Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

To DinarThug

nerd

It doesn't and debate is good. But not when it simply turns into name-calling and when people parrot the same things over and over again simply to get a rise out of people and then to say "Derp, they refuse or can't comprehend X idea, they're stupid, hahahahaha." Let alone the illogical fallacy that if someone refuses to accept a definitive outcome than that person somehow can't or doesn't comprehend the possibility of said outcome.

My only observation is when u get banned to lop or enjoy reading it why is it ok for rvers to come to lop forum instigate name call and cause problems then turn around and say shame on the loppers for debating the same rd maybe everyone that is so against the lop should just not comment in the lop forum and see how quiet it is seems like the place to be during Ramadan or when there isn't any gurus to bash in rumors

• Upvote 1

BigFrankD - I see clearly why you're here in the Lopster Tank. lol

nerd - wow, your intelligence far outweighs the rest of us. Like Markinsa said above, "your opinion" - have you ever tried to use that phrase?

nerd's quote:

"Secondly, an RV of 1000:1 is IMPOSSIBLE. I know you and many want to think otherwise, but you have been conned. "

• Upvote 1

BigFrankD - I see clearly why you're here in the Lopster Tank. lol

nerd - wow, your intelligence far outweighs the rest of us. Like Markinsa said above, "your opinion" - have you ever tried to use that phrase?

nerd's quote:

"Secondly, an RV of 1000:1 is IMPOSSIBLE. I know you and many want to think otherwise, but you have been conned. "

And from your posts I see clearly why it was easy to sucker you into thinking the dinar would make you rich. When it doesn't (and it wont, unless you're one of the dealers selling it to the rubes), remember that people tried to tell you the truth, but you wouldn't listen.

• Downvote 4

And from your posts I see clearly why it was easy to sucker you into thinking the dinar would make you rich. When it doesn't (and it wont, unless you're one of the dealers selling it to the rubes), remember that people tried to tell you the truth, but you wouldn't listen.

So, what was your excuse for being suckered into this? :lol:

• Upvote 2

Since I can no longer post anywhere but here:

First, what is with this every word starting with a capital deal?

Lol ! I Started Typing Like That Because I Post A Lot Of Threads And That's How I Posted The Headlines + Sub Headings.

I Type So Painfully Slow That It Doesn't Really Take Me Any Longer And I Gradually Started Typing Everything This Way.

It's All Part Of CNN, A Pretend News Network That I Have Fun Clowning Around With. ;)

• Upvote 5

Might we swim to the moon one day or is that impossible? does 2+2=4000 or 4? that is the sort of thing in play here. It isn't opinion its just arithmetic. If we talking about whether a currency will go up or down 0.1% against another, then sure no one knows (that's how currency traders make and lose money, one thinks it will go one way and one thinks it will go the other). An RV of 10% or 20% is very very unlikely but not impossible. An RV of 100,000% is impossible.

Math operations and theroms are constant and do not change. Valuation of currency is subjective and the value is based on what people are willing to pay for it. If the IMF, World Bank and CBI come out and assign the value as one Dinar is equal to one Dollar, then rest of the World will fall in line. With our current ecomony, the real question should be is the Dollar worth one Dinar???

-

• Upvote 2

Second, can you not make your case without insults? Maybe you don't have a case to make in the first place. I mean why resrt to this nonsense if there are good arguments to support your position?

Lol ! What Insults ? I Just Read My Words Which U Quoted And I Didn't See An Insult.

Now If Ur Talking About The Nerd Pictures I Posted In The Chat Section (Which U Didn't Quote) -

Those Pictures Are Funny ! Ur The Lopster That Named Urself Nerd So U Can't Be Thin Skinned ! :D

Btw, I Make Fun Of Everything -

Guru's, Iraqi Politicians, LOPsters, Other DV Members And Especially Myself ! :lol:

• Upvote 3

Lastly it is absolutely false that the dinar was "devalued nearly a decade ago". Check the CBI history page, or any currency site that offers rate histories. The dinar was massively inflated between the late 80s and the mid/late 90s. For sure that would really be bad if you were holding cash over that whole period, but it was not overnight. Since it was slow people could easily adjust by just buying stuff they later would sell. That is a pain for sure but its doable. Sure Saddam did not care about the impact to his people, one might hope the current government cares a bit more. Plus doing a RV overnight would result in massive violence by the have-nots trying to take from the haves. That did not happen with the much much slower hyperinflation

Other Than Ur 2nd To Last Sentence (Which Is Speculation And Ur Opinion) Those Are Valid Points. ;)

The Bottom Line Is That Most Us On This Site Are Informed, Realistic, And Are Acutely Aware Of The Different Ways This Might Turn Out.

I'm Just Hopeful That Parliament Will Pass The HCL During The Next 6 Months And Along With An Exit From Chapter 7 -

Then We May Finally Get This Over With. RV Or RD Or Whatever ! B)

• Upvote 3

Math operations and theroms are constant and do not change. Valuation of currency is subjective and the value is based on what people are willing to pay for it. If the IMF, World Bank and CBI come out and assign the value as one Dinar is equal to one Dollar, then rest of the World will fall in line. With our current ecomony, the real question should be is the Dollar worth one Dinar???

-

Wait a minute. Why would the IMF tell the world the dinar is now worth a dollar? Why doesn't the IMF tell the world that the dollar is now worth 10 euros? Afterall, the US has a 15 trillion GDP while Iraq has a weak 130 billion. How come China is getting left out of this deal. Shouldnt the IMF declare their currency worth a 1000 times more too? Doesn't seem fair. Their GDP is going to surpass the US soon. While they are at it maybe the IMF should declare every country on Earths currencies worth 1000 times more all at the same time. Just to be fair and all.

The IMF is nothing more than a global loan shark. They cant assign value to a countries currency. Sorry.

Edited by dinarck

The phrase "explore all possibilities" is getting abused here pretty badly. We are being invited to be intellectually supple by an individual who absolutely refuses to admit that a positive outcome is possible. I believe it is that fundamental dishonesty that separates us.

• Upvote 2

Wait a minute. Why would the IMF tell the world the dinar is now worth a dollar? Why doesn't the IMF tell the world that the dollar is now worth 10 euros? Afterall, the US has a 15 trillion GDP while Iraq has a weak 130 billion. How come China is getting left out of this deal. Shouldnt the IMF declare their currency worth a 1000 times more too? Doesn't seem fair. Their GDP is going to surpass the US soon. While they are at it maybe the IMF should declare every country on Earths currencies worth 1000 times more all at the same time. Just to be fair and all.

The IMF is nothing more than a global loan shark. They cant assign value to a countries currency. Sorry.

Then who assigns the value to all of the world's currencies? Who? Who?

-

Other Than Ur 2nd To Last Sentence (Which Is Speculation And Ur Opinion) Those Are Valid Points. wink.gif

The Bottom Line Is That Most Us On This Site Are Informed, Realistic, And Are Acutely Aware Of The Different Ways This Might Turn Out.

I'm Just Hopeful That Parliament Will Pass The HCL During The Next 6 Months And Along With An Exit From Chapter 7 -

Then We May Finally Get This Over With. RV Or RD Or Whatever ! cool.gif

emot-downsbravo.gif

• Upvote 1

-

Depends on the currency. Floating reserve currencies such as the dollar base its value off of demand in the market and other factors including GDP and inflation rates. Pegged currencies value is determined by the amount in circulation in relation to the amount of reserves as well as the state of the currency it is pegged to. No one sits in a room somewhere and says ok, this countries currency will be worth this much and that countries currency will be worth this much. Economics determines value which is why mega RVs are impossible.

• Upvote 1

Lastly it is absolutely false that the dinar was "devalued nearly a decade ago"

Before the war the dinar was worth $3.22 dollar to one dinar and now you need 1166 dinar to $1.00 dollar, if that's not a devalue I don't know what is.

Well technically the equation is equal. there wasnt a devalue, its just the equation changed. The value is a certain amount.....for example and for an easy example of making my point lets use 60 billion usd for the value, and for the before and after rate lets use 1 dollar before and 1000 afterwards. remember... im using these numbers just for an easy explanation..

Exchange rate x amount of currency= value (for example 60 billion)

Before, example rate of 1 dinar = 1 dollar

1 x 60 billion dinar = 60 billion in value

after the mass printing of currency, the rate fell, example rate of 1000 dinar= 1 dollar

.001 x 60 trillion dinar= 60 billion in value.

the point being is the value didnt leave....or no devalue. the equation was simply changed and the value was spread across trillions and no longer billions. So technically the value is all there....its just expressed in an equivalent equation

• Upvote 1

Nerd, if you have opinions that you wish to express, do so without calling out individual members.

The best way to get your opinion out there is to write a thesis. Spend some time formulating your opinion, put it in writing, post it ONCE, then drop it. I'll leave it here for people to see IF THEY WANT TO. If they don't, I'm going to stop you from shoving your opinion into every thread and cluttering up the forum with negativity.

I'm closing your threads labeled "To Adam", "To Quaddkid1", and "To DinarThug". Those threads were obviously meant to call people out, aka start arguments.

This forum is for discussion - not arguments or personal attacks.

I am giving you the room to voice your opinion, but the aggressiveness will not be tolerated.

Tone it down or you will be banned.

• Upvote 3

Nerd, is there any reason you keep calling people out in different threads?? I dont see anything positive that could possibly come fro. that. whatever your point is, go ahead and make it. Half the people will always disagree, just move past it, and quit looking for answers. I just see nothing but trouble coming in from those efforts.

• Upvote 1

-

Here is the IMF stance on Iraq... --- IMF ---

It is an assessment of the CBI's role in assigning value.

The IMF expects a stable economic system through the period in which their loans are repaid. To have a country sharply raise the value of their currency, and inflate away their IMF debt, would not be viewed favorably...

However, never say never. Possible, but improbable may be more accurate..

E. Monetary and Exchange Rate Policies

31. The CBI intends to maintain its present monetary and exchange rate policies, which are aimed at keeping inflation in the single digits and further reducing dollarization. In the absence of an effective monetary transmission mechanism, the exchange rate remains the CBI’s main policy instrument. Up until late 2008, the CBI had allowed the dinar to appreciate gradually to bring down core inflation to near single digit levels. Once inflation was brought under control, theCBI returned to its earlier policy of maintaining a stable dinar, as it had been specified in the last SBA. The CBI also intends to keep the policy interest rate positive in real terms (as measured by core inflation).

32. The lack of data and large structural changes in the Iraqi economy preclude any meaningful estimation of the equilibrium real exchange rate. A very crude assessment suggests that the dinar is broadly in line with fundamentals.4* With the drop in oil prices, it appears that a possible prior undervaluation has disappeared, and that the dinar could even be somewhat overvalued. The relative low levels of headline and core inflation, however, do not suggest any significant deviation from the equilibrium real effective exchange rate. Moreover, as oil revenues are expected to rise substantially over the medium- to longer term, the equilibrium real exchange rate is likely to rise as well. More importantly, a nominal depreciation could undermine confidence in the dinar, destabilize expectations, lead to increased dollarization, and reignite inflation, reversing the hard-won gains made in recent years. The CBI therefore intends to continue to keep the exchange rate stable, but will consult with staff if its reserves were to fall significantly below the program targets.

4* Rough estimates based on the external sustainability approach aimed at determining the current account balance that would stabilize the country’s net foreign asset position relative to GDP suggest that the real effective exchange rate is broadly in line with the equilibrium real exchange rate. The current account norm for 2014 was estimated at a surplus of 2.9 percent of GDP. Under current projections, the current account surplus is expected to be only marginally lower than the norm in 2014.

Looks like I forgot to check a box.

Again;

Nerd, if you have opinions that you wish to express, do so without calling out individual members.<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">The best way to get your opinion out there is to write a thesis. Spend some time formulating your opinion, put it in writing, post it ONCE, then drop it. I'll leave it here for people to see IF THEY WANT TO. If they don't, I'm going to stop you from shoving your opinion into every thread and cluttering up the forum with negativity.<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">I'm closing your threads labeled "To Adam", "To Quaddkid1", and "To DinarThug". Those threads were obviously meant to call people out, aka start arguments.<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">This forum is for discussion - not arguments or personal attacks.<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">I am giving you the room to voice your opinion, but the aggressiveness will not be tolerated.<br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Tone it down or you will be banned.

Thread closed. (For real this time :D )