Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OUCH !!!

smee2

For everyone there is something that is more painful than anything else. Though sometimes two or three things will register the same amount on the pain-o-meter dial.

I am thinking of things like paper cuts, especially the ones you get from licking an envelope and it cuts across your tongue, or just catches the corner of your mouth where top and bottom lips join. Even the thought of that one gives me a chill.

So, tell us what you find the most painful. Maybe something that happens fairly often, or just occasionally ... or maybe once in your life. Maybe it is something that made you holler, or made tears come to your eyes, made your hair stand on end, or perhaps it was such a shock or pain that you passed out.

Tell us ... some us are just voyeuristic enough to want to know ...

:)

smee2

• Upvote 5

For everyone there is something that is more painful than anything else. Though sometimes two or three things will register the same amount on the pain-o-meter dial.

I am thinking of things like paper cuts, especially the ones you get from licking an envelope and it cuts across your tongue, or just catches the corner of your mouth where top and bottom lips join. Even the thought of that one gives me a chill.

So, tell us what you find the most painful. Maybe something that happens fairly often, or just occasionally ... or maybe once in your life. Maybe it is something that made you holler, or made tears come to your eyes, made your hair stand on end, or perhaps it was such a shock or pain that you passed out.

Tell us ... some us are just voyeuristic enough to want to know ...

smee2

The paper cut to the lip YES OUCH,

Biting the tongue can cause one to say words that make you repent real fast. I know this.

Not sure though if biting my tongue or repenting was the quickest. LOL

Luci

Edited by DumNDumer

To be quite honest Smee... having one of your kids basically turn their back on their parents and not listen to a "Dam thing we have to say"!!! blink.gif To me, that emotional pain often hurts much worse than physical pain. It makes me wonder... am I missing something here? ... or is that whole "I'm an adult" thing playing itself out no matter how immature or irrational they may get??? We have done nothing their whole lives but love and encourage them, yes, we have our faults, but they still managed to get through with minimal amount of "dis functionality" compared to what we as parents had to endure.

We have all heard the saying "experience is the best teacher".... but in fact, that is only half of the quote, the full quote is "experience is the best teacher, as long as it is someone else experience"!!! Think about it... if we could only learn from our own experiences then we would all have to "reinvent the wheel" for ourselves, discover fire, medicine, how to walk, etc..., all by ourselves. No, it's much better to learn from others that have gone before us. Just wish the kids would get that in their heads, we are not trying to control them, just trying to help them avoid some very serious, and possibly dangerous pitfalls! dry.gif

Sorry Smee... I guess that's a twofer.... "pain and venting" at the same time!!! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 4

Rod & Staff

You got it right. At least partly. I have watched many friends with kids (I didn't have any) go through all the stages and saw from both sides, the parents, and the kids, and was amazed that everything the kids went through, the parents had, at one time or another, also gone through. It just seems to happen at an earlier age each generation.

You have my sympathy. Had my children survived I am sure they would have treated me as horribly as I must have treated my parents. Sort of glad I missed that part.

smee2

I once pushed a 10lb.2oz. HUMAN BEING out of my body with no anesthesia! Had to destroy the home video of his birth - it was one long string of obscenities! :o

Other than that.....I really hate lemon juice in my eye! ;)

hahaha ... sorry to laugh but when I did it I had to push out over thirteen pounds, partly in the taxi cab and partly in a doctor's office with no hospital less than two hours away, and no anesthetic. But I was able to do it in two separate efforts ... twins.

And I don't know much about lemon juice in the eye but am assuming it is a lot like grapefruit juice that can squirt directly for the eye even though it is itself blind and cannot see where it is squirting. Pretty smart fruit that grapefruit !!

smee2

• Upvote 1

Well, I have you all beat! I have chronic lower back pain. I haven't worked for 13 years. I have it in the morning. I have it in the afternoon. I have it at night. I have it 24/7. I take pills, and have a pain pump stoked with diolotid and buprivicaine. There is no relief, ever! You cannot get comfortable in bed, you can't sit for more than 10 minutes or stand for more than 15 seconds. I have 6 hours a day with which I can do my domestic chores. Then, it's valium, vicodin or more diolotid ( diolotid id 10x stronger than morphine) and flat on my back till the morning. Yes, I have no life.

So, think about how you lift things, how/ if you exercise.

Well that's my most painful moment(s). If one person reads this and changes the way they lift, bend, reach, push and pull, I have fulfilled my mission. The more the better. God bless all of you.

Well, I have you all beat! I have chronic lower back pain. I haven't worked for 13 years. I have it in the morning. I have it in the afternoon. I have it at night. I have it 24/7. I take pills, and have a pain pump stoked with diolotid and buprivicaine. There is no relief, ever! You cannot get comfortable in bed, you can't sit for more than 10 minutes or stand for more than 15 seconds. I have 6 hours a day with which I can do my domestic chores. Then, it's valium, vicodin or more diolotid ( diolotid id 10x stronger than morphine) and flat on my back till the morning. Yes, I have no life.

Well that's my most painful moment(s). If one person reads this and changes the way they lift, bend, reach, push and pull, I have fulfilled my mission. The more the better. God bless all of you.

I have family members that have lower back issues. This might be a stupid question but I’m supposing you’ve checked into the nerve block pain management method? Or else I didn’t work for you? Regardless, It sounds like the pain is unimaginable.

Toothache

Stomach ache

Headache ( get these nomore..found out they were due to my high BP)

As a male...a hard thump / kick in the nuts .

Surely lots more.

TOOTHACHE!!! There are plenty of things that cause mind numbing pain, a bad burn for instance, but I really think toothache is the most debilitating pain I have ever felt...

• Upvote 1

The worst ouch for me was when I contracted Aseptic Meningitis after delivering my son via C-Section. A week after I gave birth to my son I become very ill. I experienced the worst headache and vomiting. It's pretty tough to through up when you have a six inch incision that is a week old and a the worst headache imaginable. It took several months for me to recover.

I don't sweat the small aches and pains in life after my experience.

To be quite honest Smee... having one of your kids basically turn their back on their parents and not listen to a "Dam thing we have to say"!!! blink.gif To me, that emotional pain often hurts much worse than physical pain. It makes me wonder... am I missing something here? ... or is that whole "I'm an adult" thing playing itself out no matter how immature or irrational they may get??? We have done nothing their whole lives but love and encourage them, yes, we have our faults, but they still managed to get through with minimal amount of "dis functionality" compared to what we as parents had to endure.

We have all heard the saying "experience is the best teacher".... but in fact, that is only half of the quote, the full quote is "experience is the best teacher, as long as it is someone else experience"!!! Think about it... if we could only learn from our own experiences then we would all have to "reinvent the wheel" for ourselves, discover fire, medicine, how to walk, etc..., all by ourselves. No, it's much better to learn from others that have gone before us. Just wish the kids would get that in their heads, we are not trying to control them, just trying to help them avoid some very serious, and possibly dangerous pitfalls! dry.gif

Sorry Smee... I guess that's a twofer.... "pain and venting" at the same time!!! rolleyes.gif

I don't believe I could have said it better. I often scratch my head wondering why I went to such degree's to insure that I drove home "what not to do" or "this happens" life lessons, only to be lectured by someone half my age, that says "Momma, I got this". OK???? So, lemme get this straight.... You're so grown up and have your act so together, that you have moved back home to your parents house with your life stuffed into our garage, and a five year in tow, as though this is somehow something I have to just suck it up and deal with. Ouch: Disrespectful adult children who in some way feel they are owed a do over. :blink::blink:

• Upvote 1

Toothache

Stomach ache

Headache ( get these nomore..found out they were due to my high BP)

As a male...a hard thump / kick in the nuts .

Surely lots more.

ohmy.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

.........and my Best Buddy, first Dog, Copper passed away...

Edited by littlefeet

For every day pain in the butt pain. For me would have to be peeling cuticles back. For those that might not know what cuticles are. They are the little pieces of skin (that split when dried out) around your finger nails. My fingers bleed daily, and no amount of lotion or bag balm seems to work. I could wear gloves, but that would slow me down. It's just something I live with.

As far as my worst pain it was when my leg was hit by a flare. White phosphorous burnt me but good. From two- three inches below my knee to just above my waist. An 18 hr boat ride was very painful once the nerves kicked back in. Then when they scrub the dead skin away, well let's just say I asked for forgiveness when it was over.

The kidney stone was pretty memorable as well, and the broken ankle. Plus the bottle of J.D. broken over my head, oh an the rock ( the size of two fists) up side the head. List is too long, but I'm sure you get the idea. :)

• Upvote 1

Brother I'm there with you! through Light Infantry in the Army and taking the majority of impact on my shoulders of a 50mph motorcycle wreck and too, being 6'4" PAIN IS MY CONSTANT. I have to also add LAZINESS!! It infuriates me

Thanks for the topic Smee, hope your healing quickly

Working construction in the dead of winter with the temperatures hovering near 0 degrees F. Using a hammer to nail a board and missing it . Thumb is in the way 100% of the time during this operation. Gloves or no gloves it does cut the skin on the inside of the thumb and bleed a long time. Does it hurt ??? Oh yes !!!. Do you say a few choice words ??? Hmmmmm I'd say so. I think here the bottom line would have to be " I'd rather hit my thumb 10 time in the warm weather than one time in the dead of winter when your fingers are severely cold and numb". Of course everyone has to agree it is better never to hit your thumb. OUCH THAT HURTS. :(

Working construction in the dead of winter with the temperatures hovering near 0 degrees F. Using a hammer to nail a board and missing it . Thumb is in the way 100% of the time during this operation. Gloves or no gloves it does cut the skin on the inside of the thumb and bleed a long time. Does it hurt ??? Oh yes !!!. Do you say a few choice words ??? Hmmmmm I'd say so. I think here the bottom line would have to be " I'd rather hit my thumb 10 time in the warm weather than one time in the dead of winter when your fingers are severely cold and numb". Of course everyone has to agree it is better never to hit your thumb. OUCH THAT HURTS. :(

That only happens to me when I have a brand new hammer. :lol: :lol:

Or when driving stakes, and hitting your hand. I actually have a tattoo there now. Kinda like a target.

ohmy.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

.........and my Best Buddy, first Dog, Copper passed away...

I'm sorry to hear that, my Friend.

I forgot to add... A finger nail or toe nail which goes under skin ( cos it was badly cut or whatever).... Horrible...

Once had to go to the hospital and see a Doctor who was a Friend of my parents, to have it ( the nail) removed with doc tools...

Edited by umbertino