaking in absolutes. If you say the evidence for or against God guides your belief, then it does for others as well.

So how is your opinion better than anyone elses? especially when you seem to speak in the very absolutes you find silly?

• Upvote 7

Blacks Law Dictonary 8th Edition.

NOMINAL

nominal (nahm-<<schwa>>-n<<schwa>>l), adj.1. Existing in name only <the king was a

nominal figurehead as he had no power>.2. (Of a price or amount) trifling, esp. as compared to

what would be expected <the lamp sold for a nominal price of ten cents>.3. Of or relating to a

name or term <a nominal definition>. — nominally,adv.

• Upvote 1