Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq the country must be a scam too! All the oil they ARE selling must be a scam too! The war must have been a conspiracy! The millions they spent to print the new iraq dinar was a waste. I could go on and on too! But, watch and wait, time will tell.

And time is one our side....... B)

• Upvote 1

This guy didn't actually write anything new contained in this article. All he did was quote the article that was written in Forbes. Thie timing of this tells me that it's a classic case of dis-information. The author is probably on Maliki's payroll.

Edited by Rabbi

It actuality, the Iraqi Dinar, or “IQD”, is a “controlled” currency. The central bank of Iraq determines the exchange rate and must support that rate by maintaining adequate foreign currency reserves to handle capital flows across its borders. The IMF permits countries with a transitional economy to implement currency controls in order to stabilize their economy during its redevelopment phase. Presently, international banks will not accept the Dinar, and it is not traded on any forex exchange. Actual purchases can be made through currency dealers that have been authorized to buy and sell banknotes that are already in circulation. This right here says a lot for our investment. This is stating that it will be controlled, so lets do this.

• Upvote 3

It actuality, the Iraqi Dinar, or “IQD”, is a “controlled” currency. The central bank of Iraq determines the exchange rate and must support that rate by maintaining adequate foreign currency reserves to handle capital flows across its borders. The IMF permits countries with a transitional economy to implement currency controls in order to stabilize their economy during its redevelopment phase. Presently, international banks will not accept the Dinar, and it is not traded on any forex exchange. Actual purchases can be made through currency dealers that have been authorized to buy and sell banknotes that are already in circulation. This right here says a lot for our investment. This is stating that it will be controlled, so lets do this.

...........Very well said, Gina. ...........

I know Im reaching here

IBN is a limited company registered in the UK and is a joint venture between Upper Quartile and AAIB Insurance.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/about/

About Upper Quartile

Established in 2007 by its two founding partners, Gavin Jones and James Mason,

http://www.upperquartile.co.uk/about.php

Currently Gavin is working directly with the Minister of Agriculture in Kabul restructuring the national priorities

http://upperquartile.co.uk/GavinJones.php

Their Clients

We have built close working relationships with a wide range of clients, both since our establishment in 2007 and from our partners' previous experience. Our private sector clients come from a number of key sectors - energy, logistics and manufacturing - and include Cairn Energy and G4S. In the UK public sector we work with the Universities to forge new collaborations with industrial partners. We have also worked with development agencies such as the RDAs in England, Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise and with other bodies such as Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, Edinburgh College of Art, Heriot-Watt University and Harris Tweed Authority.

Upper Quartile has advised a number of international multilateral agencies such as the World Bank, the OECD and UNDP. We have also worked for international donor agencies, including USAID and DFID and we have worked with national Government ministries in both developed and emerging economies in the UK, Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan and many others.

http://www.upperquartile.co.uk/clients.php

AAIB is the leading and largest international insurance broker licensed to operate in Iraq

http://www.aaib-insurance.com/

iraqbusinessnews.com has proven to unreliable time and time again...pay them never no mine. :rolleyes:

Here's the original piece from Forbes. It's about the most arrogant, condescending screed I think I've ever read, and the fact that Forbes would even publish something so insulting, much less the fact that they still can't find anybody with a name anyone would recognize to comment on this, makes me think the gentlemen doth protest a bit too much.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jayadkisson/2012/07/30/you-cant-fix-stupid-the-iraqi-dinar-scam-lives/

He gets his numbers wrong on Iraq's oil reserves, which he says pale in comparison to Kuwait's. In fact, Kuwait reserves are estimated at 104B barrels, while Iraq's were conservatively estimated at almost 150B, until recently. According to wikipedia, recent estimates put Iraq's reserves at closer to 350B barrels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_Iraq

He condescendingly compares dinars to magic beans. I'm not sure what the folks who bought his magic beans got back when it turned out their beans weren't magic, but I bet it was pretty close to zero, unlike our return in the event of the dreaded lop.

He says Iraq is still fighting a significant insurgency and that the government may not be around next year. Maybe he's not following this as closely as we are, but the government, while certainly not moving as quickly as we would like them to, has made a lot of progress, especially recently. Violence does happen, but is sporadic, and is a far cry from anything anyone could reasonably call an "insurgency." The political parties have shown significant rapprochement just in the last week or so, and with the US involved now, we could see a deal any day.

He says people think they're gonna be billionaires or trillionaires. I don't know who he's been talking to, but I don't know anyone who thinks he's going to be a trilliionaire from dinars, so either this guy is talking to the stupidest Okie disciple who thinks he's getting a $1000 to one dinar rate, he's talking to actual billionaires with millions invested, or he just made that part up.

I read this as being good news. The propaganda will intensify before the RV. I'm from Texas and we coined a phrase down hear that applies

cometake.jpg

I agree with you. I think that the article is orchestrated propaganda. I have read similar negative articles on the Iraqi Business News site.

Is Mr. Lee not aware that IQD was once valued around 4k to 1 USD. Where are we now? It appears to me that the IQD has appreciated over time. I believe that it will continue to do so.

He gets his numbers wrong on Iraq's oil reserves, which he says pale in comparison to Kuwait's. In fact, Kuwait reserves are estimated at 104B barrels, while Iraq's were conservatively estimated at almost 150B, until recently. According to wikipedia, recent estimates put Iraq's reserves at closer to 350B barrels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_Iraq

That's $32.2 trillion worth of oil in the ground by today's price of $92/barrel, by the way.

The market controls the IQD rate. Countries cant just raise or lower their exchange rate or they all would and it would f everything up in about 3 seconds.. Very basic economics 101.