Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor If no LOP then I want to work in Iraq for just 1 month after the RV

joeintt

If there is only an RV (lets say 1:1) then an iraqi who sweeped the streets for 850,000 IQD (or US$850) per month will now be paid US$850,000 per month (should he choose to convert his next paycheck after the RV of 1:1). This is completely illogical!!! Some of those zeros have to go!!!

I am of the opinion that the IQD will have to be lopped AND RV'ed (about $2-$3) at the same time. This just makes perfect sense to me....since this will allow the iraqis to get a more manageble currency whilst still making a great return on their savings (about 200% to 300%).

A LOP alone would be a disaster for iraq (and us). There must be a LOP and a RV. This way the iraqis will not be lining up to bomb places and shoot folks should there be only a LOP!!

Meanwhile, the rest of us would just have to go along with the flow......this whole thing has nothing to do with what we WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN but everything to do with WHAT IS BEST FOR IRAQ. As I have said in a previous post..."do we want to hear what is being said or do we only want to hear what we want to hear". I would love to see a plain old RV but I just can't wrap my analytical mind around the RV only rational.

Lastly, what further makes me feel that there will be a LOP + RV is the fact that the Iraqi authorities seem not to be too concerned with letting us know that something positive is about to happen with the IQD. Their comfort in taking their time in pulling the trigger in the face of this common knowledge that something is about to happens tells me that they are comfortable with ALL OF US (folks in and out of iraq) making a reasonable return on our investment (200% to 300%) as opposed to the straight RV (predictions varying from $.86 to $3.89) which would result in all of us making a return of a kazillion percent (being facicious here).

My analytical mind continues to lead me to wonder why would iraq opt to pay the high tab of giving us all this massive return (RV only) whilst they could be just as credible in the international community's eyes with a fair return (LOP + RV).

this is just my opinion .... be blessed all!!

It's called redenominating the currency. If they got paid 850k in dinar, then the CBI, MOF, and GOI will change the wage scale. So you say its about 850 usd per month.... so they would make 1000 dinar after the redenominating...

Stop talking about a LOP. THERE IS NO INFLATION IN IRAQ. PLEASE GO OUT AN EDUCATE YOURSELVES

its not just us small investors that are holdin the dinar...you keep forgetting the bigger countries like china, france, great britian who have also aquired alot of dinar. you think china would forgive a 9 billion dollar debt for no reason? doesent sound logical to me....its because they are holdin a crap load of dinar....and if it was to LOP all that dinar they hold wouldnt amount to much at all....same with our own govt....they told us the war would pay for itself and guess what? thats exactly what is about to happen....revalue low around a dollar and let the market drive the value up....its simple....

to me it makes perfect sense...iraq has improved their inflation significantly however they have suffered from very high inflation in the past. Historically it is far better to redenominate once inflation is under control instead of using it to control inflation. Not to mention that all of the articles that have been coming out discuss removing zero's and I haven't seen any that discuss a wage scale adjustment. I don't believe they could support an RV to the level people have promoted.

• Upvote 1

If there is only an RV (lets say 1:1) then an iraqi who sweeped the streets for 850,000 IQD (or US$850) per month will now be paid US$850,000 per month (should he choose to convert his next paycheck after the RV of 1:1). This is completely illogical!!! Some of those zeros have to go!!!

I am of the opinion that the IQD will have to be lopped AND RV'ed (about $2-$3) at the same time. This just makes perfect sense to me....since this will allow the iraqis to get a more manageble currency whilst still making a great return on their savings (about 200% to 300%).

A LOP alone would be a disaster for iraq (and us). There must be a LOP and a RV. This way the iraqis will not be lining up to bomb places and shoot folks should there be only a LOP!!

Meanwhile, the rest of us would just have to go along with the flow......this whole thing has nothing to do with what we WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN but everything to do with WHAT IS BEST FOR IRAQ. As I have said in a previous post..."do we want to hear what is being said or do we only want to hear what we want to hear". I would love to see a plain old RV but I just can't wrap my analytical mind around the RV only rational.

Lastly, what further makes me feel that there will be a LOP + RV is the fact that the Iraqi authorities seem not to be too concerned with letting us know that something positive is about to happen with the IQD. Their comfort in taking their time in pulling the trigger in the face of this common knowledge that something is about to happens tells me that they are comfortable with ALL OF US (folks in and out of iraq) making a reasonable return on our investment (200% to 300%) as opposed to the straight RV (predictions varying from $.86 to $3.89) which would result in all of us making a return of a kazillion percent (being facicious here).

My analytical mind continues to lead me to wonder why would iraq opt to pay the high tab of giving us all this massive return (RV only) whilst they could be just as credible in the international community's eyes with a fair return (LOP + RV).

this is just my opinion .... be blessed all!!

First of all let me just say that having served 4 tours of duty in Iraq no way on gods green earth does a street sweeper make 850USD per month or its equivalent in IQD. Probably more along the lines of 50-100USD. People you have to imagine a society with no real middle class, your either poor or yourdoing well over there, and doing well in IQD is still a far cry from 850USD per month. Whenever Iraq RV's and they will, it will then create a middle class because Iraqs wealth will be restored from all of the many years of war and living under a dictator for so many years. Iraq is a very rich country folks the problem is that for too many years Uncle Sadaam was hording all of the money. During 2003 on my first tour semi truckloads of USD were recovered from Sadaams stockpiles and this is just what I know about from fact from being there.. Iraq will RV, that is the bottom line, then they wil redenominate their currency once they have pulled back all of the large bills. In my humble opinion they will come out with an initial RV of somewhere around .30 to suck back as much of the large bills as possible and give a timeline for all of those people like us to cash in or exchange. Countries (the U.S.) I'm sure will not have a timeline restriction. Once this is done their currency will free float and yes my friend maybe not initially will it hit the 1970's rate of $3+ but it will get back to that level eventually.. Everyone hang on and don't put your whole life around this investment, live day to day and hope yes but don't get wrapped around the axle. This is Iraq afterall and folks they do not conduct business as we do here in the United States. Let go and let god.. Be patient and remember to pay your blessings forward whenever it does RV.. God bless and Semper Fidelis

A LOP is the worse case scenario for me, however the conditions for a LOP are not there at this time. Is there any legislation that says they are going to do this at this time? Okay? U dont think an RV makes sense...alright...hey take a look at our Federal Reserve! Does that make sense to you?

A LOP is a definite thing that could have been long ago with this Dinar, what are they waiting for? Why havent they lopped already? Do you understand where their 40+ TRILLIONS of money is? Do you think we bought all of that from dinar dealers? hmm? When does someone like china forgive 8.5 billion debt to anyone? LOL

if they lop then 25 trillion in circulation will become 25 billion. At a rv of 3.00 to one that is 75 billion, wont cover the 2010 budget. The weath will be removed from Iraq forever. No money in lopping. The Iraqi people plan on going forward for 100's of years with plenty of time to increase the grows domestic product of the contry and cover a revaluation. The dinar was worth 3.00 plus in the 70's when oil was 15.00 per barrel. Relax people

A LOP is a made up term on these forums.....a LOP is a redenomination of the currency. And look at it this way, if the redenominate that gives them a vehicle for adjusting the value at the same time. It removes the zeros as they have stated will be done this year, it increases the value of the currencey giving the people of iraq more purchasing power and it reduces the amount of money that is required to be carried around by their people All of these items have been clearly stated in recent articles....it also is a very good thing for investors as we will have a significant return. No country has ever come close to the amount of the RV that we have been hoping for and it would make their currency more valuable than all of the other currency's in the world COMBINED.

• Upvote 1

Yes Brandon I own plenty and it may seem negative that is not the intent. i think there will be a significant return on the investment....but i consider significant return to be around 300%. Thinking positive is a great attitude to have and I too think this will have a positive outcome. But, i have also done a significant amount of research on the dinar as well as other currencies and based on basic economics and history don't believe it is possible to be as high as some would have you believe. I don't think that makes me negative...it just means i have a different opinion. I am only trying to share information is supported by articles or facts. I think different opinions are healthy and I'm open to being influenced by a good argument that is contrary to what i believe. In the end i want the same thing you do....

• Upvote 1

It's called redenominating the currency. If they got paid 850k in dinar, then the CBI, MOF, and GOI will change the wage scale. So you say its about 850 usd per month.... so they would make 1000 dinar after the redenominating...

Stop talking about a LOP. THERE IS NO INFLATION IN IRAQ. PLEASE GO OUT AN EDUCATE YOURSELVES

oh no haven't your read there has to be a LoP just go to the LOP LOP LOP thread and you will see even though I have given the same information I'm told I'm wrong since 70 other countries have lopped and never "was inflation" the reason. Although my good friend the economics professor at Mizzou said after reading the posts that the people were "not able to have a true idea what the real situation is in Iraq"

one should look at how much gold iraq has been putting a way in dutch banks and it is a lot rumer has it at 70 billion usd a year for the last 7 years and the fact that iraq has not payed much in the rebuild it has all been other countrys !!!!! so they have mass coin plus all that they got from the auctions has all been paid . so iraq has coin and oil so the rv needs to happen soon so they can get back to were they were be for the war 3.40 usd to iqd . they say that in five years iraq will be one of therichest countrys in the world . so i feel that the rv will be some what strong....