Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Unions on Romney’s VP choice: Wrong for America

umbertino

Iam Not a Union Man.

But if You hate Unions better be prepared!.

1. If Your House is on Fire, You going to put it out? Fire Department

I have sprinklers

2.Someone Robbed You or attacked Your Family You going to take care of It. Police Department.

Only money making traffic tickets are a priority to the PD....they arent NCIS

3. Having a Stroke or Heart Attack? EMTs. Nurses, Hospital Workers Ect.

My doctor and his staff arent in a Union

4. Lights go out in Your House During a Storm. Power People.

Solar, generator, well, rain catchment

5. Snowing out and You need to get somewhere, Public Works, alot of Jobs.

4 wheel drive

6. Teach Your Children how to read and write, ect. Teachers.

I home schooled my children

7. I could go on.

All these People are Union People.

So I would think Long and Hard before I Bad Mouthed theses Folks.

Got any more Unions that I can summarily eliminate...because with all the money people could save, they could afford to take care of themselves. ;)

Well said bud, many in these fields are doing a lousy job, and it wouldn't be any different with out them then it is when they go on strike and screw up everything for everyone else. If they were to disappear the private sector would step in with their own solutions run more efficiently and effectively. Teachers especially should be paid on performance, not all are bad obviously, but our country's grades are going down hill fast, it can't be that many dumb kids. If my people don't perform to my expectations it's the manager who gets the heat, should be the same in Education and a lot of these other union occupations.

• Upvote 2

Well said bud, many in these fields are doing a lousy job, and it wouldn't be any different with out them then it is when they go on strike and screw up everything for everyone else. If they were to disappear the private sector would step in with their own solutions run more efficiently and effectively. Teachers especially should be paid on performance, not all are bad obviously, but our country's grades are going down hill fast, it can't be that many dumb kids. If my people don't perform to my expectations it's the manager who gets the heat, should be the same in Education and a lot of these other union occupations.

Absolutely right Dive....The Unions are an unnecessary cost we all pay.

I like your take on this, If they were magically gone, the free market would fill the gap.

Teachers are a funny category...They get paid crap, so the field is filled with

a lot of uncaring 'bodies', and a few that truely do the work, because its

a calling.....Kind of along the lines of what O'blah wants for Health Care.

The state of the Nations education scores can be tied directly to Unions and

Dept of Ed.

I have friends that are teachers, they love the job but they work their asses off

and a lot of times have to pay for their own supplies.....I know they are hard working

and dedicated.....They are some of the few, they get the same crap pay as any other

teacher with no work ethic....And they hate the Unions and the Dept of Education.

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 2

I know some friends who worked in the N.E part of the country who where part of one of the largest unions. He paid his dues every month like tens of thousands of others for many years. Well when the upcoming contract didn't suit the union at the bargaining table ,they called a strike. The only problem was they only had enough funds to pay strike money for a couple of weeks. It seems the union executive's had been diping into strike money funds using it for extravagant vacations . So the striking workers where left holding the bag. Oh by the way big labor unions don't be seem to be doing so well in greece t,hey one of the reasons greece is in the shape they're in.

You got any proof, sounds like more anti-union B.S......................................uninitiated ignorant have no clue!!!

Wait one minute! I thought this thread was about Mr. Ryan as the Republican V.P. Choice and supposedly what unions think of him? I didn't think this was a open forum about bashing every UNION member out there! Let me first say this I am a UNION member who is a plumber and proud to say I am. I went to college and the pay for my major was pure **** no pun intended! I make a good living for my family but by no means does anyone just hand me a free pay check. Union trained Plumbers are the protectors of the health of the nation! Anything having to do with water is dealt with by plumbers! Union leadership is no different than big corporate greed! Many of my office/corporate buddies have been rear ended by big business packing up shop moving overseas just so the CEO can make more money for himself and his shareholders. The first people corporate Leaders like to blame for moving overseas is Unions! Last time I checked the price of products hasn't dropped for goods that were once made here and now made over seas. With corporations creating new sweat shops and no Union payroll why no savings to the consumer? It's all Bullshit! What I will say is I totally agree with Small Business owners that our government is taxing them to death. What about I.T. guys who aren't union members and corporate decides to set up shop in India and fires every U.S. employee.....wait Unions right? The problem is the system as a whole is BROKE, corporate greed, investor fraud, Union waste, Banks bending everyone over the list goes on and on. Oh wait this thread was suppose to be about Mr. Ryan!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have a question....Why is a 'plumbers union' even necessary?

To save us from the horribly bad small business guy doing plumbing

one client at a time?

Sounds like the same argument used by unions against Walmart.

No small Mom & Pop business is allowed, unless they are part of

the 'organization' <_<

• Upvote 3

Well I guess it's a matter of which side of the fence your on. I come from a long line of union tradesman/craftsman who worked hard all of their lives and where real pro's at what they did.

My union of 32 yrs (IBEW) was formed in the early days of electrification of our nation as 1 out of 2 electrical workers where getting injured or killed. They where being paid pittance and didn't even have medical insurance for a very dangerous job.

They organized and both the workers and the country benefitted, fair wages and benefits where established along with safety standards and protocols that set the standard for many other industries.

I've heard the same anti-union rhetoric spewed from the mouth of the ignorant uninitiated that don't have a clue concerning the scope of unions.

Granted some unions are outdated and not necessary IMHO. A lot of federal/state employee unions fall into this category the way they are set up now.

Trade unions are absolutely important to the average working stiff and unlike some unions they negotiate with union contractors and don't recieve any taxpayer money.

Corporations/companies created unions out of their greed and lack of concern for their employee's, I live in a right to work (mostly non-union) state and the wages/conditions/benefits are not very good if it wasn't for unions the average working man would still be working 60hrs a week for a lot less money and forget medical/health insurance.

My pension check cashes every month and affords my wife and I a comfortable lifestyle................thank God for unions.

I know I'm greatly outnumbered so bring on the negs!!!!!!!!!!! If you do I hope your light go out............LOL!!

While I 100% disagree with you, I respect your opinion. At one point unions served a worthwhile purpose,now not so much. If you want to talk greed and corruption look no further than to some of the most powerfull/influential unions. No negs from me but dont buy your argument.Peace

Wait one minute! I thought this thread was about Mr. Ryan as the Republican V.P. Choice and supposedly what unions think of him? I didn't think this was a open forum about bashing every UNION member out there! Let me first say this I am a UNION member who is a plumber and proud to say I am. I went to college and the pay for my major was pure **** no pun intended! I make a good living for my family but by no means does anyone just hand me a free pay check. Union trained Plumbers are the protectors of the health of the nation! Anything having to do with water is dealt with by plumbers! Union leadership is no different than big corporate greed! Many of my office/corporate buddies have been rear ended by big business packing up shop moving overseas just so the CEO can make more money for himself and his shareholders. The first people corporate Leaders like to blame for moving overseas is Unions! Last time I checked the price of products hasn't dropped for goods that were once made here and now made over seas. With corporations creating new sweat shops and no Union payroll why no savings to the consumer? It's all Bullshit! What I will say is I totally agree with Small Business owners that our government is taxing them to death. What about I.T. guys who aren't union members and corporate decides to set up shop in India and fires every U.S. employee.....wait Unions right? The problem is the system as a whole is BROKE, corporate greed, investor fraud, Union waste, Banks bending everyone over the list goes on and on. Oh wait this thread was suppose to be about Mr. Ryan!

"Union leadership is no different than big corporate greed!" Now that statement is so very true and not in anyway a bonus for unions. Peace

• Upvote 1