Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

clint eastwood

jeepguy

when i was a little guy ,, having a blast :P could not wait too see the cowboy ficks on t.v. --- john wayne , clint eastwood ,, must say these two guys made up the television days for me!! but one thing i really would like i suppose would be too take a walk with clint east wood,,, just hang ,,, lord knows i can`t run the the miles he runs :rolleyes: there are so many star i would like too see before it is too late ,, and all we have are the films ,,, mr. clint ,,, if by some chance you are seeing this ,,, big BIG fan ,,, of yours ,,,, if by some idea i come off as a goof ball sorry,,, but ya kind of formed who i am today,,, although i don`t ride a horse :lol: you and andy griffith ,,,, as time goes by we hang on ,, i just wanted too say thank you for your great work ,,, thanks jeep

while i`m thinking of this -------- reba mcintire --- shania twain --- the same for you two sweet gals ----- BIG BIG uhhhhh fan ----- just sit at a table with a big bottle of wine and shoot the breeze !!!! no interruptions ,,, dang just a nice nite or two too hang out and say ---- love you guys and the work you do ;) p.s. you can text me on this site hehehehehe

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 1

Some may not know that Clint Eastwood got famous in the US after Italian Director Sergio Leone had made him famous in Italy with his spaghetti-western movies ( "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" just to name one and many more)....

He's undoubtedly a fantastic Actor and also a gifted Director.... He has a special relationship with Italy.

;););) a few dollars more --- fist full of dollars ?? ---- mule for sister sara---- rawhide <---- for sure ;) magnum force,,, super magnun ---- dirty harry { harry calehan } ---- play misty for me --- grand torrino--- presidents men ---- just a few too say ;) ----------------> reba -------> has a few also --------> shania mmmmmmmmmmm just woman
  • Upvote 1

;););) a few dollars more --- fist full of dollars ?? ---- mule for sister sara---- rawhide <---- for sure ;) magnum force,,, super magnun ---- dirty harry { harry calehan } ---- play misty for me --- grand torrino--- presidents men ---- just a few too say ;) ----------------> reba -------> has a few also --------> shania mmmmmmmmmmm just woman

Absolutely... For those who love the western genre .. These movies are still today deemed as masterpieces.

And... Let's not forget the awesome soundtrack music of Mr. Ennio Morricone.

Edited by umbertino

Mr. Eastwood is great actor and a brilliant director. I would love to have dinner with him and his family. I'm dreaming.

John Wayne is cool too. I grew up watching western movies that featured Mr. Wayne. He was a bad ass in his films. I guess that's why I'm fond of his persona. Mr. Wayne was a great actor.

• Upvote 1

Most of my working life was spent owning and operating my own business.That brings up two things. First, within the frame of my business if there was an assignment I wanted, I could take it, and let someone else do my job for the day or week of whatever. Also, during slow times in my own business, I could let my emplyees handle the day to day while I took part time jobs outside of my worik, and let me tell you, those were interesting jobs or I would not have taken them.

So, long story short, I have been in the position of waiting in an airport with some celebrity usually while they are waiting. I have delivered parcels or documents that needed signatures and then return courier to where I got them from. This usually meant meeting someone well known, spending time with them, accepting a dinner invitation and then returning to my home city the next day. The ways in which I met actors, athletes, famous people ... are innumerable. It just happened that I got into things that led me there. I worked part time on an answering service, before the days of cel phones and phone mail. I met, during that time Anne Murray, Ian and Sylvia, The Happy Hooker, the Mayor or Toronto and his successor the next Mayor of Toronto.

Over the course of my "interesting" work I chatted with Dr. David Suzuki, Actor Christopher Plummer, more Olympic athletes than I can remember and more comedians and actors than I could shake a stick at. It was a wonderful feeling, each and every time.

Although a few of them were a little standoffish, perhaps a little big for their britches, even then they were interesting. If you got them talking about themselves, it always worked into a good listening opportunity.

So, if you ever get the chance to have a sit down with Clint Eastwood, I know you would find it interesting, I did. And shortly thereafter I got to chat with a couple of actors who were doing the remake of "We're No Angels" in Mission, BC. At the time my husband and I owned the laundromat there. Some of the studio people dropped of some laundry and said it would be picked up. Well, who should pick up the first batch but Robert DiNiro, a great guy to talk to if you just treat him like a regular guy, no star burst needed there. And the second bunch was picked up by Sean Penn, another real person. I love all the work of both these actors and having them just relax and chat while I folded laundry was a great experience.

I so hope you get the chance to chat with your particular favourite star(s) ... everyone ... 'cause it is a way to bring all the glory down to a real person and realize that they work hard to produce what we see as something that looks like enjoying playing games. And sometimes it can be like that. But mostly it is work, and consuming work at that. But these people, stars that they may be, are real folk. They have given me memories I'll take with me wherever I go.

Thanks for bringing this topic up ... it has given me something good to think about while I try to get some sleep.

:)

smee2

Absolutely... For those who love the western genre .. These movies are still today deemed as masterpieces.

And... Let's not forget the awesome soundtrack music of Mr. Ennio Morricone.

I think it was about three years ago, maybe more, that they gave an Oscar to Ennio Marricone. Unfortunately they chose to honour him with a piece of his music which was written without words. They wrote words for it, and had Celine Dion (sp?) sing it. Worst piece of crap on the show that night. But his other music, the untouched stuff, is magnificent. I expecially love the music from the movie "The Mission" ... absolutely masterful. There are certain pieces of music I could listen to all day long, and that is one of them. Thanks for the reminder. I must go and find it now and have a listen.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

I think it was about three years ago, maybe more, that they gave an Oscar to Ennio Marricone. Unfortunately they chose to honour him with a piece of his music which was written without words. They wrote words for it, and had Celine Dion (sp?) sing it. Worst piece of crap on the show that night. But his other music, the untouched stuff, is magnificent. I expecially love the music from the movie "The Mission" ... absolutely masterful. There are certain pieces of music I could listen to all day long, and that is one of them. Thanks for the reminder. I must go and find it now and have a listen.

End Quote

Smee... That's correct... He got awarded an Oscar a few years ago...

He's surely one of the super best Soundtrack music composers.... And you're right.. His work wasn't limited to western movies ... He composed lots and lots of different movie soundtracks

I think the "Once Upon A Time In America" (directed by Sergio Leone and starring De Niro, Woods,Weld, McGovern, etc.) soundtrack is stunning in its beauty. JMHO.

Edited by umbertino

Yep Clint has always been one of my favorites. Him and the duke have left me with a horrible cowboy fetish. My wife puts up with it like a real trooper. Although she tries to contain it to our bedroom. I have a full sized saddle sitting on the end of a ole fashioned sleigh bed. With 2 sets of custom holsters containing custom 45 single action revolvers. hanging on the head of the bed. while the night stand provides a place for old rabbit eared coach gun and beside it a 45/70 lever action with the big loop lever. cowboy pics everywhere. hahahahahaha My wife the poor thing

Yep Clint has always been one of my favorites. Him and the duke have left me with a horrible cowboy fetish. My wife puts up with it like a real trooper. Although she tries to contain it to our bedroom. I have a full sized saddle sitting on the end of a ole fashioned sleigh bed. With 2 sets of custom holsters containing custom 45 single action revolvers. hanging on the head of the bed. while the night stand provides a place for old rabbit eared coach gun and beside it a 45/70 lever action with the big loop lever. cowboy pics everywhere. hahahahahaha My wife the poor thing

Sounds like Fun... I personally believe it's good to have at least one Fetish... It's good to use your Creativity....

Go Ahead, jeepguy, Make My Day!

i has too know !!! did the dinar re-vlue at one shot or all six shots ,,,, hehehehhe harry calahan first show wow this has turned into a great topic for sure !!! smeee i think a lot of the stand offish folks are kind of learey about folks coming up and saying --- hi clint how ya doing grab at them like the star should know them ,,, i kind of had this --- saw a local news gal ,, watched everyday when i worked weekends ,,, saw her, strolled up and gave a side hug,,, i had a good smile, and having a good day ,,, but with hind site she probably thought i was --- just a big looney :o

Edited by jeepguy